#1 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:56 AM

http://www.bayareacannabis.org/?p=674

LOVE this...easy to understand well written dosing instructions for RSO!!

1. Begin your dosing about 2 hours before you normally go to sleep. The oil takes an hour-and-a-half to 2 hours after ingesting it. This way, if you get too relaxed, you can just sleep and all is well … it won’t affect your day that way. Take note of how it makes you feel.

2. Squeeze a tiny drop onto a cracker, nut, or whatever … the drop should be about the size of a pinhead. Most likely you will not feel a dose this small, but it’s better safe than sorry.

3. If you felt relaxed, but it was manageable last night, then stay at that dose for the next 3 days. Take that dose 4 times each day to build blood levels and tolerance.

4. If you felt nothing, then the next morning double that dose and see how that feels. What you want is to take enough to feel relaxed or tired, but not enough to feel nauseous, make the room spin, or feel like vomiting. And sometimes that can be a VERY fine line, so hence the need to go small.

5. When you find that relaxed dose, stay with that dose for 3 days, 4 times a day.

6. At the end of the 3 days (or sooner, if you think you can handle it, cuz the quicker the better), double that dose. Again, I recommend that when you do your increases, do them just like you did your very first dose … at bedtime.

7. You will continue this until you have built up to 4 1/4gm doses each day. If the oil affects your daily activities too much, you may want to make your daytime doses a bit lighter and your nighttime doses a bit heavier just so that you will still be getting your gram a day at least.

8. You may find you dislike the taste of the oil and, at larger doses it can get kind of gross if you don’t like it. I highly recommend you invest in a digital postal scale, that measures down to 1/100th of a gram, and some Now brand #3 empty veggie capsules. This way, you can open the cap, put the longer end on the scale and zeroize it. Then squeeze in your oil and weigh it. Now you can dial your dose in to perfection. With the Now brand #3s, you can measure 1/4 gram easily. You just fill it to almost, but not quite, full. Once you attain that 1/4 gram dose, you can eyeball your capsules from there on out, but you will need that scale while you are building up.

9. Here are some links you might find helpful if you wish to purchase these items online:

http://www.americanw...p7bhe4kusuebcu6

(For the scales)

http://www.iherb.com...psules/889?at=0

(For the capsules)

10. If you ever find the oil to stiff to readily squeeze out of the syringe, just heat a small cup of water in the microwave for about 1 minute. With the cap ON the syringe, let the syringe sit in the hot water for 30 seconds. This should soften the oil enough for the weakest hands. Just be sure when you’re done filling the capsule, to pull back on the plunger to avoid the oil continuing to come out, causing both waste and a big mess.

You may find it convenient to premeasure several days worth at one time. And if you need to travel with them, just pre-fill the caps and put them in with your other meds. I put them in my carry-on with all my supplements and no one has ever been the wiser. But if you’re really paranoid, you can put them in with a bottle of, say, Manitoba Hemp Oil caps because they’re the same color and will camouflage them perfectly especially if you put them in the bottom of the bottle.

HAPPY HEALING and be sure to let us know any changes, symptom relief, or improvements in condition so we can keep track of the ways this oil is, and isn’t, helpful.

Posted Image
  • jangel, Turf, Bueller and 8 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:41 AM

Thank you BAC for these dosage instructions! Would you also share your extraction techniques?
  • jangel, Turf, Bueller and 5 others like this

#3 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

Medicine Maker/Healer/Derelect

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:06 PM

Thanks bunches tinker,,,love ya girl Bill
  • jangel, bongbonghi, Itinkso and 3 others like this

#4 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:50 PM

Thanks bunches tinker,,,love ya girl

Bill

no bill thankYOU!!!....you're the man walking the walk...i'm just the lass talking the talk!!! :toking:
  • jangel, Bueller, bongbonghi and 3 others like this

#5 kvazar

kvazar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:35 AM

THANK YOU

#6 feralfae

feralfae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

Thank you very much for this thread on dosages. I am new here and just finding all the wonderful information. The dosages are tricky, and we know that first hand here. I see that too large a dose can cause nausea, which we did not know, although it was most certainly experienced! This entire site, and all the wonderful people who share here and walk with those on a healing journey, are such a blessing to us. We are figuring out the dosage and tolerance stuff, and praying as we do all that we can to bring about a healing for the patient. I am just the caregiver: he is healing himself. I am also the science officer, so I do a lot of the research. Thank you all for your generous sharing of knowledge. feralfae

#7 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:21 PM

I for one am glad you are talking the talk tink,thank you for taking the time to make sure everything comes out alright. :rolleyes:
  • jangel, Bueller, Itinkso and 1 other like this

#8 Melizzard

Melizzard

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

Wow ... thanks for sharing, Bay! ;) ;) xxoo Mel http://imstillbreathin.wordpress.com

Edited by Melizzard, 28 January 2012 - 02:46 PM.

• jangel, Bueller, bongbonghi and 2 others like this

#9 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

I think you may have saved my husband from discarding his oil. I too, didn’t know that the if given too much oil that it would cause such GI symptoms. I thought it was supposed to decrease nausea. Your instructions are perfectly clear, and I thank you so much.
  • bongbonghi, Itinkso, teddys head and 1 other like this

#10 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

I think you may have saved my husband from discarding his oil. I too, didn’t know that the if given too much oil that it would cause such GI symptoms. I thought it was supposed to decrease nausea. Your instructions are perfectly clear, and I thank you so much.

hiya nancy....at a tolerable dose it WILL really help with nausea but you must remember that this oil is VERY concentrated...therefore its VERY strong...i don't think folks realise sometimes JUST how strong it is...you look at the tiny pin drop and think "that won't do anything" but it SOOOOO does!!!....slow build up to a gram is almost always the best way to go!!!
  • bongbonghi, teddys head and HealthSeek like this

#11 majestic12

majestic12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

This thread is exactly what I needed to share with my newest patient Thanks so much for it .. made my first batch of oil with 99% iso from premium sugar leaves trimmed from all the flowers of 3 selected wifi phenos recently .. Mighty high quality plants ,,the oil came out absolutely picture perfect I guess going very slow and methodical was key .. pyrex glass ,over a hot plate and monitored by a hand held laser digital thermometer ... This site is really impressing me ..the members are outstanding ,and I recognize Grey wolf from IC ,,its super to see him here . I'm a CG and patient near ann arbor MI
  • Graywolf and painretreat like this

#12 HealthSeek

HealthSeek

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Excellent thread. I just started on the oil...been a rough few days.
  • painretreat likes this

#13 georgygirl

georgygirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Great info , I've been taking the oil for a month and really struggling with the dosage but things are starting to improve. I've heard of people mixing the oil with olive oil and taking it in drops has anyone got any experience on that front , sounds like it could be easier? I'm also just about to make my first batch of oil and am a little worried that I might not remove all the 99.9% isopropanol from the oil during the making , is there anyway of knowing? I'm planning on making it with the baby bottle warmer method I have seen on you tube, it looked the safest I would be glad of any advice! Georgygirl
  • painretreat likes this

#14 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Georgygirl...PLEASE post a link to the bottle warmer method on You Tube?

Maybe, start a thread of: Bottle Warmer method for RSO on You Tube! OR post it here?

I expect Greywolf, might drop in and make a very educated post! IF he doesn't drop in on this one.

I personally have a tincture, made from the rso into a solution, I am not sure of contents. However, it is a HIGH CBD tincture from Harlequinn. The oil was made and then mixed into this solution. I suspect it is, coconut oil/glycerin. And I would strongly recommend Coconut oil in your mixture, if you can get it in. Yet, to be water soluable, it needs to be warmer. Papaw..is generally in the chat room, but he has some experience and great info on Coconut oil.

This tincture I have, I am able to mix 3 drops in water and drink. Frankly, I see no purpose in that, except for strict quality control of dose. I much preferr putting the 3 drops on a tiny piece of cracker, tortilla or whatever and swallowing, quickly. Or, putting it in a glycerin capsules and swallowing. Regardless, the taste can be an issue.

Hi Georgygirl, drops cannot be as reliable, imho. When you can put the drops in a gelatin capsule and swallow. Would be preferred. The oil can taste terrible!

I've read and watched many threads on making rso. It seems, getting the iso completely out, depends more on your patience. If followed to the "Q," no bubbles will remain, when the oil has been processed properly, to get out, the ISO. Iso left in, will cause a headache and possibly some mild stomach indigestion. Not pleasant.

If you have extreme concern, use Everclear or OTC-drinkable alcohol?

Just be patient in the process, of making it. Seems to be the key to, no ISO.

Will look forward to seeing the video?? B) pr

Edited by painretreat, 28 March 2013 - 03:58 PM.

#15 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

I've heard of people mixing the oil with olive oil and taking it in drops has anyone got any experience on that front , sounds like it could be easier?
I'm also just about to make my first batch of oil and am a little worried that I might not remove all the 99.9% isopropanol from the oil during the making , is there anyway of knowing?
I'm planning on making it with the baby bottle warmer method I have seen on you tube, it looked the safest
I would be glad of any advice!

Georgygirl

We have mixed with olive oil, but like coconut oil better.

Iso is a pungent alcohol, which you can taste and smell far below any levels of health concern. If you place it in a 250F hot oil bath to boil off the alcohol and decarboxylate it, afterwards there should be no decernable iso taste or smell.
  • painretreat likes this

#16 HealthSeek

HealthSeek

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

http://www.bayareacannabis.org/?p=674

LOVE this...easy to understand well written dosing instructions for RSO!!

1. Begin your dosing about 2 hours before you normally go to sleep. The oil takes an hour-and-a-half to 2 hours after ingesting it. This way, if you get too relaxed, you can just sleep and all is well … it won’t affect your day that way. Take note of how it makes you feel.

2. Squeeze a tiny drop onto a cracker, nut, or whatever … the drop should be about the size of a pinhead. Most likely you will not feel a dose this small, but it’s better safe than sorry.

3. If you felt relaxed, but it was manageable last night, then stay at that dose for the next 3 days. Take that dose 4 times each day to build blood levels and tolerance.

4. If you felt nothing, then the next morning double that dose and see how that feels. What you want is to take enough to feel relaxed or tired, but not enough to feel nauseous, make the room spin, or feel like vomiting. And sometimes that can be a VERY fine line, so hence the need to go small.

5. When you find that relaxed dose, stay with that dose for 3 days, 4 times a day.

6. At the end of the 3 days (or sooner, if you think you can handle it, cuz the quicker the better), double that dose. Again, I recommend that when you do your increases, do them just like you did your very first dose … at bedtime.

7. You will continue this until you have built up to 4 1/4gm doses each day. If the oil affects your daily activities too much, you may want to make your daytime doses a bit lighter and your nighttime doses a bit heavier just so that you will still be getting your gram a day at least.

8. You may find you dislike the taste of the oil and, at larger doses it can get kind of gross if you don’t like it. I highly recommend you invest in a digital postal scale, that measures down to 1/100th of a gram, and some Now brand #3 empty veggie capsules. This way, you can open the cap, put the longer end on the scale and zeroize it. Then squeeze in your oil and weigh it. Now you can dial your dose in to perfection. With the Now brand #3s, you can measure 1/4 gram easily. You just fill it to almost, but not quite, full. Once you attain that 1/4 gram dose, you can eyeball your capsules from there on out, but you will need that scale while you are building up.

9. Here are some links you might find helpful if you wish to purchase these items online:

http://www.americanw...p7bhe4kusuebcu6

(For the scales)

http://www.iherb.com...psules/889?at=0

(For the capsules)

10. If you ever find the oil to stiff to readily squeeze out of the syringe, just heat a small cup of water in the microwave for about 1 minute. With the cap ON the syringe, let the syringe sit in the hot water for 30 seconds. This should soften the oil enough for the weakest hands. Just be sure when you’re done filling the capsule, to pull back on the plunger to avoid the oil continuing to come out, causing both waste and a big mess.

You may find it convenient to premeasure several days worth at one time. And if you need to travel with them, just pre-fill the caps and put them in with your other meds. I put them in my carry-on with all my supplements and no one has ever been the wiser. But if you’re really paranoid, you can put them in with a bottle of, say, Manitoba Hemp Oil caps because they’re the same color and will camouflage them perfectly especially if you put them in the bottom of the bottle.

HAPPY HEALING and be sure to let us know any changes, symptom relief, or improvements in condition so we can keep track of the ways this oil is, and isn’t, helpful.

Posted Image

Thank you for this post, for sharing. Precious info, I had previously missed. glowstar.gif
  • painretreat likes this

#17 HealthSeek

HealthSeek

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

Georgygirl...PLEASE post a link to the bottle warmer method on You Tube?

Maybe, start a thread of: Bottle Warmer method for RSO on You Tube! OR post it here?

I expect Greywolf, might drop in and make a very educated post! IF he doesn't drop in on this one.

I personally have a tincture, made from the rso into a solution, I am not sure of contents. However, it is a HIGH CBD tincture from Harlequinn. The oil was made and then mixed into this solution. I suspect it is, coconut oil/glycerin. And I would strongly recommend Coconut oil in your mixture, if you can get it in. Yet, to be water soluable, it needs to be warmer. Papaw..is generally in the chat room, but he has some experience and great info on Coconut oil.

This tincture I have, I am able to mix 3 drops in water and drink. Frankly, I see no purpose in that, except for strict quality control of dose. I much preferr putting the 3 drops on a tiny piece of cracker, tortilla or whatever and swallowing, quickly. Or, putting it in a glycerin capsules and swallowing. Regardless, the taste can be an issue.

Hi Georgygirl, drops cannot be as reliable, imho. When you can put the drops in a gelatin capsule and swallow. Would be preferred. The oil can taste terrible!

I've read and watched many threads on making rso. It seems, getting the iso completely out, depends more on your patience. If followed to the "Q," no bubbles will remain, when the oil has been processed properly, to get out, the ISO. Iso left in, will cause a headache and possibly some mild stomach indigestion. Not pleasant.

If you have extreme concern, use Everclear or OTC-drinkable alcohol?

Just be patient in the process, of making it. Seems to be the key to, no ISO.

Will look forward to seeing the video?? B) pr

Did you choose Harlequin for a specific issue? What is the ratio of CBD to THC. And what do you think of Catatonnia? I may be able to get some of that, undecided...
  • painretreat likes this

#18 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

The caregiver that made the 'tincture' from Harlequinn RSO, has it dialed down to 10mg of CBD with 10mg of THC per drop. He use's a CO(2) extraction method (eden labs). Cannatonic, I have not had any experience with, yet. Here in California, there is a push to cure with the oil. Many places, specializing in HI CBD plants, will "give" clones to patients, for free. Allow you to grow and return the plants, to be made, into the oil. Learning about all this stuff, takes a ton of time and patience. Becoming an active, activist, introduced me to many different avenues for choice's. As far as, side-effects..I could not tell you if I had any, or not. I was feeling "high" headed for many months and had no sense of 'balance' before, I started taking the oil.
  • Blue61 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users