3 replies to this topic

#1 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

I have a question for out resident weed wizards.Vortex which i'm growing out now is Apollo13 x Space Queen and Apollo 13bx which I will be growing out after the summer heat is Apollo 13 x (Apollo 13 x Space Queen).Now for the question will they really be that different from each other since it's basically all the same strains?I really didn't notice how close they were until today when I looked them up on the Seed Finder link.
  • Tokecrazy, plant boy, KaeaneabisSativas and 2 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 couchpotatoking

couchpotatoking

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Locationso high i may never come down!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:04 AM

Just a guess, id think it be alot more apollo stable, less space queenie phenos.....im no expert, just a thinker,lol Ive been running vortex for about 2 years now and was just gifted a few vortex bx2? ...didnt know it existed, but ill find out soon enough,lol
  • Tokecrazy, plant boy, KaeaneabisSativas and 1 other like this

#3 stocktonT

stocktonT

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1101 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

I would think this is part of a cubing process to get Apollo 13 in seed form, or as close as it is possible. From what I gathered online Subcool has the elite cut of Apollo 13 (female) and to make Vortex he crossed that with his Space Dude (Space Queen male). Now, just like Mr. Soul did with his Princess (mother of Cinderella) he crossed it with another strain, then picking male offspring from the F1 generations that are closest to the mother plant to make back crossing, or Cubing as they say. I believe that Mr. Soul did 4 or 5 back crosses before he got to Cinderella99 which was supposed to be about 99% Princess (name on the mother clone only plant).

I can’t tell you how much the difference is between Apollo BX and Vortex as I have only grown Vortex but she is worth while I can say. I got one Vortex girl that really seemed to be a good candidate for an Apollo dom. phenotype and she is amongst the best weed I have ever smoked. Now growing her was not as easy, very Sativa, very weak stems (Cindy like) that needed hard core staking to stay up last 3 weeks of flowering. But she was beautiful and her potency was awesome. She is my avatar and I miss her J

Good luck and let us know if the A13 BX is all that and then some//Stock

• plant boy likes this

#4 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21633 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

Stockton has it right, the BX is just a rest stop in the cubing process. The other is as far as it goes.
  • plant boy and stocktonT like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users