#26 lauren

lauren

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Locationpacific northwest

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

It's funny how you can start with one idea and then (fate???) karma or whatever has an input and your idea changes to go with the flow. Big changes to the planned grow.A lot of the beans that germinated did not grow once they hatched. I don't know what went wrong but this is the new count.
1 Durban poison ( African sativa)
1 Urban poison (durban poison x northern lights)
3 African Queen (sativa)
3 OG Kush
2 critical mass 33
2 Afghan kush/ yumboldt
2northern lights/ skunk
I know I am kind of all over the place but variety is the spice of life right. Because of the changes in beans this is going to be an all hydro grow. As opposed to a hydro/dirt grow off. I am going to start my future grows with clones as opposed to beans. I just need to find out what grows best for me. Kak has agreed to mentor me on this grow and I am not so intimidated this time around so it should be a great grow.
A couple of changes to the room are in store. Mylar all around and update the scrog netting. Moving the dehumidifier and adding a small heater for the cold winter nights. 3 days till I start harvesting and then cleaning the room and making it ready.
Peace.....Lauren
  • Tokecrazy, Bueller, bongbonghi and 6 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 Scooby

Scooby

California State Certified MMJ Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:02 PM

I just read this journal up to the present entry. Wow! Score one for Lauren!!! You've got KaK leading the way in hydro. This oughta be fun to watch. I'm working with Toke, who's also a hydro guru and good friend of KaK's. I'll be about a month behind you (and on a much smaller scale) so it'll be fun to see how it goes for ya. You gonna go DWC? If so, we'll have to compare notes and experiences. If you're up for it, that is. ;)Great luck on this upcoming grow!!! -Scoob

Edited by Scooby, 21 December 2011 - 09:04 PM.

• Bueller, bongbonghi, teddys head and 4 others like this

#28 lauren

lauren

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:00 PM

I just read this journal up to the present entry. Wow! Score one for Lauren!!! You've got KaK leading the way in hydro. This oughta be fun to watch. I'm working with Toke, who's also a hydro guru and good friend of KaK's. I'll be about a month behind you (and on a much smaller scale) so it'll be fun to see how it goes for ya. You gonna go DWC? If so, we'll have to compare notes and experiences. If you're up for it, that is. ;)Great luck on this upcoming grow!!!

-Scoob

i'll be running an ebb and flow system and I am very excited.
Peace.....Lauren
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, teddys head and 5 others like this

#29 lauren

lauren

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

well big changes since the last report. I was totally unprepared for how airy the buds turned out. I have gone back to dirt at least for now. The plants are healthy and doing well. I have some high cbd strains that seem to be smaller than the others but I want them for my wifes depression. I also have 3 african queens that seem to be slow.the frontrunners at this point are the OG Kush, Durbans poison, and critical mass 33. If anyone can recommend a strain for depression I would love to hear. My soil recipe is for 13x12 pots. A good quality soil, whatever your preference.
1 cup dolomite lime
1/3 cup fish bone meal
1/3 cup blood meal
1/4 cup steamed bone meal
10 tbsp bat guano
1 tbsp epsom salt
10 cups earthworm castings
All I add now is water until the third week of bud when i"ll add some nutes.

Attached Files

Edited by lauren, 19 January 2012 - 03:24 PM.

• Bueller, bongbonghi, teddys head and 6 others like this

#30 MRGG47

MRGG47

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Locationsouth east of hooterville

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

how much soil and perlite are you useing for these amendments?
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, teddys head and 3 others like this

#31 lauren

lauren

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:00 PM

it takes about 1/2 cu ft of soil. I don't add extra perlite

#32 lauren

lauren

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

Well the clones (12 OG Kush and3 Durban Poison) have been taken and are looking happy in our new clone machine. It's our first time using it and so far so good. The plants have been trimmed and will be dropped to 12 hours shortly. I hope I didn't get too aggressive with the bottom trimming. They have had only water and they seem to like the soil mixture.I will be getting a small tent for the clones when they are ready for dirt. I will veg them under t5's.
Peace.....Lauren

Attached Files

Edited by lauren, 24 January 2012 - 08:10 PM.

• Bueller, bongbonghi, teddys head and 4 others like this

#33 GoophyPhucker

GoophyPhucker

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

WOW Lauren, very nice grow ya got goin on here! :woohoo: thanks for the invite.

#34 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

looks real good and with the mentor you have this is gonna be a great show.
  • Bueller, teddys head, SirStickybuds and 1 other like this

#35 deke22

deke22

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:51 PM

looking mighty fine lauren, i started with soil, and i kinda like it, as i,m only doing 4-6 plants at a time i feel it,s more persional and hands on, looks like you covered all the basases, but can i ask, what put you off hydro in the first place, im looking to maybe try hydro at some point so i,m just trying to gather as much info as possible, i,m in my loft so carrying all the medium and stuff up there is hard work, but the end result well out weighs a bit of heavy lifting, hope you score well, and dirt is gooooood, imo anyway, and i have a good teacher, not a mentor but youll find theres a few peeps here that know a little or a lot of everything about everything here at gp, tbh it is the best forum i,ve found and i joined a couple, karma for you and your girls coming your way L, peace ;-}_,

#36 lauren

lauren

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:57 AM

I have several reasons for not trusting hydro yet. I grow a lot of different strains with different nute requirements and hydro feeds all pots the same. If you get a root disease you could spread it to all the others because they all share the same nutes. My buds looked good,smelled good but were very airy and not tight. As you can see not all my plants are the same size so I am able to address the needs of each plant. I give them a little water and some plant marvel 12-31-14 to help them along during their stretch. They are now one week into budding.
I know the clones aren't part of the journal but I couldn't help but be impressed. They are 10 days old and the roots are coming out awesome.

Attached Files

• Bueller, bongbonghi, teddys head and 5 others like this

#37 KaeaneabisSativas

KaeaneabisSativas

Master Kae: Novice Canna-suer, Rookie Horticulturist...

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts
  • LocationThe Only Place I'm Wanted or Accepted

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:12 PM

WOW are they getting big... Woo-Hoo... Looking sweet Lauren... keep up the good farming... Good Karma 4ya...

Edited by KaeaneabisSativas, 31 January 2012 - 02:17 PM.

• Bueller, teddys head, SirStickybuds and 2 others like this

#38 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

Hi lauren the plants are looking good and the clones are rooting and look real happy.I'm glad to see your 1st grow is going so well,I have to agree with you about hydro growing.I have a flood and drain set up and my only real complaint so far is that they are all in the same tub on top of the rez.That makes it tougher to grow an ind/sat or different hybrids together as they all require diff nute levels and I only have the one rez..I didn't even think about the fact that if one goes bad they all would more to think about yippie lol.Sending good karma for your grow...bongi

#39 lauren

lauren

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

Week 2 of bud and they have stretched about a foot this week. I am about ready to install the second cargo net so they will have something to lean on. They are looking fine. I will post pics tonight after the lights come on. Peace.....Lauren

#40 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

Wow Lauren.. you have been super busy (an understatement)... good for you thinking of hydro.... do what works best for you! Having Kak as a mentor/guide will be phenomenal. sorry ya lost the AfgKush... think you replaced it? had grown the fem version and its a great smoke... can't remember since its all GONE! but know I will def try it again... and the fem'd one was based on "time" not light and stayed at 18/6... sometimes I need the quick filler in ya know? hope all goes as planned for you! imho... strains for depression vary depending on how one reacts to them... what levels one person out can be hyper to another... experiment till ya find what works best for her. Has she said sativa's work better or indica? Hugs

#41 lauren

lauren

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:04 AM

Well I got the new cargo net up and none too soon. This is day 14 of bud and they have stretched about 18". The OG Kush is the leader in height followed by critical mass and the Durban Poison. The others are Indica hybrids which are going to run shorter. Nothing but plain water for the next couple of weeks and then we'll see if they want some bud building nutes.That's it until next week. Peace.....Lauren

Attached Files

• Bueller, teddys head, SirStickybuds and 3 others like this

#42 lauren

lauren

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:18 AM

Well it's day 20 and they are shooting for the moon. The sativas have grown about 24" in the last two weeks. I did a fertilizer test???? The meter says they are light on nutes so I added 24tsps. of cal/mg and 24 tsps of plant marvel 5-40-17. We'll see how they like that. If they tolerate it then I will do that for the next couple of weeks. I'm looking for feedback so don't be shy. Peace.....Lauren

Attached Files

• Bueller, teddys head, SirStickybuds and 4 others like this

#43 lauren

lauren

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:27 AM

here is a week by week review

Attached Files

• Bueller, teddys head, SirStickybuds and 3 others like this

#44 Scooby

Scooby

California State Certified MMJ Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1435 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:55 AM

Hey Lauren! I obviously can't give you any informed feedback, but I can definitely say that your grow looks amazing!!! I love the way all of the forming buds look like little fuzz balls right now. Looks like you're gonna have a field of thick buds before long. Great documentation. May everything continue to go smoothly for you. :) Cheers! Scoob

#45 lauren

lauren

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

Just playing around with the camera and thought I would take some close ups. Let me know what you think. Peace.....Lauren

Attached Files

Edited by lauren, 15 February 2012 - 01:39 AM.

#46 lauren

lauren

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

Here are the other 2 strains in this grow. The hybrids look normal and the sativas look like Amazons next to them. Peace.....Lauren

Here are the other 2 strains in this grow. The hybrids look normal and the sativas look like Amazons next to them. Peace.....Lauren

Attached Files

#47 lauren

lauren

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:24 AM

Well we are about halfway through bud now. The OG Kush get the top award for stretch with 31" and 30" for the top 2. Critical mass hit 27" and the Durban Poison with 25". I say the Durban Poison colas are much thicker than the others so i'll be looking for thick hard buds. I'm really curious to see if the OG Kush fill in with all the stretching they did. If they do they will be awesome. This week will be just plain water PH corrected to 6.1. I think next week we are going to throw a lot more nutes at them. I like plant marvel 5-40-17.Also some bloom booster.Till next week then. Peace.....Lauren

Attached Files

Edited by lauren, 22 February 2012 - 12:54 AM.

• Bueller, KaK, teddys head and 3 others like this

#48 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

Ola Lauren! Just checkin in.... Was gonna ask ya about your temps.... lights on and lights off.... Bless! Pete
  • teddys head, SirStickybuds and Scooby like this

#49 DarkEnergy

DarkEnergy

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

Nice one! Good close-ups too. I am jealous of your camera! Love that screen as well. I am building one for my next run too!

#50 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

looking gr8 there.... that cm should do well as they do get big and hard... sometimes to much o watch her for mold latter in flower and dont let the buds touch any thing as i have run this before nice smoke....have a gr8 one.... KaK
  • Bueller, teddys head and SirStickybuds like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users