Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts
  • LocationGreat Lakes Region

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:23 AM

Day 51 Bloom

Well now for the past two weeks I have been hitting the girls hard on nutes. I have been watering with plain well water & feeding once a week at 6.5pH & 1700-1800 ppm. I am now in the last few days for her so I will only be watering from here on out. I have added Roots Organics HPK (0-5-4) to their feedings as a K booster, and they liked it, a lot.

Picture update

Attached File  IMG_0706.JPG   226.34KB   19 downloads Attached File  IMG_0707.JPG   231.1KB   28 downloads Attached File  IMG_0709.JPG   141.41KB   31 downloads Attached File  IMG_0710.JPG   255.1KB   33 downloads Attached File  IMG_0713.JPG   147.04KB   29 downloads Attached File  IMG_0742.JPG   238.79KB   28 downloads Attached File  IMG_0744.JPG   246.9KB   21 downloads Attached File  IMG_0747.JPG   234.66KB   19 downloads Attached File  IMG_0748.JPG   332.32KB   14 downloads

• Tokecrazy, jangel, Greenview and 4 others like this

#80 Scooby

Scooby

California State Certified MMJ Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

Looks beautiful, Zoot! Job well done, man. Can't wait to see how see looks when you put her on the chopping block. You gonna do any kind of smoke test with bottom buds or anything like that? I'm reallllly interested in the smoke report on this one. Will be watching.... -Scoob
  • Tokecrazy, jangel, teddys head and 4 others like this

#81 Zoot

Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

After 63 days of bloom it was time for the girls to come down. I didn’t notice any major difference between the two girls aside from their height, one stood at 42” and the other 38”. I find the buds to be dense & heavy with a smell like some orange musky skunk. But not so much like skunk just a musky like orange. Maybe close to a rotten orange? Anyway, an amazing smell with impressive resin amounts & color. The plant naturally will bush out & provide even distribution of buds of the same size/ density. The trichomes were nearly perfect, with a sprinkling of clears amongst mostly cloudy & champagne/amber-colored heads. That’s all for now, be back with a smoke report in a few weeks, until then keep cool. (EDIT) Forgot the pictures... Attached File  DSC03453.JPG   120.6KB   34 downloads Attached File  DSC03454.JPG   205.44KB   40 downloads Attached File  DSC03455.JPG   229.82KB   38 downloads Attached File  DSC03456.JPG   123.23KB   28 downloads

Edited by Zoot, 02 June 2012 - 01:23 PM.

• Tokecrazy, jangel, Greenview and 6 others like this

#82 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

Very awesome grow Zoot. I have some I am sexing now for growing outdoors. Should be interesting! Once I sex them, will clone and put back to veg for outdoor growing....I am very stoked! J
  • Tokecrazy, bongbonghi, teddys head and 4 others like this

#83 FarmerLiz

FarmerLiz

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

Wow, really beautiful plants.Nice job, I'm also looking forward to a smoke report!
  • Tokecrazy, bongbonghi, teddys head and 4 others like this

#84 Zoot

Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

Very awesome grow Zoot.

I have some I am sexing now for growing outdoors.

Should be interesting! Once I sex them, will clone and put back to veg for outdoor growing....I am very stoked!

J

I have three clones outside, put in the ground back on 4/20/12. Two are looking great. I look forward to seeing them outside as well.
  • Tokecrazy, bongbonghi, teddys head and 3 others like this

#85 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:16 AM

big fluffy mountain tops Zoot :oldhippy:

enjoy !!!!! :passit:

Health and happiness
  • Tokecrazy, bongbonghi, Zoot and 3 others like this

#86 Scooby

Scooby

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

That's some beautiful stuff, Zoot! You did a fantastic job. After seeing what you pulled off, I've got Jillybean checked off as one I'm going to have to buy. Can't wait to hear your smoke report. Hope it lives up to its reputation. Congrats, man! -Scoob
  • Tokecrazy, teddys head, Zoot and 3 others like this

#87 Zoot

Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:34 AM

That was only the small one pictured, Scoob. I lost the pics of the bigger one. But so far it looks like I'll pull 2oz+ off each girl, heavy producer for sure. The jar smells like a candy store, just sweet, sugar candy odor with a hint of orange.
  • Tokecrazy, teddys head, PoeticLife and 3 others like this

#88 GarageGrower

GarageGrower

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

Nice buds you grew there Zoot. Enjoy smokin em.
  • Tokecrazy, Zoot, PoeticLife and 2 others like this

#89 SweetCheebs

SweetCheebs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationU.S. of Assholes

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

Today I will be starting out my Jilly Beans.

So here is the run down:

Sex: Reg
Type: Sativa / Indica 60/40
Flowering: Photoperiod
Genetics: Unknown Orange Skunk x Romulan x Cindy99
Flowering Time: 8 weeks
Height: Short & Stocky
THC Level: 11.52%
Characteristics: Extremely up beat and happy buzz great for depression and bad days.

Soil - FFOF mixed with FFLW (2:1)
Nutrient - Floranova Series (Grow & Bloom)
Well Water (out of the ground 300 – 384 PPM / 7 – 7.5pH) good stuff & no rust rings…

I started off with 5 seeds in Rapid Rooters on 1/30/12 & as of this morning 2/2/12 all 5 popped, only 3 days; hell of a great start. Once rooted I will transplant into a 1 gal. sq. pots. photos to come.

Hey Zoot, shit looks good, :drool:
I have a question about your water. The water out of my well is similiar in ppm (349 as of this month / ph 7.6) and I've never had a problem with the high TDS affecting the nutrient intake of my plants until recently, I think. lol A new batch of plants I have going now are showing signs of what I thought to be a water related disorder since there are a host of different deficiencies (magnesium being the main problem) and I hadn't changed soil or fertilizer but knew my well water was getting progressively harder each year, I thought maybe the time had finally come for me to become a "water farmer" as Scoobs put it and get a damn RO unit, but after noticing your ppm rating I might want to reconsider.

Damn I am long winded lol

Anyway, I was wondering if you had your individual mineral ppm counts handy. My cal. count is 73 ppm and mag. is 40 ppm, the only other one the laboratory listed with any signifigance was sodium which was 4 ppm. Are these close to your levels? Or do you know if the high calcium rating may be interferring with my magnesium intake? Thanks.
  • Tokecrazy, Zoot, HD96 and 1 other like this

#90 Zoot

Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

Anyway, I was wondering if you had your individual mineral ppm counts handy. My cal. count is 73 ppm and mag. is 40 ppm, the only other one the laboratory listed with any signifigance was sodium which was 4 ppm. Are these close to your levels? Or do you know if the high calcium rating may be interferring with my magnesium intake? Thanks.

Sorry to say, but I don't have any counts on my water for you. I just fill up a few 5 gallon water jugs and then toss in an air stone to bubble the water. I do this to remove any negative gasses that might be in the water like Radon, Chlorine or Chloramines. Also, aerating the water increasing the oxygen level, this benefits the micro life in the water & your soil. Remember, calcium is an important determinant of water harness, and it also functions as a pH stabilizer, because of its buffering qualities. It will often positively affect soil quality and various compounds are applied as a fertilizer. For example, CaCl2- or Ca (NO) 3 solutions are applied in horticulture. (Calcium oxide is a dehydrating molluscicide.) Now, that being said, I do know that in limed soils, calcium may immobilize iron. This may cause iron shortages, even when plenty of iron is present in the soil. Hope this helps you out SweetCheebs, peace.
  • Tokecrazy, PoeticLife, Scooby and 1 other like this

#91 SweetCheebs

SweetCheebs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

Sorry to say, but I don't have any counts on my water for you. I just fill up a few 5 gallon water jugs and then toss in an air stone to bubble the water. I do this to remove any negative gasses that might be in the water like Radon, Chlorine or Chloramines. Also, aerating the water increasing the oxygen level, this benefits the micro life in the water & your soil. Remember, calcium is an important determinant of water harness, and it also functions as a pH stabilizer, because of its buffering qualities. It will often positively affect soil quality and various compounds are applied as a fertilizer. For example, CaCl2- or Ca (NO) 3 solutions are applied in horticulture. (Calcium oxide is a dehydrating molluscicide.) Now, that being said, I do know that in limed soils, calcium may immobilize iron. This may cause iron shortages, even when plenty of iron is present in the soil. Hope this helps you out SweetCheebs, peace.

Thanks Zoot, I think I have a lock up problem with my soil. Gonna have to get an RO soz I can quit guessing GAAAAsmiley.gif damn scale is starting to take it's toll on my drip system anyhow.
Again, :drool: You're Jilly looks down right delicious! Do you know if TGA ship seeds to the redneck midwestern U.S. Thanks again!
  • Tokecrazy, Zoot, PoeticLife and 1 other like this

#92 Zoot

Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:52 AM

Thanks Zoot, I think I have a lock up problem with my soil. Gonna have to get an RO soz I can quit guessing GAAAAsmiley.gif damn scale is starting to take it's toll on my drip system anyhow.
Again, :drool: You're Jilly looks down right delicious! Do you know if TGA ship seeds to the redneck midwestern U.S. Thanks again!

If you have scaling on your drip system then you surly have high calcium and magnesium in your water. So, an RO system should be used. But remember, that with an RO system you will now need to add calcium & magnesium back to the water, even if the fertilizer has some in it. Having an RO system is like a blank canvas to draw on, nothing is there until you add it.
As for seeds, you'll have to get them through a seed bank. You won't get anything directly from TGA or any other breeder for that matter.
  • Tokecrazy, Scooby and SweetCheebs like this

#93 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

:ph34r: muA
  • Tokecrazy, Zoot, PoeticLife and 2 others like this

#94 SweetCheebs

SweetCheebs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

:I agree:

If you have scaling on your drip system then you surly have high calcium and magnesium in your water. So, an RO system should be used. But remember, that with an RO system you will now need to add calcium & magnesium back to the water, even if the fertilizer has some in it. Having an RO system is like a blank canvas to draw on, nothing is there until you add it.
As for seeds, you'll have to get them through a seed bank. You won't get anything directly from TGA or any other breeder for that matter.

Thanks again Zoot, looks like I'll have to take a trip to my dad's house and "borrow" his dolomite hehe
  • Zoot and Scooby like this

#95 Zoot

Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

Smoke Report:

The effects of this Jilly Bean were felt quickly and strongly, but it never got to that racy or anxious state that some strong starters do, keeping me feeling mentally at-ease the entire time, though mentally energized. An increase in eye pressure (but not facial pressure) and a fluttery feeling in the chest were the early physical manifestations, but mentally it was definitely uplifting, greatly improving my mood and showing no outward signs of medication, making it a good professional type of strain.

Attached File  DSC03453.JPG   120.6KB   19 downloads Attached File  DSC03454.JPG   205.44KB   21 downloads Attached File  DSC03455.JPG   229.82KB   18 downloads Attached File  DSC03456.JPG   123.23KB   14 downloads Attached File  DSC03457.JPG   217.08KB   12 downloads Attached File  DSC03458.JPG   239.41KB   10 downloads

• Tokecrazy, usstoner, OniusOniusOnius and 4 others like this

#96 GarageGrower

GarageGrower

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

Hey Zoot, I had a few questions. Those buds look excellent. 1) How long did you veg? 2) How long did you flower? 3) Do you know final yield? Thanks man. Edit: I saw your review, questions answered. Thanks.

Edited by GarageGrower, 25 June 2012 - 06:46 PM.

• Tokecrazy, usstoner, Zoot and 2 others like this

#97 DarkEnergy

DarkEnergy

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

Nice work, and nice journal, thanks for this.
  • usstoner, Zoot, PoeticLife and 1 other like this

#98 Scooby

Scooby

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

Thanks for the great journal and smoke report, Zoot. You did a great job with Jilly and got some beautifully structured plants. I've marked Jilly Bean on my wishlist for my next order from The Attitude! Peace, Scoob
  • usstoner, Zoot and PoeticLife like this

#99 usstoner

usstoner

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1728 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

very nice bro...that plants looks great man good job dude...
  • Zoot, PoeticLife and Scooby like this

#100 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

Beautiful job Zoot.... as always the garden provided goodness :) Am just sampling Sub's Agent Orange.. and though not totally cured... def a strong med, kinda citrus taste but more. I'm bad at descriptions I know lol Toward the cold months I'll attempt the Space Odyssey. may your garden & jars be forever full :) hugs
  • Zoot, HD96 and Scooby like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Subcool, TGA, Jilly Bean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users