514 replies to this topic

#501 420circuit

420circuit

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:13 AM

Maybe some free advice here from someone who knows something about vapes? My Pax unit never gets used anymore because I just don't like it and the EZ vape is no fun because it is messy, spilling ground up weed whenever I use it. So I use my bong to deliver flavorful hits of smoke. Is there a vape that can deliver rich tokes of flower smoke that are as satisfying as a bong? Or something close? Tried the oil vape and didn't enjoy it, prefer flower. The Pax is the original, maybe the new version is better? Any suggestions for reducing the amount of coughing that goes with this method of ingesting are gratefully accepted.

vape Pen
vape Pen
Ez vape

• KnuckleDragger likes this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#502 Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • LocationThe Vapor Trail

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:20 PM

Use vacuum from your lungs to keep the herb in the easy vape.

You do not need to use the leaning method that I showed here.. where I move the actual vape.

Here's another box vape video.

Pax needs thorough cleaning after a few uses.

The above shows how to clean around the spring

The next video shows how to make a steel wool swab to keep the Pax oven and "screen" clean.

• KnuckleDragger and 420circuit like this

#503 420circuit

420circuit

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:39 PM

Good suggestions, thanks. Maybe it's like Princess and the Pea story, I just like a big old toke from a bong better than any other method that I've tried. Trying to look out for my health by seeking a less lung-abusive way to enjoy inhaled cannabis. Cleaning the Pax isn't a problem, I keep it sparkling, it just delivers a weak puff to my senses. I tried a Mighty at a gathering and experienced a malfunction that sprayed my lungs with a LOT of oil, which turned me off to that line. I don't like dabbing, just as a very rare treat, because of how harsh it is on these old windbags.

All I want is a bong hit that tastes great but has less filler. beginning to feel like a beer ad.

bong

• Tokecrazy, KnuckleDragger and Vitolo like this

#504 Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:17 PM

The list of potential good units for you is immense.

Cost does come in there.

There is alllso the variance between conductive heating (like the pax)

and Convective heating (like the EZ Vape).

Some vaporists do well with coaching, and a session or two with another vaporist.

Message me if you want help like this. I can work with you as we discuss technique.

Convective heat vapor is my preferred method, and I use an SSV or a VaporBrothers (that is an original ... EZ Vape and other boxes are knock offs) most often.

A vaporist with practice can make any instrument play a symphony if the device functions as it should.

• Tokecrazy, KnuckleDragger and 420circuit like this

#505 420circuit

420circuit

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:56 PM

OK, I need to spend a little quality time with that hot box. I had a Buddha in 2008, but after seeing it sit around for a couple years, sold it and now regret it. Low temp vaping seems to be popular nowadays, do you have any suggestions for a temp to start out with?

• Tokecrazy and Vitolo like this

#506 Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:14 PM

I do not believe the temperature reading on a generic box vape, so a good way to start is:

yurn it up 100% for 10 minutes, then lower it down to exactly half... and let it cool for a minute or 2.

Then try doing your first hit.

First hit with a fresh bowl usually does not yield the same amount and thickness of the second and third hits.

Remember to stir the load between hits.

After the hit at halway setting, you will know if you should turn the heat higher.

Many people leave it up high, and just do very swift hits (to avoid combustion).

Were this a vaporizer with proven temp accuracy I would say 375ยบ, but I know you can find your sweet spot with the method I suggest.

• 420circuit likes this

#507 420circuit

420circuit

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:19 PM

Good ideas, I'll use a non contact thermo to check the heated end. This week is a good time to experiment, weather is turning bad and I'll be stuck inside with a bunch of new cannabis oil blends to test. As an experienced vapist, are you also familiar with edibles? The effects of the different strains show up similarly with different methods of ingesting, what I would be curious to know if if there are strains that lend themselves to vaporizing. With edible oil I've found that Blueberry gives a nice head effect, I think much better when eaten than smoked. Haze is reputed to be a difficult edible, as with the rep of most sativas, but the warnings were enough for me, so I haven't made any edible haze oil.

#508 Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:35 PM

I make Edible oils and cannabutter, and tinctures, from Ethanol, and glycerin, and a variety of medibles.
Take a look at some of them at

http://www.greenpass...to/#entry559478

• 420circuit likes this

#509 420circuit

420circuit

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:58 PM

Holy edibles! You got it way worse than me, your kitchen must have a very distinct aroma. Hysterical

I know it would take much of fun out of it, but have you considered using edible extracted oil as an ingredient? It certainly doesn't taste very nice. If I was going to take the next step with my cannabis project, a Rotovap is the direction that I would look, but the final product that I'm looking to produce is a full plant style extraction in order to test the medical properties at a pretty high level, maintained for an extended time. Delicious edibles look like a very pleasant way to spend time. I see that you had some Blueberry too, perhaps my favorite single strain oil so far. Cookies look good.

BB 6 And half weeks In DWC
From Dutch Passion seeds.

• Vitolo likes this

#510 Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:16 PM

I know it would take much of fun out of it, but have you considered using edible extracted oil as an ingredient?

It did not ruin the fun for me. I have made lollypops and stained glass candy out of edible extracted oil.

I've made a few batches with Rick Simpson Oil as well.

(For simplicity, I actually melt down Jolly Ranchers when working with edible extract oil or RSO)

Photoon2014-08-08at1616.jpg

• 420circuit likes this

#511 Verwegener

Verwegener

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the wop wops of Germany

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:00 AM

Hello Vitolo!

Within a few days I will get the "Volcano Medic"

https://www.vapormed.com/eu/en/home/

it is the only medically approved Vapo in Germany, so after some wrangling
with my health insurance..., they have to pay finally.
I saw your video about the "Volcano Digit", is that basically the same Vapo, or
do you have any experience with the "Medic"?

Peace,  Martin

• Vitolo likes this

#512 Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:05 AM

Congratulations on successful approval of your prescribed Tool!

Yes, I have had many experiences with the Volcano Medic.

What that means is that the S&B factory has been certified as being clean, and sterile.

In Europe they are referred to as this, in the USA they are not as concerned about the factory conditions, so they do not advertise to those needs.

All of the details can be found at:

http://www.vapormed....ail_2012-04.pdf

http://www.vapormed....r_Pricelist.pdf

and https://www.storz-bickel.com/us/en/sb/

Edited by Vitolo, 20 May 2017 - 10:06 AM.

• Verwegener likes this

#513 IammuA

IammuA

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:37 PM

:ph34r: :passit:

muA

• Vitolo and Verwegener like this

#514 Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:14 PM

I am afraid that Photobucket has begun to charge $399 per year to allow one's photos to be seen on forums and 3rd party websites.

This is the second web hosting service I have used....

imgur and tinypic will start to charge soon.

At any rate there are now holes in my posts, and in many other folks also.

If there is a post you have a question about in particular, due to lack of image, let me know.

• Verwegener likes this

#515 IammuA

IammuA

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:05 PM

Will do, Vitolo  bigsmileythumbsup

Bummer about the way the net is getting expensive....bah!

muA

• Vitolo and Verwegener like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users