Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo

Black Cherry Soda (Og Tga) X Bubblegum (Thseeds)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:51 PM

Black Cherry Soda (TGA cut) x Bubblegum (THSeeds)
Attached File  DSC03604 (Copy).JPG   178.6KB   50 downloads x Attached File  DSC04138 (Copy).JPG   59.56KB   52 downloads

Project "Blackberry Bliss" goals:
Overall: THSeed's Bubblegum will provide a one-time out-cross to my BCS mother in an attempt to bring certain structural, high, smell, & immune system changes (importance in that order for this cross) to a BCS backcross project. Remember, I'm using the same Black Cherry Soda clone TGA used to make "Plush Berry", "Ace of Spades", & "Black Dahlia". Most selections with regard to appearance/flavor/smell will favor the BCS side as this is one arm of a large backcross project. Idea is to lock-down certain traits in the BCS & make them VERY common in the offspring, namely: magenta color, blackberry/perfume smell, oneness style high. I have two bubblegum males. Crosses with be done with each male individually, and also in an open pollination setting. Open pollination has already begun. Controlled crosses will begin shortly (ish).
Structure: Selecting plants with medium-high branching for ScroG; OG BCS mother appears to be perfect for SOG or vertical light, but I will select plants with more BBG/ScroG tendencies. Looking for 25-50% larger stretch in bloom than BCS mom from BBG... not too much. Selecting for large thick stem from BCS mother. Would like to keep very short internode spacing of BCS with length, vigor, & yield of BBG.
Appearance: Selecting for magenta/purple pheno. Eye appeal is an absolute must. Visually, selections will favor BCS but bud structure may slant somewhat BBG's way.
High: Selections for high will favor introspective/oneness of BCS melded with giddy-giggle high of BBG.
THC: Only high numbers of trichromes on long stocks (like BCS mother) will do.
Smell: Selecting heavily for blackberry/perfume, with just a hint of sweet bubblegum.
Immune System: Looking for slightly increased resistance to PM & grey mold, but a lack of this would not exclude a plant from selection (I have another BCS project on the burner for serious disease/mite control).
Flower Time: Must stay under 8 weeks. Selections will most likely be 7 week (like BCS mother).

Long Term Goal:
Worthy males of this cross and the next 2-4 generations will be backcrossed to the original BCS clone to "lock it down", while retaining certain traits from BBG like longer stems, vigor, slight bushing, giddy high, ect... Each generation of males will be test crossed with a known (and undisclosed) landrace clone I keep to determine its worth. Final project should result in seeds that leave any grower expecting a high number of magenta/blackberry plants with proper vigor, yield, and structure.

Here's a pic of the extra Black Cherry Soda girl I have which I threw into the Bubblegum male tent for open pollination. She's just a little one, not even a foot tall, but she should make a handful of test seeds.
Attached File  DSC04271 (Copy).JPG   60.14KB   49 downloads

Here's the tent... I modified it to work half sized so it fits in our garage easily:
Attached File  DSC04181 (Copy).JPG   145.74KB   37 downloads
The fella's :
Attached File  DSC04049 (Copy).JPG   155.75KB   28 downloads Attached File  DSC04182 (Copy).JPG   102.23KB   18 downloads
Attached File  DSC04137 (Copy).JPG   84.58KB   17 downloads Attached File  DSC04142 (Copy).JPG   47.12KB   16 downloads

Here's the fella's when they've just begun bursting:
Attached File  DSC04178 (Copy).JPG   66.06KB   19 downloads Attached File  DSC04176 (Copy).JPG   74.94KB   28 downloads

and one of the pollen bags:
Attached File  DSC04267 (Copy).JPG   99.21KB   31 downloads[/center]

Stay tuned for updates :rolleyes:
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, KaK and 7 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 DogFaceDude

DogFaceDude

Old Dog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1724 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:54 PM

Your pics aren't showing, onius. Sounds yummy though. :)
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, KaK and 5 others like this

#3 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:10 AM

DogfaceDude
"Your pics aren't showing, onius.

Sounds yummy though. :)"

I know bro :D I can't post pics right now because of tech diff, but Pete is editing the pics into the post when he has time. All in due time, please check back in tomorrow.
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, KaK and 3 others like this

#4 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:55 AM

Wishin you the best Onius.... sounds yummy for sure!
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, KaK and 4 others like this

#5 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:51 AM

cool brother im on board with this one. hey smart thinking using both males i used to do it more back in the day to preserve all traits more selections but we just put all males and all females in and went threw them later but noways i separate them so i know what male is doing the magic . i relay think this will be nice. also are u running that tent side ways? humm if so ill look forward to see what u did as i just might want to try that. rock on bro. KaK
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, usstoner and 3 others like this

#6 MosCuTty

MosCuTty

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:14 AM

Very cool project Onius, I like the choice of the Bubblegum to help stabilize the BCS. Seems like you got the right plan with the BX, looking forward to following your efforts. Mos :)

#7 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21488 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:00 AM

Sounds like a nice project so hurry up and make'em grow faster so we can watch. :)
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, usstoner and 4 others like this

#8 Transcendence

Transcendence

South of Heaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationUnder the Sun, High watchng the Waves

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:33 PM

Triple O~ You never cease to amaze! You Kick Arse bro! Great work man, I'm bringing the mini fridge over here for a while and hanging out if ya don't mind.Hehe >PeAcE!

#9 usstoner

usstoner

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1728 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:19 PM

right on...gonna be a good show....i'll take my seat...
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, OniusOniusOnius and 2 others like this

#10 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:37 AM

Thanks for all the supportive words everybody! I'm going to try and keep this process real clean... and this may be a very... very long thread (time-wise) by the time this project is through.

Kak1963
also are u running that tent side ways?

Nah, I just took out one of the sets of vertical poles. The material is all bunched up but it works surprisingly well. Certainly not pollen tight, but I spray a lot of water (via Sub's tip) & it's in a different location. We'll see how much pollen escaped and made it's way the the girls in a month or so.

#11 moneymaker420

moneymaker420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:04 AM

i have plush berry seeds but would kill to have the black cherry soda in clone form im in tennessee so ill never get that opportunity as clones seem to not exist i have procured other strains various ways overt the net but no one seems to know much about this particular strain

#12 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:49 AM

hey hey bro... hows this comeing along?? please do share some more,... lol later bro... KaK
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, OniusOniusOnius and 3 others like this

#13 StrainHunter

StrainHunter

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:02 AM

The Bubblegum sounds soooo nice!
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, OniusOniusOnius and 3 others like this

#14 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:33 PM

Well K, this particular project is on hold for a little while. Original BCS x Bubble gum seeded plants were taken by the borg a couple months back. Just took cuts of the bubble gum males, so not a lot of sacks to be had. Am setting up full sized male/pollinating room right now. When that room is up this project will get the green light. The other night I dusted a branch of my big BCS girl in flower with La Nina pollen. This La Nina male is a beast, going to take some selection to find indoor friendly girls, but totally worth the time. Pics of La Nina male in Black Widow vs. White Widow forum :)
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, SirStickybuds and 2 others like this

#15 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

Oh Kak! I'm such a stoner! :animbong:

I found a couple mature sacks before I took cuts of the BBG1 male a couple weeks ago. Took the pollen and dusted a branch of the Black Cherry Soda in flower right now. Labeled arm with a pink zip-tie. She's already got swollen ovaries :banana:

This Black Cherry Soda has two arms pollinated with La Nina, and one with Bubblegum. Seperate sides of plant of coursePosted Image

Shortly after transplant, in veg: Check out how many nodes I had to take off... looks like palm tree stems... such tight spacing and thick nugs yay.gif
Attached File  IMG_0610 (Copy).JPG   172.68KB   15 downloads Attached File  IMG_0611 (Copy).JPG   181.68KB   20 downloads

The week before going into bloom:
Attached File  IMG_0804 (Copy).JPG   226.54KB   18 downloads Attached File  IMG_0812 (Copy).JPG   158.51KB   13 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0805 (Copy).JPG   205.83KB   9 downloads Attached File  IMG_0806 (Copy).JPG   146.78KB   7 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0808 (Copy).JPG   124.97KB   8 downloads Attached File  IMG_0813 (Copy).JPG   198.41KB   12 downloads

Sometimes her thick nugs and tight spacing cause her to block out light to lower levels almost completely... this can cause early flowering:
Attached File  IMG_0814 (Copy).JPG   180.25KB   14 downloads Attached File  IMG_0815 (Copy).JPG   168.47KB   13 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0809 (Copy).JPG   159.28KB   11 downloads Attached File  IMG_0811 (Copy).JPG   108.66KB   9 downloads

Edited by OniusOniusOnius, 31 January 2012 - 10:20 AM.

#16 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

24 Black Cherry Soda x BubbleGum (BlackBerry Bliss) beans going into the 'fridge tonight! A few less than I would have liked. I'll probably package up a single 5-pack for testing and then keep the other 19 for this project.

*Side-Note: 310 La Cherry Haze (BCS x La Nina) :)

Edited by OniusOniusOnius, 19 March 2012 - 07:27 PM.

• bongbonghi, usstoner, SirStickybuds and 5 others like this

#17 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

Oh.... it's happening... finally :)

Got my first BlackBerry Bliss female and I'm putting my money where my mouth is so to speak. This year, I'm doing a little three plant greenhouse outside, rather than 100% indoor like usual. I've decided to run Lemon Diesel (because I know it preforms well outdoors), BlackBerry Bliss, and La Cherry Haze (my other Black Cherry Soda hybrid).

Using 2 of my BCS tester hybrids outdoors is a RISKY move on my part. I know for a fact that BCS rots with ease, so putting two of her hybrids outdoors is downright dangerous. To compound the issue Bubblegum is known to have rot issues as well... so don't be surprised if this thread ends in one of three ways: an early cut, late-season lights in a greenhouse, or rot.

This should be an exciting thread for three reasons:

1. It's my first outdoor grow-show online :)

2. First thread showcasing my new Black Cherry Soda hybrids

3. A chance to see me produce some more pedestrian looking nugs (light intensity/full-sun length not so high where I live).

Edited by OniusOniusOnius, 27 June 2012 - 11:31 PM.

• bongbonghi, usstoner, Zoot and 2 others like this

#18 Zoot

Zoot

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts
  • LocationGreat Lakes Region

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

BlackBerry Bliss sounds great.
  • bongbonghi, usstoner, OniusOniusOnius and 1 other like this

#19 GoophyPhucker

GoophyPhucker

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

WayKool 3O's
Congrads on the BCS crosses. when I grew the BCS cross with Qurkel (Black Dahlia) I got 3 phenos and the darkest one was the least quality for MMJ, I sure hope you can work some kick into them.

Edited by GoophyPhucker, 28 June 2012 - 03:08 PM.
Idenitified the Black Dahlia cross

• bongbonghi, usstoner, OniusOniusOnius and 2 others like this

#20 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:38 PM

In the opening post of this thread I said I wanted to select plants with more ScroG rather than SOG tendencies. Meaning selections will favor a higher number of branches, which evenly fill a space out. GOOD NEWS!! The BlackBerry Bliss in my greenhouse is just this kind of phenotype. I honestly thought the Bubblegum/BCS combo would produce a high number of Indica-leaved stout plants, which focus on singular large colas rather than well-spaced medium sized buds. This may still be the case, but my first girl is much bushier than expected. If this girl is gooey and purple/magenta we may have a keeper here... but I'm getting ahead :)

Interestingly, the La Cherry Haze sitting right next to her is exactly the Indica-leaved large cola producing pheno described above. The Black Cherry Soda was crossed to La Nina to give it a bit of stretch... apparently I'm in bizarro-pheno land.

Edited by OniusOniusOnius, 27 June 2012 - 11:43 PM.

• bongbonghi, usstoner, GoophyPhucker and 2 others like this

#21 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:55 PM

BlackBerry Bliss sounds great.

Thanks Z :) I hope it is; time will tell.

WayKool 3O's
Congrads on the BCS crosses. when I grew the BCS I got 3 phenos and the darkest one was the least quality for MMJ, I sure hope you can work some kick into them.

Which BCS hybrid did you grow? Plush? AOS? Dahlia? I've seen this purple = not dank thing before too, but it's NOT a rule. The Black Cherry Soda herself has A LOT of goo and is fairly strong smoke. People have told me otherwise but they don't have the momma cut and even when they do they CLEARLY aren't growing her correctly. Like many other purple strains she needs MORE light than normal. Plants like these have a direct correlation between trichome production and light intensity. This is not the case with all cannabis. Many strains have been bred specifically to ignore light intensity with regard to resin. With these extra purple strains consider using vertical lighting, or super-cropping the f' out of her and shove her as far into the light as possible :) Do anything to increase light intensity to maximum. When I shove the OG BCS momma up into the light she turns green and gets MEGA gooey, while shaded areas are magenta or purple with less goo (still lots though).

Edited by OniusOniusOnius, 27 June 2012 - 11:56 PM.

• bongbonghi, usstoner, GoophyPhucker and 2 others like this

#22 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:43 AM

An important trait of the OG Black Cherry Soda which has gone unmentioned is it's lighting-quick flower response. Indoors, a quick flower response means maybe a week less in bloom. With extra quick girls (like BCS) it may be hard to keep them from flowering in veg even under 18 hours of light. Outdoors, these girls can save you a whole month though. The reason there's such a difference is that these plants will fully flower if given any less than 16-17 hours of light, rather than the more typical 12-13 hours. Growers just leave their bloom-rooms on a 12/12 to make sure all their girls are in full flower right from the start. Without light deprivation (manually covering greenhouses to shorted photoperiod) outdoor growers have a much more subtle descent into flowering, with light decreasing just minutes per day after the solstice. The Black Cherry Soda mother will start flowering sometimes under 18 hours of light! Meaning her bloom "trigger" is set for very early in summer. Hopefully, she has passed her quick response to her progeny. The bad news here is that a quick "trigger" will cut into veg time outdoors, making for somewhat smaller plants (ignoring vigor). The good news is that they'll finish before it gets dark, cold, and wet. With BCS's tendency to rot this is a very, very good trait indeed. We'll just have to see how these phenotypes pan out :)
  • bongbonghi, usstoner and Zoot like this

#23 GoophyPhucker

GoophyPhucker

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

3O's
Mine was the Qurkel cross (Black Dahlia) .

Thanks for the detailed info on the better ways of growin her out.
I luve watchin your work!

A few pixs of 2 pheno's
Attached File  Black Dahlia\'s 238.jpg   98.14KB   17 downloads
Attached File  Black Dahlia\'s 239.jpg   112.8KB   14 downloads
  • bongbonghi, usstoner, OniusOniusOnius and 1 other like this

#24 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:08 PM