8 replies to this topic

#1 tcoop420

tcoop420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationeast coast

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

hello and good day to all i have a problem with my baby.i think its a calcium deficiency im growing in soil useing GH lucas formula distilled water 400watt mh and my girl is a northern lights x bigbud auto its been in the dirt for three 1/2 weeks just showed the sex its a girl but these leaves dont look so well can anyone help me plz also i added one tsp of epson salt to a gal of distilled water just added it today and sprayed light with it dont worry lights were off. thank you all for your help.here are some picsAttached File  070212153132.jpg   27.76KB   24 downloadsAttached File  070212153108.jpg   33.11KB   21 downloads
  • Tokecrazy, teddys head, HD96 and 1 other like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21659 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

If your using distilled water it's very possible your having a calcium deficiency if your using distilled water. Most nutrient companies expect you to be using tap water with about 150 ppm or more worth of calcium in the water. Unless your water is real hard you should use tap. A quick correction can be done with agricultural lime, gypsum is best as it won't throw pH off.
  • Tokecrazy, teddys head and Blue61 like this

#3 tcoop420

tcoop420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationeast coast

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

thank you i havent had a chance to test the tap water i ordered a ph meter online and it dont work properly so i figured id play it safe and use distilled without thinking about all the minerals being filtered out do u think the epson salt will help for now

#4 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21659 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

Epsom salt supplies magnesium which the plant needs but you still need calcium.
  • Tokecrazy, teddys head, HD96 and 1 other like this

#5 tcoop420

tcoop420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationeast coast

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

where could i get gypsum and how much would i use and would i add it to water or soil thank you for your help great peps here at gp

#6 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21659 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

A garden center or big box home center should have agricultural gypsum or Ag lime. The lime will work but raises pH a bit. About 1 teaspoon per gallon of water should do it.

#7 tcoop420

tcoop420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationeast coast

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

thank you for taking the time to help me will go tomarrow and get some i shall let you know
  • Tokecrazy and Blue61 like this

#8 GarageGrower

GarageGrower

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

Don't know dude, but that looks like it could be the onset of nute burn. That would mean the yellowing will continue to get worse and possible plant death. Next 5 - 7 days will tell the tale. Be careful trying to isolate and add things like that. Unless you really know what your are doing, you can kill a plant real quick.
  • Tokecrazy and teddys head like this

#9 tcoop420

tcoop420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationeast coast

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

thank u all it was a cal deficiency and heat stress it is looking better made better vent with a/c and gave her a lil lime. calimagic should be here today thanks again KNUCKLE .D and GARAGE .G you were both a great help
  • Tokecrazy, teddys head, KnuckleDragger and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users