#1 eloquentsolution

eloquentsolution

Alchemist Extraordinare!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:46 AM

it has been some time since last posting. thot i would catch everyone up on mom, alzheimer's and cannabis. Mom is one of only fifty Alzheimer’s qualified mmj patients in the US. I have been caring for her for over two years now. Much has changed in my knowledge and experience with Alzheimer’s and mom. But that is another story. I wish to address mom, Alzheimer’s and cannabis today. I will present an ideal day, used as an outline to return to, when the most recent trauma has been resolved. Before delving into her schedule, let me define holy anointing oil (HAO) and holy shit (HS). These are concentrate concoctions of cannabis made from hash oil. The recipe, for the benefit of all interested in holistic medicine for Alzheimer’s, is as follows: Holy Anointing Oil (HAO) X=hash oil (butane, ethanol, isopropyl, hexane…whatever you choose) .3X=unrefined coconut oil X/15=cinnamon leaf oil X/15=cinnamon bark oil X/30=myrrh oil Holy Shit (HS) 63% concentration of cannabis hash oil Add .1X=cinnamon candy flavoring Topical Holy Anointing Oil Change quantity of myrrh oil to X/15 Add any or all .1X=emu oil x/15=jojoba oil arnica montana Mornings begin around 2-3am with toileting (usually including a bowel movement), then again around 8-9 (including bowel movement) when I medicate her with holy shit (see above) and give her probiotics (liquid suspension). She returns to bed until around 10:30-11 when she arises with a smile on her face. (Remove and clean her teeth while sleeping or you will not get them out.) While on the toilet, she takes her liquid suspension multiple vitamins, additional d and b12, anti seizure meds and her second dose of holy shit followed by a cleansing of the pallet using homemade horchata (made with brown rice, rice milk, local honey, medical dose of cinnamon, vanilla and diluted with coconut milk, also good for AD). Dress and groom her while on the toilet, except for bath days when she lounges in the tub. Make a game of girls in the powder room together to keep her spirits up. Her favorite breakfast is blueberry pancakes (gluten and dairy free) made with rice and tapioca flower and yogurt, drizzled with local honey. She loves a glass or two of coconut milk with her pancakes. She has eaten as many as six cakes. If she eats eggs, she will also have potatoes and fruit as well as juice. Vaporizing via second hand smoke is necessary to relieve her asthma as well as peak agitation so that she will take the HS. If too agitated, make her tea spiked with cannabis suspended in ethanol (tincture). This will calm her quickly so that you may dose her with oral HS. This is necessary on bad mornings as well as bad sun downing. Breakfast takes from one to three hours to eat, so somewhere in there she takes another dropper of HS, followed by horchata. Now she is set to play find and hide….a game where she hides something you need in a place you will never think of looking. She is on the go constantly so must be tied down to eat other wise she forgets she is eating and tries to leave. We encourage her to drink all day (so she will require a couple pit stops). Snacking on fruit, smoothies, soups etc also happens all day. Lots of walking (outside if weather permitting) happens until dinner time, when she is medicated once again. By now sun downing is in full swing so do not be late with a dose of HS, followed by horchata. Go along with her during sun downing, but be mindful, if she gets too agitated, it is calming for her to be gated into her chair, but stay with her and talk to her, while someone prepares her tea (if possible). Dinner is prepared from whole foods paying close attention to eye appeal (dish as well as food), taste (she prefers sweet), temperature (tepid, never hot or cold), aroma (she gets excited when the house smells good) and last but perhaps most important is company (she loves to chat while eating, even if you can understand nothing, she loves sharing a meal). The process of eating dinner takes from 1-3 hours. After dinner she is toileted, visits, walks around, plays with her doll or Maggie (my dog), watches tv, gets a foot message (using holy root balm of course), etc. Eventually she settles into dosing on the couch with me. At 10pm I dress her for bed while she is toileting. I give her anti seizure meds and HS if needed to sleep, but usually not. She hangs with me till around 11 when she toilets for the last time. Nite, nite! A friend asked me what her consumption was. I always think in terms of oil, so had to work backward. Many consider me high tolerance. I laugh. At the age of 83, mom kicks my ass along with everyone I know. Know of a patient with a pound a month cannabis habit??? Wow, that’s my mom! A far cry from the 200 mg of seroquil (anti psychotic…..along with its black box warnings for the elderly) she was taking for aggression, agitation and sleeplessness. Mom likes her cannabis, obviously. I’m so glad Graywolf has all the kinks worked out of the skunk pharm butane recycling system! Anyone need empty butane cans?
  • jangel, Greenview, GeeGee and 8 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 mediuse

mediuse

Words, Theory's, Idea's...I got 'em!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:33 AM

ES...thank you for sharing this...it is greatly heartening and helpful to me...I am carer for a schizophrenic gentleman...and have a routine similar in ways to yours with your mother...it great to see you have a good routine going...I too have a routine but not as tight and well formed as yours... You lead a strict and ritualized existence with this disease...and with health probs of your own...seeing you grab the reigns and take control is inspiring...Thank you for sharing. muA
  • jangel, Greenview, Turpene and 6 others like this

#3 eloquentsolution

eloquentsolution

Alchemist Extraordinare!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:59 AM

i'm happy to share, mu. my amazement is the consumption....a pound a month! in oil of course.

Edited by eloquentsolution, 31 May 2011 - 12:11 PM.

• jangel, Turpene, usstoner and 3 others like this

#4 nsana

nsana

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

i'm happy to share, mu. my amazement is the consumption....a pound a month! in oil of course.

WOW E.S. thats twice as much as I am consuming. Hope you've got a good garden. Nsana

Edited by nsana, 31 May 2011 - 12:42 PM.

• jangel, Turpene, usstoner and 3 others like this

#5 eloquentsolution

eloquentsolution

Alchemist Extraordinare!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:55 AM

WOW E.S. thats twice as much as I am consuming. Hope you've got a good garden. Nsana

exactly! when people (usually young) say i have high tolerance (similar to yours), i say, "you should meet my mother!"

my garden is just building again after an RE appraisal take down. but yes, i normally grow plants as big as the space will permit. i'm down from the old 7"ers to 5 feet with a 1/4 lb to 3/4 lb yield per, 10 in bud with perpetual grow.
  • Greenview, Turpene, usstoner and 3 others like this

#6 Papaw49

Papaw49

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5641 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

Wow she is on a much stronger doses than my dad was. Thank you sharing.
  • Turpene, usstoner, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#7 eloquentsolution

eloquentsolution

Alchemist Extraordinare!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:14 PM

Wow she is on a much stronger doses than my dad was. Thank you sharing.

yes, that is why i was asking you so many questions. without mmj, mom is angry, defiant, aggressive and physical. i was amazed at how a cookie helped your dad and my mom requires multiple droppers of oil per day or she will be hitting, kicking, etc.

edit: those that know mom, see she is a happy, kind and caring when on mmj, just as she was before alzheimers.

Edited by eloquentsolution, 02 June 2011 - 01:16 PM.

• Greenview, usstoner, Itinkso and 3 others like this

#8 Nicholas

Nicholas

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationThe moooooon

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

Thank you for sharing your story ES, it is so fascinating to get a glimpse into another's daily existence, especially when cannabis is involved in making that daily existence better. I admire your volition!
  • usstoner, Itinkso and Blue61 like this

#9 usstoner

usstoner

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1728 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:55 PM

thanks for sharing....i hope ur mother is doing great....godbless...
  • Itinkso likes this

#10 eloquentsolution

eloquentsolution

Alchemist Extraordinare!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

i may have posted this info elsewhere, but feel it needs to be here. when, mom was going through a series of uti's due to med changes (long story), that reveal in behavioral issues for the demented. during that period of time, i increased her dose to between .3 and .5 grams every two waking hours. that is six or seven doses a day or on the light side, 62 grams per month....that is more then a cancer cure...in one month. the cognitive results were unmistakably positive. she began to interact appropriately, become more animated and loving, and appropriately reactive, choosing short phrases. in short, her cognitive thinking had improved! even her doctor noticed the dramatic improvement, saying, "I wish all my Alzheimer's patients were on cannabis. look at her quality of life!" this from physicians that do not normally sign for medical cannabis cards. she is still struggling with western medication, specifically anti seizure medication. when she came to me she was on dilantin which carries a demented side effect....perfect for an alzheimer's patient. it took untill june of 2011for me to convince the dr to take her off. that perhaps it was the serolquil that was causing the seizures. she seized. but this time we tried a different drug, depekote....diarrhea. ween her off and on to the next. i believe we are on round four now. no seizures but the diarrhea, repeatedly, is not tolerable. and we will continue to move to the next. (or until i can find a cannabis solution.) in the meantime, her poor little butt is raw. holy root balm to the rescue! (MU's recipe with my twist) thanks MU. i have read that cbd's are the anti seizure (anti spasmatic and anti epileptic) cannabinoid. i am in the process of growing out plants of balanced thc/cbd. meanwhile, i have a small amount that i can start her with. when i can assure myself of enough oil to accommodate mom and the cancer patients skunk pharm research supports, i will take western meds away to see if cannabis can solve this problem for her as well. interestingly, there is no history of seizures for her or in our family. she was given dilantin for muscle spasms, when western medicine quit prescribing it, deeming it damaging to the body. in talking to my pharmacist, it seems that once you begin taking an anti seizure medication, whether or not you have seizures, you must take it for life or you will get seizures. can cannabis save mom from seizures? can i add recovery from anti seizure medication to the list of ailments for which she no longer takes medication; asthma, arthritis, alzheimers, blood pressure, muscle spasms? in the process of the different medications, mom has lost another ten pounds. but i have hippie chicken hanging and will be extracting her soon. mom will eat then. (it has become obvious that high cbd strains induce appetite. she eats well after anti seizure cannabis medication. hopefully others can watch that tendency to see if this is an isolated response.) updates to follow.

Edited by eloquentsolution, 10 January 2012 - 07:15 PM.

• Itinkso likes this

#11 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:46 AM

Thanks ES...great info. your description of ya mum not on cannabis is remarkable similarity in ways to Mr X ....after 75+ days of bad episodes, we have discovered something as simple as leaf N tip sprinkled into the lil bud he does smoke works wonders!....not in the stone but the day after!...X is calm...composed and in control...I believe the cbd/n's in the leaf N tip contribute to this. muA
  • Greenview and Itinkso like this

#12 eloquentsolution

eloquentsolution

Alchemist Extraordinare!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

the progression continues. mom is currently on levetiracetam as an anti seizure med. this is the forth med change. the diarreah is less severe with this med then the others (we ran out of options) so her dr. has prescribed liquid opium to take care of the diarreah. it is working .3 ml dose every other day, at night. perhaps i can stretch it to every three days we will see. cost is not covered by ins. $80 for 18 ml.....16 day supply at max dose. i view this as temporary. ilevetiracet is stopping the seizures. we reduced the dose by 1/2 still noo seizure but still has diarreah. we have done a blood draw to check the med level to make sure she will not seize. i get those results tuesday. i hope it is too low for anti seizure effects. that would mean that the twice daily dose of high cbd cannabis is doing thhe trick. if that is the case, it will be much easier to remove the western medication which was stopping seizures, but is also causing diarreah, which gives her uti's, which give her seizures. and you guessed it, she has a uti, negatively effectng her behavior...refuses her meds, so i must also crush antibiotics and convince her to take them as well! if that were not enough, she seems to have contacted a slight cold....sigh. the musinex is bitter causing her to spit it out......i will let her nose run til i get the uti taken care of. then i can more easily convince her to take the cold med. this will be much easier when i find the cannabinoid combination to stop seizures. i think i'm pretty close.
  • Greenview and Itinkso like this

#13 froggymountain

froggymountain

SHeaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

Cannabis may well be the missing link in preventing Alzheimer’s in addition to is already known capacity to slow the progress, and in remote cases cease progress, of this dehumanizing disease. Now overcoming Parkinson’s, Stroke and other neurodegenerative diseases may be just a little more than a “puff away”.

Goto www.congress.org and inform your leaders of the duplicity of the “War On Drugs” that sends thousands of sick and ailing to a prison of mind more impenetrable than steel every day.

Alzheimer's disease is the leading cause of dementia among the elderly, and with the ever-increasing
size of this population, cases of Alzheimer's disease are expected to triple over the next 50 years.
Consequently, the development of treatments that slow or halt the disease progression have become
imperative to both improve the quality of life for patients as well as reduce the health care costs
attributable to Alzheimer's disease. Here, we demonstrate that the active component of marijuana,

Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), competitively inhibits the enzyme acetylcholinesterase (AChE) as
well as prevents AChE-induced amyloid β-peptide (Aβ) aggregation, the key pathological marker
of Alzheimer's disease. Computational modeling of the THC-AChE interaction revealed that THC
binds in the peripheral anionic site of AChE, the critical region involved in amyloidgenesis.
Compared to currently approved drugs prescribed for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, THC is
a considerably superior inhibitor of Aβ aggregation, and this study provides a previously
unrecognized molecular mechanism through which cannabinoid molecules may directly impact the
progression of this debilitating disease.

http://cannabisclini...lecularLink.pdf
http://cannabisclinicians.org/

US6630507_Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants
Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants

Abstract

Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH.sub.3, and COCH.sub.3. ##STR1##
  • Greenview likes this

#14 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:20 AM

ta, froggy...good info there... :toking: muA
  • Greenview likes this

#15 froggymountain

froggymountain

SHeaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

Cannabis was created to serve, protect and nourish humanity. It is an essential component for everyone.
  • Greenview likes this

#16 froggymountain

froggymountain

SHeaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

Jack Herer was correct - cannabis should be consumed every day as a potent nutritional element while we are young to stave off neurological disorders due to aging. A cookie or brownie anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users