Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo

Rooster's Blueberry, The Purps, And Aurora Grow.

rooster blueberry purps aurora advanced nutrients smart pots soil soil-less purple kush

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Rooster

Rooster

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThree Oaks, MI

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

Hello Gp Rooster here ready to show what I got. Current grow is a multiple room monthly harvesting perpetual. We run a veg/clone room and 2 flower rooms. Full set up details can be found in my "introduce yourself" thread. Ok so we have been growing clones for a few years now and decided to get some regular sex seeds and start some new strains. Our first grow after the usual bag seed try was with nirvava seeds Aurora and Bubblicious. After getting some great clones here in Michigan we let them go. Think we had bad phenos. So here we are years later and still getting asked all the time if we were ever getting aurora back. So we did lol. This time we bought reg seeds instead of fem (had to learn the hard way) so I am sure we will end up with a better yielding more stable pheno this time. At the moment this grow is already along quit a bit but I will catch up quickly. Thanks for tuning in hope someone gets something useful from this as I have gotten so much use from others. So here we go. These are the seed packs to get us started.

Attached Files

• Bueller, bongbonghi, teddys head and 3 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

let the show commence Posted Image

nice selection m8 Posted Image

Health and happiness
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, SirStickybuds and 2 others like this

#3 Rooster

Rooster

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThree Oaks, MI

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

I am just gonna roll them out as if they were in real time lol. We started by soaking the seeds in distilled drinking water for around 18 hours. The blueberry was the first to show a root tip. Followed by the purps then aurora. After the soak we germinated them with the paper-towel method. If your not familiar you basically put the seeds folded up in a wet papertowel somewhere warm and dark until the tap root gets around a 1/2 inch or so. Took these girls around 32 hours for them to all be ready. Then they were sowed in root riot cubes. Here they are popping up to live. This time it was blueberry, aurora then the purps. So i cant figure out how to add more pictures so will get back to this later I guess

#4 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

hey up m8 :)

way i add pics is go to "choose file"

find your pic on your pc hit "open" , "then attach this file "

hope this helps if not let us know and we'll try our best to sort it guitar.gif
Health and happiness
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, SirStickybuds and 2 others like this

#5 Rooster

Rooster

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThree Oaks, MI

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

ok figured it out lol.

Attached Files

#6 Rooster

Rooster

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThree Oaks, MI

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

one more. It wont let me upload more than 4mb per post so will do it this way for now

Attached Files

#7 Rooster

Rooster

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThree Oaks, MI

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

Hey everyone hope you are all enjoying the sun. We have not seen much of it for a while and it feels amazing on my face today even if its only 32 degrees out. Anyway I am gonna try to get up to date as fast as I can and still give some info. We germinated 32 seeds and right now ended up with 26 survivors in veg. 8 out of 10 Blueberry. 8 out of 10 Aurora and 10 out of 12 The Purps. Gotta love numbers like that. Now lets hope the luck continues for a shit ton of females. After these girls showed strong root systems they went into 32oz solo cups filled with sunshine mix4 and back under the T-5. This was 12 days after soaking. I didn't get any photos of all of them at this stage but I am sure you have all seen seedlings in solo cups before lol. So I will just get to the next phase in this grow in this same reply. 10 days later they were already ready for bigger pots. We don't like to let them grow any circles in the bottom before transplanting. We put the best 21 into #1 nursery pots and the other 5 stayed in the solo cups for a bit to get bigger and save room. 21 of these pots is just right for the 8 bulb 4ft T-5. Also noticed some purple on the undersides of the purps fan leaves when we put them into the solo cups so we started the feeding schedule at 5ml of sensi grow A&B and 10ml of microbrew per gallon of water with a PH of 6.8.

Attached Files

• bongbonghi, teddys head, SirStickybuds and 2 others like this

#8 Rooster

Rooster

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThree Oaks, MI

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

Looks like I have exceeded my upload limit for the day maybe so will have to continue later. The one pic that did upload is about were I like them to be when I transplant. Thanks for watchin Rooster

#9 Rooster

Rooster

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThree Oaks, MI

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

Ok got some room and I figured out how to resize my photos in my down time lol. So I told Y'all I was new to this posting stuff lmfao. Anyway here are the girls in their #1 pots under the T-5. A side notethe aurora was growing above ground better than the other 2 but under ground its root system was less developed than the other 2 strains. At this stage I prefer root growth myself how about you guys?

Attached Files

#10 Rooster

Rooster

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThree Oaks, MI

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

Ok the next step in our process is to use the Subcool topping method. As soon as these girls had 5nodes I cut the top 2 or 3 off depending on the condition of the lowest node. On some plants the lowest node didnt have a healthy enough leaf to leave only 2 nodes so they have 3. The purps is a super short strain. If you look at the pics they are only half the hieght but with the same amount of nodes. Just awesome tight formation like I have never seen before. They have 5 nodes in only like 2 or 3 inches of stalk. So heres some pic of the girls after the cut. It takes a good 2 days for growth to start back up but its worth it trust me. So just to give a idea of groth rates we soaked on Feb 2 and had 5 nodes and topped on the 29th. Just checked our notes and on Feb 29th right before topping the auroras were 4-6 inches tall, the purps were 3-4.5 in tall and the blueberries were between 4 and 6

Attached Files

#11 Rooster

Rooster

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThree Oaks, MI

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

On 3/3/12 we transplanted the babies into 3 gallon nursery pots under the 600w MH. This was ! month from soaking. Right on schedule. This will bring us up to date for this part of our grow. You can check out whats going on in the flower rooms on y other threads. Thanks for stickin in there I think things will be smooth sailing from now on. Not trying to caught up anymore lol. So hesres a pic of the girls right after transplant, and a few from right now icludung close ups of my stars from each strain,order is blueberry,aurora,purps. Also a preview of whats going on in flower room 1. Peace

Attached Files

#12 FarmerLiz

FarmerLiz

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

Lovely pics, lovely plants! I'll be watching from the background...
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, teddys head and 2 others like this

#13 Rooster

Rooster

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThree Oaks, MI

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

Ok so I have one more room/grow going on to post that just started flower week 4 yesterday. I think I will probably get to it another day. So now that this one is up to date I will try to post something daily when possible and with more detail. Thanks for stickin in there with me. The Purps was my pick last seed order and my wife picked the Blueberry so of course a lil competition arose. So today I went through to check up on all the veggies and noticed that the purps were really crowded with their tight node patteren. So I took out the old snippers and went to work on them. Afetr cutting away a couple large fan leaves that were blocking up almost the whole plant I noticed that the shorter plants that I left 3 nodes on now have 6 tops all at even height. It is awesome and I am sure that she will beat out the blueberry lmfao. But with the good always comes a lil bad. I noticed a couple of the purps have a strange curling going on I have not run across before. Any suggestions? I will post the purps super 6 toppers first, 1 of the stuff I cut off the super purps and then the trouble girls will be the last ones. Thanks guys, Rooster

Attached Files

• Bueller, bongbonghi, teddys head and 2 others like this

#14 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

I'm glad I caught this one at the beginning.I'll be watching the aurora to see how she will fit in my box thanks for sharing
  • Bueller, teddys head, SirStickybuds and 1 other like this

#15 Rooster

Rooster

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThree Oaks, MI

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

Good choice bong this is our second time with the aurora. Let it go once and had tons of requests to get it back
  • Bueller, SirStickybuds and OffDaBaba like this

#16 Rooster

Rooster

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThree Oaks, MI

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

Hey everyone. So we had a problem with some leaves getting rusty colored spots on them. We have always had good city water and only used a cheap filter from Lowes for our water. With this well water I decided to finally go RO. I will be making a step by step thread to putting in a Hyrdologics Stealth RO100 in our extra stand-up shower after I update my journals starting with this one. The girls are doing great and will get their first watering with the new RO water and Advanced Nutrients Cal/Mag Grow. Will let ya all know how they liked it tomorrow. So here is a pick of them all today on day 37 from soaking.There are to many to list daily so I will just post family photos and my favorite from each strain. As they show sex I will post individual photos of them all. Todat my favorite Aurora was 10 inches , Blueberry 9 inches, and Purps 7 inches. You can see how branchy they all are with this topping method. I will post them in the same order I listed the heights in. Will put one of the completed RO set up too. See ya tomorrow

Attached Files

#17 Rooster

Rooster

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThree Oaks, MI

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

Day 38. Ok last night after the ro built up enough water I feed these girls with a full strength dose of veg nutes. With the addition of the RO we also had the add Cal/mag grow and Cal/mag Bloom from Advanced to our line up. Keep this in mind when making the decision to go RO. You need to add Cal/mag at every watering not just at feeding. So back to the girls. They LOVED it the curl is coming out of the leaves and the Biggest Aurora shot up a full 1 1/2 inches over night. The others grabbed a full inch each. So here they all are and some of each strain again. They are branching great with thick arms reaching for the light. Also 2 Blueberries are starting to show pre-flowers. Cant tell which sex yet but they are there. Fingers crossed for a bunch of females and one super male per strain. I am going to try to collect some pollen from each strain for future breeding projects. When I have better funds and more time I plan to build a room just like this veg room with 2 hids for breeding. Its gonna be sweet I am super excited. Especially after watchin Subs latest Weed Nerd in which he pollinates some Plushberry for his personal med garden. Its pretty cool. Anyway here they are. Hope to turn them over on the 20th for the first night of darkness. Order this time goes Aurora, Purps, blueberry. See Ya, Rooster

Attached Files

• Bueller, strider, teddys head and 2 others like this

#18 strider

strider

Calif. Caregiver

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • LocationLeft Coast

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

Looks like ya got em whipped into submission, Rooster. Going to keep an eye on this for sure.

#19 Rooster

Rooster

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThree Oaks, MI

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

Yep they are seeming pretty happy. Thanks Strider Pretty big for only 38 days after soaking imho. And serious topping at a very young age lol.

Edited by Rooster, 11 March 2012 - 09:44 AM.

#20 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

Good show Rooster! Fine looking herd and all sorted! Hope the RO unit serves you well... great choice! Peace! Pete
  • teddys head and SirStickybuds like this

#21 Rooster

Rooster

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThree Oaks, MI

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

Thanks a ton Pete we work hard and I think it really pays off lol.
  • teddys head, OffDaBaba and Scooby like this

#22 Rooster

Rooster

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThree Oaks, MI

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hey everyone found my first male today on day 40. It was a blueberry and unfortunately it was the beauty pictured earlier in the thread :angry: . So here is the next best blueberry lol. I will still keep them all until they are showing a bit better just to be sure. There were about 8 plants this morning showing preflowers starting to pop out. Only the one had a profound ball on a stem. So I hope in the next few days we can start weeding the males out to the edge and let the ladies have some space. Its getting crowded in there. This room is usually meant for 16 clones in 3 gallon smart pots. But with the new strains and regular seeds I figured I better up that a bit. I do have a few clones growing on the sideline also. Just incase we end up with less than 16 females. So first pics are of the room closed up. The corners are used as vents to bring the cooler air lower to the ground into the room and they have screens to keep things clean. They lil bits under the T-5 are the next girls inline to veg after these seed girls. Group shot then first plant is Aurora and she is 14 1/4 inches today. Then the Purps at 10 1/2inches and then the Blueberry at 15 1/2inches. They are making me soooo proud lmfao. Anyone got guesses? Think they will be ready for flower by Next tuesday the 20th/ I think so well I am really hoping so lol. See ya later GP

Attached Files

• teddys head, SirStickybuds, OffDaBaba and 1 other like this

#23 berniebud3

berniebud3

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMICHIGAN

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

HEY ROOSTER Looking good guitar.gif I got 4 blueberry bushy -- 3ft tall see all sign of pre flowering -- turning 1000 w hp on 12/12 organic soil-- 6x6 room-----------any advice ??? nailbiting.gif laserGP.gif ROCKS

#24 Rooster

Rooster

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThree Oaks, MI

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hey everyone. I got so wrapped up in the flower girls and the weather outside that I just slacked off on my threads and photo taking. The babies are huge now and have not shown their sex as I hoped. Some have without a doubt but others are being shy lol. The bad news is that this run was a bad idea. These things out grew the space way before I could sex them and get them down to the top 16. So here I am needing something to flower and these things are stretched out like crazy due to lack of room and light. And I bet they wont be ready to flower for a week. Oh well one week wont kill me I guess lmfao. So for the time being they are in the flower room I just harvested spread out under 3-600mh and I am gonna put them in tomato cages due to the weak branches also caused by the bunching. I have never used these before but as long as they dont rust too bad I think they will help yield a ton. So anyway I will go take a few photos of them today and post them in just a few minutes.

#25 Rooster

Rooster

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThree Oaks, MI

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hey Bernie thanks for the kind words. My advice would be to just love them and treat them right and it sounds like you should have a great grow on your hands. Would love to see your girls. Also what brand of blueberry are you runnin? Oh yeah and if you have not already then top those beauties before flipping the lights on them. I read blueberry needs topped to get a good yield out of her.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rooster, blueberry, purps, aurora, advanced nutrients, smart pots, soil, soil-less, purple, kush

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users