Burpus Interruptus

curing drying freezing refrigeration

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_KingChubby_*

Guest_KingChubby_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

Hi there. Long story short, I have to hit the road for 3-4 days and am in the first week of burping--they will only have been in the jars for 2-3 days when I depart. Stems were snapping dry and outer leaves crispy when they were first jarred. So I'm wondering what's the safest course at this point for the jarred buds: leave them sealed at room temp for 3-4 days, sealed in fridge for 3-4 days, or freeze? Or something else I haven't thought of? Temps here will be in the 80s while I'm gone. Thanks!

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

placing them in much larger containers so the contained air is greater for the rh to move to might be the way to go? mebbe placing lidless jars into a 5gal bucket with a sealed lid? muA
  • YoniKunda, kittypup and Blue61 like this

#3 Turf

Turf

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:48 PM

i'd leave them in a cool dry dark place with the lids off. you can re-wet easy enough but mold is harder to clean up. my twocents.gif
  • kittypup and Blue61 like this

#4 Guest_KingChubby_*

Guest_KingChubby_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

placing them in much larger containers so the contained air is greater for the rh to move to might be the way to go? mebbe placing lidless jars into a 5gal bucket with a sealed lid?

muA

Thanks for that--unsealed jars in a larger sealed container. I've got a few days to see how much they re-hydrate in the jars. If it's too much I'll probably avoid sealing them completely in anything, and just use a lidded cooking pot or something that will allow a very small amount of air exchange. Better to have to re-hydrate a few buds next week (by jarring them together with their new-picked sister's) than to risk mold or freezer slush.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: curing, drying, freezing, refrigeration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users