I had ALL the necessary supplies at home minus worms, which i got 300 for $15.
2 5 gal buckets
1 lid - hole cut on top
1 piece of cheese cloth
1 net pot as a riser
bucket2.jpg 286.61KB 6 downloads
1) drill small holes in the bottom of the 5 gal bucket for drainage, big enough to drain, no so big that worms and crap will fall right out..
bucket1.jpg 307.11KB 5 downloads
2) put net pot upside down in first bucket without holes
bucket3.jpg 333.27KB 7 downloads
3) put 2nd bucket with holes into first bucket, the first bucket will catch precious ewwwwwwc juice...
bucket6.jpg 577.49KB 10 downloads
4) put a hole in the lid so the worms can breathe
5) put some cheese cloth in the way so flies and crap wont want to fly in..
i think you want an even ratio of brown and green matter, and some earth worms and that is it.
the earthworm box said they will eat their own weight in 24 h.
i plan to be pretty picky about what goes into the compost... ill be reading more on the subject and keeping you up to date on the progress.
so far theres only banana peels, old blueberries, and some coffee grounds, some old coco, cardboard box shreds...
i plan on using a lot of juicer remains, and have an excuse to eat more tropical fruit
here are some good links:
http://www.bokashi.c...kashi-works.htm (worm-less compost)
http://www.compostthis.co.uk/ (Can I compost this?)
http://organicgarden...tic-Buckets.htm (a tutorial i used)
http://www.diylife.c...composting-bin/ (a tutorial i used)
PLEASE GIVE ADVICE! this is a new experiment for me.