OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:54 AM

Melon Ball

(Chocolope#2 x Bubblegum)

Welcome folks to the second installment of Onius Gear! This time I've taken my Chocolope keeper and tried to tame it a bit with a vigorous, well structured Bubblegum male. The mother produces dense nuggets with a very euphoric high and sweet anise/melon aroma. Aromas transfer to flavor nearly perfectly. Her only downsides were that she was too bushy. Producing too many branches which were too thin. Looking for the Bubblegum male to strengthen those up a bit and tame the number of shoots to make a plant with better structure.

Top of picture (more pics to come soon):

Attached File  IMG_1370 (Copy).JPG   142.92KB   4 downloads

Thanks to everyone in advance for talking a look and letting me know what ya think :)

• KaK, usstoner, teddys head and 5 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 OrangeSkunk

OrangeSkunk

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:19 AM

yum sounds like a fun hybrid. i dig the cannalope a lot and have some c13-haze seeds i want to run soon. look forward to seeing this cross :)
  • usstoner, OniusOniusOnius, teddys head and 4 others like this

#3 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

yum sounds like a fun hybrid. i dig the cannalope a lot and have some c13-haze seeds i want to run soon. look forward to seeing this cross :)

C13-haze you say? Sounds really nice! Is that a Cananalope Haze x G13 Haze from DNA? DNA is on my badass breeders list for sure.... along with TGA, Mr. Nice, and DJ short... as well as our local breeders of course!
  • KaK, usstoner, teddys head and 3 others like this

#4 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:37 AM

this one sounds very interesting to say the lest.... cant wait for a slot to open up here to get them in bro..... rock on brother.... KaK
  • usstoner, OniusOniusOnius, teddys head and 3 others like this

#5 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:03 AM

Melon Ball
Day 27 since germ

Attached File  IMG_1719 (Copy).JPG   146.84KB   15 downloads Attached File  IMG_1720 (Copy).JPG   124.84KB   17 downloads Attached File  IMG_1721 (Copy).JPG   79.92KB   14 downloads

Early on it appears the Bubblegum male has tamed the number of shoots produced :) But the stems still seem hollow and somewhat weak. Hopefully the shoots are at least somewhat stronger than the Chocolope; some strains don't harden their stems until a couple weeks into bloom... time will tell. Growth is healthy and fast, but plant was moved under MH from flouro room two weeks after the Black Bubble plant so it's a little behind in growth. This is not a vigor issue, but an issue of this plant not receiving as much light.

• KaK, usstoner, teddys head and 3 others like this

#6 HenryFord

HenryFord

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

Lookin good Onius!! This should be interesting results. Good grow to ya !! HF
  • KaK, usstoner, OniusOniusOnius and 2 others like this

#7 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

looking gr8 bro..... KaK
  • usstoner, OniusOniusOnius, teddys head and 2 others like this

#8 usstoner

usstoner

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1728 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

Yea looking very good...
  • KaK, OniusOniusOnius, teddys head and 2 others like this

#9 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

:party time: righto....got the popcorn....hey!...who nicked my empire strikes back beanbag! headshakesmiley.gif .... laserGP.gif muA
  • KaK, OniusOniusOnius, teddys head and 2 others like this

#10 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

Transplanted this one into a 2 gallon pot the other day. It still hasn't shown sex though. Thought it might be putting out male parts but now they look like half leaf/half female pre-sex. Time will tell for sure, crossing fingers.
  • teddys head, OffDaBaba, Scooby and 1 other like this

#11 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:00 AM

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

It's a male :(

That makes 10 out of my last 15.

So I planted another Melon Ball tonight :)

Edited by OniusOniusOnius, 13 April 2012 - 07:00 AM.

• usstoner, teddys head, OffDaBaba and 2 others like this

#12 usstoner

usstoner

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1728 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

that sucks....
  • OniusOniusOnius, teddys head, OffDaBaba and 2 others like this

#13 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

wishing some girlie magic on the latest melon ball.... sounds like you are due for ladies in the space! bet they'll be there before you know it. Be well and be high!
  • usstoner, OniusOniusOnius, teddys head and 2 others like this

#14 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

What the heck you doing to these plants OOO??? Makes me wonder if its something environmental. I know that's controversial, but its seems too crazy not to have a explanation. Hope your gifted with many beautiful girls in the near future bro. Keep your back to the wall. lol.

Nothing I'm doing different. 15 males over 10 different strains is WAAAAAAAAAAY too small a sample number to draw ANY conclusion from. I didn't pop more than two of any strain. 2/2 males means absolutely nothing other than I picked the wrong seeds. I'm always amazed when people draw a conclusion from 10 seeds. Flip a coin 10 times and you'll VERY often not get 5/5. Flip a coin 15 times... and every once in a while you'll get 10 tails. It's not until you compile 100 or 1000 seeds that you can make a real judgement.

Edited by OniusOniusOnius, 13 April 2012 - 08:16 PM.

• usstoner, teddys head, PoeticLife and 3 others like this

#15 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:51 AM

Well... it's official... I'm a total F-tard. The plant that I originally said was a girl... but then I was SURE was a male... is a female!

Ha! Talk about jumping the gun. Anyhoo, she's a big bush now, and is going into a 10 gallon any day now. Scheduled for bloom in less than a month.

Bubblegum male has done EXACTLY what I want so far :) The mother Chocolope it a MESS of tangled branches that can't hold themselves up at all. I have to trim 50%.. yes 50% of her vegetation off before I put her into bloom or else things get ugly. The hybrid Melon Ball, however, has had much stronger stems and her spacing is perfect instead of all bunched up like her mother.

Mother and daughter are right next to each other in veg and similar sizes. Mom Chocolope is going into bloom in just a night or two which means they'll be in bloom together as well. I'll make sure and get pictures of both of them so you can literally see how the Bubblegum has improved the structure.

Edited by OniusOniusOnius, 13 May 2012 - 05:09 AM.

• teddys head and OffDaBaba like this

#16 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:08 AM

woot woot that's great news OOO bigsmileythumbsup
we await your pics :rollone: smoke.gif :passit:

jobs a goodin rasta.nana.gif

Health and happiness
  • OniusOniusOnius and OffDaBaba like this

#17 xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx

THC- Transcendence Healing Cannabis

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2399 posts
  • LocationA place between Heaven and Hell when said in English

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

Hey Onius , where O could you be , this is a fun girl to smoke and grow .. Got one really nice lady here and she is all Thai and Bubble balanced well .. If your around again let me know and Ill show her .L8tr PotSnob
  • OniusOniusOnius and PoeticLife like this

#18 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

So Melon Ball is a great strain! It could be better though. The male Bubblegum I used passed on all the traits I wanted EXCEPT it's smell and a high enough frequency of mega-chron offspring. Rather than passing "bubblegum" flavor or smell, it's offspring have taken from Bubblegum's Afgani heritage, which smells more like funky socks... lol. The real trouble with this male is that for every one amazing goo monster he produces there are three average plants. That's a 1 in 4 keeper ration which is no where near good enough. Also, my selection of Chocolope wasn't very much like melon or chocolate. My Chocolope has a heavy anise/dank smell. So "Melon Ball" is not a good name for this cross. This cross doesn't really need a name though, as it's really just one stop on the genetic trail for the making of a true strain.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Onius, Chocolope, Bubblegum, Melon Ball

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users