OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:31 AM

Mulanje
Holy Smoke Seeds

Mulanje is a 100% sativa landrace from Mulanje Mountain in Malawi, Africa. It is suppose to produce phenos capable of 20% THC and is touted as the strongest weed in Malawi. Despite being 100% sativa, like many other's from Africa, Mulanje is suppose to produce hard, rounded buds. Strain descriptions claim strain possesses ability to cause hallucinations... we'll see

This should be a really fun one. Mulanje #1 has already been confirmed a female and has near perfect growth structure, thinner than normal leaves (sativa), and reasonable stretch. Big and vigorous! The other is still in it's 4 inch pot and in no condition for pictures. I've only transplanted #1 of the two so far and even it is being held back for a while in a one liter.

Beginning: (left-#1; right-#2)

Attached File  IMG_0798_Mulanje (Copy).jpg   125.48KB   9 downloads Attached File  IMG_1149 (Copy).JPG   198.59KB   9 downloads Attached File  IMG_1150 (Copy).JPG   172.58KB   10 downloads

Mulanje #1 on 3/2

Attached File  IMG_1500 (Copy).JPG   143.21KB   8 downloads Attached File  IMG_1501 (Copy).JPG   130.93KB   8 downloads Attached File  IMG_1502 (Copy).JPG   103.21KB   6 downloads Attached File  IMG_1503 (Copy).JPG   75.26KB   4 downloads

Mulanje #1 on 3/13 (hasn't grown much since; needs x-plant)

Attached File  IMG_1650 (Copy).JPG   123.09KB   11 downloads Attached File  IMG_1651 (Copy).JPG   97.57KB   18 downloads Attached File  IMG_1652 (Copy).JPG   65.09KB   15 downloads

Thanks for joining me on this journal of Africa genes

Edited by OniusOniusOnius, 21 March 2012 - 02:42 AM.

• Lucky_Cat, KaK, GoophyPhucker and 5 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

In the bean stash I've still got some Malawi Gold (the strain that made Malawi famous) and Mozambique Poison (purportedly the most visual of the three). These are all African landraces and I'll run separate thread for all of them eventually :)
  • Lucky_Cat, KaK, OffDaBaba and 1 other like this

#3 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21480 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Goody, I've always liked the African sativa's, will be watching.
  • Lucky_Cat, KaK, OniusOniusOnius and 1 other like this

#4 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:26 AM

Goody, I've always liked the African sativa's, will be watching.

Glad you'll be along KD :) African sativas are one of the lesser tapped gene pools in cannabis. I can't really see why either. They're hallucinogenic and provide spiritual type highs. We'll see if this stock has the goods :) Can't wait to start my Swazi, Malawi, and Mozambique.

Just transplanted this girl last night. Will get some pics up after she has a little growth spurt :lol:

Edited by OniusOniusOnius, 27 March 2012 - 02:48 AM.

• Lucky_Cat, KaK, KnuckleDragger and 2 others like this

#5 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

So she's been a little slower to restart growth after transplant than the bubblegum female. But she's getting greener and starting to go again :) Will throw her into a 10 gallon in 3-4 weeks.
  • Lucky_Cat, KaK, OffDaBaba and 1 other like this

#6 Lucky_Cat

Lucky_Cat

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9678 posts
  • Locationllanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

pulling up a chair for this one onious.. can remember smoking malawi way way back.. 1978 or there about.. looking fabbo... not sure on the hallucination abilities either.. was a nice smoke back then but dont remember ever tripping out on it and seeing shit that wasn't there... haven't come across that smoke yet ;)
  • OniusOniusOnius and OffDaBaba like this

#7 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

pulling up a chair for this one onious.. can remember smoking malawi way way back.. 1978 or there about.. looking fabbo... not sure on the hallucination abilities either.. was a nice smoke back then but dont remember ever tripping out on it and seeing shit that wasn't there... haven't come across that smoke yet ;)

Full-on hallucinations from weed are truly rare, and I wish to God that I knew the cannabinoid ratio/amounts to best induce them. I can say with pretty good confidence that daily smokers are likely never to find a strain that will make them trip. If you have a strong tolerance, smoking weed that would make a noob trip-out just makes you extra stoned. No big deal.

My evidence for this comes from several experiences from my young teens. One time in particular stands out. While smoking some weed imported from Hawaii (pre-9/11) with two friends late one night at a park I began to feel strange. I told the other two guys that I was going to head back to the house because I felt, "funny."

One of them was my age and the other was 6 years older (a lot at the time). I only smoked weed once a month or so back then. Both of them were daily smokers already, with high tolerances, so their reaction to my highness was, "yeah man, go home and grab a basketball!"

I was like, "I don't think I can make it back." They didn't believe me... and I was starting to suspect the weed had been laced or something. So I began walking home. When I had made it through the parking lot I thought I heard people calling my name back in the direction from which I had come. When I looked back, all of the sudden the image I was seeing of the parking lot twirled in on itself in a black vortex!

This scared me as I was quite young so I started to run... mistake. See, running makes your heart beat faster... which makes you higher. So when I looked down at my legs all I saw were tracers; couldn't even see the ground. I eventually made it home and spend the rest of the night drinking water and watching the walls wave and breathe.

To my astonishment the other guys didn't trip at all! If fact, they had waited for me to return with the basketball for a while. I found out when I heard people calling my name in the distance they were actually telling me not to forget the ball, ROLF!

P.S. If weed could be categorized as a single drug type (which it can't because it's a conglomeration of medicines) it would be a hallucinogen, not a depressant, not a stimulant. If you are truly honest with yourself, and have the presence of mind to detect the subtleties of you perception you will find that EVERY time you get you aren't seeing or hearing things exactly like they are. A philosopher might purport the same could be said for all of life though.
  • Lucky_Cat and OffDaBaba like this

#8 Dudz

Dudz

Freak of Nature

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

Nice healthy looking plant! Pulling up a chair :)
  • Lucky_Cat, KaK, OniusOniusOnius and 1 other like this

#9 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

Good News!

Mulanje #2 is a girl as well

2/2

After getting a total of 5 for 5 males on U2, Angel Heart, and Mind Bender I though I might be doing something wrong. But the girls just took a little longer to show up :)
  • Lucky_Cat and OffDaBaba like this

#10 Lucky_Cat

Lucky_Cat

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9678 posts
  • Locationllanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

Thats the best news Onny... meatloaf said 2 out of 3 aint bad.. 2/2 makes up some maybe for the incredible bad luck with 5/5 males mahn only other peeps I know who has achieved similar is spaceview... nice one on the 2 girls.

#11 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:47 AM

Thats the best news Onny... meatloaf said 2 out of 3 aint bad.. 2/2 makes up some maybe for the incredible bad luck with 5/5 males mahn only other peeps I know who has achieved similar is spaceview... nice one on the 2 girls.

A lot of people have tips and tricks for getting more females from seeds. I've dabbled with little success, but upon further reflection I see no need. I want my girls to be, and stay, GIRLS under all conditions. If they can't stay female after germination stress I don't really want them anyway.
  • KaK, Zoot and OffDaBaba like this

#12 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

humm wounder what ur thinking on doing with them....sweet..... KaK
  • OniusOniusOnius, OffDaBaba and HenryFord like this

#13 HenryFord

HenryFord

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Onius ,I am down with Africa strains,they sound very interesting to say the least. Good grow to you brutha! HF

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: landrace, Mulanje, Onius, Holy Smoke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users