#1 Zoot

Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts
  • LocationGreat Lakes Region

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

I have slowly been changing out my soil & fertilizers in favor of organics. My soil base now is made up of Fox Farm Ocean Forest & Purple Cow Organic Compost @ a 2:1 ratio. After one run in this mix I will be using the 3Little Birds soil recipe to reclaim the soil & keep on using.

As for nutes, I am using Earth Juice 5 part; Grow, Bloom, Catalyst, Meta-K & Microblast. I will be mixing this with my well water that has a 6.5–7.5 pH & 300-400ppm TDS @.7 conversion. After I fill my 5 gallon water jugs, I drop a 2” round air stone in to aerate the water & to remove any gases that their might be, just in case.

Now this is where the benefits are found, look at the numbers below of what I feed to what should have been feed.

My Feedings - Vegetation Mix - Advance Feed
  • 30ml - Grow - 4ml
  • 15ml - Catalyst - 1.3ml
  • 5ml - Meta-K - 1ml
  • 5ml - Microblast - 1.3ml

These numbers are pre gallon of water & I feed them this way twice. The Advance Feed is what you find on Earth Juices website for feeding. They tell you that you don’t have to check or adjust the pH of your mix but I checked it out just to see & I had 4.84pH with over 1100ppm. And I feed this to 8 plants in veg that are only 40 days old. Yet I have no burning, curling, wilting or dying happening because of it. I am sold on organics & I feel all new dirt growers should start out this way, so much more forgiving.

Picture of the Veg Garden 6/14/2012

Attached File  IMG_0969.JPG   164.4KB   14 downloads

• FarmerLiz likes this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 SweetCheebs

SweetCheebs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationU.S. of Assholes

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

I agree Zoot, what really changed my mind about chemical fertilizers is reading the book The Secret Life of Plants. The book desribes how the bad human habit of pumping chemicals into the ground started. Addding chemicals basically kills your soil, as far as I know. I think It was a bad idea to rely on chemicals to grow plants in the first place, just like it is a bad idea to feed human beings chemicals. I am not a scientist but if I grow plants with toxic chemicals, doesn't it just makes sense that I am smoking or eating the same chemicals I used to grow the plant? Just my thoughts.

Nice Garden btw

Edited by SweetCheebs, 14 June 2012 - 08:47 AM.

• Zoot and FarmerLiz like this

#3 FarmerLiz

FarmerLiz

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

I'm with you, Zoot! I use even less than you. I am mixing my own soil right now, and would like to get some supersoil or 3lb going this summer. I found a great organic soil, Pro-Mix, with some nutes and microorganisms in it at Menards, and my plants LOVE it. I usually use only a very small helping of the Earth Juice Bloom after they go in flower. During the whole veg cycle, they are continuously up-potted into nutrient rich dirt, and don't seem to need any more additives. In fact, when I added the Bloom fert for the Qush plants I just grew, a couple of weeks into 12/12, they showed immediate signs of over-feeding like leaf claw and some burned edges. Get them babies into a big enough pot of good enough dirt, and you can't do better. Taste is so good, I don't cough any more since I started growing my own in a clean way, EVERYONE that has tried my stuff raves about it. One guy that was smoking his own genetics didn't even recognize it, and literally did not believe that it was from a clone he gave me. After all, it's a weed, not a fish. Plant it in good dirt and stand back.
  • DogFaceDude, Zoot and GarageGrower like this

#4 GarageGrower

GarageGrower

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:41 AM

This is a cool subject. I'm fortunate enough to have a dirt garden behind my house and I use a mixture of Pro Mix, organic compost and various Dr. Earth soil amendments. I've smoked bud that was well grown using chemical nutrients and in my opinion the taste of the bud was affected. Using chemical nutrients will leave behind salts and over time the salts can build up in the soil. Organic growing gives better tasting buds and saves you money in nutes and in soil. Don't panic, it's organic!
  • Zoot and FarmerLiz like this

#5 Zoot

Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:40 AM

I'm with you, Zoot!

I use even less than you. I am mixing my own soil right now, and would like to get some supersoil or 3lb going this summer. I found a great organic soil, Pro-Mix, with some nutes and microorganisms in it at Menards, and my plants LOVE it. I usually use only a very small helping of the Earth Juice Bloom after they go in flower. During the whole veg cycle, they are continuously up-potted into nutrient rich dirt, and don't seem to need any more additives. In fact, when I added the Bloom fert for the Qush plants I just grew, a couple of weeks into 12/12, they showed immediate signs of over-feeding like leaf claw and some burned edges.

Get them babies into a big enough pot of good enough dirt, and you can't do better. Taste is so good, I don't cough any more since I started growing my own in a clean way, EVERYONE that has tried my stuff raves about it. One guy that was smoking his own genetics didn't even recognize it, and literally did not believe that it was from a clone he gave me.

After all, it's a weed, not a fish. Plant it in good dirt and stand back.

:I agree: The only reason they got feed so mush is because I had a stoner week and read the chart wrong. So I wanted to show others just how forgiving organics can bee with heavy over feedings.

Good to hear about that Pro-Mix @ Menards which color bag? Mine carries three kinds of Pro-Mix.

Here are some more organic results in my bloom garden. The white bag is 3gal & the pots are 5gal.

Attached File  IMG_0965.JPG   212.71KB   11 downloads

The first one is Sunset Limited by Cali Connection shes just under 3 feet @ 51 days from seed.
The middle one is DQ by Subcool shes over 4 feet @ 75 days from seed.
The last is Acapulco Gold by Barneys Farm shes just over 3 feet also @ 51 days from seed.

#6 Zoot

Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

Organic growing gives better tasting buds and saves you money in nutes and in soil. Don't panic, it's organic!

:I agree:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Organic, Earth Juice, Purple Cow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users