#1 lauren

lauren

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Locationpacific northwest

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

Unless someone can convince me that hydro is the way to go then I will be going back to dirt for my next grow. I have 9 og kush, 3 northern lights/skunk, and 3 afghan kush/yumboldt. I started germination on 11/23 and all but 1 popped (which I replaced). I am going to be very diligent with this journal and welcome all opinions.
I started them in jiffy seed starting soil with ph corrected water. I just mixed dirt for the 6" pots they will be going in later.
1 cu ft. Growers best media
1 cup dolomite lime
2/3 cup fish bone meal
1/3 cup blood meal
1/4 cup steamed bone meal
10 tbsp bat guano
1 tbsp epsom salt
10 cups earthworm castings
2 gallons water
stirred thoroughly and patiently waiting for a couple weeks.

My grow pots are 7 gallon but I have to wait till my current hydro girls are done around xmas so that's why the 6" pots. I will keep them under fluorescents till the room is available. I have pics of the sprouts but don't know if I need to attch them or not. I know you have all seen sprouts. I tried to break down into a smaller amount of dirt the recipe of subcool but i'm not sure if the quantities are right or not. That is it for today feel free to comment.
Peace........Lauren
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, KaK and 8 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

Hi Lauren, just wanted to stop by and wish you the best with the grow. Nice line up... which window do I go for my take out order? j/k
I'll be on the sidelines watching and cheering! Posted Image
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, KaK and 6 others like this

#3 KaeaneabisSativas

KaeaneabisSativas

Master Kae: Novice Canna-suer, Rookie Horticulturist...

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts
  • LocationThe Only Place I'm Wanted or Accepted

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

Very impressive my new friend. I look forward to watching you work...
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, KaK and 5 others like this

#4 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21658 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:07 AM

The great thing about growing your own is you can do it the way you feel is best and it sounds like you've got a solid plan worked out, so I'll be watching with interest. Good luck and have fun. :D:
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, KaK and 7 others like this

#5 xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx

THC- Transcendence Healing Cannabis

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts
  • LocationA place between Heaven and Hell when said in English

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:44 AM

Lauren , Starting with Hydro is not for everyone , I work in a Hydroponic store and cant count the people who had it and went to soil . Theres one almost everyday who admits its overrated for personal growers . Sounds like your all set to go and ready for sucess .. Have fun and rest well knowing that GP will be here for you when you need it most . PPS

Edited by ProffesorPotSnob , 29 November 2011 - 12:45 AM.

• Bueller, bongbonghi, KaK and 7 others like this

#6 Mayhem

Mayhem

Educated Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:14 AM

Hi Lauren, sounds like you have a good plan for your next grow, I'd try to convince you hydro is the way to go but you have to be comfortable with what your doing and dirt experience is the best thing to have before going hydro as everything happens 10x faster with hydro. I'd love to see some pics of your current grow that you have, hydro is my specialty so if there's anything I can do to help you finish that off well just let me know. Can't wait to see your next crop started as well!

#7 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

Hi lauren hydro is the only way I know it came with the box I bought and still learning everyday,I do want to get my hands dirty someday if I can find the room to do it.Glad I caught this one from the beginning i'll be pullin up a chair for this one... :D:
  • Bueller, KaK, teddys head and 4 others like this

#8 lauren

lauren

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:41 PM

Attached File  grow journal 1 005.JPG   3.34MB   24 downloadsWell 2 of my little girls sprouted and then just laid on their sides so I poked em back into the dirt but for some reason they didn't do anything. I replaced the og kush with another but I didn't have another afghan kush/yumboldt so I replaced it with a durban poison. I know it's a sativa but it is supposed to finish early so we'll see. I put baggies over the ones I replaced as I didn't think I should put the lid back on. I think that might be too much humidity for the ones already sprouted.
Peace.......Lauren

#9 lauren

lauren

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:43 PM

Hi Lauren, sounds like you have a good plan for your next grow, I'd try to convince you hydro is the way to go but you have to be comfortable with what your doing and dirt experience is the best thing to have before going hydro as everything happens 10x faster with hydro.
I'd love to see some pics of your current grow that you have, hydro is my specialty so if there's anything I can do to help you finish that off well just let me know. Can't wait to see your next crop started as well!

I will get some pics tonight when the lights come on. Thank you so much........................Lauren

#10 DogFaceDude

DogFaceDude

Old Dog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1724 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

You have a nice line up there, Lauren, and a solid plan. Dirt under your nails is goooooooooood. Best to ya!!!
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, KaK and 4 others like this

#11 lauren

lauren

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

Hi Lauren, sounds like you have a good plan for your next grow, I'd try to convince you hydro is the way to go but you have to be comfortable with what your doing and dirt experience is the best thing to have before going hydro as everything happens 10x faster with hydro.
I'd love to see some pics of your current grow that you have, hydro is my specialty so if there's anything I can do to help you finish that off well just let me know. Can't wait to see your next crop started as well!

here are some pics. They are 4 weeks into flower. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Peace......Lauren

Attached Files

Edited by lauren, 29 November 2011 - 11:24 PM.

#12 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:11 AM

high how ya doing? looks like ur doing just fine as they look nice and happy. hey maybe after this grow if ur still up to it i will help ya out with the hydro grow if u would like. like said above every thing is faster. and u can pull more yeild. to me maintenance is also easier as i always now how much food and ph exact with no guess work. i also hate and relay cant be carrying all that medium up and down stairs all the time. so give it some thought and if u still want to try a small scale hydro grow just let me know in a pm some time. KaK
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, teddys head and 4 others like this

#13 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:51 AM

Lauren ,

Starting with Hydro is not for everyone , I work in a Hydroponic store and cant count the people who had it and went to soil . Theres one almost everyday who admits its overrated for personal growers . Sounds like your all set to go and ready for sucess .. Have fun and rest well knowing that GP will be here for you when you need it most . PPS

hey are u smoking that jack in the box again hahahaha.

#14 xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx

THC- Transcendence Healing Cannabis

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts
  • LocationA place between Heaven and Hell when said in English

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:05 AM

hey are u smoking that jack in the box again hahahaha.

Of course and this next round will be grown HYDRO hehhe

#15 lauren

lauren

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:37 PM

well folks the new ones have sprouted so off with the baggies. I bought a new lid yesterday that has vent holes on the top. The vents are open halfway and all looks well. Talking with my wife last night we decided to do a comparison test with these ladies. We are going to run 4 og kush in hydro and 5 in dirt side by side and compare the results. I know I have to wash my pots real well to get rid of the grodan deposits. Is this a good medium or do you recommend something else? I have humboldt nutes so I would like to use them up as they were quite expensive. I love all the feedback I have been getting.
Peace.........Lauren

#16 lauren

lauren

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

Attached File  grow journal 3 001.JPG   578.9KB   20 downloads

#17 KaeaneabisSativas

KaeaneabisSativas

Master Kae: Novice Canna-suer, Rookie Horticulturist...

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts
  • LocationThe Only Place I'm Wanted or Accepted

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:16 PM

Attached File  grow journal 3 001.JPG   578.9KB   20 downloads

So far so good... Nice little set-up you got there...
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, KaK and 4 others like this

#18 lauren

lauren

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:25 AM

well I just got done doing clean up of the under branches in my bud room and boy do my fingers smell good. mmmmmmmmm.Everything doing ok with 3&1/2 weeks to go. I noticed one lady (not topped) had some of her lower leaves turning purple. Is this normal for Aurora Indica? I have 8 of them and they seem to be all over the place as far as size,color,and bushiness. I don't understand the big differences when they all get fed the same.Could it be differences in the seeds? Or maybe the strain from that seed company is not stable.I'm not trying to lay blame,just curious.It's getting cold at night now so the room is getting down to 55 degrees with lights out. Little ones are all growing and looking good. I picked off the seed pods today and some were a little tougher than others. Should I just leave them and not be concerned?
Peace.........Lauren
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, teddys head and 5 others like this

#19 Shaddow

Shaddow

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:31 PM

Looking nice and will be following ....A "bump" for someone else to answer the questions of Lauren.
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, teddys head and 3 others like this

#20 GarageGrower

GarageGrower

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:32 PM

well folks the new ones have sprouted so off with the baggies. I bought a new lid yesterday that has vent holes on the top. The vents are open halfway and all looks well. Talking with my wife last night we decided to do a comparison test with these ladies. We are going to run 4 og kush in hydro and 5 in dirt side by side and compare the results. I know I have to wash my pots real well to get rid of the grodan deposits. Is this a good medium or do you recommend something else? I have humboldt nutes so I would like to use them up as they were quite expensive. I love all the feedback I have been getting.
Peace.........Lauren

Hey Lauren. Watchin what you're doing here. Posted Image
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, usstoner and 4 others like this

#21 lauren

lauren

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:32 PM

these are the babies as of today.I had to replace some as they died after germination. I'm not sure i'm doing everything right . The big girls are my xmas present. Peace.....Lauren

Attached Files

Edited by lauren, 17 December 2011 - 09:53 PM.

#22 DogFaceDude

DogFaceDude

Old Dog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1724 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:07 PM

Lookin good lauren. Nice Xmas gift too! Best to ya!!!!!
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, teddys head and 3 others like this

#23 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:15 PM

Now that's what I call a Christmas present Santa's gonna be good to you.The kids are looking good too.Whenever your not sure of something lauren just ask your questions and i'm sure the resident weed wizards will be come around to help you out.
  • Bueller, teddys head, KnuckleDragger and 3 others like this

#24 Shaddow

Shaddow

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:18 AM

Someone needs to answer post # 20 for lauren....Thanks !

#25 FarmerLiz

FarmerLiz

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:48 AM

I'll take a stab at answering the questions, and hope that anyone that can correct me will fill in the better answers. If your temps are getting down to 55 at night, a lot of strains will start showing some purple, and sometimes other colors. I've seen enough reports of this to make me consider getting a little air conditioner to run in the flower room at night, just to color up the buds. Clones will be exactly like the mother plant. Seeds are each unique. A 'stable' strain will have less variation in the plants grown from seed, but still each seed is its own individual life form. To me, this is great. You can select the plant that grows the best, has the best flavor, the highest buzz, the most couch-lock; whatever it is you are looking for. I am growing 2 vortex from seed. They are 5 weeks into flower. I look like a total dumbazz in my journal. One week I am so very happy, I have one seedling looking very indica and one very sativa. The next week, they are identical. A couple weeks later, it's all 'one is so big, the other is short and fat, they are so different'. Later, they are once again looking like identical twins. In the last week or so, the budding has started really kicking in, and now the difference is very apparent, but what will they look like next week? They are the queens of the room, shifted around under the lights according to what they tell me they'd like for the day, with no other plants allowed to touch, shade, or even get close to them. I know their treatment is identical. I have no clue if these are going to finish as pretty much the same plant, or if I will have the good luck to have 2 different smokes to choose from (or to keep). I wanted to go hydro, especially since the dirt hauling and disposal seemed like big issues to me. However, I don't think you can go organic with hydro. The older I get, the more suspicion I have over any kind of chemical, especially ones that are going to end up going into my body.
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, teddys head and 5 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users