well...i did it.
no i unfortunately i wasn't able to find any buckets at hooters, but......
i was able to score some 3gal containers for $2/ea. so all 4 for under $9! ...i think that's pretty good. i also went to home d3p0t and picked up some perlite and vermiculite because the hydro store by my house didn't carry vermiculite, and they were out of perlite.
so i got home and went to work. for those of you who have never heard of hempy, i went ahead and documented my steps for future reference.
like i mentioned, i went and bought some 3gal containers. these are your typical plastic buckets you would see for mop use. the dollar store was 3x cheaper than ace hardware, fyi.
anyway, i brought them home and got them ready for the "hempy / hempie" grow
here's what i did...
got my 1" drill bit attached it to my drill and got my tape measure and measured 1" from the bottom of the bucket. from this point i measured another .5" up and marked a dot. i used this dot for my center point of my bit and drilled out the holes on all 4 buckets
next, i got out my 5/16" drill bit and drilled holes all around the upper part of the bucket. i then ran zip ties through these holes to use for lst as the plant grows...
next i mixed up the buckets, 3 parts perlite to 1 part vermiculite (75%/25%)...i washed each bucket w/ ~2gal of ph'd water when it was fully loaded w/ the p/v mix. then i tested the run-off from each and all were 6.0-6.5ph.
...i used an empty cup as a "place holder" so that at transplant i could just remove the cup and put the other rootmass with minimal effort. THEY WERE READY...FO SHO!!!
all seem happy in their new homes...
now i've just got to get some sort of light on them other than these that i have.
in a few days i will give them another dose of jungle juice to treat the new medium.
Edited by chow, 22 September 2011 - 08:22 PM.