Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo

Newbs First Crack At It....

newb lava rocks hydro great white shark lsd northern lights x big bud lemon sunk hand fed hand watered

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#101 justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

...anyway, like i said, i don't want to jack your thread so i'll wait until i hear from you before i load you up with pics you may not want. peace, bozo
  • PoeticLife, Scooby, KaeaneabisSativas and 1 other like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#102 KaeaneabisSativas

KaeaneabisSativas

Master Kae: Novice Canna-suer, Rookie Horticulturist...

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts
  • LocationThe Only Place I'm Wanted or Accepted

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

...anyway, like i said, i don't want to jack your thread so i'll wait until i hear from you before i load you up with pics you may not want.

peace, bozo

You can just downsize them, usually with the windows basic photo editor even...
I take mine in 6 pix, and just downsize to 25% of the original size... Fit like 15 or so pix sometimes...
Just a FYI, in case you wanted to know, and excellent info my man, has filled in blanks in a couple concepts I was hesitant to try until now...
Thanks a million mad-hatter's...
  • justanotherbozo and hvyjunk10 like this

#103 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

...anyway, like i said, i don't want to jack your thread so i'll wait until i hear from you before i load you up with pics you may not want.

peace, bozo

(hope you don't mind hvyjunk... am not hijacking.. just sharing/understanding new things from others) and btw.. lessons learned are good and add to knowledge... I hope the 3rd time works like a charm for you)

I swear I'm not stalking you Bozo!!! am on soaking up hempy knowledge and am lucky to see you dropping more tips!! Now learned I must get perlite and not do straight coco (thank you). It looks like its easy to clean off the perlite when all is said and done, so it wouldn't effect being able to re-use the coco as I do.

thank you for sharing your hempy knowledge with all of us!!

Peace :)
  • KaeaneabisSativas and hvyjunk10 like this

#104 justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

You can just downsize them, usually with the windows basic photo editor even...
I take mine in 6 pix, and just downsize to 25% of the original size... Fit like 15 or so pix sometimes...
Just a FYI, in case you wanted to know, and excellent info my man, has filled in blanks in a couple concepts I was hesitant to try until now...
Thanks a million mad-hatter's...

thanks for the tip on the pics although i see now that my pics will fit, i just can't do more than 2 or 3 at once, i didn't realize there was an 8meg limit.

...and i'm happy to help, if there is anything specific you'd like to know please just ask, i may not know the answer but i probably know where to find it, lol.

(hope you don't mind hvyjunk... am not hijacking.. just sharing/understanding new things from others) and btw.. lessons learned are good and add to knowledge... I hope the 3rd time works like a charm for you)

I swear I'm not stalking you Bozo!!! am on soaking up hempy knowledge and am lucky to see you dropping more tips!! Now learned I must get perlite and not do straight coco (thank you). It looks like its easy to clean off the perlite when all is said and done, so it wouldn't effect being able to re-use the coco as I do.

thank you for sharing your hempy knowledge with all of us!!

Peace :)

hey, stalk away, lol, you have any idea how long it's been since a lady has stalked this old stoner? ...lol, for real though, i'm happy to help if i can and i'd suggest hydroton rather than the perlite if you have it already, if not then the perlite will do nicely, ...it's just that with the perlite you can never get ALL of it free from the coco after harvey so, in time, your coco will become mixed, with hydroton or gravel it is much easier to seperate it from the coco.

btw, i also like the hydroton or gravel because perlite is so light-weight that my coke-bottle hempys were in danger of tipping over late in flower, lol.

anyway, i'm glad to help if i can.

peace, bozo

btw, you CAN use just coco but only if you use the coco chunks in the reservoir, being larger pieces you still get the seperation between the grow medium and the reservoir medium, ...they are different enough so you won't suffer from over watering.
  • KaeaneabisSativas likes this

#105 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

thanks for the tip on the pics although i see now that my pics will fit, i just can't do more than 2 or 3 at once, i didn't realize there was an 8meg limit.

...and i'm happy to help, if there is anything specific you'd like to know please just ask, i may not know the answer but i probably know where to find it, lol.

hey, stalk away, lol, you have any idea how long it's been since a lady has stalked this old stoner? ...lol, for real though, i'm happy to help if i can and i'd suggest hydroton rather than the perlite if you have it already, if not then the perlite will do nicely, ...it's just that with the perlite you can never get ALL of it free from the coco after harvey so, in time, your coco will become mixed, with hydroton or gravel it is much easier to seperate it from the coco.

btw, i also like the hydroton or gravel because perlite is so light-weight that my coke-bottle hempys were in danger of tipping over late in flower, lol.

anyway, i'm glad to help if i can.

peace, bozo

btw, you CAN use just coco but only if you use the coco chunks in the reservoir, being larger pieces you still get the seperation between the grow medium and the reservoir medium, ...they are different enough so you won't suffer from over watering.

then you deserve some stalking!!! lol
Don't have the perlite yet or hydroton thingy's,... but after seeing the word "gravel" I realized I do have bags and bags of white 1" or so rocks that were meant to be a pathway to my door (another project I am unable to do lol). Can I use them in the bottom resv? I can rinse the hell out of them now that is nice weather out... am assuming there could be powdery something on them, so very unsure of that. Will read the bag labels again!
The coco is quite costly where I get it from due to the weight of it and from the other end of the country... so need to try and re-use where i can.

I don't want to hog up his thread... so will possibly ask more ?'s in your thread if you don't mind that is :)

Be Well & Be high!!!

#106 hvyjunk10

hvyjunk10

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

peace, bozo

bozo...

hey thanks for stoppin by and sharing... great info... i appreciate your time and thoughts... if th is next grow fails, i might be lookin for a new method... we'll see...

thanks again

-hvyjunk
  • KaeaneabisSativas and couchpotatoking like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: newb, lava rocks, hydro, great white shark, lsd, northern lights x big bud, lemon sunk, hand fed, hand watered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users