77 replies to this topic

#26 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21658 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:03 PM

Thanks a million again Knuck.....ill get that exact one actually....i only need about 4foot, so that will be plenty and some, if i want to move the AC around, which most likely will need to happen from time to time im sure....And just to make sure, the number in front of whatever gauge wire it is....the lower the number, the heavier the wire, correct???

Yep, the lower the number the bigger the wire. That particular cord is made for your problem.
  • teddys head, SirStickybuds and XLdabs like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:06 PM

our KD is keeping you right Dabs none better :dammit:

. Health and happiness

So knuck is the man huh??? sweet...cause i need all the help i can get....and thats what kinda drew me in to GP when i came across it...i was tired of getting BS responses to the help that i needed....it just seems like people around here really care and have an honest concern when it comes to helping people....a few years in, and im far from knowing anything....im still green as the grass in my front yard...but i like that ive found a spot where people do help the needy.....

Edited by XLdabs, 23 September 2011 - 08:07 PM.

• teddys head and SirStickybuds like this

#28 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:52 PM

DAY 9 UPDATE

So here we are a little over a week into flower....things are moving right along....the romulan are looking beautiful....this has to be the smoothest running strain i have ever had the pleasure to grow, in all phases so far.....9 days into flower, and all that they have had was plain ph'd water and 1 foliar of LK.....they are green and lush, so im holding off until the next watering to give them food....
I finally got the co2 right where i want it....im not pushing it, as im only running 1375ppms...this grow is my first time running the co2, so im being cautious....with the added AC, my temps are staying at a comfortable 78-80degrees....

the stretch on the romulan is very minimal up to this point...they have seemed to grow alot of horizontal growth...if that makes sense...meaning they are getting more wide and bushy....which i prefer over tall plants as im limited to 7' 6in ceilings.............they are starting to throw white hairs all over the place, so these girls are ready to take off....i cant wait to see these lovely ladies in the up and coming weeks....

until next time, take care and stay medicated!!!!!!!!!Peace, Dabs

Attached File  010 (Small).JPG   52.71KB   21 downloadsAttached File  003 (Small).JPG   59.76KB   26 downloadsAttached File  011 (Small).JPG   43.13KB   24 downloadsAttached File  012 (Small).JPG   68.32KB   27 downloadsAttached File  018 (Small).JPG   31.63KB   27 downloadsAttached File  017 (Small).JPG   45.37KB   29 downloadsAttached File  015 (Small).JPG   53.88KB   28 downloadsAttached File  016 (Small).JPG   58.71KB   26 downloadsAttached File  019 (Small).JPG   50.05KB   26 downloadsAttached File  005 (Small).JPG   79.18KB   20 downloads

Edited by XLdabs, 28 September 2011 - 04:55 PM.

• bongbonghi, GeeGee, Turpene and 2 others like this

#29 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21658 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

Yeah, Romulan tends to be a short bushy plant, they'll maybe double in height. Gonna be a lot of flowers popping up pretty soon. :bong:
  • teddys head and XLdabs like this

#30 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:31 PM

Yeah, Romulan tends to be a short bushy plant, they'll maybe double in height. Gonna be a lot of flowers popping up pretty soon. B)

Well its been a few days since those pics, and man are you right knuck....those babies of throwing flowers all over the place....these plants were only topped once in about the 3rd week of veg, and that one topping resulted in alot of sites for flowers on these plants...my next round im gonna try fimming these ladies and see how they take to that....
and yes i did read up on how they are more of a short bushy plant, which like i said suites my grow space very well...i do believe im going to do back to back rounds of the romulan....stay tuned KD....its about to get pretty in there.....

lovely healthy mares Dabs rasta.nana.gif

filling out well m8 <_< nice'n lush :fly:

Health and happiness

thanks teddy...i hope they become the fattest ladies that they can possibly be....thanks for the encouraging words...

Edited by XLdabs, 02 October 2011 - 03:14 PM.

#31 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21658 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:19 PM

Just wait till after harvest when you start smoking it, the best is yet to come. <_<

#32 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:55 PM

right on KD....i cant wait to see the outcome..... in the mean time, heres a couple cool pics of some of my Jackberry that i started to harvest tonight....enjoy Attached File  001 (Small).JPG   59.4KB   23 downloadsAttached File  002 (Small).JPG   63.19KB   28 downloadsAttached File  003 (Small).JPG   61.98KB   28 downloadsAttached File  004 (Small).JPG   29.51KB   29 downloadsAttached File  005 (Small).JPG   52.72KB   22 downloads
  • bongbonghi, Turpene, OniusOniusOnius and 2 others like this

#33 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:50 PM

wishing you a great grow... wait it already is great! bet its nice having a space like that and not having to worry too much about height restrictions... go dabs go!!!

lots of sticky goodness coming soon & I'll be watching on the sidelines Posted Image

#34 Hotsause

Hotsause

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationA Mile Higher Then You

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:36 PM

Nice your Rom is looking just like mine But mines been vegging for almost 60 days from clone. I need to take some clones and put her in flowering but flowering and veg are full I MUST WAIT <_< but o well Nice seeing somebody else run romulan im subbed keep up the good work.

#35 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:48 PM

wishing you a great grow... wait it already is great! bet its nice having a space like that and not having to worry too much about height restrictions... go dabs go!!!

lots of sticky goodness coming soon & I'll be watching on the sidelines Posted Image

Thanks for the words Poet....i think my space is actually small....well, better said, im *growing*Posted Image out of it....i would like to build another 10x10 flower room in the near future, and use my current flower room, as a veg/clone area, and then put my mothers where my current veg area is....its a work in progress as im sure most of are situation are...I sure do hope hope they are some sticky ladies too...stay tuned Poet, i think it will be a nice ending......

Nice your Rom is looking just like mine But mines been vegging for almost 60 days from clone. I need to take some clones and put her in flowering but flowering and veg are full I MUST WAIT :hungryplant: but o well Nice seeing somebody else run romulan im subbed keep up the good work.

Sweet...good deal....have you flowered out any rom before? this is a first for me with them, and ive enjoyed running them so far...i just took some cuts from mine about a week ago,Attached File  001 (Small).JPG   61.17KB   14 downloads so they should be shooting roots in a few days...
I just fed the ladies tonight....they started showing they needed a little mag boost at the beginning of week 2, so i noted that for the next go-round...feed consisted of 25mlbloom,10ml Li. Kharma and 1/4tsp beastiebloomz*****ea. per gallon.....
things are starting to get pretty bushy in there, so i had to do a bit of tucking and folding and tying tonight to control the canopy a little bit, but mainly to open up penetration points for major flower sites....everything else seems to be doing fine...i was having a problem with my humidity last week, because the weather was so humid where we live...but it cooled down here alot, and my humidity fell right back to normal, so no worries there....thats pretty much the jist of things, so ill sign off there....until next time, smoke one for me and ill do the same.....Peace, Dabs
  • bongbonghi, teddys head and SirStickybuds like this

#36 Hotsause

Hotsause

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:55 AM

No i havent run her yet as soon as i chop my Viet Kong Chemo im taking some clones and flowering out my mother

#37 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:57 PM

No i havent run her yet as soon as i chop my Viet Kong Chemo im taking some clones and flowering out my mother

that viet kong chemo sounds nicePosted Image....whats the background on that?
And hopefully i can give you a nice sneak peak of what to expect with your rom....

Heres a couple DAY16 update pics....one word to describe the explosion of growth thats occuring on these roms...WOW.....A few days ago when i posted the last pics, they were just starting to flower....and i go in today to check them and literally my jaw hit the floor at how much development happed in those few day...the plants are just covered from top to bottom with buds...i believe the romulan is a fairy hefty yielder, and i can see why...other than that, pretty much the same....we've been having cooler weather here, so i barely have to run my ac...humidity is in check along with temps....still drying out from my last feeding...ill feed them tommorow...as of last feed, im running 930ppm...ill bump it up to 1100 this feed and see how they react to that....not showing any signs of burn, and new growth is a shade or so lighter than what i like it to be, so the bump should do them just fine....thats all for now...whoever reads this, thanks for taking the time to stop by my journal and i hope you all enjoy what you see......peace, Dabs
Attached File  001 (Small).JPG   46.41KB   23 downloadsAttached File  002 (Small).JPG   55.28KB   26 downloadsAttached File  004 (Small).JPG   53.4KB   25 downloadsAttached File  005 (Small).JPG   71.36KB   27 downloadsAttached File  006 (Small).JPG   53.11KB   26 downloadsAttached File  012 (Small).JPG   54.11KB   24 downloadsAttached File  011 (Small).JPG   63.09KB   22 downloadsAttached File  009 (Small).JPG   72.19KB   23 downloadsAttached File  010.JPG   2.28MB   18 downloadsAttached File  007 (Small).JPG   49.89KB   15 downloads
  • bongbonghi, Turpene, OniusOniusOnius and 2 others like this

#38 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:05 AM

now your sucking diesel m8 :) keep er lit dancingbaby1gif

Health and happiness

thanks teddy...these roms are an absolute blast to grow....im seriously amazed damn near every day when i do my checks....and the co2 lowers your flowering times a little, so maybe that is contributing to the rate of growth im seeingPosted Image

#39 Hotsause

Hotsause

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:52 AM

i have no idea the lineage of the Chemo i received her from the same guy as the Rom and Grapefruit all the genetics seem very solid

#40 chefjerome

chefjerome

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:36 PM

Welcome Dab! As you probably noticed already, GP is one of the best places in the world for the the MMJ community! Ton's of great info, conversation and some of the best folks around! Your Romulan looks great, jealous of the extra space your wife lets you use:) I'm restricted to a 4x5x7 tent plus a veg close but hey, it's better then her not letting me have any space at all! One of the best things about the folks here is that if they can't answer your question, they will post a link to help you or give you the name of someone who can help you. I've said it many times and I'll say it once more...the other grow sites out there don't come close to how wonderful GP's community is! best of luck, I'll be checking in:) CJ

#41 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

Welcome Dab! As you probably noticed already, GP is one of the best places in the world for the the MMJ community! Ton's of great info, conversation and some of the best folks around! Your Romulan looks great, jealous of the extra space your wife lets you use:) I'm restricted to a 4x5x7 tent plus a veg close but hey, it's better then her not letting me have any space at all! One of the best things about the folks here is that if they can't answer your question, they will post a link to help you or give you the name of someone who can help you. I've said it many times and I'll say it once more...the other grow sites out there don't come close to how wonderful GP's community is! best of luck, I'll be checking in:)
CJ

hi chef....and thanks for the welcome...and i absolutely agree with you on GP being the best place for the online mmj community!!!And i have personally experienced people going out of there ways to track down links to help me with my questions and that in itself speaks wonders...
hey man, a 4x5 tent is good size...you can definitely pull some decent yields out of that space...and i agree with you that its better than no space at all....with my wife, it was kinda a give to get situation....i had to buy her 2 pair of ugg boots(shes infatuated with them, i think they are hideous)in order for me to build my room..lol...i got a way better deal then herPosted Image but she was happy and thats all that matters..right?? right......so moral of the story is...that was 300$ well spent..
Thanks for stopping in chef and keep checking up on me, ill try not to disappoint.... Dabs
  • bongbonghi, OniusOniusOnius, teddys head and 1 other like this

#42 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

Day 26 Update!!

Basically just a quick update to let everyone see where im at with the roms....everythin is good....noticing that the further along they go, the more they wanna suck up the cal/mag...seems as though they cant get enough of it....they look really healthy...the buds are packing on weight daily...very nice bud development throughout the plants...some stacked for than others, but all in all, she seems like shes gonna turn out to be a fairly well producer....im loving her and she seems to be loving me back...dont you just love when ur plants seem to do that....i know i do....

heres a few shot of the buds, plant comparison and some group shots.....enjoy..Dabs
Attached File  003 (Small).JPG   32.17KB   31 downloadsAttached File  004 (Small).JPG   37.87KB   35 downloadsAttached File  005 (Small).JPG   39.11KB   33 downloadsAttached File  006 (Small).JPG   40.88KB   32 downloadsAttached File  007 (Small).JPG   31.29KB   30 downloadsAttached File  008 (Small).JPG   69.76KB   31 downloadsAttached File  010 (Small).JPG   80.48KB   29 downloadsAttached File  011 (Small).JPG   58.79KB   27 downloadsAttached File  009 (Small).JPG   72.39KB   24 downloads
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, GeeGee and 5 others like this

#43 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

Its going to be a wonderful harvest for sure!!! Great pics... will be watching them fatten up for ya! peace
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, teddys head and 2 others like this

#44 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:42 PM

Its going to be a wonderful harvest for sure!!! Great pics... will be watching them fatten up for ya!

peace

Hi poet....harvest are always wonderful...sticky finger season is my favorite time of the year....you will know exactly what im talking about in a few more weeks yourselfPosted Imagethanks for the compliment....sometimes i just catch myself in the garden lost in amazement....like i somehow just realize that "hey i grew these lovely plants"....lmao...then my breathtaking moment is usually interupted by my wife saying "hey weirdo, your talking to your girlfriends again...and you DO know they dont talk back right"...lol....so thanks for stopping by..and please keep doing as i like your input....Dabs
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, OniusOniusOnius and 2 others like this

#45 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

Your garden is phenomenal dabs! had a good laugh at your wife's comment on talking to the girls lol. I talk to them always but I also talk to my dog ha ha and thank you for the auto comment... hadn't thought about that option and I relocated her to the veg tent at 18/6... I do appreciate you mentioning that! (and it freed up some space for the others too!) ? did you increase the cal mag when they went into flower and do you keep increasing till harvest? yup I'm a noobie alright. ha ha Peace

#46 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

hey teddy...good to see you mate...thanks for takin a peek in....i think we all have are quirky points... hi poet....no problems on the auto situation....as for cal/mag....i usually dont feed it, unless i see a need for it....so lets say a cal or mag deficiency pops up, ill usually start at half the recommended dose...i use general organics calmag, so that would be 1 tsp per gallon...if i see that its took care of the problem, ill stop using it...if i see that its helping but not quite enough, then ill bump up the dosage....me personally though, once the deficiency is taken care of, i stop use....but if the plants seem like they need more and more, then i have no problems with pushing the dose up until they are stable...hope that helps ya..and thanks for stopping by......Dabs
  • Bueller, bongbonghi and teddys head like this

#47 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:42 PM

Day 29

Hello GP family....just giving a little update on the Romulans...Everything is going great....I have no complaints whatsoever on this run so far....The roms are moving ahead nicely...bud growth is definetly starting to pick up the pace some....in these 3 gallon pots, they are sucking about 1.5-2g of water/feed every 2 to 3 days...Havent seen any gnats at all lately, so i think i have that problem under control....Gognats and sticky traps took care of that thorn....i just gave them plain ph'd water yesterday....i bought some fox farm bloom boosters from the store....Beastie Blooms and Cha Ching....Does anyone have any experience with these products?Any good? Or are they just another uneccasary , overpriced, catchy label gimmick??lol....I got them cause a buddy of mine uses and swears that they make a differance, so i thought i would give them a shot....Theres another product in the 3 booster series but i didnt get the open sesame, because it was for early bloom that is meant for use up until week 4, then switch to the beastie bloomz...so thats where i stared...ill give it a shot and see how i like them...i really wont know the differance because this is my first time growing the roms, so nothing to compare to....lol...anyway...heres a couple pics....pic 1 is a Mandala seeds, Mandala#1...had a 10 pack of them for about a year....cracked 3...vegged for 2 months...sexed...ended up with 2 females,1 male...chucked the male and picked the more sativa lookin of the 2 and put in flower with the romulan...this is what i ended up with....kinda pissed because i didnt take any clones from her...turned out alot better than expected...oh well...i have more beans...heres the mandalaAttached File  007 (Small).JPG   32.7KB   19 downloads

And here are the RomulanAttached File  004 (Small).JPG   62.11KB   23 downloadsAttached File  005 (Small).JPG   49KB   21 downloadsAttached File  006 (Small).JPG   66.45KB   21 downloadsAttached File  008 (Small).JPG   34.11KB   19 downloadsAttached File  009 (Small).JPG   48.94KB   14 downloadsAttached File  010 (Small).JPG   72.65KB   14 downloadsAttached File  011 (Small).JPG   38.04KB   12 downloads
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, Turpene and 3 others like this

#48 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:03 AM

Posted ImageDay 40Posted ImageTime for another update on the romulan grow.....Ive been working swing shift, so getting time in the garden or an update has been a little harder to get around to doing...i had off today, so i had some time to get in there and do some re-arranging and tying some branches up....brought the camera along to snap a few pics....All in all they are doing great....still going smooth and has been a really easy strain to grow so far....garden is kinda on autopilot at the moment...i feed them and keep my temps in check and they are happy as can be...plants have very tight, dense buds...numerous colas on all plants...yield should be fairly hefty on these girls....It really hasnt been a tough strain to grow, besides being a little needy for cal/mag...they had another feeding tonight....(per gallon)30ml cns17 bloom/10ml liquid karma/10ml cal-mag/2ml superthrive and 1/2tsp cha-ching...ph'd to 6.8...ppm 1200...canopy temp 76 and rh 45%....swithced out my mh and put in my hps for the remainder of the grow....i figure on roughly 4 more weeks until the chop...ill do my best at doing weekly updates for the remainder of the grow....just wanted to say thanks for everyone who has chimmed/stopped in my journal, and im really stoked about how you guys made me feel at home since day 1, here at GP....any input is always appreciatted and welcomed....take care guys and let me know what your thinking....Peace, DabsPosted Image
Attached File  004 (Small).JPG   44.8KB   25 downloadsAttached File  007 (Small).JPG   39.92KB   31 downloadsAttached File  008 (Small).JPG   29.83KB   30 downloadsAttached File  009 (Small).JPG   37.42KB   28 downloadsAttached File  001 (Small).JPG   73.94KB   26 downloadsAttached File  002 (Small).JPG   78.17KB   20 downloadsAttached File  006 (Small).JPG   44.32KB   17 downloadsAttached File  010 (Small).JPG   79.97KB   15 downloadsAttached File  011 (Small).JPG   85.7KB   15 downloads

these little "ladies" are the results at my first attempt at chuckin' some pollen around.....they are BlueDreamXVortex and SourDieselXVortexAttached File  012 (Small).JPG   66.12KB   12 downloads

Edited by XLdabs, 29 October 2011 - 01:11 AM.

• Greenview, Bueller, bongbonghi and 4 others like this

#49 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:13 AM

Looking super chalky bro. What do these girlies smell like at day 40? Also, Blue Dream is a rocking good cut man. I totally wish I had one :rolleyes: Blue Dream x Vortex could produce some really interesting offspring. Good luck. Oh, and let me be the first to say welcome to the very exclusive, very cool, very sleepy club of swing shifters :)

#50 XLdabs

XLdabs

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:01 AM

Looking super chalky bro. What do these girlies smell like at day 40? Also, Blue Dream is a rocking good cut man. I totally wish I had one :rolleyes: Blue Dream x Vortex could produce some really interesting offspring. Good luck.

Oh, and let me be the first to say welcome to the very exclusive, very cool, very sleepy club of swing shifters :)

thanks OOO....i dont know man, my roms are almost fruity in a sense....not like candy fruity....but more of a fresh fruit fruity with a hint on woodsy on the side....thats the best i can explain it...when i was digging around in there trying to get you a smell review,lol, i notice that within the last week, these ladies are really packing on the frost...ill take some macro shots next update to show....
Im definetly a big fan of the BlueDream...i traded 3 of my cuts for a cut of it, but its was worth every cent/cut....i have some BD thats been in jarred up for about 3 months now...saving her for the holidays....this is my first run of the BDxvortex...and i think your right about some interesting offspring....

oh you mean the walkiing zombie club????.....thanks for stoppin in bro....take it easy....DAbs
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, OniusOniusOnius and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users