#1 epidermist

epidermist

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Locationsunny south

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

hello everyone out there. my name is Loren. ive grown outside of and on my whole life. i just moved, and am really interested in try to make a cab. i plan on havin 4 plants flowering at a time. can anyone help me go in the right direction with some plans, or equipment i might need? i have a 1000 watt hps for flowering. i also plan on building the whole cab from scratch, preferrably a hydroponic system of some sort. i just need some help in the right direction. i would like to make my whole budget for this endevour 1000 bucks give or take. hopefull some of you all could help, im excited to get some ideas going, and making some new friends. cheer yall!!!
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, Itinkso and 3 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

hi ya Loren Posted Image

sorry your question was in the wrong section ,i hope you don't mind i moved it :)

the water gig aint my thing :unsure: but lots here are ,they'll be along shortly with lots of wisdom and ideas :Einstein:

we'd love to see, a wee intro about yourself here :)

Health and happiness
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#3 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

toke is the hydro cab guy here id look his posts up... as i think he has some gr8 plans some were ... im hydro but have rooms same thing only bigger ... KaK
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, Itinkso and 3 others like this

#4 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

kewl epidermist! Came indoors myself a few years back after too many 5 gallon buckets to count.... it gets better! One thing is the size of the cab for 4 plants and a 1000.... heat will be something to overcome... We have an ongoing mentor project, our Scooby is building a cab with Tokecrazy as his mentor Here is a link... https://www.greenpas...ntor-adventure/ Size and training will be important, in the indoor grow, natural expression is not the thing to have, lots of reading for you to do about lollypopping or cleaning lower sections, LST and HST to control We can help, with a 1000 HPS,,, ventilation and heat control will be a priority. Also, I might suggest a grow tent.... they are quick and easy and will grow great med, lots of tent growers are here to assist if you see that as an option. Bless! Pete
  • bongbonghi, KaK, Itinkso and 3 others like this

#5 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hi epidermist nice to meet you,I don't know what kind of system you want to use but I use a flood and drain in my box.It's very easy and very effective Just fill the rez with water and nutes plug in the timer and let them grow.It has to be the easiest of hydro systems I filter my tap water with a zero water pitcher(0 ppm's) add the nutes I don't even have to ph.So far i've had no problems at all,i'm just sayin in case you want to go a real easy way.But I do agree with Pete,KaK or Tokecrazy are the go to guys for hydro.
  • Itinkso, teddys head, OffDaBaba and 1 other like this

#6 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

Hi Epidermist, Here is a link to the diy section on the home page.I would look through that.Has Pete said running 4 plants and a 1000 watter in a cab heat is gonna be a real issue.I would make sure to research that well.Here's the link:
https://www.greenpas...budget-growing/

Later,
Blue
  • bongbonghi, teddys head and OffDaBaba like this

#7 epidermist

epidermist

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Locationsunny south

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

you guys are great! so much help already. im really wanting to keep the 1000 watt hps, for yeild sake. id love to work around it and make everything tip top:) what would be recomended to get rid of all the heat? smell is also an issue i would like to take care of. i was hoping to have enough room to keep my mother plant and clones on top of the flowering room, would i still be able to do this, or would i have to move it to the side? i would love a mentor to take me under there wing is anyone would be willing ? i wont dissapoint. i think a flood and release is the way i want to go. im so on my toes about all of this. i love this community, feel right at home. also if im postin in the wrong area let me know, im new to any online community. dont even have a face book for christ sake. cheers to all of us that do what we do!!!
  • teddys head and Blue61 like this

#8 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

G'day epidermist :D hehehe welcome to GreenPassion. I would suggest you list you potential grow area, lights, method , and equipment needed...others can suggest wh@ might be needed and why...you will need an exhaust fan and filter of some kind...and a way to support them. plan on the res size and accessibility...and plan for the harvest also...you will need an area to dry the buds in nd containers for storage...glass jars being hands down the most popular method IMO :D hehehe muA
  • teddys head and Blue61 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, cab cycle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users