Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo

Agent Orange (Tga) & PineappleExpr (Auto)

Coco back-up grow just for the heck of it!

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#26 Lucky_Cat

Lucky_Cat

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9678 posts
  • Locationllanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

Poet lovely fear not cus we will get you through this and no worries about asking the same questions.. what I found untill I found me own way was lots of contradictions as well as lots of different ways.. I have done the cutting in a glass of water gig but not put it into 12/12 from the off.. but plently here who have... tell you what would be handy Harriet (equal opportunities see , instead of saying tis andy arry) if you gave us a pic of the lower branches etc so can draw up some scissor action plan.. of where to take your cut.. then when ready.. can walk you through the cloning.. can read and read and listen and listen but nothing beats hands on.. you can do this lovely.. so any questions just ask dont trawl back and get mixed up trying to find what you think your looking for.. just ask away.. does not have to be compex or scientific as no need to over complicate what is a dead easy thing to do once you got it in your head.. should see my mucker clone.. like Edwina Scissorhands so she is.. bish bosh job done.. .
  • Scooby and Blue61 like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

ha ha Edwina Scissorhands!!! Will def post pics or maybe even a vid when its time to do the clone thing... makes sense to be ready for it beforehand so all someone needs to do is change the water out and I can take over afterwards.. The AO were moved into the flower side tonite... for no other reason than because I needed to make room in the veg side. Am not sure if an AO or PE will be bloomed in there or not.. still gotta be sure on the male vs female thing. Want to give the Qush a bit more time till I do the little 12/12 flip to force sex.... we're getting closer.... month on the Qush on 5/1 so will do it prob very end of April. Fed the AO and PE a normal feed... have held back and they are looking stringy and lanky... but its all part of experimenting and learning so onward I go. Am now thinking AO#2 may very well be male... more looking. prep'd 2 1/2 gal tap Calmag 23A + 23B 20RZ sludge remover ph'd to 6.0 pics of the AO are in the Qush journal... they are the 2 taller ones. Be well and Be high!
  • Lucky_Cat, Scooby and Blue61 like this

#28 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

*note to self... do not attempt 2 journals at once ever again! lol The AO still live despite neglect and being held back... but they look pretty bad lol. Bottom leaves are pretty yellow and they just don't look like strong plants.... but have my hands full with Qush :) Everything Qush was up potted tonite. and have set the bigger tent to 12/12 to force sex to show a bit quicker (deadlines lol)... so I kept the 2 Agent Orange in there so they too will say if they are a he or a she. The PE (if it in fact is PE) is still in the veg tent and have just started increasing the nutes on the 2 AO and the PE. one pic of the pe in the veg side: Attached File  QushTestGrow042712 006.JPG   190.92KB   10 downloads Hope a good day was had by all... time to spank the brain!!!

#29 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

I love cream soda...oh yea the PE looks good too!! Peace, Blue
  • Lucky_Cat and Scooby like this

#30 homespun

homespun

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hi Poet, I've heard that the AO is a surprisingly potent smoke with an unmistakable psychedelic bent. I hope you find out and report back. I like the soda bottles.

#31 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

Hi Poet,I meant to say in my earlier post the AO's probably need more food to get them back healthy. Hugs

#32 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

Hi Poet, I've heard that the AO is a surprisingly potent smoke with an unmistakable psychedelic bent. I hope you find out and report back.
I like the soda bottles.

Hi Homespun!
I am still hoping one of the AO is a "she".. had planted 4 but kinda tried to get the husk of the seed off and ended with a decapitation... oops. but still have 2 and am hoping one of them is a girl :) The small pop bottles that I used to start seeds in are just too much work with constantly trying to keep the coco moist... the 2L bottles though are much better and it allows me to wait till the final up pot to stick them in and not half as much work!
glad ya came by!!

I love cream soda...oh yea the PE looks good too!!
Peace,
Blue

Hi Poet,I meant to say in my earlier post the AO's probably need more food to get them back healthy.
Hugs

I really hardly ever drink soda or anything bubbly but when I have that rare cup of soda... the choices are simple.. Cream or Root Beer!
I finally upped the nutes on them last night so am hoping the yellowing leaves are from that (on the old growth only). Funny thing last night was I did a stem rub on all and wow the smell was a thing of beauty! but still am somehow second guessing if the PE is who I labeled it as... if this one has room to make it to the finish line and is a PE ... i know it will bulk up my stash considerably :) Am even considering putting it out on a small somewhat enclosed little deck, but I know there has to be alot to be considered when/if I go that route (safety would be the top priority of course) and since i am growing in coco, i will still need to go outside and feed it but will have easy access. Things I'd have to consider are:
1. Saftey
2. The temps would have to be warm enough so that it would have a good chance of thriving. What range of temps would I be looking for outside day/night so that it wouldn't die of shock?
3. Have to keep the height of the plant down so peering eyes can't see. (Can I veg as long as possible in the small tent and when it is time to hit flower can I do a few weeks indoors under the mh and then switch it to the outdoor natural sunlight?)
4. I'm sure I'll think of something!!

I had fim'd/top'd this one.... forgetting it is an Fem'd strain... so might have stressed it too much already? we shall see in time as they say.

hope its a good day for everyone and have a good weekend!!

#33 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

Hi Homespun!
I am still hoping one of the AO is a "she".. had planted 4 but kinda tried to get the husk of the seed off and ended with a decapitation... oops. but still have 2 and am hoping one of them is a girl :) The small pop bottles that I used to start seeds in are just too much work with constantly trying to keep the coco moist... the 2L bottles though are much better and it allows me to wait till the final up pot to stick them in and not half as much work!
glad ya came by!!

I really hardly ever drink soda or anything bubbly but when I have that rare cup of soda... the choices are simple.. Cream or Root Beer!
I finally upped the nutes on them last night so am hoping the yellowing leaves are from that (on the old growth only). Funny thing last night was I did a stem rub on all and wow the smell was a thing of beauty! but still am somehow second guessing if the PE is who I labeled it as... if this one has room to make it to the finish line and is a PE ... i know it will bulk up my stash considerably :) Am even considering putting it out on a small somewhat enclosed little deck, but I know there has to be alot to be considered when/if I go that route (safety would be the top priority of course) and since i am growing in coco, i will still need to go outside and feed it but will have easy access. Things I'd have to consider are:
1. Saftey
2. The temps would have to be warm enough so that it would have a good chance of thriving. What range of temps would I be looking for outside day/night so that it wouldn't die of shock?
3. Have to keep the height of the plant down so peering eyes can't see. (Can I veg as long as possible in the small tent and when it is time to hit flower can I do a few weeks indoors under the mh and then switch it to the outdoor natural sunlight?)
4. I'm sure I'll think of something!!

I had fim'd/top'd this one.... forgetting it is an Fem'd strain... so might have stressed it too much already? we shall see in time as they say.

hope its a good day for everyone and have a good weekend!!

Hi Poet, The PE seeing how it's an auto,topping it is going to give you a small yield from her.She won't have the time to grow back significant tops before she flowers.At least that is what I believe.Hopefully someone who has topped an auto will chime in.

If you decide to put it outside you would want to put it out in the morning and bring it in at night for about a week to harden it off.
Has long has the night time temps are staying in the mid 50's you should be fine.
The problem with starting to flower it inside then finish it outside is you have to make sure you are getting enough
dark hours at night so it doesn't start to veg again.With summer coming we are having more light hours now so it wouldn't start to flower until this fall when we start getting 12 hours a day of darkness again.

One last thing.If you decide to put her outside and bring her back in at night or to start the flowering process you are going to have to check it well for bugs each time.You don't want to bring the dreaded borg into your grow rooms.I actually would start thinking about
getting something for spider mites now because you want to kill them has soon has you see them.I have gotten the dang borg
every summer.
I hope I answered everything.If not you know how to reach me...LOL.
Hugs,
Blue

P.S. I just reread your post and it says the PE is a fem not an auto.If it is just a fem it will be fine. :)
  • SirStickybuds and Scooby like this

#34 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

Hi Poet, The PE seeing how it's an auto,topping it is going to give you a small yield from her.She won't have the time to grow back significant tops before she flowers.At least that is what I believe.Hopefully someone who has topped an auto will chime in.

If you decide to put it outside you would want to put it out in the morning and bring it in at night for about a week to harden it off.
Has long has the night time temps are staying in the mid 50's you should be fine.
The problem with starting to flower it inside then finish it outside is you have to make sure you are getting enough
dark hours at night so it doesn't start to veg again.With summer coming we are having more light hours now so it wouldn't start to flower until this fall when we start getting 12 hours a day of darkness again.

One last thing.If you decide to put her outside and bring her back in at night or to start the flowering process you are going to have to check it well for bugs each time.You don't want to bring the dreaded borg into your grow rooms.I actually would start thinking about
getting something for spider mites now because you want to kill them has soon has you see them.I have gotten the dang borg
every summer.
I hope I answered everything.If not you know how to reach me...LOL.
Hugs,
Blue

P.S. I just reread your post and it says the PE is a fem not an auto.If it is just a fem it will be fine. :)

after you pointed out the things I hadn't thought of.... forget putting it outdoors! def would freak if bugs were brought in and don't need that headache nor bringing it in and out at certain times lmao.. as if thats going to happen. No worries since I do have more seeds left on the PE so not a prob and it will go in the veg side till I need the space back and use the trim OR maybe play with cloning on it? Assume you can still clone off a fem'd auto no?

am giving you the weekend off on the brain picking Blue... hope its a good weekend for you :)
hugs! (this was a lesson on not putting too many irons in the fire at once!)

#35 Lucky_Cat

Lucky_Cat

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9678 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

have we missed da cloning zone? never mind if we have poet lovely cus there is always tomozz and bet we get you cloning like a pro before the year is out and liz too... still think of captain scarlet every time i see da name agent orange.. S.I.G innit.

#36 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

have we missed da cloning zone? never mind if we have poet lovely cus there is always tomozz and bet we get you cloning like a pro before the year is out and liz too...

still think of captain scarlet every time i see da name agent orange.. S.I.G innit.

I still have nothing ready for doing the cloning! need to get the cloning gel/powder, and then a propg tray and a heating pad? the ones that come in a kit with humidity domes seem to only be 7" in height... that seems too short to me no? and with so many plants going right now its kinda a daunting task... or I'm making it more difficult than needs to be (def a possibility) and assume this is when the cfl's would come in to play since they won't have room in a tent for a bit.. will have to find another corner in the room to pull this off!! And I don't have those cube things I see people talk of (rapid rooters?) are they able to be used with coco? or does that separate and it just has the clone going into the coco? and just had to order nutes and think I've reached my max for spending... but maybe not lol. I still have 2 AO that can be cloned off before time has run out, thinking that once they (the AO's) have shown sex...then I can put the female back into veg and then I will hopefully have one to clone from. Easiest thing would be to be able to keep them in water (tap? distilled?) and when roots show, just put them in the coco... and when would nutrients be started? are ya sorry ya asked me if I was ready to clone yet? lmao

lots of thoughts/ideas are floating around my noggin!!! GAAAAsmiley.gif

#37 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

You could put the cuttings right in the coco to root them.You don't need to buy Rapid Rooters.

#38 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

The AO's are looking quite sad... can ya blame them? took pics, am giving them a normal feed now hoping it helps perk 'em up but either way only one of the trio get to possibly live... same story different day :) Bottom leaves are falling off when just touched gently, really look so wimpy... but fed them regardless... by the end of the week will know who survives. Thanks Blue... glad I didn't order any of the cubes... did get cloning gel though finally! Attached File  QushTest043012 001.JPG   196.71KB   19 downloads Attached File  QushTest043012 002.JPG   197.92KB   21 downloads Attached File  QushTest043012 010.JPG   193.13KB   17 downloads the last pic is the PE. AO#2 looks much stronger than #1 but I had thought #1 female and now am not completely sure. and the journey continues!

#39 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

Poet you can cut the bottom off a 2 liter soda bottle to make a dome for your cutting.Once you see new growth start happening you'll know she's rooted for ya. :) P.S.Btw the AO's don't look that bad.You will have them looking good in about 10 days I bet.

#40 JBlaze

JBlaze

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationThe Garden of Blazen

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

i think those AO's look fine :)

#41 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

I hang my head at what a disaster this journal is!!! update: Pineapple Express (ditched... have a few seeds of it so am not concerned with it) AO#2 - Believe it may be a male and bbesides only room for one! So Agent Orange #1 is the one that gets to live out its days in the veg tent.... though I've moved things around so much I could have it upside down! done.... for now :) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#42 FarmerLiz

FarmerLiz

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

So are you picking the keepers by the 'only the strong survive' method?? LMFAO I thought I was the only one who did that!
  • Lucky_Cat likes this

#43 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

So are you picking the keepers by the 'only the strong survive' method?? LMFAO I thought I was the only one who did that!

roflmao... at this point if they even try and look at me crooked they go to the bottom of the list! pmsl.... but its sad to watch 3 healthy plants sitting in a corner prob thinking "wtf did I do to deserve the corner?" ha ha ha

Liz you'd have died laughing tonite if you saw the antics going on with me and my daughter... first we looked at them top view (made notes) then side view (and made notes) then looked for anything that would resemble "male bits" and we both just stared at eachother and yeah.... I had to run go peee peee!! was feking hilarious.. but am glad I did the first narrow down.. whew like a load off my shoulders!!!

Am assuming I can still use the plant trim for oil even though they did not flower..... will have to ask someone that. But for now need to shut the "grow side of the brain down!!!"

Did you update your journals? I'll goooooo peek!
Hugs!!
  • Lucky_Cat likes this

#44 Lucky_Cat

Lucky_Cat

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9678 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

AO looks okay poet lovely... mibbee in need of a drink but mibbee not.. cut the plant at the base can use the whole stalk as well for da oil lovely.
  • PoeticLife likes this

#45 FarmerLiz

FarmerLiz

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

I'm so jealous that you have your daughter to help and laugh with you! I was sure that both of the EEExHG01 plants I was growing were female. I had already run the vortex from seed, they showed their sex early and clearly. But those EEEx looked so female, and I was sure I actually saw the two hairs coming out of the little sex bumps. Two weeks into 12/12 and SHAZAM they were covered with unmistakeable balls. Like overnight. And these Qush, I decided the last three were males mostly because I didn't have room in the flower room for them and I was so tired of examining them after 8-9 weeks. I think they must have been males, they were so obstinate. Or just shy? Thanks for sharing, you gave me a nice chuckle.

#46 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

AO looks okay poet lovely... mibbee in need of a drink but mibbee not..

cut the plant at the base can use the whole stalk as well for da oil lovely.

Thanks LC!!! am sure I used other plants for oil in the past that had not been flowered.. but have forgotten if it still makes good oil sooooo muchas gracias! and yes am going to do the NN2 oil within a week and use the stems as well this time around. Somehow I had it stuck in my head that if they weren't frosting up yet that there would not be as much goodness to be gotten... but now understand better!
Hugs!!!!!

I'm so jealous that you have your daughter to help and laugh with you!

Thanks for sharing, you gave me a nice chuckle.

I don't think I could possibly have laughed harder liz.... was the best medicine!!! freaking hilarious telling my kid "just look for anything round" roflmao

#47 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

And the journey continues!!! Today I decided to start taking clippings from a homeless AO... so I ended up taking 6 clones, they may be too big, too small but I went ahead anyways... learning as I go. Even if one were to survive... I'd be calling it a big success ffs.
So I cut where it showed on a vid.. and read lots of posts (which eventually overwhelm me lol) and just cut. I scraped off some off the end inch or two on each... I had forgotten to get the cloning gel or powder and have found something at Home Depot... is this the right stuff---> http://www.homedepot...r&storeId=10051
The rooting cloning thing will be gotten tomorrow... this is the only one that came up in a search so am assuming it is okay?

They are all now sitting in glass Ball Mason jars on the bottom of the veg tent and lights are on at 18/6. I wasn't quite sure how to feed them if anything.... but when I hashed it out in my head... was thinking it was taken off a plant that was on a "normal" feed and figured they need something to help them get off to a good start... so here I might've fek'd up. I am still going to plant these in coco when the time comes... I had thought being in water (ph'd to 5.8) for one day would not be too big a boo boo but adding even light amounts of nutes (Canna coco line) might have been too soon for them?

ANY simple feedback will help.
Here are the pics of the cuttings I had taken:
Clone#1----> Attached File  AOclones050512 002.JPG   184.95KB   9 downloads
Clone#2----> Attached File  AOclones050512 003.JPG   180.09KB   12 downloads
Clone#3----> Attached File  AOclones050512 004.JPG   179.96KB   12 downloads
Clone#4----> Attached File  AOclones050512 005.JPG   180.26KB   12 downloads
Clone#5----> Attached File  AOclones050512 006.JPG   180.97KB   13 downloads
Clones in jars Pic#6----> Attached File  AOclones050512 007.JPG   186.91KB   14 downloads
Clones in veg tent Pic#7-------> Attached File  AOclones050512 008.JPG   193.46KB   11 downloads

are the clones left with too many leaves? should they be buried deep into the stem area when ready to go into the coco? any opinions are helpful (just keep terms not too technical lol)
hugs for taking time!!
  • Lucky_Cat and Blue61 like this

#48 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

What I would do Poet is dump that water out and use new water with no nutes.They have plenty of food stored up in there leaves. I wouldn't worry about the coco right now.You have plenty of time to get that sorted. Do you have some 2 liter soda bottles hanging around?You could cut the bottom off and put it over the jar to make a humidity dome.Use clear bottles so some light gets through.It would be best if you could put them in the corner or the least brightest spot in the tent. Peace, Blue
  • Lucky_Cat and PoeticLife like this

#49 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21562 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

The rooting powder will work just fine. Now as for the leaves, all you need are 3-5 leaves. You don't need many, just enough for photosynthesis, too many leaves takes food reserves from the plants. No ferts till they root and you chuck'em in the dirt.

#50 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

What I would do Poet is dump that water out and use new water with no nutes.They have plenty of food stored up in there leaves.
I wouldn't worry about the coco right now.You have plenty of time to get that sorted.

Do you have some 2 liter soda bottles hanging around?You could cut the bottom off and put it over the jar to make a humidity dome.Use clear bottles so some light gets through.It would be best if you could put them in the corner or the least brightest spot in the tent.

Peace,
Blue

The rooting powder will work just fine. Now as for the leaves, all you need are 3-5 leaves. You don't need many, just enough for photosynthesis, too many leaves takes food reserves from the plants. No ferts till they root and you chuck'em in the dirt.

Thank you both so very much!! Emptied out the water w/nutes in the jars and gave then plain tap... fek forgot to ph the water! will do it tomorrow and give fresh water.
Ok early to sleep (anything before 5am is an early night lol) and will get what needs getting at HomeDepot/Walmart... they better have good instructions on it!
So when I get the cloning powder would I then remove them all from the jars, dump the water, stick into the powder and then immediately place into the coco and just start the nutes up again but at a lesser dose (they had just been on normal feed for a few days).

You are appreciated so very much!!
ok going sideways!
sleep well everyone :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Coco, back-up grow, just for the heck of it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users