When asking a question state the

grow type.....and answer these questions:

1. Soil or Hydro ???

Hydro

~ state what System

type of Water used ~THIS IS IMPORTANT!

~For Both types of grows

~ House water ~ Reverse Osmosis ~ or Distilled

PH & PPM�S, and water Temps (especailly important in Hydro)

Soil grows

~ state what soil is used and additives to the soil

2.Temps & Humidity

3. Lights ~ HID (MH or HPS) or cfl�s or T-5�s etc.

4. Ventilation System {fresh air}{CO2}

5. Nutrients used ~ Brands and amount used.

6. Indoor or Outdoor Grow

7. Pixs ~ if you can post they always help us see what it is,

*****(Good link to help you post pics~
Resizing your photos with power toys)

http://www.greenpass...read.php?t=8639 *****

8. Strain if they know~ Indica ~ Sativa ~ Bagseed???

9. How old the plant is.

10. Seed or Clone? Sexed? Feminized?

hi again everyone!:)
im about to be setting up my 2x4 ebb and flow, and was wondering what, if any are the benefits of adjusting the speed on my submersable pump, and how high shoud i letthe water raise in my tray? i picked up a basic dyna-gro liquid grow 7-9-5, and dyna-frow bloom 3-12-6. i just grabbed these at the store because i figured id give it an easy run without going crazy tryin to decide the right nutes. to use, but now with the seedlings starting to come up i feel like id be selling myself short of what i already have. the more ive been reading, the more sure i am of having a better way to feed my babies. im just not sure what way i need to go. any suggestions you guys might have in that field?i have a few seedlings started mkage, strawberry blue, il diavalo2<-( auto i thought id play around with) monster, and a yellow squash seed for shits and giggles. got some cuce's too for later if goes ok. i know these strands have quite a bit of diffrences, but i feel like there should be a feed to suit them all at once as least while they are vegging. i could match the nutes in the resivour in the flower room with my400watt hps(thinkin about adding 2 uvb10 to the mix too! im open to any thoughts on this idea.) to each specific strain while i keep the other ones vegging under the actnic and the daylight10kk(42watts). at the moments the seedlings are in rockwool getting snug. in there dome the temp is at 83f, and RH is at 75%. ive just been feeding them some plain drinking water i bought by mistake last night instead of distilled:( i lowered the ph somewhere between 5.5-6.0. electric tester is on my next grocery list;) ppms are at 059. i plan on leaning them on to some nutes once the second nodes start to show up. is this right? sorry for going on, but i figured i might as well get it all out.
thanks all, and cant wait to see everyone's input!

sorry for leavin that on there. this vast interweb is just so overwhelming sometimes
  • Tokecrazy, teddys head and Blue61 like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21370 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

Don't mess with the speed on the pump, they are designed to run at a rated speed and you can damage the pump by changing it. Water height in the tray should be about 80% of the tray height though it doesn't matter too much as long as the plant roots get good coverage.
  • teddys head and Blue61 like this

#3 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

KD has good point...changing the speed might damage it...if you intend to lessen the flow then this can be achieved by splitting the outlet hose with a 'Y' piece and running one to the grow and one back to the res....this should halve the speed of filling...add a tap to the pipe leading back to the res and you should be able to finetune the timing/speed of fill with some jiggerypokery :D hehehe raise the tube so the nutes fall from a height into the res and you are also oxygenating it a lil muA
  • teddys head and Blue61 like this

#4 epidermist

epidermist

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Locationsunny south

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

the pump has a dial on the pack of it for faster or slower speed. i figured it wouldnt make much of a difference. i planned on letting the nutes fall back down:) it feels good to be on the same page.this has got to be one of the best communities. im so happy to be a member, and gratefully appreciate all the help from everyone. i wont disapoint i promise!

#5 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21370 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

the pump has a dial on the pack of it for faster or slower speed. i figured it wouldnt make much of a difference. i planned on letting the nutes fall back down:) it feels good to be on the same page.this has got to be one of the best communities. im so happy to be a member, and gratefully appreciate all the help from everyone. i wont disapoint i promise!

That knob is likely a flow by-pass, it achieves the same result as slowing the pump.

#6 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

MUhahahha...thanks, KD! ya just put the name to ma Y splitter thingy....was @ a loss of words to describe it......ooooh, me lost fer werds! skeeery! :D muhahaha muA

#7 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

One thing.This has to due with your nutes and water.I'd hate to see your little ones get sick. If your water is that low in ppm or you use ro or distilled water you want to make sure to pick up some cal/mag. Peace, Blue
  • Tokecrazy and teddys head like this

#8 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

good call blue...check the faq links in ma sig...will tell ya how much epsom salts to add if ya wanna go th@ way muA

#9 epidermist

epidermist

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Locationsunny south

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

would they come together, and would i be able to get it at any garden center? what an ideal light feeding formula for sproutlings?

#10 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

start with the og faq....it is laid out as simple questions, then supplies the answers...link is in my sig. muA

#11 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

Yes it comes has one product.You can also use epsom salt from the drug store.Look in the faq section for the amounts. Theres a link in Medi's signature. Are your seedlings in MG soil.If so they shouldn't need food for a while.They will need the cal/mag though.

#12 epidermist

epidermist

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Locationsunny south

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

they are in a lil piece of rockwool. lookin good though. i got the salts lastnight and givin them a whirl in a few minutes. the nutes are gonna be the tricky part for a bit i think:/ i get so lost in the nutrients.
  • Tokecrazy and Blue61 like this

#13 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21370 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

they are in a lil piece of rockwool. lookin good though. i got the salts lastnight and givin them a whirl in a few minutes. the nutes are gonna be the tricky part for a bit i think:/ i get so lost in the nutrients.

With nutrients start low at about one quarter strength then as your plants get older, work your way up to full strength.
  • Tokecrazy and Blue61 like this

#14 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

I had an overpowered pump that was causing too much splashing in the tray so I drilled a couple holes in the hose right above the pump. Bonus side effect was added aeration of the res and flow of water in the res. have fun

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ebb and flow, hydro, nutes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users