#1 chow

chow

cannasseur

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1102 posts
  • Locationknee deep in a bowl of rice

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:22 PM

sent a text today and got a text back...

...going to meet the creator of the "bruce banner" strain tonight and pick up some clones. not sure which pheno, but hoping #3!

BRUCE BANNER #3: OG Kush x Reservoir Strawberry Diesel (Strawberry Cough x Sour Diesel)
Bruce Banner #3 is a Sativa-dominant Colorado creation originally bred by Delta 9 Caretakers, released to the public in early 2010. After receiving an ‘A+’ from KindReviews and selling out routinely for the first few harvests, it quickly became the stuff of legend, with copycat strains popping up and everyone claiming to have the real cut. Since late 2010, the clone has gotten out to the rest of the medical community and though the hype has died down, it’s still one of the most sought-after strains in Colorado medical dispensaries.

Originally bred by “OG Ironlung”, the mystery OG Kush (now thought by those involved in its creation to be Ghost’s OG Kush) was pollinated by a Reservoir Seeds Strawberry Diesel, and there were three main phenotypes that stuck around. #3 was thought to be the pick of the litter, but #1 won a Caregivers Cup in 2010 and #5 has become more popular as of late. Here’s the breakdown on the phenos: #1 is balanced between the parent strains and not quite as potent as the others; #3 is probably the most potent overall, with a strong OG Kush influence but some added raciness and fruitiness from the Strawberry Diesel; and #5 is Strawberry Diesel-dominant, taking strongly after that strain in structure and flavor.

Banner #3 has a deeply spicy lemon-lime OG Kush aroma with a slight hint of sweetness that sneaks in at times. The flavor is much the same, but adds a strong element of earthiness (like actual soil) and the sweetness takes a backseat. Banner’s effect seems to depend largely upon harvest time, with an early harvest making for a very cerebral and borderline rushy experience, and a later harvest giving a more relaxing effect. Generally it starts strongly Sativa, with lots of eye and face pressure, a floaty, buzzing body, and an increase in heart rate. The energy it gives is easily channeled into productivity, making the Banner a suitable daytime strain, though its potency is often too much for professional situations, especially for those who suffer from anxiety. The second half takes on a more relaxed feel, with more of the clear-headed relaxation that OG Kush is known for.

this will be an indoor grow. i've got to still get a light an pretty much everything else...

"hempy" will be the medium and style of growing, but i may throw in a chow-twist or two.

this is exciting times for me. ...first indoor since in this mmj state, first "hempy" grow, and this strain is one of the best i've ever smoked! ...makes me sweat!

Attached File  bruce banner.JPG   51.45KB   59 downloads

Attached File  bruce banner pt 2.jpg   252.49KB   69 downloads

more to come...

chow

Edited by chow, 15 December 2012 - 02:07 PM.

• jangel, Bueller, bongbonghi and 9 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:33 PM

very cool for sure! looking forward to seeing that one. have a gr8 one. KaK
  • jangel, Bueller, Lucky_Cat and 5 others like this

#3 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:39 PM

Good luck to you chow! J
  • Bueller, Lucky_Cat, teddys head and 4 others like this

#4 chow

chow

cannasseur

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1102 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:08 PM

Good luck to you chow!

thank you both... ...and thank you jangel for helping me w/ the "post situation" <_<

here's a pic of the "grow" area. ...i've got some work to do. let's call this the "before" pic:

Attached File  IMAG0702.jpg   89.65KB   43 downloads

i'm going to make a little square "base" out of a wood frame and some tarp/waterproof material on the bottom. that way, just in case the hempy overflows too much, it won't ruin any carpet

the good thing about this area is not only is it in my "office" so i get to look at it all day if i want, but also that the furnace shares a removable wall w/ this closet. i'm guessing i'll be getting some sort of residual co2 affects?? maybe not much, but who knows?

Attached File  IMAG0703.jpg   75.33KB   39 downloads

more to come...

chow
  • jangel, Bueller, bongbonghi and 5 others like this

#5 xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx

THC- Transcendence Healing Cannabis

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts
  • LocationA place between Heaven and Hell when said in English

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

Bruce Banner was a childhood heroe heheh , pullin up a chair and hope to see some massive powerhouse in the house .........
  • jangel, Bueller, Lucky_Cat and 4 others like this

#6 GoophyPhucker

GoophyPhucker

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:13 PM

Ola CHOW,
Welcome to GreenPassion!
Those are some Beautiful Phrosty Nugs ya gotz thar!
I have grown Hempies a few times, feel free to hit me up ifin ya gotz any ????s
  • Bueller, teddys head, chow and 2 others like this

#7 chow

chow

cannasseur

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1102 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:13 AM

Those are some Beautiful Phrosty Nugs ya gotz thar!

yessir...banner has always been frosty.

the grower/breeder and i have become friends over the last year.5, so he was more than happy to let me have the clones. he also said to run by his shop and pick up some of his extra lights and stuff that he has...for free! what a good dude.

anyway, i got the clones tonight

4 bruce banner #3 clones...rooted!

Attached File  IMAG0707.jpg   178.63KB   40 downloads

and...drumroll, please........

as an added bonus, he threw in two sour diesel clones (rooted). i've already tied one over, as you can see

Attached File  IMAG0706.jpg   206.54KB   36 downloads

i'm hoping to pick up some of the lights and stuff tomorrow. stay tuned; more to come...

chow
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, GoophyPhucker and 4 others like this

#8 xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx

THC- Transcendence Healing Cannabis

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts
  • LocationA place between Heaven and Hell when said in English

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:31 AM

Karma has her way my friend ..................... Sweet it is, when you trust her .... Have a gr8t grow my friend ............. Potsnob

#9 chow

chow

cannasseur

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1102 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:24 AM

Karma has her way my friend .....................

"do unto others as you would have done unto you" -jesus; luke 6:31

^karma is a funny thing, for sure; and i always try to live by the "golden rule". i'm glad others do too (i know i've met my share of "non-believers").

i know your gonna cover the carpet ,but it can still harbor them wee nasty bugs :woohoo:

teddy, i didn't even think about that!! ...i can't take the carpet out, so what do you suggest? pre-treat the area w/ some spray?? ...what kind?

chow
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, teddys head and 2 others like this

#10 chow

chow

cannasseur

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1102 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:40 PM

:hungryplant: ...who's bad?? went by homeboy's shop and picked up a couple of lights w/ hoods/reflectors. he didn't have the ballasts, but i think they will come in handy. i also got a a small window a/c unit and a surge protector...pretty good for FREE! more to come... chow

Edited by chow, 15 September 2011 - 05:32 PM.

#11 chow

chow

cannasseur

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1102 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

good evening everyone... how's it going for all? me? i'm doing just great... the plants? they're doing just great, too... i watered the two sd's with some warm water. used one of those little nose-cleaner things for babies to slowly drip some water around the cups. i also added a couple more flouros i had around the house/garage. i'm sure they're helping, but how much??? ...i don't know. lastly, i gave all the girls some names... the banners: >eeny >meeny >miny >moe(t) the sour diesels: >hatfield >mccoy here's some pics... lights i got from my buddy earlier Attached File  IMAG0708.jpg   151.02KB   21 downloads ladies lined up w/ extra flouros Attached File  IMAG0712.jpg   189.39KB   28 downloads all "handled" Attached File  IMAG0716.jpg   264.64KB   20 downloads chow

#12 chow

chow

cannasseur

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1102 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:42 PM

here's a question for the masses... ...i need nutes. i've always been an advanced nutrient kinda guy, but wallet has cobwebs in it, and i probably will need a cheaper alternative. for those who have grown hempy-style, which nutes have worked the best for you? ...i've read gh is pretty much "standard". any other suggestions? i may give the hatfield and mccoys a little weak dose of coffee-ground water tomorrow, their leaves look a little on the lack-o-(n) side. this is just as a "precaution" until i get my nutes in sometime next week...it's been my experience, at least w/ the chemdawgXsourdiesel strain i'm finishing, that these sd-strains like a lot of nitrogen. second opinion, anyone?? chow

#13 GoophyPhucker

GoophyPhucker

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:26 PM

Ola Chow,
Advanced Nutes, has a new 3 part line like GH's but about 30% cheaper. And I have been useing GH's 3 part for years for hempies. When these run out I will try AN's

#14 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21659 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:42 PM

I'd go with GH but then again I despise Big Mike and his money machine. :P

#15 chow

chow

cannasseur

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1102 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:42 AM

ahhhh... ...i had a feeling it would be GH vs AN...lol seeing that i'm already an an-guy, i may have to give that "jungle juice" a good look. there seems to be a grow-store less than a mile from my house. i'll have to drive over there and take a gander. thank you both, GP and KD, for your input. i'm glad to have you in my journal. chow

#16 chow

chow

cannasseur

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1102 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:34 AM

more pics... looks like these "reflectors" have a name: PRO ULTRALITE Attached File  IMAG0717.jpg   188.17KB   9 downloads one of the cords from the lamp to the ballast had SUN SYSTEMS on it... Attached File  IMAG0718.jpg   119.24KB   11 downloads and i found something else that i didn't even know was included; i think people call these yo-yo hangers? Attached File  IMAG0719.jpg   248.34KB   7 downloads chow

Edited by chow, 16 September 2011 - 02:34 AM.

#17 zzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzz

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:30 AM

go for it man we re lurking karma sent your way :P

#18 chow

chow

cannasseur

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1102 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:48 AM

go for it man

thanks man...i'm going to try to!

...i was up pretty late last night doing some "homework" for work. anyway, i got a little urge to tie down mccoy's main stem to even the "playing field" w/ the hatfields. <<those two are always going at it, right :P :)

here's a pic

Attached File  IMAG0721.jpg   127.89KB   15 downloads

i'm going to hold off one day on the coffee-ground/water mix...the hatfields and mccoys are still a little moist from the few drips of plain water i gave them yesterday.

chow

Edited by chow, 16 September 2011 - 10:50 AM.

• Bueller, bongbonghi, teddys head and 3 others like this

#19 Lucky_Cat

Lucky_Cat

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9678 posts
  • Locationllanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:29 PM

eh up chow... loving the name of this gig... have images of peeps making their girls very angry and getting massive buds LMAO.. good luck wiv da grow.

#20 chow

chow

cannasseur

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1102 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:15 PM

good luck wiv da grow.

thank you...much appreciated.

i actuall kept the karma train going today. ...i have a neighbor who likes to grow, too.

neighbor's c99
Attached File  IMAG0685.jpg   190.63KB   48 downloads
Attached File  IMAG0686.jpg   176.82KB   56 downloads

so now i only have four small ones: eeny, meeny, miny, & mccoy

Attached File  IMAG0724.jpg   249.74KB   37 downloads

it's actually a pretty good experiment. he's got the same cut of banner #3 and he's got the same cut of sd. we're both going to have completely different styles of growing w/ completely different equipment, etc. i'll keep you all posted with updates on the two clones i gave hime, both hatfield and moe(t), as i get them from him (he's not very ifriendly, so he prob won't join).

also, as a note...

i mixed up a little something (coffee/molasses...crazy weak dose) and gave it to both hatfield and mccoy last night. today, they seemed awesome, so i gave it to the banners too. we'll see where that takes us until i can get some bigger homes and better nutes for all these ladies.

chow
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, Turpene and 5 others like this

#21 chow

chow

cannasseur

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1102 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:10 PM

gonna tie eeny, meeny, and miny down tonight... :) everyone seems to have taken the coffee-water/mix well. no ill effects. ...my neighbor is bringing over his ph meter from his folks house tomorrow; i'm going to finally figure out what i'm dealing with over here. from what i've heard, it's gonna be high...like close to 8. we'll see, i'm hoping for the best, but neighbor has some ph-down, so i guess we're prepared for the worst. chow

Edited by chow, 17 September 2011 - 11:33 PM.

#22 chow

chow

cannasseur

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1102 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:26 AM

got a little tired last night...but all the girls are tied down as of this morning. Attached File  IMAG0725.jpg   249.4KB   21 downloads ^ i like my ladies how i like my plants... ...tied down, purple hairs, and stinky. :) chow
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, Turpene and 2 others like this

#23 chow

chow

cannasseur

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1102 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:58 PM

here's a question for the masses... ...i've used coffee grounds with success my last grow to supplement for nitrogen. ...i'm thinking... i also drink a teav@na tea called "youthberry". this tea is white tea with berries and oranges and etc, in it. could i use these grounds/water mix to water my plants and not only get the nitrogen help from the tea but also get some p and k from the other ingredients in the tea mix? ...especially the orange peels which are supposed to have a masses of potash. i'm thinking about doing it...maybe i'll be "test monkey", but i'd like a second opinion before going at it. like i've said, i've used coffee w/ success, so i'm not too scared about doing this. (oh, i'm doing this because i'm still broke and have to figure out a way to get some nutes to the plants for now. no money = chow gets creative) also, i've got a buddy who works at a restaurant, he says he should be able to get me 4 or 5 of those 5gal buckets the wings come in. fingers crossed. ...i may just try random places as i see them. see what i can scrounge up. all ladies look to have responded well to the recent bondage. next, and very soon, i have to find a new pot/container for all these boogers. i see some beginning signs of root binding. chow

#24 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:07 AM

Hey chow!

GH rocks, AN drains the wallet!

Another that follows Lucas Formula and is a superior packaged salt is "Cutting Edge" which is also a 3 part like GH but seriously less expensive and it really rocks the plants beginning to end.

Peace!
Pete
  • teddys head, SirStickybuds, MCOne and 3 others like this

#25 chow

chow

cannasseur

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1102 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:56 AM

GH rocks, AN drains the wallet!

yeah, i've experienced the an-"drain" before, but that jungle juice looks mighty tempting...either way, i'm so broke right now, i can't even afford new pots/perlite/etc for the ladies right now. i'm going to try some of this youthberry tea; i've got some hope for it.

if you covered the carpet with panda film

and have it up the walls say about 6 inches then run a batton round it to seal it up

thanks for the idea; i've got to check that film out. is it expensive?

chow

Edited by chow, 19 September 2011 - 12:00 PM.

• Bueller, bongbonghi, teddys head and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users