• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Awakenconcious

Awakenconcious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

Hello! Alli here and I am super excited to start my first grow ever! It will be a hempy grow. I am running a two tent set up, one for vegging the other for flowering. I also have a little grow cabinet I previously purchased that I am using for starting seeds and clones. I am using 100% perlite and bag seed initially. Not sure what it is, but as I become more confident and more informed I will be using sour diesel seeds I was given from a friend. Tomorrow evening I will have a break down of the set up as well as pics. Thanks everyone that helped me get started especially KD!!
  • Bueller, KnuckleDragger and SirStickybuds like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Awakenconcious

Awakenconcious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

Ok sorry for the delay but I have pics of my lil ones! The first 4 pics are of by bag seed and the last 4 are my sour diesel seeds These are all seperate plants, i am not sure if the two in the middle will make it. Next my sour diesel on day 2 in rockwool: After these have their second set of leaves I will transfer them to their hempy cups!

Attached Files

Edited by Awakenconcious, 28 February 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#3 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21196 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

It's a start, biggest thing is patience. Looks like your light might need to be a bit closer, looks like their trying to stretch.
  • GoophyPhucker likes this

#4 Awakenconcious

Awakenconcious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

ok here are pics from today and I have moved the light to about a foot away from them.

Attached Files

Edited by Awakenconcious, 29 February 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#5 GoophyPhucker

GoophyPhucker

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

Ola Awakenconcious,
Nice start to learn about hempy growin... :woohoo:
I have been using hempy style for about 5 years now.
I would highly recommend adding about 15% vermiculite or coco coir to your perlite.

#6 chow

chow

cannasseur

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
  • Locationknee deep in a bowl of rice

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

Ola Awakenconcious,
Nice start to learn about hempy growin... :woohoo:
I have been using hempy style for about 5 years now.
I would highly recommend adding about 15% vermiculite or coco coir to your perlite.

woohoo :woohoo:

...love to see new hempy growers. if you have any questions, just ask gp or myself.

note: i too recommend at least a 15% mix (no more than 25%) of verm or coco. ...helps with water retention and keeps the roots happy.

also, make sure you're ph'n the inbound and checking the outbound. ...that's what tends to get new hempy growers. you want both to between 5.8-6.2

rock it, rock it hard!

chow
  • GoophyPhucker likes this

#7 Awakenconcious

Awakenconcious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

Thanks for the advice, I will be adding more pics soon. How would I add coco to the cups without harming the plant? or should I just add it when I move them to the actual buckets? Also how do I know when it is time to move them into the buckets and in to the tent set up?

#8 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21196 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

Add it when you go to your larger pots though coco isn't absolutely necessary it will help to hold water. When to up pot is kind of a guessing game but I'd say two weeks as a general guess.

#9 GoophyPhucker

GoophyPhucker

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

Just add the coco to your mix when you pot them up. I like to take them from their "Red Solo Cup" starts to their 3 or 5 Gal Hempy/IRB finish homes. I like them to have a good rootball when I transplant them to the bigger buckets, so I have kept them in their start cups for up to a month, but can be switched up in 10 dayz to 2 weeks IMHO......

#10 Desiderata

Desiderata

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3096 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

It looks like a great start, Awake! Are you planning on using the roots? The reason I ask is that I did notice we got a proportionately large root mass for the size of the plant from a hempy pot. Not to mention it was much easier to clean the hempy mix out of the roots that it was to work the soil out. There is magical medicine in every speck of these plants! Happy Hempy amigo!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hempy, hydro, perlite, first grow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users