• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#101 DomLP

DomLP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

Here's Dennis telling his story. First to Ava Marie. and then on Cannabis Nation Radio archive Friday, April 27, 2012 http://www.latalkrad...om/Cannabis.php and his page https://dl.dropbox.c.../cure/Home.html Rick knew what he had seen and knew that he was right and got irritated at being ignored. The Grain alcohol crowd knew there is nothing particularly special about naptha / ether as solvents and the idea that extracting a weaker oil in greater volumes that contained terpenes and other compounds from the oil wouldn't make the difference Rick talked about and so assumed he was confused. Rick and co took this personally and got personal back and everyone started being rude to each other. My idea makes everyone right. Naptha residue is left in the oil (People often say they can smell this residue) so the alcohol crowd are right! but that naptha stops the body from metabolising and excreting the cannabanoids as quickly making the oil significantly more powerful and giving it more time to heal, so Rick is right. As it happens though neither faction took this idea well and the bickering continues. Rick's group say there's no residue and the alcohol group said that testing is necessary. I'd say for chronic conditions use alcohol and take loads of grapefruit and supplements so as to avoid long term petrochemical exposure. If I had a limited amount of oil and an advanced/aggressive cancer I'd perhaps consider a drop of ether in a glass of milk (as they do/did in poland) but otherwise I'd just take more oil more often to keep the levels in the blood high enough to constantly pressure the cancer/inflammation. I wanted to spread this idea before the bickering spreads to the forums. Everyone is right and everyone is passionate because we care. We all have the same goal.
  • teddys head and athena like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#102 DomLP

DomLP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

Replace the peel with some decarbed weed (Foil parcel in oven at 110C 30 min?(Check, I'm still not sure about decarbing times)) and this seemed a great way to make small amounts of oil. Dry Ice can be make by wrapping a sock around a fire extinguisher (wear suitable gloves). I think the tube is a 15ml fisher scientific centrifuge tube. I've not tried this but it seems a reasonable idea.
  • teddys head likes this

#103 magicjuice

magicjuice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

I think you are just dead on about this. I noticed the exact same thing about this...ego, arrogance, condescending...all of it, and NO discussion about doing the oil any differently. I have serious reservations about the solvents used. I have a juice company and have many patients that I make cold pressed juice of cannabis leaves for. I used to tell them about the oil and encourage them to get it at dispensaries, however no more. I make it for them now, and I do a very strong coconut oil extraction. So far, I have had 2 babies have their cancer gone now. I have several elderly people taking it, and all are feeling so much better...no test results on them yet. They did juicing, a topical salve I make and the EVCO oil to take orally. I even have a toothpaste of cannabis oil! (Have also treated a dog who is perfect now! He had lymphoma). Anyway, that stuff on their FB page is just bull. No one can say anything about making it a different way, etc. And that guy does seem mad all the time, it's a bit ridiculous...Thanks for posting. I've been lurking here and reading for awhile, but will try to be more active :) Love to all! Mary
  • athena likes this

#104 magicjuice

magicjuice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

@mediusa, thank you for that link. I'm going to spend time on that site today.

Ithinkso, THANKS to you for making not feel like the spawn of Satan for bringing this up. I struggled with even posting my thoughts here because I didn't want to come off as being ungrateful or arrogant, because I'm neither. I just saw the same personalities building as I saw in the past with those two people I worked with and wanted to share my ideas.

If I might say this about Rick (and God, I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way....) The way he conducts himself and often speaks reminds me of someone who is not well educated OR someone who is blissfully naive of how to work with the public. You cannot run a movement on a shoestring or "from the kindness of strangers" who agree to house and feed you when you need help. Trust me, the people who agree to help you in these cases are doing it so THEY can tell THEIR friends they "know Rick Simpson" or "Rick stayed at my house." As long as Rick remains worshipped, that will continue. BUT if he falls from grace or if someone else takes his place, then he will quickly become "persona non grata." I've seen it a million times.

When you have a mix of big egos and not a lot of formal education, it's a dicey mix. I'm not saying that higher education is the answer here! Not at all! But education does tend to help a person reign in their focus because they have a broader appreciation and understanding of the world at large. That's a generalization, I realize. My father did not graduate from high school and he spent the rest of his life with an inferiority complex that manifested as a "superiority" complex. So, I KNOW the beast, so to speak. My father also made statements that were so clearly off the mark because he was too proud to study anything "because he knew it all." Sound familiar?

What happened to experimenting? That's why I love coming on this Forum. All of you are open to exploring new ways to work with cannabis, from the root balm salve (which I've made tons of myself now, thanks to all of you) to learning all the marvelous testimonials about RSO.

I am not close minded but I do understand what is toxic and what is not. I've been in the herbal world for over 30 years now and I'm STILL learning. I love that! I've even entertained the idea of using ISO or Naphtha to make the RSO for people. And every single time I reach for the gallon at the hardware store, I feel my arm being pulled back. I'm not joking. Same with ISO. Every cell in my body rejects it. Now, am I supposed to listen to that response that has helped me throughout my life navigate the waters of apprehension? You bet! Like you said, Tink, 'go with your gut.'

One question, Tink. What did you mean by: LMAO!!!...i'm getting no permission to quote your post!!!!...SNOOOOOORT!!!!...ok....fek the chest bouncing APART from yours....your is lovely!!!!!

LAD

I feel EXACTLY the same way as you...down to not picking up the solvent because I know deep in my soul, that is not good for anyone in the long term. Thanks for saying what I am thinking!
Mary
  • athena likes this

#105 harvestenlightenment

harvestenlightenment

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

I agree with the general concensus of the group here regarding RS's guarded and defensive attitude and also the use of harsh solvents like naptha. I am not debating that naptha is probably one of the best solvents for MMJ and may even aid in absorbing THC (which probably can be replicated through dietary supplements like grapefruit and mango) but naptha is highly carcinogenic, and using oil made with naptha will eventually harm you. So this medicine is only good for people who are "are going to die anyway,so might as well try it?" ... isnt this the kind of harsh and invasive treatment that we are trying to avoid? Why not just stick to chemo and oxyconton? At the very best RSO is a last resort for the sickest of sick. I feel like the big picture is beeing missed here. If you want massive amounts of THC and are limited to a psychoactive preparation then you are limited to the amount of THC you can handle without tripping your balls off. Juicing fresh cannabis could possibly overcome this problem and offer insane amounts of non-psychoactiveTHC without the use of any solvents, but I havnt found enough research to decide if THCa is effective in the same way physically as THC-more info or experience anyone? If you want high levels of THC, not THCa, and you dont want to be really high, then you might have to wait for genetics to produce a super potent plant with a lower THC/CBD ratio. Also, RS saying CBD "inhibits" the effectiveness of THC sounds like a straw-man arguement against CBDs because CBDs REGULATE the THC and provides the range of effects usefull for treating many different ailments and sypmtoms of more serious diseases. Maybe seperate extracts should be made for treating the overall cause (killing the tumors with large amounts of nonpsychoactive THC) and another for dealing with symptoms of the illness (CO2 or HBC extracts, cannbis acetate vape pen, edibles etc). I dont like how people are being divided into "team CBD" and "team THC". They work best as one team I think.
  • Graywolf, EektheGrey and Ohmless like this

#106 peacepipe

peacepipe

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1309 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

Hi all! Seeing as there are some very knowledgable gpers on this thread, I wanted to see if anyone knows about this brand of butane we've just managed to get our hands on. It's supposed to be very high-grade, nearly residue-free, and we have certainly noticed the difference in taste compared to other butanes we've used (don't worry, we're not poisoning ourselves, we don't make much, and we purge a lot). Anyway, the brand is "Colibri" premium butane and it says it has near zero impurities. We've made our best BHO so far with it. Are we deluding ourselves thinking it's safe? Would it be safe to use daily, or is even "near zero" impurities still too toxic? Thanks for your input. peace PS RS totally deserves all the dissing he's getting here!

#107 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

Hi all!
Seeing as there are some very knowledgable gpers on this thread, I wanted to see if anyone knows about this brand of butane we've just managed to get our hands on. It's supposed to be very high-grade, nearly residue-free, and we have certainly noticed the difference in taste compared to other butanes we've used (don't worry, we're not poisoning ourselves, we don't make much, and we purge a lot).
Anyway, the brand is "Colibri" premium butane and it says it has near zero impurities. We've made our best BHO so far with it. Are we deluding ourselves thinking it's safe? Would it be safe to use daily, or is even "near zero" impurities still too toxic?
Thanks for your input.
peace
PS RS totally deserves all the dissing he's getting here!

Colibri is considered premium butane for your purpose, and the near zero designation is just a sales plaudit meaning less than 50ppm oleaginous waxes.

Petrochemical oleaginous waxes are also known as paraffin, which is non toxic, but are the bane of the ultra fine nozzles used in premium butane lighters.

Per the Colibri MSDS, it is a mixture of 78% n-butane and 22% propane.

http://www.gcelectro...er/msds/224.pdf

The propane is used for propulsion at low temperatures, as butane gas pressure is zero at the freezing temperature of water.

The propane is largely lost once it is depressurized, as it boils at -42°C (-43.6°F), where butane boils at and the mixture is shown by the MSDS to boil at -11C/12F.

• EektheGrey likes this

#108 AlyxSandraKerr

AlyxSandraKerr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Raw cannabis has a 400% better affinity for our receptors, heated oil has 99.999% less medicinal activity, raw cannabinoids have anti-tumor activity as well and you can eat 60-100x more so you could heal faster - No matter what jB/rS say about neutral cannabiniod extracts. Proper Dietary and Medical Cannabis Dosing: from www.rawhemp.tk Plants sprayed with anything shouldn't be juiced, but some pests are edible, such as Spider mites. To prepare leaves for a juicer, avoid rinsing - soak them in water for 5 minutes. Masticating juicers are efficient for leaves, buds and sprouts; a centrifugal juicer may need additional vegetables to chop fibers. To preserve juice fill containers so that air is minimized; a dose of juice frozen in an ice cube tray retains medicinal value. A sprout's prophylactic, analgesic, anxiolytic, anti-oxidant and activities peak within 1-2 weeks. They can be grown by the hundreds in soil for raw food. For CBD without dysphoria from THC psycho-toxicity, heat bud to 166 degrees with a heat gun - the longer a bud is boiled, the less THC remains. D9THC boils at 157C, D8THC boils at 175C, CBD boils at 188C. Drinking heated juice for THC is more potent because there is less vaporization, adhesion and degradation to decrease potency. When calculating a dose of heated juice from a new strain make sure begin with smaller doses: the amount of THC in a cup of juice can exceed 100 joints worth - which could leave one unconscious for a number of days - and even heated leaves can be psycho-active.
  • Turpene, EektheGrey and Ohmless like this

#109 AlyxSandraKerr

AlyxSandraKerr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

More JB ego drama: http://www.facebook....177708375686242
  • Turpene likes this

#110 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

I generally avoid threads with negativity, but did get a good laugh out of this and there was good information on solvents. any updates? bump. BTW, my healthy skepticism comes from my training in osteopathic medicine. When someone has claims and fail/refuse to substantiate it they are either a fool or a fraud. The burden of proof is on the one who makes the claims. PERIOD. Telling others to follow the directions and get it tested themselves is only going to open someone for personal attacks if they have a different outcome than what RS "had tested". Easiest way to confirm findings is to SHOW AN INDEPENDENTLY RUN LAB REPORT. Since he claims it was done this would realistically take someone just a few minutes to scrounge it up. Since this is refused to be given I am left to assume it doesn't exist. Motive is strongly questioned when someone shows a repeated pattern of refusing to show any proof. WITHOUT SHARING EVIDENCE OR PROOF OF ANY EFFICACY CLAIMED, I MUST CHARGE THAT HE IS A FRAUD. This doesn't mean his oil isn't safe or properly purged as I haven't used it, but I have strong reservations about anyone using naphtha based oil if not properly(FULLY) purged. I see plenty of evidence SHARED in this thread that it isn't properly purged at the boiling temperature of water. My leanings is that it can probably still air cure with time but I cannot back this up. Therefore I do not CLAIM it. I would like to SEE that it works and is safe even in anecdotal reports(pretty much seen as the weakest acceptable medical evidence).

Edited by Ohmless, 28 January 2013 - 05:42 PM.

• Turpene likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rick Simpson Oil, RSO, Everclear, method, Naphtha, ISO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users