#1 davephilip

davephilip

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Locationnorthern california

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

How much rainwater is too much? with natures amount of rainwater is it stupid to wonder weather mj plants will get too much? the following is a record of the mm of rainfall in my area May Jun July Aug Sep Oct 76mm 78mm 77mm 91mm 101mm 77mm thnk you for any feedback

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx

THC- Transcendence Healing Cannabis

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts
  • LocationA place between Heaven and Hell when said in English

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

It all depends on many variables youll find , light , temps , strains ect .. But when rain is in excess it can be a disaster for flowering plants .. Fungus is more likely to attack when its damp and wet ... I wish I could help you more but theres so many variables and the most critical that comes to my mind is drainage , if the plants have poor drainage a hard rain can drown them and continous rain can do the same even when drainage is moderate . . So have fun and do what you have to there in order to harvest , many people come up with a method to fight the odds of nature .............PPS
  • HenryFord and Redcap like this

#3 davephilip

davephilip

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

It all depends on many variables youll find , light , temps , strains ect .. But when rain is in excess it can be a disaster for flowering plants .. Fungus is more likely to attack when its damp and wet ...

I wish I could help you more but theres so many variables and the most critical that comes to my mind is drainage , if the plants have poor drainage a hard rain can drown them and continous rain can do the same even when drainage is moderate . .

So have fun and do what you have to there in order to harvest , many people come up with a method to fight the odds of nature .............PPS

thank you for the advice, ill make sure the ground is able to be drained well, and if i have to near the end i will varvest at any site of mold, as long as there is more sun than rain i should be good im guessing

#4 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21658 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

People who grow vegatables for market in high rain area's often use plastic covers during rain events use plastic to cover their more delicate crops.
  • Redcap likes this

#5 Dudz

Dudz

Freak of Nature

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:34 PM

I live in Western Oregon, where it also rains a lot. As long as you have ample drainage in your soil, it shouldn't cause a problem there. Use lots of coarse Perlite if you have to.

The main problems you will face are powdery Mildew and Botrytis (budrot). You would be well off to build some form of greenhouse over the garden. Many people in my area build them out of PVC pipe and visqueen (link provided as a reference only, I have not done business with the supplier and am not recommending them).

Here is an example of one.
http://www.albertaho...yle-greenhouse/

Edited by Dudz, 09 February 2012 - 01:35 PM.

• Redcap likes this

#6 davephilip

davephilip

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

I live in Western Oregon, where it also rains a lot. As long as you have ample drainage in your soil, it shouldn't cause a problem there. Use lots of coarse Perlite if you have to.

The main problems you will face are powdery Mildew and Botrytis (budrot). You would be well off to build some form of greenhouse over the garden. Many people in my area build them out of PVC pipe and visqueen (link provided as a reference only, I have not done business with the supplier and am not recommending them).

Here is an example of one.
http://www.albertaho...yle-greenhouse/

thank you all for the input, where the plant will be can be suseptible to theives, so if i attracked attention by a greenhouse my work medicine will be gone, maybe if i put clear plastic over the bud somehow?

Edited by davephilip, 09 February 2012 - 04:37 PM.

#7 Dudz

Dudz

Freak of Nature

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

thank you all for the input, where the plant will be can be suseptible to theives, so if i attracked attention by a greenhouse my work medicine will be gone, maybe if i put clear plastic over the bud somehow?

just be careful. You don't want to do anything that will impede upon airflow through the foliage and especially to the buds themselves. Reduced airflow will add to the problem.
  • davephilip and Redcap like this

#8 davephilip

davephilip

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

just be careful. You don't want to do anything that will impede upon airflow through the foliage and especially to the buds themselves. Reduced airflow will add to the problem.

lol well ill hope for the dry days to even it off, and hope for the best without anything over it

Edited by davephilip, 09 February 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#9 shadowgrower

shadowgrower

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSEUSA

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

I really wanted to use my areas rain water but it is at 8.2 and I just dont wanna mess with trying to adjust that ya know.lol Peace Shadow

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rain, water, light, plants, outdoor, grwoing, weather, mj, nature, toomuch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users