Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo

Newbs First Crack At It....

newb lava rocks hydro great white shark lsd northern lights x big bud lemon sunk hand fed hand watered

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#51 hvyjunk10

hvyjunk10

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

hey all... so heres a few pics... the 3 gal set up... 4 air stones...overkill im sure...lol... Attached File  5-2 (12).JPG   81.34KB   13 downloads the plant looks like it has some spots on its leaves.... yellowish... i may have given too much nutes... but i have tried VERY hard to make sure i didnt do that... going out of my way to make sure i gave less than what it said to give, in an attempt to ease them in to the nutes.... maybe my best efforts failed...lol... Attached File  5-2 (9).JPG   75.79KB   13 downloads Attached File  5-2 (8).JPG   77.09KB   9 downloads the roots in the bucket look happy... i also will NOT be using the perlite in this systen again... i just figured this pant was doing fine, no need for me to transplant it into hydroton now.... decided to just deal with this one... and the others will be in hydroton... the other remaining plant looks bad... i did remove it form the perlite and 5in net pot it was in... no roots were showing... unlike the other one... when i got it out... it had 2 small roots out the bottom of the cube, only about 1.5 in long..... so i just rinsed, with distilled water, the perlite off the cube and set it in a tray with 50% strentgh solution floragro...airlines like before... so we will see.... Attached File  5-2 (10).JPG   57.37KB   7 downloads Attached File  5-2 (11).JPG   59.38KB   5 downloads kind of odd....well... for me... watching the two develop... i noticed on the stronger of the two.... it developed leaves in 3's...ya know, middle, 2 side leaves..... so far... and the slower one... at least for the last set or so, developed only 2 leaves...middle and on ONE side.....not being symetrical.... i thought it was odd... any thoughts?? thanks for checkin in...i appreciate it... as usual, any advice, help, comments, suggestions, etc... are AWLWAYS welcome and are invited.... all for now.... -hvyjunk
  • teddys head and Scooby like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#52 filespace

filespace

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:00 AM

feed some nute solution directly to the rock wool cube of that plant that is not doing so well. and put it under a humidity dome.. that should help it.

#53 filespace

filespace

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

IS THAT ALUMINIUM FOIL i see in your grow room ?!?! no.no.gif

#54 hvyjunk10

hvyjunk10

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

IS THAT ALUMINIUM FOIL i see in your grow room ?!?! no.no.gif

filespace...

whats up!

i dont believe so...lol...that is a 'no-no' .... which pic?? .... im in a tent with the reflective inside....

i did have foil cover my seeds as the germinated...inside a shoe box.... under NO lights.... but no foil in play under lights....

in the recent pics, i used 3, 5-gal buckets upside down, a 1/2 thick piece of plexiglass as the 'table top'.... those may have reflected during the camera flash....

-hvyjunk

#55 hvyjunk10

hvyjunk10

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

glad to see our folks keeping you right m8 Posted Image

Health and happiness

sup teddy!!!

i hope all is well.... i know right, lol... im glad too!!

id be lost without the help and guidance everyone has given me so far....

thanks for checking in!!

-hvyjunk

#56 hvyjunk10

hvyjunk10

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:48 AM

hey all... sorry gp...been hectic lately...im sure it happens to everyone sooner or later... :) kids, sports, school, graduation, family visiting... so, update.... i only have 1 left of the original 7...lol... wow... how horrible.... i can feel the "boos" rain down upon me....lol i tried to 're-pot' it... to change mediums...as the perlite slowly but surely made it way into my bucket, and out of the net pot.... so i changed mediums.... and most likely shocked the crap out of the plant... then i had my water level too high.... sigh... so much to learn....lol.... im assuming i burned it with nutes too.... sigh... man... this is bad... id be fired right now if i worked anywhere else....lol... it was 3 weeks old, i figured i could feed it "mild vegatative growth" lol.. i was not even asking for "agressive...anything" lol.... oh well....patience got my water level right... got the nutes worked out.... things look good....compared to may 4th to may 7th lol...the leaves llook happier... the roots are doing well.... found their way back to the water...new root growth loks nice.... of the 3 new seeds...all sprouted, took root....well at least out of the bottom of the cube, and look great EXCEPT one... it sprouted like the others... but got pinched or somethign at the bottom... its stem has some issues.... it is the one on the right... it already look like its leaning... (may 6th) Attached File  5-6 1030pm (1)-.jpg   70.17KB   1 downloads then this is a day later... Attached File  5-7 (8)-.jpg   122.56KB   1 downloads i tried to give it some support for a day or two.... but the stem looks as if it would require some major help... obviously it is getting the nurishment to the top... but for how long can the stem hold the weight of the developing foilage??? soooo i anticiapte losing this one in the coming days... this is today....i stopped "supporting" it the 8th... ill just see what happens... Attached File  5-10-----.jpg   127.61KB   1 downloads all for now... -hvyjunk

#57 hvyjunk10

hvyjunk10

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

feed some nute solution directly to the rock wool cube of that plant that is not doing so well. and put it under a humidity dome..
that should help it.

filespace...

hey, hope things are going just the way that you need them to go....lol

i babied that one...waitng for it...no signs... i opened the cube...(after losing any hope)... and the root system was a sham... lol... as in... non existant... to be honest i think it was 'dead and gone' (black keys) by the 4th or so...

would you advise the same, or a similar, plan of attack for my 'leaning lady' lol... or is it gone at this point... im not really sure how to fix the structural integrity of the stem ya know...

as ALWAYS.... thank you... for your help and for checkin in.... i greatly appreciate it...

-hvyjunk

#58 TommytRIMMP

TommytRIMMP

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

I think the lower the ppm the better but could be wrong. I have been using pool water test strips and tested both my tap and distilled bottled water. They both have ppm readings of Near 0. I have been thinking that's a good thing. Any update on those babies. I just planted my first cloning project today. They are in a mix of organic potting soil and organic coco fine ground and mixed well. Hope those roots start a spreading!
  • teddys head, Scooby and hvyjunk10 like this

#59 TommytRIMMP

TommytRIMMP

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

Ever think of going with soil? It is really easy. You pot it then wait 12 hours or so before you water it. Then watch it for 2 or 3 days. Water it again watch it for 2 or 3 days and water it again. Next step is to get some nutes or use the nutrients that you already have. You can even use 1 tbsp. of blackstrap mollases to one gallon of distilled water for the first few weeks. And stop bashing yourself! You remind me of myself. lol ;-)
  • teddys head, Scooby, KaeaneabisSativas and 1 other like this

#60 filespace

filespace

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

Im gonna have to agree with tommy here. Learn to grow bud first then try hydro. i started in dirt. shit i couldn't kill my plants back then... outdoor grow... I used straight tap water.. kept those buggers in 2 gallon pots their entire life, over then under watered.. my first clone attempt i used a coke bottle it was clear so green algae grew all in the dirt/roots. then i re-potted into a 2 gal container and it grew to be a 6 ft plant. i picked grass hoppers off everyday. finally learned about neam oil. it was fun to see them grow and smell diffrent each day.. i can only imagine your frustration... GET SOME POTTING SOIL! ...NOW..... log off and go to the store. at least that way you will have some peace every time you look at the ones that are healtly and growing in dirt.

#61 filespace

filespace

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

your plant that is leaning is lack of root development. it will die. if you have any rooting hormone treat it as a clone but dont cut it. just carefully take apart the rockwool and coat what ever little tiny roots is have in rooting stuff. and put in something else You do have a humidity dome right? Put it under that.

#62 hvyjunk10

hvyjunk10

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

Ever think of going with soil? It is really easy. You pot it then wait 12 hours or so before you water it. Then watch it for 2 or 3 days. Water it again watch it for 2 or 3 days and water it again. Next step is to get some nutes or use the nutrients that you already have. You can even use 1 tbsp. of blackstrap mollases to one gallon of distilled water for the first few weeks. And stop bashing yourself! You remind me of myself. lol ;-)

Tommy!!

whats up! thanks for stoppin by... i should probably be easier on myself, but i never manage to pull that off... just kind of the way things go for me lol...

yeah, im not sure about using soil...it just doesnt appeal to me... lol, cant explain it... sorta like girls with blond hair, never been attracted to that... lol.... i dont know...

i guess i can offer the excuse of "not wanting dirt and 'potentially' alot of different insects mere feet from my bed"...

and i understand there are negatives to hydro as well... perhaps im just being stubborn... lol

-hvyjunk

#63 hvyjunk10

hvyjunk10

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:23 PM

your plant that is leaning is lack of root development. it will die. if you have any rooting hormone treat it as a clone but dont cut it. just carefully take apart the rockwool and coat what ever little tiny roots is have in rooting stuff. and put in something else

You do have a humidity dome right?

Put it under that.

Filespace!!

whats crackin!! thanks for checkin in....i hope all is well with you and yours...

awesome news!! that plant that was leaning pulled a 180 and has somehow repaired itself....i was shocked when i saw it... i had removed the 'support' i had given it, and kind of let it be for a few days, and to my surprise i saw it stadning up not leaning and i noticed, what looked like, fresh growth around the damaged stem...

Attached File  5-14 bent stem (1).JPG   103.04KB   0 downloads

in disbelief i lifted the top to check the roots out, and saw this...obviously not alot of root growth, but it is EASILY, much MORE root growth than the other two seeds started at the same time... which only have one or two runners right now

Attached File  5-14 bent stem (2).JPG   83.78KB   0 downloads

none of those 3 seeds were given any nutes or rooting solutions... im scared, lol, to give it nutes... ill probably wait longer than i need to, lol... we'll see...

crazy ...well, i think it is... lol

-hvyjunk

#64 hvyjunk10

hvyjunk10

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

hey all...

sorry its been a minute, parents in town....etc....

so the one remaining plant from my first attempt is doing ok, at least to my eyes lol.... its roots have recovered from the 'move'... the stem is thickening up... the foilage is coming in ok...

i have a question for anyone who might be able to help...

the plant doesnt seem to be gettign taller... they did stretch, alot, when they first broke the surface, i didnt give them light quick enough... sooooooo, there is alot of foilage amassing in a small place....should i trim this now....or wait for it to devlop and grow stronger before taking a blade to it.... ??? my inexperience has me leaning towards, "let it develop more"....

or.....is this what it is suppossed to look like..seeing as i ve never brought a plant this far before lol.....

Attached File  5-14-2012 (2).jpg   122.09KB   6 downloads

Attached File  5-14-2012 (3).jpg   140.69KB   4 downloads

i believe i over 'nuted' it, and have had it sittign in distilled water with floragrow at about 25% for 6 days or so....last night i changed out the water completely, cleaned the air lines off, airstones, adn inside of the pot....added 2 gal of distilled water, and 2 tsp of floragro.... as of this morning all looks ok.... i have two, 'medium sized', air stones at the bottom...

any thoughts??

thanks for stoppin by and checkin in, I greatly appreciate it.....all for now...

-hvyjunk

#65 hvyjunk10

hvyjunk10

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

it was fun to see them grow and smell diffrent each day..

it is!! ...it is much different than i anticipated... the looks and the smells....different EVERY day....it is amazing

i love it!!!
  • teddys head, Scooby and KaeaneabisSativas like this

#66 hvyjunk10

hvyjunk10

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

heres a few more of the damaged stem... my camera is not all that great, but i think the 'new' growth i spoke of is visable...its right at the base of the stem.... Attached File  5-14-2012 (4) bent stem.jpg   147.87KB   1 downloads Attached File  5-14-2012 (5) bent stem.jpg   147.41KB   1 downloads -hvyjunk

#67 filespace

filespace

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

your big plant looks great.. i would personally NOT trim anything off that bad boy perhaps super top it but thats it.. right now.. Have you ever considered a scrog? since you started 7 plants and only have 2 left... you could get a huge yeild

#68 KaeaneabisSativas

KaeaneabisSativas

Master Kae: Novice Canna-suer, Rookie Horticulturist...

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts
  • LocationThe Only Place I'm Wanted or Accepted

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

Things are looking very pretty... I didn't read everything, but it looks like we are all on the same page with ya... OUR OWN BIGGEST FAN, IS ALSO OUR WORST CRITIC... Looks like you have few guys keeping you right... Grow Karma 4 ya mate.... Much Luck Bro... Just remember this... K.I.S.S. Everyone in the field will tell ya... Keep It Simple Sherlock iconchef.gif

Edited by KaeaneabisSativas, 15 May 2012 - 11:16 AM.

#69 TommytRIMMP

TommytRIMMP

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

Looking good brother. I almost broke a pencil thick main stem completely in half. Patched it with a small band aid and a few days later that thing knotted up and is strong like tree! I am really glad to hear that things are looking up. I hear ya lot of trial and error.

#70 KaeaneabisSativas

KaeaneabisSativas

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

Looking good brother. I almost broke a pencil thick main stem completely in half. Patched it with a small band aid and a few days later that thing knotted up and is strong like tree! I am really glad to hear that things are looking up. I hear ya lot of trial and error.

I've also learned that Neosporin will help them, and prevent any bacteria growth to the break...
Band-Aides are great idea too...

guitar.gif

#71 hvyjunk10

hvyjunk10

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

your big plant looks great.. i would personally NOT trim anything off that bad boy perhaps super top it but thats it.. right now..

Have you ever considered a scrog? since you started 7 plants and only have 2 left... you could get a huge yeild

filespace..

whats up... i hope the weather is as nice where you are as it is where i am... wow its been nice....

while in my dreaming/planning mode for this, i was all about the scrog... well, i guess my twisted 'cover' version lol... i was gonna try to use something like this...

Attached File  images.jpg   8.89KB   3 downloads

and train/feed the branches out .... so im all about that idea...i love your suggestion... i think it rocks...
i am planning to do some training...not too much, dont want to get too greedy...but i got to try so i can learn how...

i also do plan to top it.... hopefully i can top it twice... that is the plan as of now...

-hvyjunk

#72 hvyjunk10

hvyjunk10

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

Things are looking very pretty...
I didn't read everything, but it looks like we are all on the same page with ya...
OUR OWN BIGGEST FAN, IS ALSO OUR WORST CRITIC...

Looks like you have few guys keeping you right...
Grow Karma 4 ya mate.... Much Luck Bro...

Just remember this...
K.I.S.S.
Everyone in the field will tell ya...

Keep
It
Simple
Sherlock
iconchef.gif

KS...

whats up, thanks for checkin in!!

thank you...i hope i can keep the plants happy now....lol...
i know, everyone who has been following and helpin out has really been a blessing... i am truly indebted...

i hope i can help out others learn about this awe inspiring plant...... when i have earned my chops... lol thats the goal....

-hvyjunk

#73 hvyjunk10

hvyjunk10

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

Tommy...

hey! thanks for stoppin by..... trial and error is correct my friend LOLOLOL....

and like 'KS' said..... i like the idea of 'band-aids' as well....

side question... if you needed to brace a branch, would it be 'advised' to use a metal object...like a short straight section of a clothes hanger or somehitng along the lines of a wooden popsicle stick....

just curious if one would be a better choice... or if one of the two could create more problems... i dont have this issue yet, but will most likely encounter it sooner or later....

-hvyjunk

#74 KaeaneabisSativas

KaeaneabisSativas

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

KS...

whats up, thanks for checkin in!!

thank you...i hope i can keep the plants happy now....lol...
i know, everyone who has been following and helpin out has really been a blessing... i am truly indebted...

i hope i can help out others learn about this awe inspiring plant...... when i have earned my chops... lol thats the goal....
Spread the wealth of knowledge my man... That's what we are all here for bro...

-hvyjunk

Tommy...

hey! thanks for stoppin by..... trial and error is correct my friend LOLOLOL....

and like 'KS' said..... i like the idea of 'band-aids' as well....

side question... if you needed to brace a branch, would it be 'advised' to use a metal object...like a short straight section of a clothes hanger or somehitng along the lines of a wooden popsicle stick.... Almost a gaurantee you're going to have to brace eventually. Especially if you get nice fat and heavy woman growing... So many different wat to do it, guess just what works best in your garden...
just curious if one would be a better choice... or if one of the two could create more problems... i dont have this issue yet, but will most likely encounter it sooner or later....

Either one should work... Guess if anything stay away from rust...
-hvyjunk

:rock on:

#75 hvyjunk10

hvyjunk10

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

whats up GP... i hope all is well with everyone... not much new to talk about... changed out the water, started givin the young ones some nutes... 25% strentgh... for their first taste.... 7-10 days, and Ill bump them up...a little... the older plant is doin ok... im not quite to "agressive" growth yet... after burning it...the leaves still bear the scars.... im a little gun shy lol... just trying to not be its enemy ya know... so, it is more than half of the dose to "aggressive" growth... in 7 days or so, i will change/clean it and bump up to "aggressive".... i hadnt really realized how much water they were going to be using... especially since i didnt see much growth or devlopement happening on the youngest ones ABOVE the surface.... to my surprise though plenty was happening below the surface lol... the water level was much lower than it had been at the beginning.... with that said, i will be checking my water level more frequently... i was also having some humidity issues.... ...i couldnt keep it above 30%.... most likely because i have the AC/vent as my intake ... so i cut the top off a gallon of water, and a 2 liter bottle... i fill them a safe amount, allowing for swelling...sooooo.....lol..... i got these huge ice cubes to melt and add mositure to my tent....I keep them in large tuperware containers to catch the melting water....im up around 40-42% .... temp sits around 75-78f soooo... is this a bad or ill advised way of trying to increase humidity??? heres a few pics of the eldest....the only remaining from ... "newbs first crack at it" Attached File  5-23-12-1.jpg   107.83KB   10 downloads Attached File  5-23-12-3.jpg   134.78KB   19 downloads Attached File  5-23-12-2.jpg   74.93KB   10 downloads the top growth looks much better than what grew below it... see how i burned it... probably a mix of nutes and too hot.... i think i was being greedy... and trying to get my lights as close as i could... creating other issues to deal with as well... so i backed the lights off a bit... temp dropped a degree or two.... i was just too greedy i think... i need to remember to be more patient....seems to be a reoccuring theme in my life... lol all for now... -hvyjunk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: newb, lava rocks, hydro, great white shark, lsd, northern lights x big bud, lemon sunk, hand fed, hand watered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users