10 replies to this topic

#1 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:41 AM

I did this quickie to assist a member in March of 2010, show how easy it was to clone for me ...
SO I pulled it out of the posting and thought some might find it helpful.

From March, 2010..

Ok,

Here are 15 clones. I have taken no care whatsoever with them since they were cuy 9 days ago.I put them in a cup of water and left them in the veg closet under fluoro's of 6500K. They were cut from a mother plant clone that I took in September 5. The mother plant was a lower branch 3 leaf set. The mother plant is 7 inches tall and holds two other strains by graft. I trimmed her down to Bonsai size and these were the cuttings.

I was thinking of tossing them when this discussion came up, so here is the cloning.

First is my set-up with the equipment I use, nothing more.

Second is how I put the tray next to my work area and you can see some older clones that are my desk mates behind my work area. Light is a single 6500K 24 inch strip light from Wally World.The wooden frame is from scrap cedar.

Next is the end cut. I cut at an angle at a node. In these clones,I have the apical tip, one node set and then stem to my cut.

Then I scrape with a razor blade toward the cut, the outer layer of the stalk about 3/4 inch up. I clean of the clutter and dip it in water, coat with the powder and put in the cubes.

The cubes have holes started and are moist. Just to be safe, I put my scissors down the hole with a little powder on the end and make sure the hole is clear, then mist the top, insert into the plug and into the tray.

When the tray is filled, I mist them all lightly and mist the inside of the moisture dome and cover them up.

There is no heat mat, just what you see in a room that is 70 to 80 degrees F.

Now comes the waiting for the roots.

Let's see what happens, no cutting under water, no refrigerated cuts, no heat mat, no temp gauge and no nutrients, just misting with water 2 times a day.

I also trimmed a couple leaves to show you another practice that is done as mentioned by Op. I don't trim them unless I find they will be in the way or against the dome.

Peace!
Pete

The operation took 15 minutes from set up to clean up.

Attached File  1.jpg   47.63KB   103 downloads

Attached File  2.jpg   40.24KB   139 downloads

Attached File  3.jpg   29.09KB   133 downloads

Attached File  4.jpg   45.59KB   137 downloads

Attached File  5.jpg   33.52KB   133 downloads

Attached File  6.5.jpg   45.61KB   115 downloads

Attached File  7.jpg   42.49KB   99 downloads
  • Turf, bongbonghi, mrman1961 and 11 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:48 AM

WTG .. Mr Petey..... Thank you!
  • Turf, Bueller, bongbonghi and 5 others like this

#3 guestpatient

guestpatient

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:48 AM

Should be very helpful for the cloning virgins amongst us, pete! If it's cool to interject, it might be helpful to mention to peeps readin'along that this same procedure/tutorial can be used with cloning "gel" or with dip n Grow, which is the liquid form of the same rooting hormone. clone 'em up, folks! good show, pete. mp

#4 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:02 AM

Very kewl mp! Thanks my friend! Pete
  • bongbonghi, mrman1961, Itinkso and 4 others like this

#5 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21658 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:20 AM

Cloning is an easy process, just make sure you grab extra clones cause you'll probably lose a couple.
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, Itinkso and 5 others like this

#6 tigger

tigger

medicine woman

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

Cool Pete! Thank you!
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#7 deke22

deke22

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

i myself will be taking cuttings tonight,,,so thanx for the info as its the first time i,ve taken them,, pray for me,,,lol,, peace Posted Image ;-}_,
  • Turf, Bueller, bongbonghi and 3 others like this

#8 xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx

THC- Transcendence Healing Cannabis

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts
  • LocationA place between Heaven and Hell when said in English

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

Great Tuitorial Pete , Its how I ran for 22 years , I did step up to a clone machine this last year for convenience and ease of Hydro transition , but still I keep the tools and supplies handy in case it fails like an electrical outage .Being a Elite clone whore its mandatory for me to clone regularly on a schedule . Some strains will even root in a cup of tap water , just harvested my Buush plant and this was the one that rooted in a cup of H20 .. heheh what fun she was and a beauty too............................ PPS flyingsmiley.gif
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#9 deke22

deke22

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

i,m in the uk and havn,t really been sucsessfull at cloning yet, the 8 i took never rooted so i,m hoping it was the powder and not anything i did, as i used a few different methods that were from this forum and looked at youtube and followed instructions from there aswell, i woulda hoped for at least a few to have taken root but no, not one,so i,m puzzled at the mo, and i,m hoping to take more from the chemdog and blue cheese i even took the cuttings from differnt areas from each plant, so i dunno, something i,m really gonna have to get right and sooner rahter than later, again i,m puzzled, any advice???? thanks and peace ;-}_,
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, Itinkso and 1 other like this

#10 toastynoodles1

toastynoodles1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:11 AM

Great walk throught.
  • Bueller, bongbonghi, Itinkso and 1 other like this

#11 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:01 AM

Good instruction, nice and easy explained,,, A couple of years ago I broke the bottom part of the main stem, broke right off,, So I said frig it and just stuck it in the potted soil,,, She did really good and stood tall and strong throughout her life,,,lol It's amazing what these plants can do,, But always do your cloning like Pete gives us, You want to be sure of survival and the clones will also recover much faster with this method.... Thanks again,,, Happy cloning
  • Bueller and bongbonghi like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users