29 replies to this topic

#26 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

No, not tried em, no access to em as yet....but will look into it hmmm thinking.gif muA
  • Itinkso likes this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationThe Real Nothern Cal..

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:21 AM

Medi thanks for posting, I too have never used a hygrometer..but will try one this year thanks to you. This old fart welcomes new tricks! Hey for sealing big gallon jars. I set my jar on the part of my wood stove where it is too hot to touch but not blazing. To much heat right away will break your jar-valuable lesson learned from mistake one day. When the jar is too hot to handle without a towel- I remove it with a towel and pour in the stash. Screw on the lid tight. This baby will cool rapidly and seal airtight just like when canning. I have stored properly dried bud this way for years and the meds stay very fresh n tasty. Thanks for your thread, peace DD
  • couchpotatoking and Quark like this

#28 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:31 AM

superb idea, doobie! :D hehehe :toking: one could also sit the jars in hot water for the same effect, remove when heated and seal...sweet...this is gonna be used in me repertoire of tricks! hehehe...ta the jar...and the air in it are warmed....put the lid on and when the jar cools the air pressure in the jar will be lower, thus creating a mild vacume seal... :D muA
  • DoobieDuck and couchpotatoking like this

#29 Quark

Quark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

@doobie, that sounds like a superb idea. It's always good to learn new tricks.

#30 sweettooth222

sweettooth222

Educated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:33 AM

i don't know if anyone has seen them but looking up curing and found this online figured everyone would like to see it and didn't know were to post it 

http://www.cureand.c...l-cure-cap.html

and i also was posting on this thread to ask if anyone has read kyle kushmans article on curing and how he refers to aromatic bacteria that eats the chlorophyll rather than what i always understood about curing(that always landed me with a process like this thread) with the chlorophyll being pushed out by the little bit of moisture you leave in it......anyone have any ideas or facts?

• Bueller and KnuckleDragger like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users