OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

Azure Haze

(DJ Short)

Azure haze is a remake of Blue Dream from DJ Short using a father one step closer to the OG Blueberry. People have found AMAZING cuts from the Blue Dream. These cuts combine the best sweet vanilla blueberry flavors with stem-snapping yields and a head-thumping high. Apparently, the mother's an epic cut of Super Silver Haze from San Francisco crossed to Short's P4 Blueberry.

Please join me as I catalog my search for the keeper Azure Haze (bottom of pic).

Attached File  IMG_1370 (Copy).JPG   142.92KB   10 downloads

• bongbonghi, Turpene, KaK and 2 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

you have my attention, sounds great!

Thanks man. Not sure if people know how awesome this strain is yet. It's an unknown to most, but the fact that it's a DJ Short should be enough! I don't know if everyone on GP has seen a good cut of Blue Dream but I wasn't lying when I said they were epic. The best Blue Dream I've ever seen ranks as the best overall plant I've ever seen.

Thanks for swinging by ODB and I'm really looking forward to your threads :)
  • bongbonghi, Turpene, KaK and 5 others like this

#3 Scooby

Scooby

California State Certified MMJ Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

Hey, Onius! Blue Dream is, by far, one of my favorite strains to smoke. I'm subscribed to all of your new threads, but am watching this one with particular interest. I've never seen an experienced grower do a journal with this strain, so it oughta be fun to watch. Mucho good karma being sent in your direction!!! -Scoob
  • bongbonghi, Turpene, KaK and 4 others like this

#4 JBlaze

JBlaze

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationThe Garden of Blazen

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

I've heard great things of the blue dream cali genetic hard to find Subbed be watching this grow wish i could get a cut of BD good karma and luck - Jblaze
  • bongbonghi, Turpene, KaK and 5 others like this

#5 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

im in!!! lol i have a very nice blue dream cut.... go figure huh.. but now that's something i would be into try there brother my eyes r on this... nice choice... KaK
  • bongbonghi, Turpene, OniusOniusOnius and 4 others like this

#6 greenmama

greenmama

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationWestern NY

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

i'm watching, dreaming along!
  • bongbonghi, Turpene, OniusOniusOnius and 4 others like this

#7 FluffyBudz

FluffyBudz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationDAGO

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

One of my go to all day strains! Ive heard that mites love these, so stay vigilant. I cant wait to see how they turn out!
  • bongbonghi, Turpene, OniusOniusOnius and 3 others like this

#8 Turpene

Turpene

Cannasseur

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

ears perked
  • bongbonghi, KaK, OniusOniusOnius and 3 others like this

#9 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:00 AM

Hey, Onius! Blue Dream is, by far, one of my favorite strains to smoke ... I've never seen an experienced grower do a journal with this strain ... Mucho good karma being sent in your direction!!!

I agree, BD is incredible smoke! Experienced grower? Where? Who? I'll let you know when I find one ;)
Thanks for the karma :)

wish i could get a cut of BD good karma and luck

You and me both brotha'. The best Blue Dream cut was held by a guy one of my patients used to get medicine from before I became his caretaker. I asked the guy for it but he wasn't the sharing type... now he lost it... so no one has it. A story told a million times over...

lol i have a very nice blue dream cut.... go figure huh...

Of course you do! You have everything! ROLF!
  • bongbonghi, teddys head, OffDaBaba and 1 other like this

#10 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:05 AM

i'm watching, dreaming along!

Thanks for coming along for the ride :)

One of my go to all day strains! Ive heard that mites love these, so stay vigilant. I cant wait to see how they turn out!

Hmmmm... I'll look out for that. I wonder though, if the reputation is just from the cutting being passed around so frequently. I've seen some strains get a bad rap for mites because they are so common. Super-mites tend to thrive on cuts passed from one garden to the next.
I've got the little buggers around so we'll see if they go for the Azure first. I had been borg-free for about three months, but they just showed up on my White Siberian. Was gonna let it go 10 weeks but now cutting at 8; still bountiful though.

ears perked

Sorry mate, no audio for this grow journal. You'll have to perk those eyes too, lol ;)
  • bongbonghi, teddys head, OffDaBaba and 1 other like this

#11 Danksmith

Danksmith

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

thank you for logging this grow as ive wondered bout the azure from dj...... ive never ran his gear and would like to in the future..... Ill be watchin . good luck on your grow and show us what these gems got! shrugsmiley.gif ps we were tryin to come up with a name for the gq x jtr testers for sub on irc the other day.......royal ripper??lol and im lovin your stable..
  • bongbonghi, OniusOniusOnius, teddys head and 2 others like this

#12 OrangeSkunk

OrangeSkunk

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

From "Sativa" the new pot book... Azure Haze p18 JD Short of DJ Short Seeds, Canada Sativa Dominant Silver Haze x Blueberry Thc 17% legendsseeds.com greatcanadianseeds.com It definitely cannot be said the JD Short, son of superbreeder DJ Short, is living in the shadow of his father's work. With original strains such as this one, the shorter Short is showing that he has the potential to surpass his ol' pop and lead the way in creating phenomenal hybrids, like this one, Azure Haze. A blend of his father's famous Blueberry male and Silver Haze female cut from the Bay Area, this sativa-dominant strain is much like Blue Dream, but one generation closer to the Blueberry landrace generation. Like its Silver Haze parent, Azure Haze exhibits very uniform growth patterns and shorter stature than many sativa-dominant plants, making it a great choice for indoor or greenhouse cultivation. This is an interesting plant that might best suit a grower with some experience. The breeder suggest a flowering time of 9 to 10 weeks, and a long curing process will bring out the flavors even more, so try to keep your hands off your stash. Haze has been called one of the most powerful pure sativas in the world, and the strength of the high certainly has been preserved through the generations. The taste of blueberry fruit gives way to a deeply cerebral and hard-hitting high that tends towards the psychedelic and shows why this strain is going to command a lot of attention.
  • bongbonghi and OniusOniusOnius like this

#13 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

I have never tried blue dream that's ok maybe someday.I'm following along to watch you on your quest to find the keeper pheno Onius
  • OniusOniusOnius and OffDaBaba like this

#14 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

Finally threw this plant into the main veg room and into a 1 liter pot. This little one was held back for a while in the seedling room but is going strong now. I just realized I haven't put up a picture of her for a long time. She's not too big yet so maybe a pic in a few days ;)
  • OffDaBaba likes this

#15 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:11 AM

This planted stays green no matter what! Very stress and nutrient resistant; a tough girl. Has somewhat stretched stems that appear perfect for Scrog. Just threw her into a 2 or 3 gallon. Will throw up some pics when things get interesting :)
  • OffDaBaba likes this

#16 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

Eternally late it seems :D muhahaha Where's my popcorn?! :D :toking: muA
  • OniusOniusOnius likes this

#17 Transcendence

Transcendence

South of Heaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationUnder the Sun, High watchng the Waves

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

Very cool Onius- I have never had a dj/jd genetic.... Always interested in you choices. PeAcE!
  • OniusOniusOnius and OffDaBaba like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Azure, DJ Short, Onius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users