13 replies to this topic

#1 knottyd

knottyd

gardener

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:55 AM

Has anyone ever made a tea out of blood or bone meal, and have you ever used it to foilar feed? I need to get some N to my girls fast. I feed them yesterday after letting the soil dry for about 3 days from leaching the soil. I made a tea out of some 12-0-0 blood meal I have but would like conformation before I spray them down. Thanks guy/gals. Knotty

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Pappy

Pappy

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1686 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:31 PM

I don't know about Blood or Bone meal tea, but, I use Alaskan fish fert. 5-1-1 for foliar feeding. I works quite well.

#3 knottyd

knottyd

gardener

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:09 PM

My girls love that stuff but I cant take the smell. My office smells so bad for days after I use it. If need be I'll add some to there next feeding.

#4 Pappy

Pappy

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1686 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:06 PM

Oddly enough, the label says "odorless". I don't mind the smell. Reminds me of my youth, in the back seat of my "57 chevy.
  • OffDaBaba likes this

#5 knottyd

knottyd

gardener

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:17 PM

Well with age comes loss of senses..LOL The smell is just too much, as soon as I open the door it hits me. Thank god for wireless internet and wireless printing/faxing, I work from the living room when i use that stuff..LOL where was your '57 chevy at a fish processing plant..LOL

#6 Hobo

Hobo

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1351 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:58 PM

i was drinking tea as i started to read this, and suddenly the thought of blood and bone meal tea combined with me drinking tea created an unpleasant connection lol... dont want my tea anymore, thanks knotty! ;p as for your question, im a noob with organics, im about to give it a shot pretty soon

#7 knottyd

knottyd

gardener

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:45 PM

It doesn't smell good but my dog loves the smell of it, He thinks its for him. Thats one of the things I read while reading about it. Since its made from blood and bones its not good to use outside unless you use chicken wire or something similar and to keep it away from dogs. And I drink tea too, thats where I got the idea but I made it after I was done..lol

#8 Guest_crewdude_*

Guest_crewdude_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:56 PM

How do you make tea from blood meal? and do you spray it on the leaves? at what stage in the growth cycle do u spray them?

#9 knottyd

knottyd

gardener

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:13 PM

I used a sock. I put blood meal in it, tied it off and slowly heated some water in a pot and dropped it in for a few mins. I would use a stocking if you have one. added it to more (cooler)water in a misting bottle and sprayed them down (undersides of the leaves too not just the top). I'm currently in veg (for a few more days to a week). In the OG FAQ it says you can foilar feed for the first two weeks of flowering but I think there are people who do it further into veg. You don't really want to get buds wet so once you see buds forming I would stop. I poured the left overs at the base of the stalks. If you've never foilar feed check out the OG FAQ..I removed my plants from the closet into the dining room where the temps are about 72 which they say is optimal for foilar feed as thats the temps when the stomata are open.

#10 ice#1

ice#1

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:43 PM

you can use it but if your going to foilar feed them with it only use it at 1/4 to 1/3rd streangth or it will burn your girls up. the way i've used it is i use two differant bottles 1 for foliar feeding the other with just plain phed water. first i spray the plants down with a fine mist making sure every part of the plant is wet then i wait a few minutes then i spray with the foliar feed. again makeing sure every part of the plants get wet. then shortly after the plants get dry i spray with the plain water again to wash off any excess ferts left behind. making sure the leafs are nice and clean too

#11 HeadPawthead

HeadPawthead

Super Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6092 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:34 PM

I'd skip the blood meal, that's some wild stuff, stick to the bone meal. Blood meal is notoriously very hot. Besides the blood is better suited for flowering and bone meal is more for vegging. I would just top feed em some bone meal, than water em. They'll get what they need within 12 hours. Peace

#12 ice#1

ice#1

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:44 AM

I'd skip the blood meal, that's some wild stuff, stick to the bone meal.
Blood meal is notoriously very hot.

Besides the blood is better suited for flowering and bone meal is more for vegging.

I would just top feed em some bone meal, than water em. They'll get what they need within 12 hours.
Peace

sorry to correct you but blood meal if high in n which is for veg if i rember my package right its 12-0-0 and bone meal is for flowering being 0-10-0 but yes blood meal is well known for burning becuase of the high nitrogen content

#13 Kieahtoka

Kieahtoka

Neo Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:49 AM

I'll stick to good old fish emulsion
  • OffDaBaba likes this

#14 knottyd

knottyd

gardener

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:49 AM

I like fish emulsion too but all I have right now is Alaska and that shit smells too bad..lol But bone meal is working so I'm good
  • pine boy and OffDaBaba like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users