#26 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

Great information tink and Bless you for being able to be there for this guy!!!! smhug.gif
  • jangel, Itinkso, teddys head and 1 other like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 SweetCheebs

SweetCheebs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationU.S. of Assholes

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

LFMAO...... never ever heard the "crossing guards" called Lollipop Men/Women.... gotta love the way ya think Tink!!!

They sure do talk funny on that little island. :D
  • jangel, Itinkso, teddys head and 1 other like this

#28 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

Another thing...if possible, give them an aspirin. This thins the blood and can break up the clot before even getting to the hospital. Same with a heart attack. One baby aspirin or coated enteritic aspirin is all it takes and tell the emerg crew as well. Great post tinker....keep it up there. J
  • Itinkso, teddys head, DogFaceDude and 1 other like this

#29 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

very true J.... sure have heard that many times :) hugs!
  • jangel, Itinkso, DogFaceDude and 1 other like this

#30 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

They sure do talk funny on that little island. :D

I have a love of all "accents, lilts," puts me in a thrall lol...... except for my 'irish' relatives still over yonder... I only catch every 3rd or 4th word... they go soooooooooo fast! but still just go all glassy eyed when they talk!!

puff, puff, pass----->

#31 SweetCheebs

SweetCheebs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

I have a love of all "accents, lilts," puts me in a thrall lol...... except for my 'irish' relatives still over yonder... I only catch every 3rd or 4th word... they go soooooooooo fast! but still just go all glassy eyed when they talk!!

puff, puff, pass----->

I think we all have a love for the different accents of the world
My family is stretched up and down the Mississippi River and I think we spend most of our time together making fun of one anothers accents lmao

#32 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

I think we all have a love for the different accents of the world
My family is stretched up and down the Mississippi River and I think we spend most of our time together making fun of one anothers accents lmao

SNORT!!...you wouldn't understand a word of me in real life!!!!...apparently i'm ""incomprehensible"!!!!
  • jangel, DogFaceDude and SweetCheebs like this

#33 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

SNORT!!...you wouldn't understand a word of me in real life!!!!...apparently i'm ""incomprehensible"!!!!

I understood you perfectly my dear tinker!

LOL! I have been told I have a CANADIAN accent...not sure what exactly that is....but hey, go for it!

LMAO!

Aiy?
  • Itinkso, DogFaceDude and SweetCheebs like this

#34 SweetCheebs

SweetCheebs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

If thats what they think of you WAY over there, you are probably right lol
Although I do watch a heck of a lot of BBC to keep my funny Brittish accent going. Hysterical
  • Itinkso and DogFaceDude like this

#35 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:19 AM

If thats what they think of you WAY over there, you are probably right lol
Although I do watch a heck of a lot of BBC to keep my funny Brittish accent going. Hysterical

just so's you know....i'm not British....i am SCOTTISH!!!!....LMAO!!!.....BIG difference!!!!......... kiltsmiliegif
  • DogFaceDude and SweetCheebs like this

#36 SweetCheebs

SweetCheebs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

OoooOOOoo! Sorry bout that! Thats like calling you calling me Canadian. Completely unacceptable, I live at least 50 miles away lmfao :P Aiy, right Jangles?
  • Itinkso and DogFaceDude like this

#37 FreeSpirit

FreeSpirit

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:38 AM

Usually during a stroke blood pressure elevates, what helps prevent further damage to the brain until the ambulance arrives is to tap on the patients nose in order to cause a nose bleed, by doing this we release the pressure going to the brain preventing further vessels from bursting.

#38 athena

athena

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

you could SAVE someones life with this simple information!!!

Posted Image

You can Save someone's life by sharing this.

STROKE IDENTIFICATION:
During a party, a friend stumbled and took a little fall - she assured everyone that she was fine and just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes. (they offered to call ambulance)

They got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of food - while she appeared a bit shaken up, Ingrid went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening. Ingrid's husband called later telling everyone that his wife had been taken to the hospital - (at 6:00pm , Ingrid passed away.)
She had suffered a stroke at the party . Had they known how to identify the signs of a stroke, perhaps Ingrid would be with us today.

Some don't die. They end up in a helpless, hopeless condition instead. It only takes a minute to read this...

STROKE IDENTIFICATION:

A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke...totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.

RECOGNIZING A STROKE

Remember the '3' steps, STR . Read and Learn!
Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster.
The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.
Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions :

S * Ask the individual to SMILE ..
T * = TALK. Ask the person to SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently) (eg 'It is sunny out today').
R * Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS .

If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call the ambulance and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.

NOTE : Another 'sign' of a stroke is
1. Ask the person to 'stick' out their tongue.
2. If the tongue is 'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke.

A prominent cardiologist says if everyone who see's this shares it; you can bet that at least one life will be saved.

AND IT COULD BE YOUR OWN!!!

That's great to read this again - thanks so much, Tink!
  • Tokecrazy and Blue61 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users