OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:21 AM

Black Bubble

(Black Widow x Bubblegum)

Here meet two heavyweights of the cannabis world. Black Widow is a thunderous strain from Mr. Nice and Bubblegum is known around the world as a predictable breeder, maker of dense nuggets of joy, and producing the sweetest bubblegum/cotton candy flavors.

So far this one is going really well. The structure is so squat and square I'm almost shocked. But I guess I shouldn't be considering I'm using a Bubblegum male. Bubblegum is known to have several homozygous dominant genes. If it is homozygous for the traits of squat and square and those traits are dominant then ALL of the F1's will share these traits.

Dominate Trait: Symmetrical square shape = S
Recessive Trait: Non-symmetrical non-square growth= s
Dominate Trait: Squat Growth = Q
Recessive Trait: Non-squat growth = q

BubbleGum = SSQQ
Black Widow= ssqq (example)

____ SQ _ _ _ _SQ

sq _ SsQq ___ SsQq

sq _ SsQq ___ SsQq

As you can see, all of the next generation will show symmetrical-square growth even if the other plant doesn't have that gene at all. The F2 would show many different phenos though.

Here's the little one:

Attached File  IMG_1213 (Copy).JPG   120.52KB   5 downloads Attached File  IMG_1215 (Copy).JPG   60.31KB   6 downloads Attached File  IMG_1218 (Copy).JPG   72.02KB   6 downloads Attached File  IMG_1537 (Copy).JPG   94.72KB   6 downloads

3/14

Attached File  IMG_1683 (Copy).JPG   127.21KB   6 downloads Attached File  IMG_1685 (Copy).JPG   112.03KB   6 downloads Attached File  IMG_1684 (Copy).JPG   98.18KB   4 downloads

Thanks for checking the project out, and let's look forward to some fun!

Edited by OniusOniusOnius, 21 March 2012 - 08:10 PM.

• bongbonghi, KaK, usstoner and 5 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 OrangeSkunk

OrangeSkunk

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:23 AM

Cool Onius, have you heard of Soma's White Light? I did run a cut of this same cross I got from Harborside, I probably did not do her right tho. Looks like another exciting cross to watch :)
  • bongbonghi, OniusOniusOnius, teddys head and 3 others like this

#3 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

Cool Onius, have you heard of Soma's White Light? I did run a cut of this same cross I got from Harborside, I probably did not do her right tho. Looks like another exciting cross to watch :)

Never heard of the White Light until now. Will check it out. Soma's got some good stuff from what I understand but I've also heard his low-end phenos are REALLY low-end. So I'm still up in the air on Soma genetics.

Thanks for the interest OS, glad to have you around.
  • bongbonghi, teddys head, OffDaBaba and 1 other like this

#4 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

I'll be tagging along too Onius since Sanny Clause just dropped some off to me.I can't wait to see how they turn out
  • OniusOniusOnius, teddys head, OffDaBaba and 1 other like this

#5 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:53 AM

Black Bubble
Day 27 since germ

Attached File  IMG_1710 (Copy).JPG   153.62KB   9 downloads Attached File  IMG_1711 (Copy).JPG   146.46KB   10 downloads Attached File  IMG_1714 (Copy).JPG   78.3KB   9 downloads

This plant has PERFECT structure. Well-spaced but tight. Lower branches almost reach top of plant making for an almost perfect square shaped bush after only topping once. A week or so has gone by since I took these pictures and I'm thinking it's time for a transplant, but there's no room in veg yet so it'll be on hold for a week. So far so great!

Edited by OniusOniusOnius, 30 March 2012 - 09:38 AM.

• Greenview, bongbonghi, teddys head and 3 others like this

#6 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

I'll be tagging along too Onius since Sanny Clause just dropped some off to me.I can't wait to see how they turn out

Oh joy BBH :lol:
I'm really looking forward to seeing you run this cross. I hope they turn out as good for you in real life as they look in my head ;)

Just transplanted my little one into a 2 gallon the other night. Should be showing "her" sex any time.
  • bongbonghi, teddys head, PoeticLife and 2 others like this

#7 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

Its a girl!

Finally some good news!

This lady is going into a 10 gallon pot and is fourth in line for bloom. We're gonna have a grow show here folks :)
  • bongbonghi, usstoner, teddys head and 3 others like this

#8 HenryFord

HenryFord

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

Congrats Onius!! on the girlie!! Should be a good one. HF
  • bongbonghi, usstoner, OniusOniusOnius and 3 others like this

#9 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

Congrats! on the girl now the real fun starts.
  • usstoner, OniusOniusOnius, teddys head and 3 others like this

#10 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

I'm also getting comfy and here to watch you do your magic!! Congrats on the girl :) Is the 10 gallon her final home or is it even larger? I'd need a forklift to move it around lol Best of luck, but luck has nothing to do with a magical garden does it? be well & be high! :D
  • bongbonghi, usstoner, OniusOniusOnius and 3 others like this

#11 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:41 AM

Congrats Onius!! on the girlie!! Should be a good one.
HF

Congrats! on the girl now the real fun starts.

Thanks much :) Let's see if she can live up to her parents' standard.

I'm also getting comfy and here to watch you do your magic!! Congrats on the girl :) Is the 10 gallon her final home or is it even larger? I'd need a forklift to move it around lol

Best of luck, but luck has nothing to do with a magical garden does it?

be well & be high!
:D

10 gallon is final home for all the girls I want to get big :) I've got little trays with rollers on them to move the girls from one room to the next. My back's not so good, and those little things are a life-saver.

Luck factors in for sure. I'm lucky to have some of the genetics I've collected :)
  • bongbonghi, usstoner, teddys head and 1 other like this

#12 usstoner

usstoner

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1728 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

Yea right on bro...a lady...woohoo...
  • bongbonghi, OniusOniusOnius, teddys head and 2 others like this

#13 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:45 AM

This girl has been in flower for a couple weeks now. Amazing structure for SCRoG. Light penetrates canopy perfectly as she sends up a huge number of strong well spaced stems. Getting a little stretchier than expected though, maybe a Black Widow pheno? Should be packing on the nug soon :)
  • bongbonghi, teddys head, OffDaBaba and 2 others like this

#14 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:38 AM

Holy crap... just took her down tonight and she is a goo MONSTER! High calyx-to-leaf ratio, so trim was quick and easy. For what was essentially a practice cross, this plant shows Black Bubble has serious potential as a successful F1.
  • bongbonghi and teddys head like this

#15 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

I really like hearing that OOO i'm glad she turned out good,she's on my list after the summer heat hope we get a smoke report too.Congrats on the harvest.
  • OniusOniusOnius and teddys head like this

#16 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:11 AM

wtg OOO enjoy your toke to come :oldhippy:

Health and happiness
  • OniusOniusOnius likes this

#17 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

So my first pheno is a super goo monster high yielding dream of a plant. It's one of the best plants in my garden. But I haven't tried any other phenos, and from the 1-4 keeper ratio the father (Bubblegum) has produced in other crosses, it looks like I got lucky and hit it one the first try with Black Bubble. Very little leaves but somehow still vegges fast, suggesting a high photosynthetic efficiency. Stretches 2-3x in bloom, making small plants end up quite large and high yielding. This is particularly useful in states with size/number restrictions. Growers can go from small plants to monster yields in no time. True 8 week strain. Can go at 7 but 8 is better for aroma/stone. High is strong and balanced. Clear thinking until you hit the third or fourth bong rip. Then things can get a little dreamy/sleepy/super stoned. Easy to grow, easy to harvest, easy to trim, easy to smoke, easy easy easy. Super gooey appearance it hard to miss. Smells like classic widow with a delightfully strange veggie smell. Counted as one of my early successes and everyone who can find beans of this transitional cross is highly suggested to sprout them and smoke the results.
  • Greenview likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Black Widow, Bubblegum, Black Bubble, Onius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users