• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#51 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 29 October 2011 - 04:10 PM

Looking great dabs... can't wait for the macro shots you'll be posting soon! SDxVortex sounds so yummy.... mega drooling thinking about that one! I was going to look up different SD strains on Attitude but have heard it is a very long grow period and is not much in the way of yields... so not sure which one I should try and assume it is a tall plant so will have to plan ahead for when I can re-organize my height in my grow tent. Was the SDxVortex something you had bred? (yes I am still learning... lots of learning yet to do). Have a great day & weekend!
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, teddys head and 2 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#52 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:18 PM

Looking great dabs... can't wait for the macro shots you'll be posting soon!

SDxVortex sounds so yummy.... mega drooling thinking about that one! I was going to look up different SD strains on Attitude but have heard it is a very long grow period and is not much in the way of yields... so not sure which one I should try and assume it is a tall plant so will have to plan ahead for when I can re-organize my height in my grow tent. Was the SDxVortex something you had bred? (yes I am still learning... lots of learning yet to do).

Have a great day & weekend!

Thanks poet....these ladies have made it so easy for me....very limited skill needed...lol....

I think when your saying SD, your refering to sour diesel, no??....my crosses are blue dream....im confused a little bit...damn pot!!!!i do grow sour diesel also, so no biggie..but yeah, like i said, the crosses that i made are Blue dreamXvortex....they are only3weeks old at the moment,so theres not much to report on them....hope all is well in your garden...ill stop on over and take a peak...have a great weekend yourself....dabs
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, OniusOniusOnius and 2 others like this

#53 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

heres a super quick pic update guys....havent been in the garden much lately...actually my wife stepped up and volunteered to lend me a hand and she has been doing a super job at it....where would we be without are wives???lol....everything is still chuggin right along....they are getting real hungry as they progress...ppms are well over 1400 with no signs of burn....so far the romulan seem to take whatever i throw at them....we had a bad snow storm here last weekend and lost the power for 3 days...so they got a little extended dark period, but im not to worried about it effecting them at all....sorry for the short post and update, but off to work i must go....have a good weekend GP friends.....Dabs Attached File  001 (Small).JPG   64.39KB   33 downloadsAttached File  002 (Small).JPG   74.42KB   48 downloadsAttached File  003 (Small).JPG   37.63KB   52 downloadsAttached File  004 (Small).JPG   84.32KB   53 downloadsAttached File  006 (Small).JPG   42.04KB   43 downloads
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, GeeGee and 6 others like this

#54 Desiderata

Desiderata

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3096 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

Hey Dabs! The girls look good in spite of that loss of power. Beautiful harvest coming up there!
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, usstoner and 3 others like this

#55 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21659 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:09 AM

Looks like things are humming right along, doesn't look like it'll be too much longer now. :rolleyes:

#56 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

Lookin Great Dabs.... got a goodin comin up that's for sure! WTG!

#57 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:52 PM

Hey Dabs! The girls look good in spite of that loss of power. Beautiful harvest coming up there!

Thanks Des....yeah, i dont think it affected them at all...nothing noticeable anyway....my stash i dwindling down, so i couldnt come at a better timePosted Image
thanks for dropping by.....

Looks like things are humming right along, doesn't look like it'll be too much longer now. :dammit:

Hey KD.....im blessed with the easyness that this romulan has been to grow....shes chuggin right along...doesnt ask for much...just feed her and she grows....im guessing about 3+/- weeks left on her and she will be ready to come down...

Lookin Great Dabs.... got a goodin comin up that's for sure! WTG!

Thanks kitty!!!! These girls exceeded my furtherest expectations....i knew Romulan was well known and grown strain thats been around for a decent amount of time....Alot of companies advertise Romulan seeds, but NextGeneration advertises that there romulan seeds are made from the original romulan joe cutting....if its really true remains to be proven, but comparing to the original romulan and these romulan, they look almost identical in every aspect....I recommend everyone to give these Romulan a go-round in there garden, they wont disappoint...the only thing i wish, is that i had a better camera, because mine doesnt do them any justice...

#58 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

Hey Dabs... am sorry the storm got you too and yet the girls look phenomenal which is just what you wanted!!! hee hee bet it was your wife's magic that saved them rofl glad I read it though because I'm having a similar but different problem and have lost my ballast,,, probably won't be remedied till Thursday or Friday. So they're going to be in the room and under an overhead ceiling lamp,,, better than nothing and hopefully they'll rebound like yours!! and I am so glad you are having a great grow!

#59 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:25 PM

Hey Dabs... am sorry the storm got you too and yet the girls look phenomenal which is just what you wanted!!! hee hee bet it was your wife's magic that saved them rofl
glad I read it though because I'm having a similar but different problem and have lost my ballast,,, probably won't be remedied till Thursday or Friday. So they're going to be in the room and under an overhead ceiling lamp,,, better than nothing and hopefully they'll rebound like yours!!

and I am so glad you are having a great grow!

hey poet...im sorry to hear about your ballast situation...i just checked your thread and your girls seem to have made it with no problems...thats a good thingPosted Image....thanks for stopping in again...

In other news, ill have an update with pics up tomorow afternoon if you wanna stop back and see how the roms are doing....

Edited by XLdabs, 11 November 2011 - 11:27 PM.

• Bueller, bongbonghi, usstoner and 2 others like this

#60 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

lovely jubbly as per Dabs :D

blessings for our better halves :D bummer on da power being out, not took a flinch outta them :D

Health and happiness

Yeah man Teddy....i dont know where i would be without her....shes saved me a few times over.....like i was telling poet....they took the power outtage in full stride....they are by far exceeding my expectations that i had of Romulan....got a full update coming up this afternoon, so stop back and check the girls out....peace teddy

Dabs.Posted Image
  • bongbonghi, usstoner, OniusOniusOnius and 1 other like this

#61 usstoner

usstoner

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1728 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:02 PM

Very nice grow....i love the romulan...i've grown out a clone from Federation...top notch smoke for sure...
  • bongbonghi, teddys head and XLdabs like this

#62 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:35 PM

DAY 54 UPDATE!!!!

Hi all....man where did the time go on this grow....with my work schedule being so hectic the last few months, my life has just been fast paced in general...but my gosh, its literally seems like last week i was putting these girls in the flower room....Anyhow, these ladies are on there homestretch...NextGeneration advertises 55 days, and thats on the money, i could chop today and be happy...but i want a little more couch-lockiness out of them...So im going to run them another week...so that will put me at about 63-64 days in flower...So ill being taking these beauties down next sat/sun...As i said all along,these ladies have been super easy to grow, easy to clone and easy veg...they were a little heavy on and needed some added cal/mag, which i kind of expected, because my tap water is never any higher than 40ppm... but other than that, no issues feeding wise...Buds are super duper frosty, just how i like em'.....Cola sizes could have been a bit bigger, but im happy with how mine turned out...
Buds are very dense, even alot of the lower popcorns....the way they blew up early on, i thought it was gonna be more of a producer than it was...its no slouch by far, with average/above average yeilds....Alot of reviews give the Romulan a spicy odor with most of them, but im not really experiencing any spicy-ness...its more of a sweet, citrusy, lemon-lime like smell, with a big hit of skunk to tie it all together....its a very lovely combo, whatever it is....i cant wait to taste these after a nice, jar cure...ahhhh, im drooling at the thought....Heres a few shots of them as they stand today....most likely the next update will be at the chop or right before...so stay tuned as the best part is awaiting....any questions or comments, feel free to ask....until next time, FITH....Dabs
Attached File  081 (Small).JPG   69.18KB   23 downloadsAttached File  082 (Small).JPG   67.43KB   29 downloadsAttached File  086 (Small).JPG   50.77KB   35 downloadsAttached File  085 (Small).JPG   38.88KB   43 downloadsAttached File  084 (Small).JPG   51.79KB   47 downloadsAttached File  083 (Small).JPG   41.99KB   36 downloads

Next up will be 6 Romulans in coco this time, and 6 BDxVortex(first attempt at pollen chuckin')also in coco...the coco will be a first for me, but so far im liking it in the veg area....Attached File  087 (Small).JPG   77.3KB   23 downloads

Edited by XLdabs, 12 November 2011 - 02:39 PM.

• bongbonghi, Turpene, KaK and 3 others like this

#63 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

Very nice grow....i love the romulan...i've grown out a clone from Federation...top notch

smoke for sure...

Thanks usstoner...ive fallen in love with her myself and havent even smoked it yet....im pretty durn sure i wont be dissapointed...i do wish i had that federation cut you had though...im jealous....heres a little taster that i took yesterday...not fully dried yet so i havent tasted itAttached File  090 (Small).JPG   27.26KB   14 downloads thanks for stoppin in....Dabs
  • bongbonghi, strider, KaK and 2 others like this

#64 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21659 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:41 AM

Romulan is a fairly high nute user. This is one I'd push the nutes hard right up to burn. It's a good idea to get something like this http://www.hidhut.co...cml-p-2532.html so you can accurately measure your nutes. :pns:
  • bongbonghi, KaK, teddys head and 1 other like this

#65 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

Hi Dabs really lookin good,a week to go till harvest pics can't wait to see what they give you.Makes me want to pop mine,I hope the tester nug puts a nice dreamy smile on your face.And congrats on making it into the chuckers club hope to be there soon myself sending good karma on your first attempt... :pns:
  • KaK, teddys head and XLdabs like this

#66 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

Romulan is a fairly high nute user. This is one I'd push the nutes hard right up to burn. It's a good idea to get something like this http://www.hidhut.co...cml-p-2532.html so you can accurately measure your nutes. :pns:

I kinda thought something was up with that...i know plants yellow during the flush period, but these seemed to do it almost overnight....i know from experience that they are heavy feeders, as they took whatever i gave them, in stride..
By saying "up to burn", do you mean, no flush and pump nutes til harvest??

this is what i use to measure>>Measuring Cup
  • bongbonghi, OniusOniusOnius and teddys head like this

#67 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

Hi Dabs really lookin good,a week to go till harvest pics can't wait to see what they give you.Makes me want to pop mine,I hope the tester nug puts a nice dreamy smile on your face.And congrats on making it into the chuckers club hope to be there soon myself sending good karma on your first attempt... :pns:

Hiya BBh...thanks for takin a peek...i got a new ash catcher today, so what better way to christen it then to smoke a strain ive never puffed before...i fired up 2 pulls of the bong and the Romulan sent me someplace far that i havent been in a while...Super intense, uplifting high...tasted like ass cause i gave it the ol' ballast quick dry....but she still did the job very well...i cant wait to see these ladies hanging upside down either....Thanks for the karma and right back at you....Dabs

#68 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:05 PM

Just a quick note...I was doing a quick check on the ladies before i left for work, a noticed a few nanners scattered throughout the growPosted Image....nothing major, but i think the chop will start tonight after im done work...i dont want them getting any worse...i plucked out the ones that i could see...but anyway im still pushing the chop up a few days...No biggie...They are ready now so...
Just wanted to let you guys a heads up....Peace DabsPosted Image

#69 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:23 AM

Hey guys and gals....just doing a quick update, mid-harvest....got most of them chopped....only have about 3 more to go....heres some pics of where im at with the harvest....hope you enjoy them....ill do a final update when im all finished.....and a quick thanks you to everyone who participated in my journal.....Thanks again, Dabs.....Posted Image

Attached File  001 (Small).JPG   28.81KB   36 downloadsAttached File  002 (Small).JPG   34.01KB   43 downloadsAttached File  003 (Small).JPG   73.6KB   42 downloadsAttached File  004 (Small).JPG   68.91KB   39 downloadsAttached File  005 (Small).JPG   21.04KB   37 downloadsAttached File  006 (Small).JPG   41.47KB   36 downloadsAttached File  007 (Small).JPG   68.32KB   27 downloads
  • Greenview, bongbonghi, Turpene and 3 others like this

#70 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21659 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:47 AM

Good to them just hanging around. :) Won't be much longer till you get to the fun part. :bong:

#71 rootine

rootine

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationMy body wanders SoCal while my minds in Texas

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:31 PM

Great grow, now I want some Romulan rootine

#72 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

looking good man. yea kd means keep upping the ppm or strength till yu see the tips of the leaves burn then back off about 100ppm thats max streangth ur plants can safely handle. keep up the gr8 grows. KaK

#73 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

thanks alot, teddy, knuck, root and kak.....these ladies have been a dream to grow...and im super super happy with the final product...i started trimming some of the smaller dry buds of the branches and man is this stuff super sticky....and with an almost sweet, fuel smell coming off them....they still need a proper cure to let its true aroma be known.....most of its still damp,just hanging in the flower room.....heres a few more pics for ya.....time to go get baked...fith....Dabs Attached File  001 (Medium).JPG   171.86KB   16 downloadsAttached File  003 (Medium).JPG   240.09KB   22 downloadsAttached File  004 (Medium).JPG   221.88KB   23 downloadsAttached File  005 (Medium).JPG   236.96KB   18 downloads

Edited by XLdabs, 19 November 2011 - 04:12 PM.

• bongbonghi, Turpene and teddys head like this

#74 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

awesome harvest pics dabs i'm almost sad the show is coming to it's end,bet your not lol.Now i'm glad I got em hope mine turn out as good as yours enjoy those tasty looking buds... helpgif
  • teddys head and XLdabs like this

#75 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21659 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:28 PM

Little nuggets of joy. helpgif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users