Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo

Agent Orange (Tga) & PineappleExpr (Auto)

Coco back-up grow just for the heck of it!

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#51 Lucky_Cat

Lucky_Cat

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9678 posts
  • Locationllanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:59 AM

Eh up if it aint edwina scissors hands good job lovely and the soda bottles is a fabbo idea is you can make a humidity dome if not pick up a wee propporgator from home depot.. doesnt have to be a heated one (which would be better) but they need to be on 24/7 light really poet.. the only thing I do different to you is I put my cuts straight into soil now and fire them in the prop and just mist them everyday.. when I did the glass of water gig I had one with a massive amount of leaf take root and also never had it in the prop .. the girls will root lovely.. just change the water every other day and you should be good to go but the soda bottles is a great tip.. they need the humidity to be high and if you can whip them out and fire them under an everyday cfl bulb for the 6 hours they will be in darkness all the better... Mon da cuts!!!! can they do it? YES THEY CAN... rootin and a tootin for these to do their thang..
  • teddys head, PoeticLife, Scooby and 1 other like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#52 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21486 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:33 AM

Use the cloning powder, into coco, no nutes till they need'em. They will take a week or two to start showing roots, just let them grow and fertilize lightly when they start showing deficiencies.
  • teddys head, Scooby and Blue61 like this

#53 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:35 AM

After you dip it in the rooting powder put it back in the water till it roots.You could put it directly in coco and just keep it moist with plain water also.Your choice.You shouldn't have to give them any nutes till you see new growth and then you will know it has rooted if you go the coco route. Peace, Blue
  • Scooby likes this

#54 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

First off..... thank you everyone for all the help with the cloning.... I have not given up, am just trying to make sense of what a mess I've made of 2 journals!!!! I back read that I tossed the PE.... I didn't do anything like that.. its in the flower tent... now am wondering if it even is a PE! and the other day had to toss 4 clones, had taken from male plants (duh). So tomorrow will get this all back on track and even have pics of what is going on... promise! Once the Agent Orange was up potted it began to look much better, it was on its way to being rootbound and was suffering from lack of food. The PE was already up potted a few days earlier and is stretching (will be interesting to see how it does the 2nd time.. the first time it was a huge beast and was growing behind the light). Question: If needed.... can I take clones as late as 2wks into flower? I'm not worried that it will take longer for them... just want to make sure I can still take a Qush clone as well to keep it around. If I can still take a clone, then I am thinking I will take the cuts on Tuesday and put them in water w/rooting powder and someone will only need to change out the water right? (am only going to be away for 5 days max.... and am trying not to put too much plant work on someone). ok tomorrow will be a REAL update :) hugs all around
  • teddys head, Scooby, kittypup and 1 other like this

#55 FarmerLiz

FarmerLiz

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

Well, I just killed most of my clones. I am trying to take a couple off from a plant that is 6 weeks into flower; it is from a lower branch with almost no budding, little new growth near the stem. I'll let you know how they do, but you should be golden at just a couple weeks into flower.
  • Lucky_Cat, teddys head, PoeticLife and 2 others like this

#56 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

Well, I just killed most of my clones. I am trying to take a couple off from a plant that is 6 weeks into flower; it is from a lower branch with almost no budding, little new growth near the stem. I'll let you know how they do, but you should be golden at just a couple weeks into flower.

have no fear Liz... WE WILL LEARN TO CLONE!! I chucked 4 of my clones the other day too. but am determined to get this down pat eventually! gotta laugh... when I think of cloning .. guess what crazy song pops in my head.... from the Wizard of Oz when they go to get beautified before seeing the wizard... cut cut here, snip snip there.. thats how we pass the days away in the merry ole land of Oz.. or we could change it to ".... thats how we pass the day away in the Merry Ole Land of GP! rofl

Liz I'm going to take cuttings from the Qush (def a girl) and see how they do.. will cut them on 5/15 and then all that will be needed is to change out the water while I'm away (I think)... so am going to cut, dip in plain tap, dip in powder and back into the water.... then when I get back, hopefully there will be some roots and can plop 'em into the coco. At least that is the plan as of now. If the Qush is already in 12/12 when I take cuttings.. its still okay right? I know someone answered this and will have to scour my threads and things to find the answer.

why oh why is cloning stumping me? arrrugh!

we will be cloning afficionado's in ? no time at all... ha ha
Hugs!
  • Lucky_Cat, teddys head, Scooby and 1 other like this

#57 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

Agent Orange/Pineapple Express - Day 13 Flower (estimated)

Finally a picture update!!! The Agent Orange and the Pineapple Express were pulled out for pics... feeding is tomorrow with my "assistant" rofl.

Attached File  QushAOPE051312 001.JPG   262.65KB   25 downloads Attached File  QushAOPE051312 002.JPG   244.91KB   24 downloads

thats it... short and sweet lol
  • Lucky_Cat, teddys head, Scooby and 2 others like this

#58 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

looking great Poet honestly lovely jubbly bigsmileythumbsup

yeh you can take clones of late flowers ,i think our strider takes them real late on with no probs

you'll get there ,and see when you do it'lll be like riding the proverbial bike :fly:

Health and happiness
  • Lucky_Cat, PoeticLife, Scooby and 1 other like this

#59 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

Thanks Teddy!!! Am busy making the list of what to do for my "assistant" but am pretty sure it will all be fine. Hard to hand over the job to someone lol They're my babies :)
  • Scooby and Blue61 like this

#60 Scooby

Scooby

California State Certified MMJ Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

Those girls are looking beautiful, Poet. Just covered in flowers. Fantastic! I do have a question for you... are your height measurements from the soil to the top of the plant or are you including the height of the bucket in that measurement? I'm guessing by the size of them that it's from the soil to the top. Also, how tall are your buckets? The ones I'm going to construct are going to be 21 inches tall. That's tall, eh? Anyhow, continue doing the great job that you are already doing. You're rocking it!!! Hugs, Scoob
  • Blue61 likes this

#61 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Those girls are looking beautiful, Poet. Just covered in flowers. Fantastic! I do have a question for you... are your height measurements from the soil to the top of the plant or are you including the height of the bucket in that measurement? I'm guessing by the size of them that it's from the soil to the top. Also, how tall are your buckets? The ones I'm going to construct are going to be 21 inches tall. That's tall, eh? Anyhow, continue doing the great job that you are already doing. You're rocking it!!!

Hugs,

Scoob

Hey Scooby!
Those measurements are from the top of the coco to the top of the plant. I have 2 different pots going right now, 2gallon round pots that are 10" tall, as well as the one 2.5gallon weirdie trash can shaped (oval?)... I also have yet to use my new 3gallon square containers that will be for the next grow... thinking a larger pot might give a bigger yield? dunno yet

Wow 21" tall pot! but am sure Toke talked it all out with you and I'd just follow the leader lol. I am tired of the round pots though, and the square ones are a bit easier to move around when trying to give them the light equally. Usually I just switch positions of the pots when they come out to be fed.
I saw you had a bit more tweaking to do with caulking and paint but it looks like you're almost there! Do you know what you are going to go with as far as strain? inquiring minds want to know ha ha How many plants are you going to be able to grow in your cab? As long as it gives what you need all is good.
Keep the journey going Scoob... pretty soon you'll be sleeping with one eye open on the cab... got a sleeping bag handy? roflmao

Hugs!

#62 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

Prep'd 3 gallons tap Calmag 30A 30B 22Rz Sludge Remover Molasses ph'd to 6.1 Saturated the PE and AO so that they remain moist till their last feed on Wed then assistant will take over... all should be fine, and they will need only one feeding while away. Plenty of notes left and should go without a hitch! Flowers are starting to show up on the PE and its still doing a little more stretching. The AO is a bit small but that was expected since I held it back for a bit in veg... she will catch up as she already is doing. Fed the Qush one gallon to tide her over. The Qush girl is getting tied over in spots to get more of the light in and not have the poor tops burned by the light (the light is as high as it can possibly go... so time to start bending/tying things).

#63 FarmerLiz

FarmerLiz

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

Looking nice, Poet! I'm betting you have no trouble with the clones. You really seem to have a green thumb.

#64 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

Looking nice, Poet! I'm betting you have no trouble with the clones. You really seem to have a green thumb.

ha ha ha ha.... you made a funny! :::my head is spinning with clones.... am going to take a few cuttings from Qush and AO tomorrow and they should be fine when I get back... do you know what light schedule to do for clones? should the light be close or far? just rambling again I know lol::::

bet your thumb is greener then mine!
Hugs

#65 Scooby

Scooby

California State Certified MMJ Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

Hey Scooby!
Those measurements are from the top of the coco to the top of the plant. I have 2 different pots going right now, 2gallon round pots that are 10" tall, as well as the one 2.5gallon weirdie trash can shaped (oval?)... I also have yet to use my new 3gallon square containers that will be for the next grow... thinking a larger pot might give a bigger yield? dunno yet

Wow 21" tall pot! but am sure Toke talked it all out with you and I'd just follow the leader lol. I am tired of the round pots though, and the square ones are a bit easier to move around when trying to give them the light equally. Usually I just switch positions of the pots when they come out to be fed.
I saw you had a bit more tweaking to do with caulking and paint but it looks like you're almost there! Do you know what you are going to go with as far as strain? inquiring minds want to know ha ha How many plants are you going to be able to grow in your cab? As long as it gives what you need all is good.
Keep the journey going Scoob... pretty soon you'll be sleeping with one eye open on the cab... got a sleeping bag handy? roflmao

Hugs!

Ya... 21" tall buckets. Crazy, huh? There's gonna be a LOT of room for water and a massive rootball to grow in that bucket since we're going the DWC hydro route. I'm not sure which strain we're going to go with. Either an indica or an indica dominant hybrid. I'm hoping a hybrid because I don't do too well with straight Indicas. They don't agree with my brain chemistry like Sativas do. My wife, however is a freak for Indicas. She absolutely loves them. And she needs them for relief of temporary nerve damage that was caused by withdrawal from the pharmaceutical drug Klonopin. So this first grow may be dedicated to her. And that's fine by me. ;) As far as the number of plants...we're looking at 2 or 3 max. We'll probably will end up with 2 because of issues with space. These hydro plants grow huge. Toke has said that we should expect a yield of somewhere between 5 and 8 ounces per plant if everything goes smoothly. It's nice to have a master teacher walking me through my first run. I'm extremely lucky! :D Anyhow, that's about all from this end. Will have another update right soon. Take care!

Hugs back atchya,

Scoob
  • Blue61 likes this

#66 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

ha ha ha ha.... you made a funny! :::my head is spinning with clones.... am going to take a few cuttings from Qush and AO tomorrow and they should be fine when I get back... do you know what light schedule to do for clones? should the light be close or far? just rambling again I know lol::::

bet your thumb is greener then mine!
Hugs

Hi Poet, The clones don't need much light.I would give them 24 hours of light but just one cfl would be enough.If they are going to be
in your veg tent,I would have the light all the way up.Good luck on everything!!
Hugs,
Blue
  • PoeticLife likes this

#67 JBlaze

JBlaze

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationThe Garden of Blazen

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

i noticed your agent oranges have really flat leaves almost perfect my AO leaves just like that its crazy lol so flat and perfect looking i love it but other then that lookin good havent read all of it yet keep up the good work :) ps. How old was your agent orange when you induced flowering?

Edited by jblaze28, 31 May 2012 - 02:39 PM.

• Blue61 likes this

#68 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:13 PM

Just wanted to let everyone thats stopped by that i've decided to merge the two journals, is too much to do at this point and need to take a backstep to importing things like healing!!!

So if you want to continue following.... here's where they went to.... https://www.greenpas...ushxspacequeen/ all updates will be made in that thread!!!

jblaze i'm not sure but am thinking only 2 -3 weeks,, will check and make sure laterz.

hugs
  • Blue61 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Coco, back-up grow, just for the heck of it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users