Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo

Dairy Queen's Babies, And The Mom. Hempy.

Hempy DQ tga clones perlite

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DoctorWho

DoctorWho

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationMostly the TARDIS

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

Ok heres my first grow journal, any recommendations are greatly appreciated. My set up. 2x4x7 tent. 400W Mh/dual spectrum? its running at 3000k. (DIY cool tube.) I have one Dairy Queen in DWC she is 62 days into flower today. I took 4clone off her 30 days ago. 2 rooted in a week the other 2 rooted in about 12 days. (I dont know why people say its so hard to clone.)..I dipped them in lowes rooting powder and put them in water, sprayed about once a day under a tiny cfl. I planted 3 clones into 5gal hempy and one is in a liter bottle untill I cut I kill there mom. I put them all under 12/12 in the tent yesterday because my 300W cfl shattered (wasn't enough light anyway.) So heres some picks. I'm really sad about the size of the bugs on this DQ any idea why there so small? No real issues with heat or anything this grow, Do they look like I should let them go another week. I'm afraid I set them back a week or so with some much needed trimming about 3-4 weeks into flower. I also broke a large branch last week. Let me know what you think.

Attached Files

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 DoctorWho

DoctorWho

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

The trich picks don't look good but I took the with my phone thrru a handheld radio 15$ microscope lol. I have alot of cloudy and no amber (its hard for me to tell whats cloudy or clear) but their is amber on top of the leaf but not on bottom.
  • KaK likes this

#3 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

Hey DW! Smart you took clones... unlike "me". I still need to try the cloning thing, had tried once but had handled it all wrong and was out of space anyways... next attempt will be the test. 62 days on the DQ sounds good... I had let mine go for 63? but had never seen more than a random amber trich even at the end. With that said, it is uber sticky and am excited to smoke/test it out... few more days or week or two lol. The buds on mine at harvest were not huge but smaller size but sticky and dense. I think from what I've read and what I've heard other say that it is a fave of many as far as a wonderful dank strain. Sub even says upfront that it is not a heavy producer. But I am learning that I'd rather have "quality" over quantity.... though I was mostly focused on quantity when I had first started growing. I believe Zoot also harvested his DQ at around the same point. I hear you on the visuals being a problem, I'd like to blame it on my camera but that wouldn't be the truth. So I relied on others when my eyes couldn't tell what was there. It is a very very bushy/dense plant and I know on mine, even with the lst'ing, I could have trimmed up the bottom more. I believe that if I had done more lst'ing that the popcorn bud would've gotten more light and formed up more. I have lots and lots of popcorn bud because of this (saved for oil-making)... and I learned my lesson with this strain. But it looks wonderful and await the test sample. am jealous you've got the cloning down!!! pass along some magic to me :) Prob not a big help to you, but its all I got! Only advice I have on the upcomming harvest is................. WEAR GLOVES!!! seriously ya need gloves.. I kept my scissor hand gloveless but the left hand that touched the bud was covered. Ya need rubbing alcohol to get it off your hands lol Wishing you a phenomenal grow! hugs
  • KaK likes this

#4 DoctorWho

DoctorWho

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

I always say quality comes first. Honestly cloning is so easy. My mom used to do it all the time with house plants. She's a sweet old-style woman (so its not new and so easy) lol. All i did was cut a tiny branch off dipped it in lowe's $5 rooting powder, and left the stem in a glass of water. I made a small tent out of plastic wrap, put the cups/clones in it, put that in a small kitchen trashcan and hung a tiny cfl in the trash can and covered it with a blanket, sprayed in the plastic with tap water maybe once a day) Took 10 days for really nice roots (3-4in). Then into the hempy bucket. So easy I promise. All 4 rooted (some 7days some 13 days). I'm also making oil, I love edibles and am excited to try a sativa cookie. (I have an awesome molasses cookie recipe that calls for oil.) If you want it ill post it somewhere. Thanks for your advice its well received you grew some awesome DQ looking forward to your smoke report. I'm going to let her go until day 70-75. I'm going to try "drowning" her for the next 4-5 days, Something about an awesome cure if you do it. These clones are going to be my 3rd grow and my "Tester" grow. Ill scrog two, I topped one already, I'm lsting one and at the end ones getting a flush, the other will be drowned, one will have nothing done to it, and the last one will be both drowned and flushed. :( gotta get more nuets here soon.
  • KaK likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hempy, DQ, tga, clones, perlite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users