hvyjunk10

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:36 AM

hey all...

i got a question for everyone... if using the brita style kitchen sink filters....

1) do you still need to let the water sit in the open to allow for the chlorine to evaporate.... or will the filter handle that??

2) is the filtered product that these 'kitchen sink' types of filters produce... comparable to the filtration of say, distilled water, purchased at the store?? in regards to the needs/wants of the plant...

im aware the distillation process is more complex than the brita...lol... im just concerned with needs of the plant... would the plant respond better to one over the other...."all else being equal"....

any and all help is greatly appreciated...

-hvyjunk
  • Tokecrazy, Itinkso and Blue61 like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Tokecrazy

Tokecrazy

Hydro Guru

• Super Administrators
  • 6448 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:58 AM

Hello, well what is your water's TDS? Two the brita filters don't take out what it needs too. No it won't conpair to distilled water. i would have my water tested and see what's in it.Most of the time you can let it set for 24 hours and then use it. Are you in soil or Hydro?? I have two GE water filters in series with two filters one carbon and one to remove the other stuff in the water.I have two of these's linked together http://www.homedepot...&storeId=10051. And I use these two filters http://www.homedepot...1&storeId=10051 it makes my water more useable for me. Hope that helps. Peace
  • jangel, Itinkso, DarkEnergy and 3 others like this

#3 hvyjunk10

hvyjunk10

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

hey toke thanks for your reply... it helps greatly... im in hydro... as of now im buying distilled... i guess ill need to sit down and do some math ... figure out which is more efficent... looks like... ths filters would be...annually that is... filter life dependent... looks like i got a few questions for the random nice person at the home improvement store... :) thanks again Toke for your help, and your reply, I appreciate it greatly... -hvyjunk

Edited by hvyjunk10, 02 May 2012 - 10:05 AM.

• jangel, Itinkso and Blue61 like this

#4 Your Grandfather

Your Grandfather

Revolutionary

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • LocationRight here --> •

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

Zero Water filter. $20 at Home Depot Reduces the PPM to Zero. Can't get any better than that. fith

#5 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21659 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

Here's a good RO system at a great price. http://www.purewater...products_id=270
  • jangel and KaeaneabisSativas like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: water, brita, distilled, chlorine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users