#26 xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx

THC- Transcendence Healing Cannabis

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts
  • LocationA place between Heaven and Hell when said in English

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

Right on , glad to see this is helping others and making rounds in views . I just recently finished Physical Theraphy .. Hopefully nobody else will be here reporting this as well .. The time spent there was hell and a nighmare but needed to help cope with the pain while remaining drug free ! PPS
  • Tokecrazy, Bueller, OniusOniusOnius and 2 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

Hi all. add me to the cripple crew also. I grow soilless and the weights are my biggest concern. I am not bashful about asking people to carry things like bales of peat moss or bags of ice to my car for me. I use a hand truck to carry things into my garden since I live on a split level. Now my special trick to spare my back is to use earthboxes. I love these things for several reasons, one of them being that they come with four caster wheels now. Their type of reservoir makes it where I don't have to lift the pot to assess how deeply they have been watered. It is the best way I have seen to get hydro results from a soilless mix and obviously recommend them. I will be following this thread with interest.
  • Bueller, teddys head, xxPeacePipexx and 1 other like this

#28 xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

Hi all. add me to the cripple crew also. I grow soilless and the weights are my biggest concern. I am not bashful about asking people to carry things like bales of peat moss or bags of ice to my car for me. I use a hand truck to carry things into my garden since I live on a split level.

Now my special trick to spare my back is to use earthboxes. I love these things for several reasons, one of them being that they come with four caster wheels now. Their type of reservoir makes it where I don't have to lift the pot to assess how deeply they have been watered. It is the best way I have seen to get hydro results from a soilless mix and obviously recommend them.

I will be following this thread with interest.

Glad you found what works for you and I agree all the way . Earth Box growing is easy and fun with no lifting , most I have seen even have casters attached . I went with some Earth Boxes outside this year for the Vegetables and realized that they far out produce my best raised garden by far and I have to admit its a superior method and one used within the Agriculture Industry on a larger scale of course ..Organic and Chemical.

Looking forward to seeing more posts and such here .. I feel good , I carried in a months supply of Coco today .. Bails only weight in at 12 lbs so it was nice being able to do such .. With most other media I would have to beg for someone else to do the deed ......L8tr PotSnob

Edited by ProfessorPotSnob, 31 August 2012 - 07:05 PM.

• Bueller, bongbonghi, teddys head and 1 other like this

#29 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:44 AM

Glad you found what works for you and I agree all the way . Earth Box growing is easy and fun with no lifting , most I have seen even have casters attached . I went with some Earth Boxes outside this year for the Vegetables and realized that they far out produce my best raised garden by far and I have to admit its a superior method and one used within the Agriculture Industry on a larger scale of course ..Organic and Chemical.

Looking forward to seeing more posts and such here .. I feel good , I carried in a months supply of Coco today .. Bails only weight in at 12 lbs so it was nice being able to do such .. With most other media I would have to beg for someone else to do the deed ......L8tr PotSnob

I will be starting a grow thread soon
  • Bueller, xxPeacePipexx, CrazyDave and 1 other like this

#30 xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:25 PM

I think we need to get Kak in here to chime in about his methods and modifications.. Ohh Kak -where are you ?

• Bueller, CrazyDave and BrotherWill like this

#31 xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:56 AM

Bump Jump... 

Anyone else look into Yoga for the back health? I am going to be studying Iyengar Yoga thanks to one of his Students from India teaching just down the road from me.. Maybe in due time I will be able to beat this bad back once and for all while helping others find this same route. I know I can heal myself with the right hands helping me though teachings and Asanas and so can anyone else. We may not be able to fully repair the damage done but we are able to control the further deterioration. I ll be 40 this summer and I do not want to slide down the hill.. I plan on running down the hill , like the inner child seeks and speaks out.. 

https://iynaus.org/iyengar-yoga

• Bueller, KnuckleDragger and BrotherWill like this

#32 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21659 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:36 PM

Various things can help, I do Tai-Chi a bit and it helps.......

• Bueller, xxPeacePipexx, KnowAndGrow and 1 other like this

#33 BrotherWill

BrotherWill

Brother Will

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3219 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:25 AM

As You Know Sir KD I Too Suffer From Back Probs. Doc Says NO More Lifting Anything At This Stage.

But I've Been Thinking. You Know What An Engine Hoist Is Right ? Many Will Think I'm Crazy But

May I Suggest: Wouldn't It Be A Cool Idea To Make A Hoist Like That But Much Less Bulky And

Easy To Move Around/With Locking Wheels ?/W-Electric Motor For The Hoist, Instead Of A Handle

One Has To Crank.? Market Them As Cheap As Possible For The Disabled Grower With Many Strapped

For Cash. Making Enough Money...To Build Devices Like This, But Sold As Close To Cost If Possible.

I Wonder If There Is A Market For A Variety Of Inventions ? The Government Classifies Me As 100% Disabled.

As Most Know My SSI Was Taken Away After A Long 3 Yr Battle/We Finally Had To Fight Them.

I Got One Back Check, Which Was A Pity Poor Amount Of A Bit Over $1,000. One Day... Years Ago, My Wife

Got A 'Measly' $26 Raise {Per Month-Not Week} And Bye-Bye SSI !!! We Fall Through Every Crack In The System...

Could We Use Food Stamps ? Especially With Our Two Youngest Who Flew The Nest Years Ago Are Back To Get

Their Tanks Full For Another Running Flight Possibly Forever... Yes, Food Stamps Would Help Off-Set Some Of My

Medical Costs And Many Other Things.

So Who's Up To Start A Biz For The Disabled Growers ? Just A Pipe Dream I Suppose... Oh So Sorry... No

Pun Intended Brother xxxPeacePipexxx---> Be Well Everyone And Have A Super Fine Day ! Peace Within, Will

Edited by BrotherWill, 02 March 2015 - 07:41 AM.

• Bueller and xxPeacePipexx like this

#34 KnowAndGrow

KnowAndGrow

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2084 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:47 PM

Various things can help, I do Tai-Chi a bit and it helps.......

I don't know if it helps, but I do Chai Tea a bit... :)

• Bueller, xxPeacePipexx and BrotherWill like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users