Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo

Agent Orange (Tga) & PineappleExpr (Auto)

Coco back-up grow just for the heck of it!

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

Had started up 4 Agent Orange seeds about 2 wks ago and also added a Pineapple Expr just for the heck of it. Two of the 4 AO didn't make it... held onto their little helmets and after some help... they didn't make it. Take a look at the one with the weird leaf set... strange looking to me or ? will see what ya's think.

Now have 2 journals going so this should be interesting to say the least. The Qush Test is being done in the flower side and the above seedlings are on the veg side. Basically wanted to make sure I had something going in case the Qush doesn't give me at least 2 girls (if more then I'll let these go as long as possible and just use the trim for oil. So its a win win or overload! And it'll be good practice to see what these can do... its more like a "back-up" plan so to speak.

Didn't keep good track of where there are timewise but am guessing at about a week or so.

They got their first light feeding tonite:
2L tap
calmag (just a bit)
2.9ml CannaA
2.9ml CannaB
8ml Rhizo

Pics of the wobbly/leggy seedlings... they are flopping over and just moved a fan in there to hopefully strengthen the stems. (how quickly I forget how delicate this stage is!)

Attached File  AOPEgrow033012 001.JPG   260.75KB   28 downloads Attached File  AOPEgrow033012 002.JPG   207.11KB   24 downloads

this should be interesting to say the least.... and def will be keeping me on my toes with keeping up 2 journals... we shall see what happens!

any ideas on the funky leaf'd one... I'm all ears!
  • bongbonghi, Lucky_Cat, usstoner and 5 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

Agent O from PWB :) and Pineapple Express to boot! Never followed an AO or PE journal before. Focusing my Chi your way :joda:
  • bongbonghi, Lucky_Cat, usstoner and 4 others like this

#3 greenmama

greenmama

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationWestern NY

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

coolness, definately watching this...I have an AO in my stash, for a future grow. my first autoflower I popped was a PE...interesting, and educational...i learned 2 days too late that you do NOT TOP an auto! (duh) so, she was certainly shorter than she woulda/shoulda been, but seemed to have an odd structure...not like the photos, more like a Charlie Brown tree cross... :rolleyes: peace!

#4 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

Best of luck on the AO Poet.I'll be watching with interest. Later, Blue

#5 usstoner

usstoner

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1728 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

off to a great start...
  • bongbonghi, Lucky_Cat, OniusOniusOnius and 4 others like this

#6 Lucky_Cat

Lucky_Cat

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9678 posts
  • Locationllanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

Nice one for pointing out the Agent Orange Poet... am now just left wonder what da nutritional value is on da bottle LMAO.. 2 journals.. you will do it a piece of cake lovely.. mucho easio
  • bongbonghi, OniusOniusOnius, teddys head and 2 others like this

#7 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

Agent O from PWB :) and Pineapple Express to boot! Never followed an AO or PE journal before.

Focusing my Chi your way :joda:

Thanks OOO.... am really hoping I get one girl out of the AO... but this grow is entirely up in the air depending on what happens in the Flower Tent with the Qush. Am hoping to at least be able to see what the AO can do... am not too concerned with the PE (have a few more seeds of that one)... keeping my fingers crossed!!
Hugs!

coolness, definately watching this...I have an AO in my stash, for a future grow. my first autoflower I popped was a PE...interesting, and educational...i learned 2 days too late that you do NOT TOP an auto! (duh) so, she was certainly shorter than she woulda/shoulda been, but seemed to have an odd structure...not like the photos, more like a Charlie Brown tree cross... :rolleyes:
peace!

Hey Greenmama!!!
The first time I ran the PE I was amazed at the yield on it... was a monster! sounds like something I'd do.... topping a auto... but its the only way we learn by making mistakes sometimes. The AO sounds like a good strain and was lucky to get a few seeds thrown my way... don't ya love experimenting with the different strains to find the one you want to keep going forever? still have to learn cloning so until then... its seeds!
Hugs and have a great grow!

Best of luck on the AO Poet.I'll be watching with interest.
Later,
Blue

Thanks Blue!!! hope all is well with you and you are feeling a better.. big hugs and be well!!!

off to a great start...

Thanks usstoner!!

Nice one for pointing out the Agent Orange Poet... am now just left wonder what da nutritional value is on da bottle LMAO..
2 journals.. you will do it a piece of cake lovely.. mucho easio

aaaah ya mean the pop bottles? lmao... the AO are in the Mt.Dew (don't think any nutritional value whatsoever lmao... but is a handy container! Am waiting on some new pots.... 3gal square containers with little feets to keep 'em off the bottom of the tent and makes drainage easier to deal with!
This is going to get interesting ffs... multi-tasking taken to a whole new level!
Hugs & nugs, & buds!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So nobody has any comment on the freaky looking leaf on the AO? it looks muy strange-o to moi!

Hugs to all... time to spank da brain!!!

am late,, am late for a very important date with my bowl ha ha
  • Lucky_Cat, OniusOniusOnius, teddys head and 2 others like this

#8 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

Lights, camera... action (with blurry pics... dang)

Fed the little leggy ones tonite, same as above and tried to get a decent photo of the weird leafed one. sorry on the blurry photos... but these were the best of the batch!!

Prep'd 2L tap
Calmag
2.9ml CannaA
2.9ml CannaB
8ml Rhizo
ph'd to 5.9

they live!! so far so good!

pics (please comment on the funky leaves on this Agent Orange... is it just something that happens once in awhile or is it a mutation of a sort?)

the weird one but very healthy ---> Attached File  AOPE033112 (2).JPG   172.82KB   7 downloads
and other shots: Attached File  AOPE033112.JPG   176.64KB   9 downloads Attached File  AOPE033112 (3).JPG   181.4KB   7 downloads

::::am having fun in my garden:::: :D
  • Lucky_Cat, OniusOniusOnius, teddys head and 1 other like this

#9 FarmerLiz

FarmerLiz

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:10 AM

Not going to comment on the funky leaves, I just haven't grown enough to know what is funky and what is not... But gotta laugh that you are running another journal! It's a good idea, kinda setting up a perpetual grow, getting ready for the next cycle. I like popping those beans too, and I have lots more luck with them than with the clones. Darn clones. Just something about seeing a plant rising from that little seed is so soothing.
  • Lucky_Cat, OniusOniusOnius, teddys head and 3 others like this

#10 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

Checked the bottles and were light.... frequent feedings till they get a new home.

prep'd 1.5gals tap
2tsp calmag
11ml cannaA
11ml cannaB
15ml Rhizo
Sludge Remover

(follow'd Veg stage I on the Cannagardening site for the nutes)

Pics: 1 & 2 are the Agent Orange #3 is the PE
Attached File  AOPEgrow040212 001.JPG   178.22KB   1 downloads Attached File  AOPEgrow040212 002.JPG   176.67KB   1 downloads Attached File  AOPEgrow040212 003.JPG   177.11KB   1 downloads

back in 2 days

#11 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

So.... after thinking and thinking... came to the conclusion that it would at least be worth the try and effort to see how I can extend the veg time on these 3... nah just the 2 AO. Got plenty of help and am either keeping the light raised and lowering the nutes... and just play the wait and see game.... or... will get a set of cfl's and slow them down that way. Their demise may come regardless... but if so.. they will serve experimental purposes... so still a win win... knowledge building and all that jazz.

Checked the veg tent and bottles were dry but not bone dry.
Prep'd 1.5 gal tap
(and basically cut the above last feeding in half.. will see how they react)
calmag
6ml cannaA+B
6ml Rhizo
Sludge Remover

Basically saturated the coco slowly to make sure it got throughout the bottles. Have not been up to snuff... and will try and get out for the bulbs next week.... or not... have to be totally flexible when not well ya know?

Pics (maybe its the time of day I've been up since or am just stoned? or a combo of both.... but they all look like AO to me) am going to trust that I labeled the one PE correctly lol
Attached File  AOPEgrow040512 003.JPG   167.13KB   7 downloads Attached File  AOPEgrow040512 004.JPG   178.66KB   11 downloads
Attached File  AOPEgrow040512 005.JPG   166.08KB   11 downloads Attached File  AOPEgrow040512 006.JPG   176.63KB   9 downloads
Attached File  AOPEgrow040512 007.JPG   190.79KB   7 downloads Attached File  AOPEgrow040512 008.JPG   251.82KB   5 downloads

Hope I didn't just totally confuse ya's! will see where this goes...
be well & be high!
  • bongbonghi, Lucky_Cat, OniusOniusOnius and 3 others like this

#12 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

Pulled the 2 Agent Orange and the 1 Pineapple Expre(fem'd/auto) out of the veg side and had a look-see.. they are still doing well and gave them a light feeding. Am glad to have started them in the bigger 2L bottles so the roots have longer till they are rootbound... and would love it if a AO turned out to be a girly :) (still have not seen a male plant... but am not complaining!)
few pics and you'll note the one that refused to look up at the light and was sideways... has gotten its act together!

Bottles were still a bit wet but did a light feeding anyways... heck my socks were already wet... might as well keep going lol

Attached File  AOPEgrow041212 001.JPG   184.9KB   7 downloads Attached File  AOPEgrow041212 002.JPG   181.86KB   8 downloads
Attached File  AOPEgrow041212 003.JPG   182.34KB   7 downloads that was my attempt at getting a closer look.... rofl
Attached File  AOPEgrow041212 004.JPG   193.99KB   7 downloads Attached File  AOPEgrow041212 005.JPG   185.24KB   9 downloads
Attached File  AOPEgrow041212 007.JPG   193.35KB   8 downloads

Will keep ya's updated on any changes as they happen!

Be well & Be High!!!

#13 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

late again for the party Poet :fly: i'll have to be more prompt :D

your weeins are looking grand imho nought wrong there :oldhippy:

come on da big girlies gfightgif

Health and happiness
  • Lucky_Cat, OniusOniusOnius, Scooby and 1 other like this

#14 Scooby

Scooby

California State Certified MMJ Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:55 AM

Those AO's are looking nice, Poet! It's amazing how fast they grow. Geez. Do those plants have any smells yet or are they waiting to show their odor until later? Hugs, Scoob
  • Lucky_Cat, OniusOniusOnius and Blue61 like this

#15 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

late again for the party Poet :fly: i'll have to be more prompt :D

your weeins are looking grand imho nought wrong there :oldhippy:

come on da big girlies gfightgif

Health and happiness

Thanks Teddy... now that you've come by and spread your magic they'll have an even better chance!
Hugs

Those AO's are looking nice, Poet! It's amazing how fast they grow. Geez. Do those plants have any smells yet or are they waiting to show their odor until later?
Hugs,
Scoob

They do look healthy no? am being so negligent keeping track but trying to hold 'em back... its all part of the learning experience! But would love to fully grow out a AO girlie... assuming one of the two is a girlie! They should be showing sex soonish.
and no odor yet.. which is a good thing!
Hugs

#16 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

Well it seems we have a lady amongs the Agent Orange!! AO#1 is def female... AO#2 is still not showing yet... and the PE we already know is a girlie (fem'd /auto).

Soaked the 2L bottles till 10% runoff and then got the jeweler's loop out to look and see what was visible.
Fed them the balance of the feed from the Qush... still trying to hold them back a bit..... we shall see where it goes but so far def girl on one AO.. which was what I was hoping for.. the other AO is def different in structure or its a healthier plant? have never grown this strain before so will just keep an eye on things.

Pics:
Attached File  QushTest041412 006.JPG   186.32KB   14 downloads Attached File  QushTest041412 008.JPG   171.66KB   17 downloads
Attached File  QushTest041412 009.JPG   200.52KB   16 downloads Attached File  QushTest041412 010.JPG   194.1KB   12 downloads
Attached File  QushTest041412 011.JPG   186.84KB   12 downloads Attached File  QushTest041412 012.JPG   229.21KB   9 downloads

Ignore the Qush references.. have one SD card and can't separate the labels... blah... and someone seems to have the date on the pics one day ahead lmao... but today is today and not tomorrow!!

So one girl on the AO (thank you)... now have to play the waiting game and think more on how I'm going to handle them.. can be fun no?

hugs and hope everyone is having a good weekend... and find all the smiles possible!!

#17 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21480 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

They're coming along nicely, soon as you know the sex of the other one it'll be time to up-pot and flip the light.
  • Lucky_Cat, OniusOniusOnius, PoeticLife and 1 other like this

#18 JBlaze

JBlaze

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationThe Garden of Blazen

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

very nice i just started 5 agent oranges few days ago looking forward to this journal best of luck to ya friend :)

#19 Lucky_Cat

Lucky_Cat

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9678 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:34 AM

looking lovely lovely, tis hard to say if its a boy or girl at the mo.. so steady as she goes.. I potted on what I thought was a girl way too early and it was a boyo... lesson learnt.. any boys can be chopped up and used for all lovely so they have their uses LOL.. this is probbo the most frustrating time in growing from reg seeds or fem for that matter is the waiting for them to show especially if they are in need of a pot on... .
  • PoeticLife and Blue61 like this

#20 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

They're coming along nicely, soon as you know the sex of the other one it'll be time to up-pot and flip the light.

Only one of these gets to make it to the finish line... and from what I saw tonite... both AO's are female!!! As a rule of thumb do I just pick the biggest one with the most branching? Disregard the PE... not going to think on that one too much. Wait on the coming update (few mins) and let me know if it looks girlie to you! I must be either blind (nope cuz never seen a seed ever in my cannabis) or I am blessed with lots of girlie magic (thinking 11 beans were girls and not one boy... and that excludes any fem'd)
headshakesmiley.gif

very nice i just started 5 agent oranges few days ago looking forward to this journal best of luck to ya friend :)

Thanks jblaze... yep got an eye out on yours too!!

looking lovely lovely, tis hard to say if its a boy or girl at the mo.. so steady as she goes.. I potted on what I thought was a girl way too early and it was a boyo... lesson learnt.. any boys can be chopped up and used for all lovely so they have their uses LOL.. this is probbo the most frustrating time in growing from reg seeds or fem for that matter is the waiting for them to show especially if they are in need of a pot on... .

I'm waiting on the boys... but guess I just have an aura of magical girlieness? lmao... they all look as I've seen in the past.. no diff parts... can I be so lucky? now I'm going to have to learn cloning... blah... no one to care for tiny ones so why bother cutting off growth? am stumped by my poor planning!! you'll see the updated pics and see if you think they're girls!
Hugs!
  • Lucky_Cat, Blue61 and JBlaze like this

#21 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

Back in the tent... if ya have to feed a few you might as well feed 'em all :)

so... in keeping with the same theme as the Flower side (Qush)... went in with my scissors and jewelers loop blazing! Am disregarding the PE yet again (but am keeping it fed).

Silly ? but was wondering if my thinking is right and I can't clone off the PE which is an Auto... if that is the case I will just let it grow as long as space allows and use trim for oil.

so sexing.... They are both girls... them being the Agent Orange. (let me know if ya's think the same). Same but different in structure for sure.. one is more spindly and one has more branching and is simply bigger. I've been feeding them all minimally and had the 175mh bulb raised to slow growth.. but now will need to think on which one gets to eat up the itty bitty 17" sq tent.. more choosing to happen. Any suggestions are welcome!

I have flowered once in the veg space.. its not ideal but it def bulks up my personal stash of meds.. so every other grow it is necessary. I have scented dryer sheets all ready for when one of them starts getting stinky... no canfilter and it blows into an attached garage.. so am going to have to keep a close eye on things smell wise. Last time I did this it was in the winter and had no worries of the smell... so we shall see.

Also FIM'd AO#1.... topped AO#2... and yeah lets ignore the PE for now. Once I make the selection of the one that survives, I'll be upping the nutrients and pushing forward!

Attached File  AOPEgrow041612 001.JPG   178.75KB   8 downloads Attached File  AOPEgrow041612 002.JPG   179.27KB   10 downloads Attached File  AOPEgrow041612 003.JPG   182KB   10 downloads Attached File  AOPEgrow041612 004.JPG   182.8KB   11 downloads Attached File  AOPEgrow041612 006.JPG   187.67KB   11 downloads Attached File  AOPEgrow041612 007.JPG   185.92KB   9 downloads

any opinions welcome!
  • Lucky_Cat and Blue61 like this

#22 Lucky_Cat

Lucky_Cat

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9678 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:34 AM

Big up da 7up recycling warrioress you :) I cant tell from the pics lovely if they are girls or boys yet... dont worry they will show when mature enough... boys tend to show before girls and deffo no boy bits in view... and cant see the girly bits either.. so tis that time lovely, where our patience is tested and we look and look and hope and hope... I potted a boy on recently ffs chucked the girl and potted the boy on ffs.. got them mixed up and although I checked and thought I had the girl.. had I left them a couple of days more before potting on.. I would have not have made that mistake... In veg is a goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood time to practice cloning lovely and when growing from regular seed.. good way to find out the sex early is to take a cutting and put it straight into 12/12 or take the cutting let it root then fire it into 12/12.. me lovely mucker juanca told me in barca that a good mom... needs to veg for about 6 months to reach its full bang on potential.. I know when space is an issue its difficult to veg for that long.. but can take cuts and flower them in the time in between and I am wondering if the bonsai mom is suitable for such a long veg time? cant see why not and can see the science and logic of having a mom who has vegged for 6 months.. cuttings would be bang on the money every time.. I think I vegged me Critical mass for 7- 8 weeks and the one girl is kicking arse and I am kicking mine because she should have been a "keeper".. still she lives on in clone and one of the clones is going to be a dedicated mom so she will always be in veg. So you up for a cloning gig? mibbe aye.. mibbe naw LMAO.. am sure we can all get you through it.. then you will be able to sing rebel cloning songs and the like :)

Edited by Lucky_Cat, 17 April 2012 - 02:35 AM.

• PoeticLife and Blue61 like this

#23 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

Hi Poet,You could always take your clones the day before you go in the hospital.They take 7-10 days maybe a little more to root so they would be good for a day or two all by themselves Later, Blue.
  • Lucky_Cat and PoeticLife like this

#24 JBlaze

JBlaze

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationThe Garden of Blazen

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

Poet u could always build a 2x2x4 cab for clones and mommas that's what I'm going to do I believe jus load it up with cfls and hope for best;) lookin good btw
  • Lucky_Cat, Scooby and Blue61 like this

#25 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

They got fed.... one AO had to be moved into the Qush side... the itty bitty tent is already maxed out... so am going note searching.. my notes are not organized like they should be so I can stop asking repeat questions. Sorry no multiquote tonite... but yes I have to learn cloning.. just got my brain swimming with things and GAAAAsmiley.gif more figuring out to be done! Thanks everyone! and jblaze its not going to happen.. the cab making lmao.. but it is a great thing to wish for :)
  • Scooby, Blue61 and JBlaze like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Coco, back-up grow, just for the heck of it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users