LAD525

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationUnited States/Colorado

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:37 PM

Hi, everyone!

Well, it seems that there is a clash of egos going on at one of Rick Simpson's Facebook pages. I think this is the "official Phoenix Tears" page but I can't be sure.

https://www.facebook...298774923502987

The thread I'm referring to was posted yesterday, May 18, by Rick Simpson. You might need to click the button on the page that shows "Older Posts" in order to see it now.

Rick posted the following to his followers. I think it was in response to a member named "Jake" but I can't be sure. Jake posted an incredible testimonial a few days ago about helping a man with Stage IV inoperable Pancreatic Cancer, using the oil made from an Everclear extraction. If you root around on that same page, you should be able to read that testimonial. While I can't be sure Rick's response below was in response to Jake's testimonial, it still brings up some points that I know I'm concerned about. BTW, I only make RSO from Everclear (grain alcohol.)

Rick Simpson on wrong methods of making the oil

I have always said that the best way to produce the oil, is with the use of a properly designed still, it is much safer and the solvents used are reclaimed. Sadly most do not have access to these devices and lack the knowledge required to operate a still properly. Both naphtha and alcolhol are poisonous in nature, but if the process is performed properly, there is no solvent residue remaining in the oil. When compared with naphtha you will find that alcolhol is less selective and will strip unwanted chlorophyl especially when the material used has been ground up and this will usually give the oils produced a bad taste. In addition alcohol is very expensive when compared with naphtha, and it is almost impossible to find alcohol that is 100% pure. In most cases, unless you are using 99% isopropyl, the alcohol used will be in the 95% or less range which makes it a much less effective solvent than pure naphtha due to its water content. When alcohol like this is used, at the end of the process there will be quite a large amount of water left in the oil which will need to be evaporated off and this can be very time consuming.

Over here in Europe I have run into several people who were grinding the starting material up and when told that they were using the wrong method, they continued on anyway. After a few patients died needlessly, some have finally come to the conclussion that I was right.

What they did truly upset me because many of these patients would have lived if they had followed my advice when producing the oil. The oils which I produced have been tested by the top experts in the field and these same experts have also tested oils produced by those who grind the starting material. The results were that such oils were in the 60% or less range, while mine were always 95 to 98%. My oil was even tested by the Royal Canadian Mounted police in Canada and the results showed that it was the strongest oil that they had ever analyzed. I am not trying to convince anyone that I am the all knowing master of hemp oil, but as yet I have not come across anyone who is producing a more potent medicinal product.

What is presently going on here on Facebook must come to an end and I feel those who are trying to make these lame arguements are simply making fools of themselves. My first concern has always been the patient and I think those who are supplying oil to those in need should feel the same, but sadly it is more than obvious to me that many do not. Until we have standards and quality controls in place, my advice to patients is to produce your own, at least then they will know what they are getting.

There have been many references made about the material which I was processing in Run From The Cure. The simple truth is, the footage of me producing the oil from bud somehow was misplaced, so Christian used footage showing me producing oil from a mixture of bud material and leaves which I often used to treat less serious skin conditions. At the time my sentencing was coming up in the very near future and we were in a panic to get the documentary out before this occured and that is why this footage was used. I have always stipulated that only the highest quality bud material must be used to treat patients with serious conditions, anything less just does not cut it, in many cases.

I would like to add that anyone who does not think that Jindrich Bayer knows what he is talking about is very misinformed. Jindrich himself has treated many terminal patients successfully and we have been working together for the last two and a half years. So I think that it can only be said, that he is very well informed about the subject and as far as I'm concerned I think the advice he is giving people is priceless.

Rick Simpson

OK. So there it is. I did not know that grinding it too fine was a bad idea. I've done that before and, yes, some kief fell to the bottom of the grinder but I swept it up and added it to the alcohol. I won't grind it anymore, but rather, break up the bud with my fingers. That's not the reason I started this thread. I think what has always worried me about making Rick's oil is that he SO strongly insists that ONLY Naphtha or ISO are the ways to make "the best oil." We've been around and around on the opinions about whether either of these two leave residue after the cooking and I know there is still opinions to be had to that subject. Rick claims that his oils made from either Naphtha or ISO test at 97% THC. He claims that oils made from Everclear (grain alcohol) test lower at around 47% to 70% THC and uptake too much chlorophyll and terpenes. He makes comments such as "you can't guarantee that an oil made in this way is going to save someone's life. When someone is dying, you want to give them the best medicine and that is the one with the highest level of THC to kill cancer." The problem is that right now, it seems that it's just theories as to whether an oil made from Everclear is less effective than one made from Naphtha or ISO.

There are SOOOO many variables that play into resolving cancer. Taking Rick's oil would only be ONE of many modalities I would chose if I was in that predicament. But I have GREAT concern about LONG TERM use of oils made from Naphtha or ISO. Rick has said MANY TIMES that one shouldn't be worried about the possible toxic residue left by the Naphtha or the ISO because "Chemo and Radiation are pretty damn toxic and they are worse than any little residue left in the oils." OK. Fine. But what if you are not doing either chemo or radiation? What if you alter your lifestyle and start juicing fresh vegetables (including cannabis leaves), do a detox, coffee enemas, use clays and zeolites to cleanse the body.....you get the point. In other words, what if your healing protocol is to NOT ingest anything remotely known to cause cancer (Naphtha) or known to be toxic to the liver (ISO)? I have no clue what the long term effects on the organs are from tiny amounts of Naphtha or ISO. But it's clear that LONG TERM EXPOSURE to toxins is ONE of the things that can induce cancer. So, doesn't it make sense to question this? And why is it that when this is questioned, ego and arrogance pops up?

I've had the good fortune to work very closely with two people in my life that became quite well known. One was in the alternative health movement and one was in the New Age Consciousness movement. When I met them, they were just getting started and they had a great message to deliver. But as time went on and they became more famous and considered "rock stars" in their fields, something changed. They both developed Messianic complexes, mostly due to the fact that everyone around them worshiped them and nothing they said or did was questioned. In fact, to question ANYTHING THEY DID, was akin to blasphemy. The higher up they got, the more sheltered they became until they had no clue as to what was going on in the "real world." Their opinions (many of which I found bizarre and lacking in clarity) were repeated like gospel by the followers but I don't think these followers had any idea what they were saying. It became clearer to me as my time with these individuals came to a close that I could not participate any longer in this type of relationship because I was basically asked to either "kiss ass" or shut up. So, I left and I'm glad I did. But I've seen this pattern repeated so many times now and, sadly, I'm starting to see it with Rick Simpson.

This is NOT to say that I don't respect the man or applaud him for his steadfast dedication to getting the word out about cannabis. My issue is that I can where this is heading and it's not pretty. Rick is getting "folk hero" status, much like Jack Herer but in a different way. His exile from Canada makes him the perfect "victim for the cause." But has anyone ever stopped to wonder how Rick is living day to day as he's been bopping around Europe for 2 1/2 years? He never seems to have any money and Jindrich Bayer, his travel companion and assistant (as far as I can understand) takes it upon himself to answer most of Rick's emails and FB questions. The attitude I get from Jindrich is one of massive irritation and an entitlement, simply based on the fact that he and Rick are tight and that makes him valuable. If I'm overstepping here, I'm sorry. But I know I'm not the only one who has questioned the whole day to day life of Rick Simpson and where this whole thing is headed. I mean, what's he supposed to do? Spend the rest of his life wandering around Europe, staying with anyone who opens their house to him? Not having any money? Never staying anywhere long enough to even watch a cannabis plant move from seed to harvest? I mean, what's the point of this extended exile. Especially, since Canada is dropping all charges against him? Is that a trap to get him back to Canada? I don't know. Rick said in a recent interview that he'll go back to Canada for maybe two weeks to see family and friends but that he doesn't plan on staying there. He has European engagements coming up and that's more important. That's odd to me. He's been gone two and one half years and he doesn't give a shit about seeing his family or even his girlfriend (this was mentioned by someone who knows him.)?

Apparently, he's writing an e-book which will be out soon. A hardcover will follow "IF" he and Jindrich can come up with the money to publish it. OK. I've been involved in helping other self-publish and it's not that easy. Besides paying the upfront costs, you have to have a place to store these thousands of books and then a way to distribute them AND THEN something in place to receive the money from those sales.

But I know that money is not the reason Rick does anything. In fact, money seems to make him angry. But he's always broke (or at least that's the sense I get). He seems to be terribly conflicted with making any profit and being "stuck in Europe" because they haven't got the money to leave this place or that place. I read about this all the time with he and Jindrich. So, he's got this block about making money.

But I also think is he has a block about admitting that maybe he doesn't have all the answers. Neither he nor Jindrich seem willing to answer questions that don't follow his methods. He never admits that he makes mistakes. For example, calling his oil, HEMP OIL was a huge mistake to start off. It confused tons of people because they thought he was talking about the seed oil you buy in the health store. THEN, in his video, "Run From The Cure," it CLEARLY shows him mashing up fan leaves to make the oil while the voice over talks about 'ONLY USING BONE DRY BUD.' The visual and the audio didn't match. So, people started making his oil with fan leaves. And then he got really pissed off at people for doing that. He then would not answer people directly when they asked a simple question such as, "What is the best strain to use?" He said "use an Indica with at least 20% THC." Well, fine. Might be a nice idea to mention some strains that fit this criteria? I mean, I know the strains but other people who haven't researched it or even understand that there's Sativa and Indica, dont' have a clue. Then, he writes on his website that he started out with White Widow. But that doesn't have 20% THC. It's more like 14-16%. So, you see what I'm saying? There was too much distortions going on. NOT on purpose. I think it was done from ignorance and a lack of understanding of what the public needs and requests from somebody who makes the claims he's making.

This has turned into a long post but I've been struggling with this realization for two days now and I just wonder if anyone else out there has been feeling the slightest "wonderings" about this too. I don't believe that Rick wants to be known as anybody's "savior" but that's how people are treating him. Go on his Facebook page and you'll read tons of comments from people who credit Rick with being "their hero" and "worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize." Whether any of that matters to him (and I don't think it does) is unknown. But it's the people around him that will make or break him in the end. That's the way it always is. One of those people I used to work for? One of his close allies was arrested on fraud charges. While they couldn't link it to the celebrity, it tarnished his image and he's never recovered from it career-wise. That same trickle down effect could happen to Rick Simpson if he doesn't do whatever he can to put a tent on his circus.

The bottom line is the oil. I've been using it to help a woman with Stage 3 colon cancer and she's doing great. If my alleged 47 to 70% THC oil is inferior, then I'm not sure what to say. This woman is NOT doing chemo or radiation and she's using natural healing along with the RSO. Does that mean she'd be doing better on Rick's oil that is pushing 97%? Who knows? I DO know that she'd never take the oil if she knew it was made with Naphtha or ISO.

Ugh. So many questions and way too many egos.

Thanks for listening.

LAD

• Tokecrazy, Itinkso, teddys head and 6 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:24 AM

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/
LAD thanks for the post...check out skunk pharm...GrayWolf knows his stuff and writes a pretty comprehensive coverage of methods and REASONS...including explanations of flocculating, removal of chlorophylls and such....there IS too much misinformation out there...check out skunk pharm for good info.
GW knows his stuff.
muA
  • Tokecrazy, Graywolf, Itinkso and 7 others like this

#3 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:21 AM

oh LAD...this has being gone on in one way or another for years now...lol...i got banned from his page for asking questions....i've had arguements with most of them including Jindrich Bayer and Christian Laurette(crycheck) the maker of Run from the Cure....i've been reading all the stuff over the last few days on FB and its just more of the same.... i must thank Rick for bringing "hemp oil" to my attention at a time when i really desperately needed the information but thats about as far as it goes...he's NOT a saviour....and he's by NO means any kind of saint....i have HUGE issues with the way they come across....i know lots of folk who will make oil for people if their costs are covered and sometimes depending on availability these costs can be way more than free....i don't like the make your own or don't take it attitude...for gods sake there are THOUSANDS of people who CANNOT for whatever reason make their own oil....who the heck has a spare pound of TOP GRADE weed lying around their kitchen???..must they DIE because they have no option but to buy from someone else?....i get fed up with the solvent battle too...naptha and everclear are NOT freely available to the world and in any case ANY product is researched to see if it can be made safer or better before its unleashed on the world(or it SHOULD BE)....grass roots research is about all we have and he denounces it like its the spawn of satan.... the whole scenario drives me bonkers and has done for years now....so i try and stay out of it now...no matter how many times i want to bang my head with frustration i keep my own opinions to myself and go with what my gut tells me.... you'll find the world of hemp oil and concentrate making is littered with ego's the size of houses....folks like our Graywolf and ES, Genesis and others are few and far between ...most have ego's as big as their butts....and they like to spend LOTS of valuable time bouncing their chests off each other...my advice will always be go with your gut...glean all the knowledge you can...DON'T get involved cos its seriously a waste of time and effort and do your own thing based on your own research!!
  • Tokecrazy, bongbonghi, teddys head and 8 others like this

#4 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:51 AM

ok. tink....wh@ haveya got against bouncing chests?!!! :o ...muhahaha I fer one LIKE em :devil: muA
  • Tokecrazy, bongbonghi, Itinkso and 5 others like this

#5 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:12 AM

LMAO!!!...i'm getting no permission to quote your post!!!!...SNOOOOOORT!!!!...ok....fek the chest bouncing APART from yours....your is lovely!!!!!
  • Tokecrazy, bongbonghi, teddys head and 4 others like this

#6 LAD525

LAD525

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:05 AM

@mediusa, thank you for that link. I'm going to spend time on that site today. Ithinkso, THANKS to you for making not feel like the spawn of Satan for bringing this up. I struggled with even posting my thoughts here because I didn't want to come off as being ungrateful or arrogant, because I'm neither. I just saw the same personalities building as I saw in the past with those two people I worked with and wanted to share my ideas. If I might say this about Rick (and God, I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way....) The way he conducts himself and often speaks reminds me of someone who is not well educated OR someone who is blissfully naive of how to work with the public. You cannot run a movement on a shoestring or "from the kindness of strangers" who agree to house and feed you when you need help. Trust me, the people who agree to help you in these cases are doing it so THEY can tell THEIR friends they "know Rick Simpson" or "Rick stayed at my house." As long as Rick remains worshipped, that will continue. BUT if he falls from grace or if someone else takes his place, then he will quickly become "persona non grata." I've seen it a million times. When you have a mix of big egos and not a lot of formal education, it's a dicey mix. I'm not saying that higher education is the answer here! Not at all! But education does tend to help a person reign in their focus because they have a broader appreciation and understanding of the world at large. That's a generalization, I realize. My father did not graduate from high school and he spent the rest of his life with an inferiority complex that manifested as a "superiority" complex. So, I KNOW the beast, so to speak. My father also made statements that were so clearly off the mark because he was too proud to study anything "because he knew it all." Sound familiar? What happened to experimenting? That's why I love coming on this Forum. All of you are open to exploring new ways to work with cannabis, from the root balm salve (which I've made tons of myself now, thanks to all of you) to learning all the marvelous testimonials about RSO. I am not close minded but I do understand what is toxic and what is not. I've been in the herbal world for over 30 years now and I'm STILL learning. I love that! I've even entertained the idea of using ISO or Naphtha to make the RSO for people. And every single time I reach for the gallon at the hardware store, I feel my arm being pulled back. I'm not joking. Same with ISO. Every cell in my body rejects it. Now, am I supposed to listen to that response that has helped me throughout my life navigate the waters of apprehension? You bet! Like you said, Tink, 'go with your gut.' One question, Tink. What did you mean by: LMAO!!!...i'm getting no permission to quote your post!!!!...SNOOOOOORT!!!!...ok....fek the chest bouncing APART from yours....your is lovely!!!!! LAD
  • bongbonghi, Itinkso, teddys head and 5 others like this

#7 LAD525

LAD525

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

ONE MORE THING. On that Facebook link I gave you above, if you can find the original thread on the page and read through the comments, check out the very long one from a guy named Jake Samuel. He goes into great detail about how he makes his oil and it's very much the way I do it, using glass, Everclear, etc. His "air cure" process is something I might try too. He's also the one who posted a testimonial about a man he's working with who has the Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer and how the guy's cancer is quickly going into remission! Yes, this man is also doing other natural medicines but he's also doing chemo (yuck) so I'd have to say that Jake's method for making the oil HAS TO HAVE SOME MERIT. Or am I just reading into it? LAD
  • Tokecrazy, jangel, bongbonghi and 6 others like this

#8 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

kk...fess up time...I posted a retort to tink's comment about bouncing chests, [read back her post carefully :P ] saying I quite liked 'em and THEN hadda report mesef for making a lewd post... :D sheesh!...I might hafta take meself inta the next room assume the position N frisk meself, cause I canNOT believe I aint got cannabis on me :D muhahahaa... as mod I gotta help keep an eye on things to keep site running smoothly...and th@ shady character I see in the mirror just sets off ma spidey sense! chimplaughing.gif muA
  • bongbonghi, Itinkso, teddys head and 5 others like this

#9 LAD525

LAD525

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

Well, I just went back to visit Rick's Facebook page and I found this, posted by Jindrich: "Rick thinking about the role of CBDs. The answer is quite simple, CBDs inhibit the uptake of anandamide (N-arachidonoylethanolamine, from the Sanskrit word for eternal bliss.) Logically then, if CBDs inibit this uptake, high CBD oils cannot work as well as high THC oils for most conditions. Our best oils tested around 95-98% THC, so 1-2%CBD is probably enough. This will yet have to be tested and proven, but that´s pretty much how it is or will be anyway. Go after maximum potency of the oils, make sure they are extremely sedative yet euphoric, think in terms of quality over quantity, because someone´s life may depend on the quality of the oil. JB" Oh, hell. OK. Yes, I am aware and have personally experienced the physical effect of either smoking or taking a high CBD strain by either smoking or ingesting a syrup and THEN an hour or so later, smoked a high THC strain and felt either nothing or just slightly high. So, yes, CBD modulates the THC uptake. Got it. But to draft a post like this and put it out there on Facebook to fans or readers who have NO idea about CBD and make it sound as if it's useless is really quite stupid. And yes, I mean "Stupid" with a capital "S." Narrow minds create narrow channels for opening the heart to learning new ideas.
  • Itinkso, teddys head, Dudz and 4 others like this

#10 GarageGrower

GarageGrower

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

Got to be honest, I don't know a lot about this dude Rick Simpson, but knowing what I know of him so far, makes me want to know less and less about him. He sounds like a class A douche bag, hypocrite. This guy's a drama queen and it's pretty pathetic. We all smoke pot. On some level we all know HEALTHY people don't use drugs. Why does ANYONE us a drug? To feel better or fix what's ailing them. Guess what people, after years of experimenting for myself, I've found something that works for me. Period the end. It's not a save all and to be honest, I wish I wasn't so busted up. I am. Leave me the eff alone already. Rick Simpson is a douche bag. MJ cures cancer...whatever.
  • Michael, Itinkso, teddys head and 3 others like this

#11 Dudz

Dudz

Freak of Nature

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

1) No oil, be it cannabis or snake oil, is guaranteed to cure (or even help) anyone.
2) To blame deaths on people because their oil "wasn't strong enough" is bullshit.
3) Naptha is toxic as hell and most forms of it have other ingredients, such as benzene, which are carcinogenic (CAUSES CANCER).

Here is an except from the MSDS for Naptha.

Potential Health Effects
----------------------------------

Inhalation:
Inhalation may cause symptoms of intoxication and peripheral nerve disorders and central nervous system depression. Symptoms of overexposure include loss of appetite, muscle weakness, impairment of motor action, dizziness and drowsiness. May also cause throat irritation.
Ingestion:
Local irritation with burning sensation in mouth, esophagus, and stomach. Vomiting, blurred vision, and diarrhea may also occur. Cases of chemical pneumonia have been reported from ingestion of this substance. Nervous system disorders paralleling those from inhalation exposure may also occur.
Skin Contact:
May cause irritation. The liquid acts as a defatting agent on the skin.
Eye Contact:
Vapors may cause irritation. Splashes may cause redness and pain.
Chronic Exposure:
Prolonged overexposure may cause drying and cracking of the skin and associated dermatitis. No chronic systematic effects have been reported from widespread industrial use.
Aggravation of Pre-existing Conditions:
Persons with pre-existing skin disorders or eye problems, or impaired liver, kidney or respiratory function may be more susceptible to the effects of the substance.

4. First Aid Measures
Inhalation:
Remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Call a physician.
Ingestion:
Aspiration hazard. If swallowed, vomiting may occur spontaneously, but DO NOT INDUCE. If vomiting occurs, keep head below hips to prevent aspiration into lungs. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Call a physician immediately.
Skin Contact:
Immediately flush skin with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Call a physician, immediately. Wash clothing before reuse.
Eye Contact:
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, lifting lower and upper eyelids occasionally. Get medical attention immediately.

Note to Physician:
Monitor all significant inhalations and all ingestions for signs of toxicity and development of pulmonary edema for at least 6 hours.

You REALLY want to try to treat a person's cancer (or any other condition) with that?

P.S.
Rick is not the saint that some people make him out to be. I will leave it at that.

Edited by Dudz, 20 May 2012 - 09:56 PM.

• Michael, Itinkso, teddys head and 4 others like this

#12 LAD525

LAD525

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

While I realize my posting could start something (and that was never my intention) I do think it's really important to get as much info out there as possible on the different ways this oil can be made and how those various methods are working in THE REAL WORLD for those with cancer, MS, chronic pain, etc. Hopefully, that would stop all the back and forth on the various Rick Simpson sites/blogs/Facebook pages. I just went to his FB again before coming here and noticed a new voice on there. Her comment? "Enough with the self-glorification." Hmmm. Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm not sure how much of this is JB (Jindrich Bayer) or how much is Rick Simpson to be honest with you. JB seems to be taking the helm most of the time, answering Rick's emails and posting as Rick on FB (always ending with "JB" so we know it's Jindrich and not Rick) and answering people's questions. But I get the feeling that JB is young? Maybe I'm wrong. But some of his responses seem very "knee jerk," which I've always associated with people who are younger and less polished in how to communicate with the public. I don't think JB self-censors, which can be problematic when you are speaking ON BEHALF of someone else. That's always situation to be in. At once you are feeling your oats because you're "hangin' with Rick" and you're his mouthpiece. But then you also representing Rick and everything he stands for, so you better present yourself in a certain light that doesn't discredit or complicate Rick's future. My opinion (for what it's worth?) Rick needs to have a heart-to-heart with JB and agree on toning it down or get a new wingman. The more I'm investigating the various Forums and sites about Rick and his methods for making the oil and the often "cluster f--k" of oddness that seems to circulate around him, the more I'm wondering when this could implode. And I'm being serious. I've noticed a sad lack of self-censorship over on the various sites that JB and Rick visit and participate in. Today, for example, JB posted about Obama's Kenyan birth and brought Alex Jones' name into fray. Now, you tell me? Do you think that was a wise post to make on a site about medical cannabis? I'm not saying he's not allowed to have his belief systems. But you don't mix politics with medicine. It pisses people off, which it did in the comments section. This is what I'm talking about. It's like self-destructive mode is setting in. Dudz, thanks for the post above and the info on Naphtha. I hear you. Would you care to elaborate on why Rick Simpson is not a saint? I know nobody is a saint but I'm curious what you mean. And no, I do not want to turn this thread into a "Rick Simpson bashing" thread. But if there is credible knowledge of anything that needs to be discussed, I'd like to hear it. I have sent probably probably around 200+ people over to watch "Run From The Cure" and I've supported Rick's efforts up until recently when I sensed something wasn't "kosher." I'm not talking fraud or anything. Mainly I'm talking about "attitude" from he and JB. It seems to be ratcheting up lately and I'm not sure why. My main concern is that there are a LOT of people who I've turned onto the oil and they are always questioning me about the confusion regarding the solvents being used and their effectiveness. When they go on Rick's FB page and read something from JB or Rick about "if your oil is testing at 47% THC, you are willingly KILLING your patient....this has to STOP now," they call me and get all freaked out that their oil may or may not be "strong enough." Their massive fear and their chronic condition is the only thing they are worried about and justifiably so. But to say that an oil with 47% THC is "not strong enough" to kill cancer or anything else, is really misleading in my opinion. How do they know this? And let me finish with this. When I say Rick is naive, this is what I mean. He acts like anybody can get their hands on one pound of quality bud. IS HE KIDDING? Is he tripping? He also is naive to think that just because "hemp" (as he still prefers to call it) is a medicine, that he has the right to grow over a thousand plants on his land. Huh? How ignorant can you be of the law? Sure, laws are meant to be broken but seriously? Just because his opinion is that it SHOULD be legal, doesn't mean that the Canadian law will bend to his wishes. This is the kind of almost child like reasoning that is starting to really get to me. Ugh. I'm really not trying to belabor this but I'm dealing with a lot of people now who are terribly confused AND trying to get well. When they hear all the in-fighting, it makes them doubt what they doing and whether the oil will really help them. And you know that the mind can f--k you and slow the healing process down.
  • Itinkso, teddys head, Dudz and 3 others like this

#13 Dudz

Dudz

Freak of Nature

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

Rick Simpson's story (or at least what he claims on court documents) is that he gives everyone the oil he processes ....for free. Like there is nothing in it for him and he does it all out of the goodness of his heart.

Every single other source of information I have ever seen or heard all indicate otherwise. This would also explain why he touts *his* oil as the BEST and says all others are inferior.

Edited by Dudz, 20 May 2012 - 11:09 PM.

#14 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:37 AM

LAD there's scandal surrounding Rick all over our site....here's some links....its always been drama surrounding Rick for as long as i can remember....

https://www.greenpas...__fromsearch__1

https://www.greenpas...__1#entry408369

https://www.greenpas...__fromsearch__1

https://www.greenpas...__1#entry384036

controversy follows rick where ever he goes...and to be frank after three years i've just about had my fill of him....i like you have been through the million questions friends ask about what they see in the video's and what he "preaches" thats different from what i might do or say....i've stopped citing him now except to mention the he is how i first came across cannabis as medicine...i plug the great professors here instead...as the "chemists" here are FAR more open to change and betterment!!!

like dudz says above...after years of following him i think he's a long way from a saint...i also agree that he will find himself surrounded by yes men the longer this goes on...and yes men do NOTHING for you except land you in the doo daa eventually....i always liken it to Michael Jackson...too many people saying yes when they SHOULD have been saying no!!!
  • Michael, teddys head, Dudz and 4 others like this

#15 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:41 AM

Well, I just went back to visit Rick's Facebook page and I found this, posted by Jindrich:

"Rick thinking about the role of CBDs. The answer is quite simple, CBDs inhibit the uptake of anandamide (N-arachidonoylethanolamine, from the Sanskrit word for eternal bliss.) Logically then, if CBDs inibit this uptake, high CBD oils cannot work as well as high THC oils for most conditions. Our best oils tested around 95-98% THC, so 1-2%CBD is probably enough. This will yet have to be tested and proven, but that´s pretty much how it is or will be anyway. Go after maximum potency of the oils, make sure they are extremely sedative yet euphoric, think in terms of quality over quantity, because someone´s life may depend on the quality of the oil. JB"

Oh, hell. OK. Yes, I am aware and have personally experienced the physical effect of either smoking or taking a high CBD strain by either smoking or ingesting a syrup and THEN an hour or so later, smoked a high THC strain and felt either nothing or just slightly high. So, yes, CBD modulates the THC uptake. Got it. But to draft a post like this and put it out there on Facebook to fans or readers who have NO idea about CBD and make it sound as if it's useless is really quite stupid. And yes, I mean "Stupid" with a capital "S." Narrow minds create narrow channels for opening the heart to learning new ideas.

saying that CBD is useless against disease or illness is CRAZY!!!!!!.....this is why i don't look anymore...makes me want to slap em hard!!!

and LAD i re approved medi's post above to account for what "looks" like my random wittering...lol!!!
  • jangel, Michael, teddys head and 4 others like this

#16 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

Truth is shorter than fiction and the poorer the product the harder the sell. Most folks watching a Rick Simpson video walk away with the impression that he is not well educated, nor does he present himself well. I infer that if he had any scientific credentials, he would have already trotted them out. I'm thinking that Rick's 15 minutes of fame was bringing the benefits of cannabis in fighting a number of diseases to the attention of the public. Scientific reports of tumor reduction using cannabis date back to the early 70's, so he didn't discover it, he just made it more visable. If he scientifically understood the hows and whys it works, I believe he would have already presented them. Reading between the lines, as reagent grades of naphtha are not readily available to the public, he probably started out using white gas stove fuel, which is readily available most places. The spec for naphtha is the boiling point constituets from 20C, to 200C. That includes isopentane (5carbons) through undecane (11 carbons). Coleman stove fuels say 40C as a lower end, which excludes even pentane with its 36.1C boiling point, but then list pentane in its MSDS, so I infer they are rounding. Because Van der Waal forces increase with chain length, an 11 carbon chain molecule has a higher boiling point and is harder to purge. That brings us to Rick's water purge method, which would take the solution up to 100C, which is only hot enough to purge up through Heptane, with its 98.4C boiling point. What about the rest? As near as I can tell, if we are just focusing on the phytocannabinoids in the cannabis essential oil, the position that CBD is a dillutant, flies in the face of what the world at large is reporting with their scientific studies, which suggests that CBD is a major player. Again focusing on the cannabinoids which scientific studies to date support do have medicinal properties, the plant water solubles are a dilution, so more is required to get the same dosage. That doesn't mean it doesn't work. The numbers that Rick reports for his oil is normally not possible without further refining a non polar extraction to remove the waxes, which have averaged about 8% by weight in the non polar extractions that we make. I suspect the lab used to produce those numbers, might not use the same standards as we do. I salute Rick for the good he has done, but take what he has to say with a grain of salt. I found that people who resort to bluster and personal attacks, do so because they have no better answer and feel cornered. My concern is that his ego will cause him to tarnish the good that he has done, by painting a face on the MMJ movement of ignorance and bluster.

Edited by Graywolf, 22 May 2012 - 04:58 AM.

• Michael, Itinkso, teddys head and 4 others like this

#17 LAD525

LAD525

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

Tink, I'm feeling the SAME way about Rick now. It seems that the arrogance of both himself and JB are hitting fever pitches. Maybe it has to do with "being on the road" for 2 1/2 years and living a nomadic existence. That tends to isolate you from "reality" when you don't have a fixed point to hang your hat. That said, arrogance is arrogance and it doesn't need a solitary place of existence to burn. It's the "my way or the highway" attitude that I've become completely turned off.

And to belabor the point, I do not think that Rick Simpson is educated enough to TRULY understand the kind of toxic issues that very well could develop LONG TERM from his solvent methods. His lack of education, his inability to wrap his head around proven SCIENCE, his lack of wanting to discuss options and different methods that WORK, his arrogance.....all of this point to a time in the future where he will unfortunately be taken down. But when that happens, he will not blame himself or his "yes" men. He will blame "the system" or whatever, just like Emery (who I never liked and always questioned his motives.)

I am just as interested in what a man or woman does in his professional life as what he/she does in their personal life. Do they treat their friends well? Do they care for their family members (maybe not all of them, but some of them?) I love that quote (and I'm paraphrasing here) "Judge people by how they treat people who can't do nothing for them." He's being lifted up into Sainthood or even Messianic levels by those around him who fawn and pose with him in photos. His folk hero status is also getting annoying to me. There's just something....something that makes me disgusted....and I can't put my finger on it but I think maybe it's a sense of entitlement around he and JB that is really not deserved.

When Rick commented that the Canadian charges against being dropped "mean nothing" and that "it's a set up" to get him back to Canada, he might be right. Then he says he has no desire to go back to Canada because they took all of his equipment and his pounds of cannabis, blah, blah, blah....Then he says he'll go back to Canada to see family and "his girlfriend" (???? What a patient girlfriend he must have) but that he has "places he needs to be in Europe" this summer to keep promoting the oil. Huh? If he cared enough about his "girlfriend" who was sitting for 2 1/2 years in Canada while he and JB were bouncing all over hell and back on their self-mortalization tour, well, wouldn't he want to, maybe, sort of, you know.....RECONNECT WITH HER??? That statement alone made him sound pretty damn cold hearted to me. When one's work or 'ACTIVISM' usurps one's connection with people who have loved you and maybe even supported you, one becomes pretty myopic and lacking in compassion. Ironically, he's in a business that requires compassion. So, one can see how the two are at odds.

Graywolf, your comment at the end of your post above is great. "My concern is that his ego will cause him to tarnish the good that he has done, by painting a face on the MMJ movement of ignorance and bluster." Wow. Could not have written it better myself. Your clear explanation of his solvent methods and the questions that still remain about the purging of the chemicals is also great to read. I've never seen it put like that before. Basically, if I understand you correctly, you are questioning whether all the toxins are actually purged completely or whether there is residue which could be terribly toxic and carcinogenic? Do I read that correctly?

Question: Does anyone know how/why Jindrich Bayer locked onto Rick? How did the two of them hook up? The answer to that question will probably shine the light on JB's motives. I don't trust JB. I've never met him but I've read countless posts where he answers on Rick's behalf and I don't trust him one damn bit. I think he's got an agenda. He's ignorant as can be if he thinks that nobody should charge for their oil (at least to compensate the growers for their time, and the cost of the solvent) and "give it away" willy-nilly. For several months this past winter, it seemed from reading updates and video blogs that Rick and JB were "stuck" in Hondurus with "no money and no way to get out." So, they set up a donation button so people could help them out. I know of one fairly wealthy celebrity in South America who offered to pay for everything and even put them up at this house. Whether they took this guy up on his offer is unknown. With the state of the economy in the U.S. and around the world, people are having serious financial issues that make just feeding their families a stressful event. What I don't like is that Rick seems to feel that it's everyone else's "job" to spread his message and support his travels via financial assistance. But if he took the time to organize a place where he could stay and create a foundation or something like that which would generate a modest income while allowing for people to have safe access to the medicine.....well, it would make more sense. Dr. William Courtney works in the U.S. but doesn't he have a set-up in Europe where he grows cannabis and is actively researching the effects of juicing the raw cannabis leaves? Courtney, to my knowledge, is not promoting himself in this venture but, rather, the process in which the healing takes place with the various strains, etc. From what I'm seen of Courtney in videos and at one cannabis festival, he was a very well spoken, thoughtful man who was drawn into the science of cannabis and not the self-grandizment.

It's just so typical for people to get like Rick and JB when they start to believe their own "press" and believe that if one hundred people tell them they are "great" and "worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize" that it's true. Losing perspective when you're in the public eye is common and the further you get away from your core and heart, the more diluted the message becomes. Everyone in the public eye who wants to avoid this needs to regularly clean their own toilets, take out their trash, mow their own grass and wash their own dishes. All these things remind you that you are still just a human being and fallible. And just because a million people adore you, it means nothing if you don't see the adoration for what it is: projection of one's dreams and fantasies onto another. It's all an illusion. When you buy into that illusion as "reality" you start to slide down that slippery slope. I think Rick and JB are halfway or more down that slope as we speak.

#18 LAD525

LAD525

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

Just posted on Rick's Facebook page by Jindrich Bayer. Apparently, Hager said this at Jack Herer's burial: "And I really felt Jack wants the torch passed to Rick Simpson. This is what he wants. More than legal. He wants the cancer patients to get the oil." (Steve Hager) Yeah. I'm sure that didn't prop up the ego. Who in the hell knows for sure what Jack wanted? Did Jack tell someone that?

#19 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

on JB..........
http://www.radio.cz/...racts-thousands

[[Many people at the Prague hemp fair were predominantly interested in medical products made from cannabis. One of the stands that drew the largest numbers of visitors was set up by Bayer and Romsy, an Olomouc-based producer of hemp cosmetics. The firm’s head is Jindřich Bayer.
“We make the best quality hemp cosmetics. The products range from facial cream to hemp seed oil, to healing salves against pain, almost anything. And a great mouth rinse.”
Posted ImageJudging by your accent, you must have spent some time in the US. Is that where you got the idea for your company?
“Well, I sort of started smoking heavy skunks when I was in the States, but that was 15 years ago; I was there on a one-year study exchange programme. This idea came six years ago.
“People are finding out about the miracles of hemp medicine. It works differently than most medications people get when they suffer from pains, eczema and things like that. After ten years of medical treatment, they come and they put in once or twice and it works. If we were able to use real hemp oil, we would of course have much better results.”]]

this is JB's hemp cosmetics site....here's his vested interest in hemp!!

http://www.konopnamast.cz/

lol...you sound like me not so long ago LAD...its a bit of a stun to the brain when the lightbulb goes on and you realise its not what it seems....human nature makes us flawed in that we seem to be inherently greedy and the more money and kudos are involved the less compassion shines through...a sad thing to say but true in ALL fields of fame..

i started my online life at the Phoenix Tears forum...even modding there for a bit...and some of the stuff i saw there would make your toes curl...the hemp oil world is a crazy crazy place sometimes!!!
  • jangel, Michael, teddys head and 3 others like this

#20 LAD525

LAD525

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

Tink, thanks for this. Hmmmm. The plot thickens. Wonder if he's any distant relative of the Bayer family? THAT would be a something, wouldn't it? Think of the implications as it applies to his connection to Rick. Yeah, something about Jindrich does not feel right to me.
  • jangel, Itinkso, teddys head and 3 others like this

#21 Dudz

Dudz

Freak of Nature

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

Just the fact that Rick goes around calling himself "Dr. Rick Simpson", when he isn't a real doctor and has not earned a real PhD, should be enough to realize and see through the egotistical smokescreen he uses to hide his profiteering motive.
  • jangel, Michael, Itinkso and 5 others like this

#22 LAD525

LAD525

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:22 PM

Dudz, really? Jeez, I didn't know that. Not a good thing at all.

#23 LAD525

LAD525

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

Tink, you wrote: "i started my online life at the Phoenix Tears forum...even modding there for a bit...and some of the stuff i saw there would make your toes curl...the hemp oil world is a crazy crazy place sometimes!!!"

Care to elaborate about what you saw? I know greed is everywhere, and I've had less than "genuine" people want to "help" me at various dispensaries I've visited. If I didn't have the cannabis education I have, I'd have been taken advantage of big time. Hell, most of the people I dealt with had NO clue what they were talking about.

#24 Dudz

Dudz

Freak of Nature

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

Yep all his "positive media" and press releases call him that LOL

Google it :

"Dr. Rick Simpson" cannabis.

"Dr. Rick Simpson" marijuana

"Dr. Rick Simpson" cure

Edited by Dudz, 21 May 2012 - 01:34 PM.

• jangel, Itinkso, teddys head and 2 others like this

#25 LAD525

LAD525

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

Dudz, yuck! If I were Rick, there is NO way I'd allow that to continue. NO WAY. You just leave yourself open to suspicion from those who are against cannabis and give them more fodder to discredit you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rick Simpson Oil, RSO, Everclear, method, Naphtha, ISO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users