45 replies to this topic

#1 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:29 PM

hey brother whats up i have a ? for you if you have time can u please help, i got the bubbleponics i have germinated my seeds right now i have 5 gallons of water in the rez now on riu i read ur post about this but not quiet clear on how to do this,i put the seeds in the rockwool,take my 6th gallon mix half grow and micro nutes then pour a lil on rockwool,this is where i get confused,do you do this only if they are not germinated or is it safe to does this after they are germinated? if i put the already germinated seeds in the rockwool do i still put the lil plates over them till i see the sprouts?how long should the tap root be before i put them in? thank you i have started a journal i hope you can understand what i am asking here,if ne one else can answer this please do so thank you and god bless

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Tokecrazy

Tokecrazy

Hydro Guru

• Super Administrators
  • 6448 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:51 PM

I think you are asking {do you condition the rookwool before you plant the geminated seeds}.Yes.Drop them in some distilled water and let them fill up and then give them a squeezie,removing alot of water but not to make them dry again.Remove the raper from around the 1"x1" cube.Place your seed tail down in the cube and place the cube in the hydroton in the net pot.No I dont thing you need to cover the rockwool at this time.When you see the tail poping out of the seed haul put them in the cube.Now sit back and watch them grow. PEACE

#3 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:30 AM

Also if you are using Stealth Hydro nutes I believe you only use 1/3 nutes until they are six inches. It should be in the manual they gave you make sure you don't use full nutes. I'm sorry but I can't find my disc with the manuals.

#4 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:33 AM

Roseman posted this somewhere on this site already but here you go

http://www.stealthhy...trum_Lights.pdf

Page 11 and 12. No nutes until they are rooted seedlings 1-2 weeks. I think I told you I did that, I can't remember if it was you or somebody else...short term memory loss...lol.

#5 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:39 AM

i have it but i am not understanding it.in rosemans post on riu on page one he explains it i get confused if he is explaining to start with a non germinated seed or a germinated seed oh by the way i put 8 in a paper towel thinkin they all wouldnt crack well i was wrong they all cracked and got the white tap root coming out,in his post he he poured the nutes on the rockwool,was the seeds in the rockwool started with the paper towel or did he just drop the seeds in? u cover a non germinated seed with the plate,do u do the same with a germinated seed?jeez i am so confused

#6 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:43 AM

so reading that it seems that u dont add nutes till there 6-8 inches tall?

#7 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:52 AM

To get a fast start, you can put the seed in wet paper towels while you are setting up the system. You'll want to put the wet paper towel on a plate, fold it over several times, covering the seed, make sure it is very wet,and then place a bowl upside down over the seed to make sure they are kept in the dark and stay wet. The only problem doing it that way is the sprouts are very delicate and you will need some tweezers to put them in the rockwool cubes. YES, you can simply directly put the seed in the cubes to start with and that is faster and easier. Let's start at the beginning. Try to use a secluded closet, with the wooden dowel or long rod overhead that you hang clothes on. You will need to get a thick rope or some thin chain, to hang your lights on. If you have the two lights, get two lenghts of chain, (or rope) and make a three foot long loop. Rinse out the tank with clean water. Try to find a small box, table or something like a large ice chest to put your tank on INSTEAD OF RIGHT ON THE FLOOR.. Be soaking your airstone in clean water, soak it over an hour or two. Those DUAL Spectrum II lights are the very best. Take your rocks and put them in a large strainer or collander, and rinse them, and rinse them again, to get the dust off. Ignore the instructions that came with them about useing the pumped water to rinse them, that is too much trouble. Just rinse them first in a bowl. Get your tank and lights in place, and then take one of the cups, and fill it 2 inches deep with the hydroton rocks. Then put your rockwool cube in it, (take the plastic off the cube), and do not squeeze the cubes. Put one seed in the center of the cube, and put the cube in the cup, and put the rocks all around the cube. Do the 6 cups and put them in the lid,then put about a half inch of rocks on top of each cup, leaving the cube top uncovered. The top of the cube should be a little less than even with the top of the cup, or sitting an HALF inch lower than the top. Fill the tank with 5 gallons of the best water you can find, anything but city water. Use warm, room temp water. NOT HOT!(I use well water cause it is free) Now set the lid on the tank, and raise one side to see in , and make sure everything is connected good. Learn to use your hands and not your eyes to check the connections. The "hub" has to be connected to the underwater submersive pump. The end of each tube is inserted into the top holes of the cup. You should run one inch of tube into the cup, right up to the cube, touching it. You can start at the very beginning with the 6 cups in the lid, EVERYTHING CONNECTED, then load the cups. I bought some large fishing weights for 82 cents and used fishing line to tie them to the air stone so it would stay in one place on the bottom and not float up. You must be careful about what you use to anchor the air stone down to the bottom. Now get a one gallon jug, and mix half the GROW nutes in it, and half the micro nutes, in warm water and stir it and stir it. Drain it through a tea strainer to catch any undisolved little rocks or clumps. Now pour some of it into each cup or cube, just enough to wet the cubes. If you over soak them, they can possible colapse and you don't want that now. If they colapse later,that is OK. Now find 6 large styrafoam cups, or 6 small styrafoam saucers are better. Paper plates or disposable plastic plates will do. I use the saucers. I cut the bottoms out of the saucers, making a 4 inch disc or leaving them 4 inches in diameter. I cut a one inch hole in the center of each. I put one on each cup. They hold the moisture in the rocks and they block the light from the seed. This is not permanent, it is just for now. DO NOT TURN THE LIGHTS ON YET. Turn it all on, the pumps, leaving it in the dark, with the pump pumping the water to each cube, and the air stone bubbling and wait 4 to 6 days and you should see sprouts coming up. DO NOTHING DURING THOSE DAYS YOU ARE WAITING TO SEE THE SPROUTS. Have two or 3 extra seeds still in the wet paper towels, in case one of the seeds in the cups do not sprout. Then you can put that sprout in the cube. As soon as you see any sprout coming up, turn the lights on. With the Dual Spectrum lights, you can and should place them 2 or 3 inches above the plants. They do not put out any heat and the closer they are to the plant, the better. IF you place the lights 2 inches over the plants, you will have to raise them twice a day, due to the rapid growth.

#8 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:55 AM

thats what i dont understand

#9 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:56 AM

Now get a one gallon jug, and mix half the GROW nutes in it, and half the micro nutes, in warm water and stir it and stir it. Drain it through a tea strainer to catch any undisolved little rocks or clumps. Now pour some of it into each cup or cube, just enough to wet the cubes. If you over soak them, they can possible colapse and you don't want that now. If they colapse later,that is OK. Now find 6 large styrafoam cups, or 6 small styrafoam saucers are better. Paper plates or disposable plastic plates will do. I use the saucers. I cut the bottoms out of the saucers, making a 4 inch disc or leaving them 4 inches in diameter. I cut a one inch hole in the center of each. I put one on each cup. They hold the moisture in the rocks and they block the light from the seed.

#10 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:57 AM

and this here are these germinated seeds or non germinated?

#11 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:08 AM

Do not use any nutrients until cuttings have rooted, or seedlings appear (roughly 1-2 weeks).

The first nutrient application should be ¼ strength, gradually building to full strength when plants are 8 to 10 inches tall.

Ok what Roseman was saying is that you can germinate outside the rockwool by using the paper towel method but he thinks the easier way is to germinate them right in the rockwool.

Next get those seeds in the rockwool if they have cracked, you should moisten the rockwool like tokecrazy said before putting them in. Next cover the cups with a saucer like Roseman said. No need to remove the saucers until you see a sprout. When the seedlings are sprouted start with 1/4 strength nutes.

Also it does appear that roseman did add a light amount of nutes to the water he used to soak the rockwool. So do the one gallon thing mix in half the suggested amount of nutes, I would add half of the 1/4 strength nutes (1/8 of the bag ). You should be OK the seedlings don't need much in the way of nutes. Better to always UNDERDO something than too overdue something.

#12 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:13 AM

cool thanks once they sprout 1/4 nuts on one day then 1/4 next day thank you sorry if i made more complicated then it is

#13 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:14 AM

dropin them in covering them turn pumps on and smokein brain hurts

#14 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:22 AM

cool thanks once they sprout 1/4 nuts on one day then 1/4 next day thank you sorry if i made more complicated then it is

No just add 1/8 day one next day add 1/8 nutes for a total of 1/4 strength. If you do 1/4 + 1/4 you will have one half strength.

I editted my earlier post it explains it. Now worries my friend I was excited and I overanalyzed everything, it's easier than you think. You aren't going to kill any plants by using too little at this point, but overdueing will kill plants, stunt them etc.

If you underfeed the plants will let you know, if you overdue it's not good it's easier to add something later. If you overfeed you can't really fix that. Especially when they are seedlings, they are like babies.

#15 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:36 AM

cool i am worring my self to much i know lol excited and all i was starting to think i was in over my head but i know i am in good hands here!!!!

#16 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:54 AM

cool i am worring my self to much i know lol excited and all i was starting to think i was in over my head but i know i am in good hands here!!!!

You'll see it' easy. You said you had 8 seeds? Might be time to get some soil for those two other seeds...maybe you could try both

#17 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:57 AM

yeah i was thinkin that,cuz u know if i end up with 2 males and didnt do nothing with the other 2 first thought will dang i threw away 2 females

#18 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:01 AM

yeah i was thinkin that,cuz u know if i end up with 2 males and didnt do nothing with the other 2 first thought will dang i threw away 2 females

You want some males cause those six plants are going to overtake that unit quick

Here are three plants at about a month give or take a couple days

Attached Files

#19 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:06 AM

giggles do yoy top or fim prune ur plants? i was thinking of doing mine,kinda goin for the sog first would like to get the most i can

#20 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:07 AM

are u for real? u got pics of ur lil ladies?

#21 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:13 AM

giggles do yoy top or fim prune ur plants? i was thinking of doing mine,kinda goin for the sog first would like to get the most i can

No, but this was a little while ago, I did trim them, I took clones gave them a week and started to flower, I think two of them are males. If you are doing a sog you could probably cut the veg time down.

Notice how the one plant has those gangly lower branches? I was wondering if I could scrog the lower branches on all my plants, use one light on the scrog part and another light on the upper plant...maybe one day I will try it, I have to think it through first

#22 Roseman

Roseman

Teaching to grow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:17 AM

hey brother whats up i have a ? for you if you have time can u please help, i got the bubbleponics i have germinated my seeds right now i have 5 gallons of water in the rez now on riu i read ur post about this but not quiet clear on how to do this,i put the seeds in the rockwool,take my 6th gallon mix half grow and micro nutes then pour a lil on rockwool,this is where i get confused,do you do this only if they are not germinated or is it safe to does this after they are germinated? if i put the already germinated seeds in the rockwool do i still put the lil plates over them till i see the sprouts?how long should the tap root be before i put them in? thank you i have started a journal i hope you can understand what i am asking here,if ne one else can answer this please do so thank you and god bless

Bro, so sorry it took me so long to see this question. We had company last night, and I didn't get to get on here. I've done three of the Bubbleponic grows, and I learned more from each grow.
I've been banned at the other site, so I do not know if my threads are still there or not.
1, go to stealthhydro.com and look for the free pdf instruction download, we just re-wrote and revised it. Most of your questions are answered in it.
2, remember to spray a pesticide around the edge of the walls, before you get started. Spider mites and other criters are attracted to the humidity and water and plants.

Start by germinating your seeds, and you can do that several ways. You can germinate them first, outside the cubes, wet them in clean water, lay them on a doubled wet paper towel, fold the wet paper towel over on them, wet them again, and have the wet paper towel on a plate, and cover that wet towel with the seeds in it, with a big bowl. Keep them in the dark and in 3 or 4 days, look to see if you see a little sprout. Any lenght of root is OK. With tweezers, put them in a wet rockwool cube. Try not to touch them with your hands.
OR just start the seeds in the cube, be sure the cube is wet, and have the Bubbleponic feed tubes going to each cube. NO NUTES YET!
NO NUTES YET ! No nutes until you see those two little leaves.then use 1/3 TO 1/4 nutes.
The little plates, (bottom of styrafoam saucers) keep it dark, and wet if you started the seed in the cubes. If the seed is germianted and sprouting out, have a one inch hole in the center of the styrafoam, so the sprout grows thru. The plate holds in moisture and keeps the lights from hitting the rocks and cube.
Bro, I am here for you, let me know how I can help,.and I will move this to the bubbleponics thread for all to see there too.
Peace, bro
  • BCbuddist likes this

#23 Roseman

Roseman

Teaching to grow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:25 AM

My first two grows, I started the seed in the cubes with WATER ONLY. I let the tubes wet them,and in 5 days, I saw sprouts, with two leaves. When they were two inches tall, I added a level teasspoon of the GROW and MICRO nutes.
My third grow, I started the seed in wet towels and put them in the cubes when i saw a little sprout. 1/3 to 1/2 nutes will not yellow or harm them, AFTER they are 3 or 4 inches tall. at about 4 or 5 inches tall, I went to full strenght nutes.

The MICRO nutes really strenghten the stems, so they stand up! If you waited until they were 8 inches tall, they'd fall over and be too tall !
This is a pic of plants ONLY 14 days out of the cube! They are about 6 inches tall, and have been on nutes for 7 days!

The lights were raised to take the pic, I kept them 3 inches above the plants.

#24 Roseman

Roseman

Teaching to grow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:33 AM

they will be ABOUT 6 inches tall after 5 to 7 days depending on if they are Indica or sativa.

#25 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:38 AM

thank you rosey,i just put them in the rockwool to day,i germinated them in the wet paper towel,i put bout 1 an 1/2 inch hydrton rocks then rockwool put the seeds in root down bout a 1/2 inch into the rockwool no nutes was added coverd them with the plates turned the pump and airstones on and smoked a phat one,it took a lil over 30 hrs for all 8 nirvana snow whites to germ in a paper towel two plates on top of my cable box i am impressed!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users