#1 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

It is no secret California has the best OG. Breeders world round have made bank off them and these varieties are becoming ever more popular as of late. Unfortunately many of these seeds are created for monetary gain and without any true love for the variety.

What we have been working to achieve is creating a true breeding IBL OG in seed form from which I can select males. We already have the mothers, SFV, Fire, Platinum, Jah, Valley, and have tested several other cuts, which were either mislabeled intentionally for profit, or the cloners were lied to about their origins. My sour diesel cutting was even purchased as OG..... The delay is we prefer not to take any shortcuts. After working with the cuttings for two years of perpetual testing one full BX has already been culled due to instability though resin and color were through the roof. Seeds were destroyed, the slate was cleaned.

The most recent step in the process now that we have full data logs on the mothers was using a new elite male for testing of the next F1 generation. Seeds will ready in another month, as pollen was spread two months ago when the original Oh Gee Willikers BX 1 project was terminated. From there it will be four months until we have any hands on results, and six months until the BX will ready for sprouting.. From there, if that BX is desirable, we will continue the IBL.

:D

Edited by MCOne, 15 December 2011 - 02:55 PM.

• bongbonghi, GeeGee, Turpene and 6 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

Hey MC, I just wanted to say I so dig what your all about.Respect the herb!!
Blue

• bongbonghi, KaK, KnuckleDragger and 3 others like this

#3 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21480 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

Glad to see you doing good work MC, there's great genetics out there but, unfortunately, there's also way too many crap seeds/clones out there too. I hope you can breed up what you really want.
  • bongbonghi, KaK, OffDaBaba and 4 others like this

#4 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:28 AM

VERY INTO THIS PROJECT!!!! im down to one og mix.. u know what one hehehehe ... im all in my man anything u need just let me know.... i also would love to test some for u when the time is right... keep up the awesome work brother..... KaK :):bong:
  • bongbonghi, KnuckleDragger, OffDaBaba and 2 others like this

#5 Your Grandfather

Your Grandfather

Revolutionary

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • LocationRight here --> •

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

LUrking

#6 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:09 AM

Some sights from the journey... Here are some from the day I let the first cross go. OG Willikers F1 selected female from seed in flower Day 50 from flip Attached File  flowerStats.jpg   55.72KB   22 downloads Attached File  ogwillikersf1.jpg   290KB   31 downloads Attached File  ogwillikersf1Full.jpg   251.22KB   32 downloads Attached File  ogwillikersf1Leaf1.jpg   131.07KB   39 downloads Fire OG - Seeded clone, OG Willikers BX Mother, Day 50 early harvest Attached File  fireog.jpg   123.91KB   36 downloads Attached File  fireog2.jpg   134.65KB   42 downloads OG Willikers BX - I have never gotten so much finger hash from de-seeding one bud before Attached File  ogwillikersBXCharras.jpg   47.37KB   38 downloads

Edited by MCOne, 16 December 2011 - 05:15 AM.

• Turpene, KaK, OniusOniusOnius and 4 others like this

#7 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:07 AM

very cool brother!!!! man that does look awesome.... to bad on there stability :candle2:.... but it only takes one gr8 one to make it worth it .... looking forward to many more gr8 things from u my man.... have a gr8 one ...KaK
  • OniusOniusOnius, KnuckleDragger, OffDaBaba and 2 others like this

#8 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:50 PM

More OG Willikers F1 (Valley OG x Secret Male) Photo. This combination has been discontinued and restarted with a new elite male. Grows exactly like Power Kush did for me, but with a much better smell and taste. Plus the OG kick.

Attached Files

Edited by MCOne, 22 December 2011 - 06:45 PM.

• Turpene, KaK, OniusOniusOnius and 4 others like this

#9 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:30 AM

Just beautiful my friend.Great work behind the lens too!!
Later,
Blue

• KaK, OffDaBaba and MCOne like this

#10 Desiderata

Desiderata

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3096 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:47 AM

MC, thank you for working so hard to bring us strains as pure as possible. I just wanted you to know how much it's appreciated. I don't really know how to tell one strain from another, and my sense of taste and smell are far from perfect. I need to place my trust wholly on the breeders to be honest and accurate. Thanks for being all of that and more!
  • KaK, OffDaBaba, MCOne and 1 other like this

#11 ACE

ACE

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:10 PM

Just beautiful my friend.Great work behind the lens too!!
Later,
Blue

Ill Second that blue.

MC, thank you for working so hard to bring us strains as pure as possible. I just wanted you to know how much it's appreciated.

I don't really know how to tell one strain from another, and my sense of taste and smell are far from perfect. I need to place my trust wholly on the breeders to be honest and accurate. Thanks for being all of that and more!

Desi that's what im for lol ill taste anything for you lol.

MC this project of yours looks real fun yet time consuming sending you some good breeding karma can't wait to see you succeed.
  • KaK, MCOne and Blue61 like this

#12 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:49 PM

Thanks folks. I am a firm believer that things worth doing are worth doing right, regardless of effort or time required. Sorry the pictures are not the best, still looking for my camera cord, DOH! The things I like about OG which I intend to select for, Taste, Smell, Potency (Steep Hill Labs will help with this), Effect, and ease of trimming. I have seen Fire OG test up to 25% in just THC alone, with the Valley OG up to 23% and the Skywalker OG not far behind at 21%. OG is also incredibly easy to trim because there is hardly any leaf and the bottom bud-sites get great light allowing them to be ripe at the same time as the tops. Even the bottom buds are so nice that less lowers go to hash making with this variety than any other I've grown. On the other hand, It is a stretchy plant that doesn't like to be topped. But, with medical plant limits to abide by, I aggressively top, FIM, super-crop, stake branches, and super-crop some more. This is the way to take best advantage of the OG, harvesting 12-15 staked up main shoots instead of only one if left untopped. It is also relatively hard to grow until you become familiar with what she wants nutrient wise, and more importantly, when she needs nutes. OG needs to be staked up early because of weak spindly and stretchy stems that cannot support the medium size spear shaped nuggets that get dense beyond belief. So dense what looks like one ounce may weigh two. She has a fairly high rate of stretch (2-3x) along with the medium-long inter-nodal distance that makes her a poor choice for growers with small spaces or cab grows. We all have heard ridiculous stories about these genetics, with pounds supposedly fetching 8k and clones having sold for 10k plus. I can tell you as an involved member of the cannabis activism scene OG does fetch at least $50 more per ounce these days, unless you know the grower. And the price only goes up for users not involved in the community, or without medicinal access. Because she is fairly low yielding, but absolute top quality product, the plants need to grown vegetatively for an extended period of time during the topping phase to create a large base stem and extensive root system required to increase per plant yields. Here is an dried, untrimmed, seeded lower bud to illustrate just how little leaf there is to cut off the buds after harvest.

Attached Files

Edited by MCOne, 22 December 2011 - 02:46 PM.

• Turpene, KaK, OffDaBaba and 1 other like this

#13 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

I have to thank the good folks at Steephill labs. InI had a sample of early harvest Fire OG tested yesterday, to see what harvesting a week early (56 days) does. I also wanted to see how Delta 9 THC relates to THC-A before curing the buds. The plant was harvested Monday, December 12th, manicured, line dried for 9 days, jarred for 2 days, and tested on location yesterday, December 21st. Only 11 days after the branches were cut off the main stock. Even though the sample had not had time to fully decarboxylate, we can still test for THC-A. This sample tested 3% lower in maximum THC than samples harvested one week later at 63 days. It really drove home the point that for maximum THC we need to wait those extra few days for trichome production. The kicker here, is that this plant accidentally received 1/4 gallon of apple cider vinegar at day 50, killing its root system... So it couldn't have gone any longer, because it wasn't taking up water. LOL. xmassmiley40.gif

Attached Files

Edited by MCOne, 22 December 2011 - 08:51 PM.

• Turpene, KaK, OffDaBaba and 1 other like this

#14 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:23 PM

Hey MCOne, I hope you don't mind a question.Why is the thc level of 25.09% theoratical and not an established figure.
I know nothing of how these tests work and would be greatful for the explanation.
Thanks,
Blue

#15 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:26 PM

Here is the difference between a 63 day Valley OG harvest which was cured and the 56 day uncured Fire OG harvest. The added 20mg of THC per gram of flowers will be more noticeable than you think.

Attached Files

Edited by MCOne, 22 December 2011 - 06:39 PM.

• Turpene, KaK, OniusOniusOnius and 2 others like this

#16 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:32 PM

Because THC-A needs to decarboxylate (release a carboxyl group) and become delta 9 THC to fit into our CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors.
I believe this happens over time (I like two months) while curing the medicine. It also happens rapidly at specific temperatures, such as when making cannabutter properly. Poor curing will not realize the total THC-A into THC, thus at this time that number is theorhetical because it totals the delta 9 THC (active) and THC-A (inactive). Many people believe decarboxylation occurs while smoking or vaping, though I am unconvinced. I feel even hash made from partially dry material results in a more potent end product, but have no tests to back that up yet. Things like this are why I am having different samples tested, early and mature, cured and un-cured.

I have posted the current active THC amounts in the second post, which are not theoretical.

Hey MCOne, I hope you don't mind a question.Why is the thc level of 25.09% theoratical and not an established figure.
I know nothing of how these tests work and would be greatful for the explanation.
Thanks,
Blue

Edited by MCOne, 22 December 2011 - 07:41 PM.

• KaK, OffDaBaba and Blue61 like this

#17 Shaddow

Shaddow

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:34 PM

Looking forward to see it when you finish .The plant is so pretty to look at I went back for seconds !

#18 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:51 PM

So if I understand you right you would think dry ice hash would be stronger then bubble hash because of the dry material.
Sorry if I sound like a dope but this interests me.
Thanks,
Blue

#19 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

Maybe but dry sift contains more contaminant than water hash (plant matter floats in water, resin sinks) so dry sift is less pure and can be less potent. You are correct however that using dry material will reduce the curing time when making hash. Dry sift needs to be refined like 'Sam Skunkmans' to achieve maximum results. Unfortunately for the medical community, Sam is a human who will not share his techniques.

Dry sift does retain the water soluble terpenes which can be lost during the ice water hash process. Primo dry sift will taste better than primo ice water hash because of this factor.

Hash needs to cure, just like flowers, to fully realize its potential, regardless of origin. Unless made from fully decarboxylated material to begin with. You can decarboxylate with mild heat instead of periods of time, but in my experience this makes flowers harsh as well. Allowing your flowers to completely dry out before smoking (5% moisture content or less) is a good method of making sure already dry weed is full activated. Unfortunatley, less moisture means the medicine will vape less efficiently, so re-moisturizing full cured jars with fresh leaves or buds can be employed if this is a problem.. I have a kif box that allows buds to dry while out of the light on my table, stores will be kept jarred for curing.

The issue decarboxlyation creates for us as medical users is that we are limited plant numbers, and processed medicine limits, but we also need to wait periods of time for that medicine to activate.. Relativity impossible to do when we cannot have large stores of meds. Even now my oldest meds are two months old but I am running low on those. I am smoking some Fire OG harvested 2.5 weeks ago which I never jarred and have allowed to fully air dry (5%) and getting a good effect off two bong tokes of it. I feel this is the best method, to jar your stores and allow your instant smoke to completley dry, even letting buds sit out for days before smoking them, or then re-hydrating them if preferred for vaporization.

So if I understand you right you would think dry ice hash would be stronger then bubble hash because of the dry material.
Sorry if I sound like a dope but this interests me.
Thanks,
Blue

Edited by MCOne, 22 December 2011 - 07:41 PM.

#20 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:46 PM

One more thing, I believe vaporization at proper temperatures utilizes more of the THC-A in fresh cannabis than combustion (smoking) does. The fresher the cannabis, the more likely I am to vaporize it. The drier the better it is for smoking, as it has decarboxlyated. In my opinion of course. :D: xmassmiley40.gif the same for all extracts from the plants

Edited by MCOne, 22 December 2011 - 07:47 PM.

#21 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

From ask Ed Rosenthal:

Marijuana produces THCA, an acid with the carboxylic group (COOH) attached. In its acid form, THC is not very active. It is only when the carboxyl group is removed that THC becomes psychoactive. When marijuana is smoked, the THC behind the hot spot is vaporized as the hot air from the burn is drawn through the joint or pipe bowl to the unburned material. The liquid THC and other cannabinoids have a boiling point of between 180-200C (355-392F). Before they turn gaseous, at around 106C (220F), the carboxyl group is released from the molecule as carbon dioxide and water vapor.

... if you plan to vaporize or smoke the extract decarboxylation will take place as the oil is used.

However, it is easy to make sure all the THC is decarboxylated and is at full strength before it is extracted. Although decarboxylation takes place rapidly at 106C, it proceeds at a more gradual pace by placing the cannabis in a room with low relative humidity and room temperature. As the temperature rises, the rate of decarboxylation increases.

Cannabis can also be placed in a food dehydrator to remove the carboxyl group. Although the heat in the food dehydrator doesn't rise to 106C, the temperature is warm enough to promote drying and the release of the water and CO2. When the marijuana is crispy and brittle you can be assured that the carboxyl group has been removed from the cannabinoids and they are ready for extraction or removal from the plant material.

#22 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21480 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:00 PM

There are temp curves for producing delta-9 THC. My understanding is that the lower temp ones are generally better to use. Graywolf has a much better understanding of this so you might check his threads for more info.

Attached Files

#23 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

Thanks KD. Thats fine if you are making chemical extractions or cannabutter it is good info. I believe that using heat to cure flowers or hash however makes them more harsh.
  • KaK, KnuckleDragger, OffDaBaba and 1 other like this

#24 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:14 PM

very cool my man!!! nice read.... Man she looks sick... have to fill me in when ur done trying her...... :D:
  • OffDaBaba, MCOne and Blue61 like this

#25 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:15 PM

Addionally the application of heat to decarboxylate the fresh material is how it was tested for 16.46% THC in the gas chromatography test.. The liquid chromatography test does not use heat and thus does not decarboxylate the material before testing, hence the THC-A. Like I stated before these tests were preformed to see the Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid content fresh material. In doing this, InI have proven the need for properly curing the medicine. This is how we realize the 25% Delta-9 THC potential instead of the 16.46% that is currently being decarboxylated by heat alone. My tests prove that the month old material can be heated and decarboxylates more efficiently than the fresh dried. But what these tests also show, is the 18.41% sample which has a 1 month cure, has still not fully decarboxylated to its 25% potential either. Assuming that the rate of decarboxylation is not exponential, we can see that roughly 2% of the 8.58% of THC-A not being converted into THC in the fresh sample has been converted in the one month cure sample. So 2% per month, roughly, which would theoretically translate into a 4 month cure to fully activate the material. The difference between the liquid and gas chromatography tests is primarily the application of heat, such as when vaporizing. I hope this gives you a better idea of what I am trying to prove. In some traditional hash producing regions it would be laughable to smoke trichomes less than one year old.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users