#1 froggymountain

froggymountain

SHeaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:53 PM

NIH Study Shows Schizophrenia and Other Psychological Conditions Healed By Cannabis NOT Caused By.... In fact, This NIH (National Institutes of Health Study demonstrates that Cannabis components THC and CBD would be a more effective and safer medication than Antidepressants and Antipsychotic medicines. The reason why: these dysfunctions are now being shown to be rooted in abnormalities in the body’s extensive Cannabinoid Receptor System (EC system). The EC system dysfunctions result in brain chemistry imbalances. Antidepressants and Antipsychotic medicines treat brain chemistry changes consequent of cannabinoid deficiencies whereas Cannabis treats the root cause by going directly to the EC system. http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21916860 Acta Psychiatr Scand. 2011 Oct;124(4):250-61. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0447.2011.01687.x. Epub 2011 Mar 9. Endocannabinoid system dysfunction in mood and related disorders. Ashton CH, Moore PB. Source Department of Psychiatry, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. Abstract Ashton CH, Moore PB. Endocannabinoid system dysfunction in mood and related disorders. Objective:  The endocannabinoid (EC) system is widely distributed throughout the brain and modulates many functions. It is involved in mood and related disorders, and its activity may be modified by exogenous cannabinoids. This article examines the therapeutic potential of cannabinoids in psychiatric disorders. Method:  An overview is presented of the literature focussed on the functions of the EC system, its dysfunction in mood disorders and the therapeutic potential of exogenous cannabinoids. Results:  We propose (hypothesize) that the EC system, which is homoeostatic in cortical excitation and inhibition, is dysfunctional in mood and related disorders. Anandamide, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) variously combine antidepressant, antipsychotic, anxiolytic, analgesic, anticonvulsant actions, suggesting a therapeutic potential in mood and related disorders. Currently, cannabinoids find a role in pain control. Post mortem and other studies report EC system abnormalities in depression, schizophrenia and suicide. Abnormalities in the cannabinoid-1 receptor (CNR1) gene that codes for cannabinoid-1(CB1) receptors are reported in psychiatric disorders. However, efficacy trials of cannabinoids in psychiatric disorders are limited but offer some encouragement. Conclusion:  Research is needed to elucidate the role of the EC system in psychiatric disorders and for clinical trials with THC, CBD and synthetic cannabinoids to assess their therapeutic potential. © 2011 John Wiley & Sons A/S. PMID: 21916860 [PubMed - in process] LinkOut - more resources Full Text Sources • Blackwell Publishing • EBSCO • OhioLINK Electronic Journal Center • Swets Information Services

Edited by froggymountain, 16 October 2011 - 12:55 PM.

• Bueller, Turpene, Itinkso and 4 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

Thanks for the post Froggy.Good info.Thanks.
Later,
Blue

• Bueller, Itinkso, teddys head and 1 other like this

#3 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:15 PM

wtg Froggy thanks a lot :party: research is the key drums.gif

if only the governments would do some :welldone:

Health and happiness
  • Bueller, Itinkso, Blue61 and 1 other like this

#4 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:36 AM

As carer for a schizophrenic gent, I have some experience in his reactions to cannabis I can report th@ cannabis too high in thc will exacerbate his illness...whilst those with higher cbd's will help...he sticks to leaf and tip now and it is much easier on him...I have some pdf's around somewhere with some info regarding cannabis and schizophrenia..will dig em out and post em when I can. muA ]
  • Bueller, Turpene, Itinkso and 4 others like this

#5 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:37 AM

My nephew has Schizophrenia,, before he was diagnosed, when he would use Marijuana it was like poison for him and still is,,, I don't believe that MJ has anything to do with having Schizophrenia but I do believe that the majority of those with the disease are not able to partake in the herb...
  • Bueller, Itinkso, teddys head and 1 other like this

#6 froggymountain

froggymountain

SHeaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

CANABIDIOL The CBD component. This is why leaves work well - they have little or no THC and some varieties are high in CBD reference the GP threads: https://www.greenpas...bis-for-health/ Caution that the psychiatrist diagnosis is actually correct. NIACIN B3 Treatment is highly successful with these types of disorders as well: http://www.doctoryou..._hoffer_B3.html Vitamin B-3 and Schizophrenia: Discovery, Recovery, Controversy by Abram Hoffer, MD Quarry Press, Kingston, Ontario Canada (1998) ISBN 1-55082-079-6 Softcover, 150 pages plus bibliography and two appendices. In 1952, Abram Hoffer, PhD, MD, had just completed his psychiatry residency. What’s more, he had proven, with the very first double-blind, placebo-controlled studies in the history of psychiatry, that vitamin B-3 could cure schizophrenia. You would think that psychiatrists everywhere would have beaten down a path to Saskatchewan to replicate the findings of this young Director of Psychiatric Research and his colleague, Humphrey Osmond, MD. Good Speed to your and your loved ones.......
  • Bueller, Turpene, Itinkso and 1 other like this

#7 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:22 PM

Thank you froggy!...gonna look into this :) hee muA
  • Bueller, Turpene and Itinkso like this

#8 froggymountain

froggymountain

SHeaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

Wholly heartfelt prayers and blessings to those with loved ones suffering chronic psychotic illnesses. Suffering is real and deliverance often elusive.
  • Bueller and Itinkso like this

#9 deke22

deke22

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:22 PM

excellent read, now to print and show my doctor, peace;-}_,
  • Itinkso likes this

#10 froggymountain

froggymountain

SHeaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

How are your experiences with your "patients". I am keen to keep up with your routine success and failures as I work closely with other caregivers in the same or similar situation.

#11 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

I find X cannot smoke much bud w/o having an episode....UNLESS I make sure he's mostly toking leaf....THEN he has a great time, no side effects wither....calms hi and settles him muA
  • kittypup likes this

#12 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21647 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

The problem there are about 160 cannabinoids and some will help and some won't and the various governments (especially the USA) won't allow the needed studies to find out what is most effective for a particular problem.
  • kittypup likes this

#13 froggymountain

froggymountain

SHeaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

Have you tried juicing fresh leaf? The testing I read gives relevance to "hammers" comment about not all cannabis components being equal - leaf usually only contains CBD and not THC. Many prayers with you all. Your stamina to overcome is inspiring.

#14 HeadYeti

HeadYeti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationChico

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

due to ptsd, i have a schizophrenia like personality. for me it takes the right blend of sativaindica to alleviate symptoms. sativa dominate strains can be overwhelming if not balanced with the indica, just my experience in the last 14 years. It truly is all about trying and finding what works for an individual. with all of the advancements in cannabis research and breeding, one is able to find a handful strains that will help. Love and support from others is also key. stay positive.
  • painretreat likes this

#15 froggymountain

froggymountain

SHeaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

HY - the "human variable"!?. Do you mix landrace strains after budding? or do you use the mixed strains? What approximate % mix works best?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users