#26 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

Additionally the application of heat to decarboxylate the fresh material is how it was tested for 16.46% THC in the gas chromatography test..
The liquid chromatography test does not use heat and thus does not decarboxylate the material before testing, hence the THC-A.

Like I stated before these tests were preformed to see the Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid content fresh material.

In doing this, InI have proven the need for properly curing the medicine.

This is how we realize the 25% Delta-9 THC potential instead of the 16.46% that is currently being decarboxylated by heat alone. My tests indicate that the month old material can be heated and decarboxylates more efficiently than the fresh dried. But what these tests also show, is the 18.41% sample which has a 1 month cure, has still not fully decarboxylated to its 25% potential either.

Assuming that the rate of decarboxylation is not exponential, we can see that roughly 2% of the 8.58% of THC-A not being converted into THC in the fresh sample has been converted in the one month cure sample. So 2% per month, roughly, which would theoretically translate into a 4 month cure to fully activate the material. However, I expect the rate of decarboxylation to decrease with the moisture content of the sample, as it is the release of gas and water vapor we are after. Therefore, I expect the highest rates of decarboxylation to occur when there are the highest occurrence of water in the material. Which, in turn, means decarboxylation will occur more slowly the drier the material becomes.

The difference between the liquid and gas chromatography tests is primarily the application of heat, such as when vaporizing.
I hope this gives you a better idea of what I am trying to prove.

Attached File  Picture 19.png   38.82KB   6 downloads

In some traditional hash producing regions it would be laughable to smoke trichomes less than one year old.

There are temp curves for producing delta-9 THC. My understanding is that the lower temp ones are generally better to use. Graywolf has a much better understanding of this so you might check his threads for more info.

Thank you very much bredah KaK. She tests really well in the bong also
:D:

Edited by MCOne, 23 December 2011 - 08:02 PM.

• OffDaBaba and Blue61 like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 DieAbetic

DieAbetic

In the clouds...

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1675 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:59 PM

Great info and work done there McOne. I didn't even know about the de-carb and THC relation for curing. Much appreciated, you are truly a scientific mind. I am currently running Hell's Angel OG and Diablo OG. Both are very nice, but the Diablo OG blows my mind. Amazing growth (quicker and stronger than most strains I have ever tested), and knock-out potency. I don't think I'll ever get rid of that strain. Looking forward to your further research. The pics look great! :D:
  • OffDaBaba, MCOne and Blue61 like this

#28 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21456 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:42 PM

Thanks KD. Thats fine if you are making chemical extractions or cannabutter it is good info. I believe that using heat to cure flowers or hash however makes them more harsh.

Having never tried it myself I have no clue but since I'm not doing anything worthwhile today I'm doing a little research and I came across this thread in another forum. FWIW http://fuckcombustio...pic.php?id=1891
  • OffDaBaba, MCOne and Blue61 like this

#29 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:00 PM

Ive sone a lot of looking into decarboxlyation, tried it quite a few different ways, and in my experience its harsher and less flavorful after heating. Also, I've read that it can make sativas seem more indica, indica seem more sativa.
Here is a snippet on THC-A from weedmaps and SC Labs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYM3_r3W3PY

Having never tried it myself I have no clue but since I'm not doing anything worthwhile today I'm doing a little research and I came across this thread in another forum. FWIW http://fuckcombustio...pic.php?id=1891

:rolleyes:

Edited by MCOne, 23 December 2011 - 08:00 PM.

#30 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

One more on the testing process

0 user(s) are reading this topic