#1 davephilip

davephilip

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Locationnorthern california

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:07 AM

If seedlings are sprouted under a flourescent then after 2 says old moved outdoor can i transplant without hardening off, will they be as strong as if i were to germinate then sprout outside? I cannot grow indoor so cloning is no option please help this is my first post, guitar.gif shrugsmiley.gif
  • jangel, Bueller, Itinkso and 2 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:12 AM

Ola! No hardening off will be needed for freshly germinated seedlings... Pop em, get em up and move em out.... Peace! Pete
  • jangel, Itinkso, teddys head and 2 others like this

#3 davephilip

davephilip

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

Ola!

No hardening off will be needed for freshly germinated seedlings...

Pop em, get em up and move em out....

Peace!
Pete

the freshly indoor sprouted seedlings wont die outsied from being too weak>?

Edited by davephilip, 07 February 2012 - 08:56 AM.

• jangel, Bueller, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#4 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

You need to have them in a protected space for the new ones. Also, if you grow them say for a few weeks to a month inside then move them out, they will survive much better. I grow under florescents for new starts and start months before hand..then I put the lights on 12/12 (12 hrs on and 12 off) in order for the plants to show sex. Then you get rid of the males, and move them to a protected space. It might make them slow down for a short time, but they soon catch up and this way you will not have seeded plants. J
  • Bueller, Itinkso, teddys head and 2 others like this

#5 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

As long as the ambient temperature outside is good for growing,,,, with only a couple days from coming out of the soil.... if your indoor and outdoor temps are in the 70's it is the same as sowing the seeds outdoor,. they have yet to acclimate to indoor conditions and are in their native state from the beginning... Start them in cups, take the cups out and put them in the soil until the roots develop... put drain holes in the bottom of the cups... Bury the cups loosely in the soil where you want them to grow... shield from direct sun for a day... after 2 weeka or so, pull the cups and look for roots out the drain holes.... At that time, transplant into the preformed holes in your soil and you are off... Again,,,, the growing conditions outside must be condusive to growing if you are putting them out.... Peace And as J said... ya still will have to sex ...
  • jangel, Itinkso, teddys head and 2 others like this

#6 davephilip

davephilip

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:27 AM

As long as the ambient temperature outside is good for growing,,,, with only a couple days from coming out of the soil.... if your indoor and outdoor temps are in the 70's it is the same as sowing the seeds outdoor,. they have yet to acclimate to indoor conditions and are in their native state from the beginning...

Start them in cups, take the cups out and put them in the soil until the roots develop... put drain holes in the bottom of the cups...

Bury the cups loosely in the soil where you want them to grow... shield from direct sun for a day... after 2 weeka or so, pull the cups and look for roots out the drain holes....

At that time, transplant into the preformed holes in your soil and you are off...

Again,,,, the growing conditions outside must be condusive to growing if you are putting them out....

Peace

And as J said... ya still will have to sex ...

lets say there was a spot with 6 random seedlings, wouldnt there be more than enough time to distinguish between male and femal before the sacs open up?

what do u think of sprouting them under a flourescent inside for 2 days then moving them outside under a tree for 2 days then transplanting them into the ground soil with perlite ph the water and add 1/8 of the regular vegitation nutes?

thank you pete and j angel for the input, i appreciate it

Edited by davephilip, 08 February 2012 - 04:46 AM.

• Itinkso likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sprouting seedling, herden off, outdoor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users