#1 HD96

HD96

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1346 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

Hi all, I have a 6x6x7 flower room with a 1000 watt air cooled xxl reflector.

I'm thinking of going to 2 600 watt air cooled hoods,one with hps and one with mh,

Not sure if it's a good idea or not, any input abought this setup would be great, I'm

wondering abought heat issues. Peace.
  • Turf, teddys head, Blue61 and 1 other like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Turf

Turf

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1985 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

does it have to be this one or that..... why not all of the above? :)
  • teddys head, Blue61 and Ohmless like this

#3 Dudz

Dudz

Freak of Nature

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:55 AM

With proper airflow you shouldn't have any issues. I have ran two 600's plus a 4'long 8 bulb T5 HO fixture (another 432w) in my room. It's 5'x5'x9' (similar cubic footage to yours) and I didn't have any issues.

I suspect you might actually see a decrease in temps with the 600's versus the 1000w. 1000's put off a ton of heat.

I have since gotten rid of the T5 fixture and actually want to put a 3rd 600w in there.

Edited by Dudz, 15 August 2012 - 12:56 AM.

• teddys head, Blue61 and Ohmless like this

#4 BikerPepe

BikerPepe

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • LocationN.E. WA.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

coming in late in the game here too... but just wanted to say, I've made this same switch. using an old travel trailer in my garage, the bud room is about 8'x12' or so, totally mylar covered... had a single 1000 on an old mag. ballast in the room that was working just fine... but I quickly tired of having it hanging right in the middle and having to carefully wiggle around it, to get in and out to the water and sink/drain setup. Figured switching to the two 600's w/digi ballasts would not only give me a better access route, but would better divide the light, add more crosslight penetration and even keep the room a little cooler (1 mag. vs 2 digi). Added two light tracks (a little staggered) to keep 'em moving over two rows each and I haven't regretted the change at all... in fact, even considering replumbing another electric circut and going for 4x 600's, but that's gonna have to wait for more cash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users