#1 Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationThe Vapor Trail

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:55 PM

I love my vapes. I have many, and have tried most. Each has a learning curve to it, especially the portable ones. You have to take a day to learn each.. and most new Vaporists think that they are not that crazy about their choice on the first couple of tries.
I tell people to use "bunk" weed the first day, to get the feel of the unit. Once you are able to get some of that to vape, some potent strain with some real oils will be a snap. Don't waste the good stuff on your trial "blast"!
I tell folks also to look at some YouTubes while deciding. I find them informative, not in quality ( it's rarely good) but to see how easily they manipulate the unit they are showing.
Here are 3 types of vapes for 3 situations.
I show my "Fast Blast" (MFLB), "my full session on the move" (Vapir NO2), and "The Workhorse" (my SSV)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There are many vaporizers out there, and there are many people here interested in learning about this. Arzona just made Medical MJ legal. The vaporizer business is about to rocket off the charts, as readers learn how absolutely appealing a "practice" that it is.
In my home area I made a clearinghouse of informative links for vapor enthusiasts (you will see this website linked to it too!) Tucson Vapor Trail
The problem is now, that there will be a bunch of scammers, and cheap "knockoffs" of legit vapes out there. People that do not try to do it correctly.... even with a good vape can be discouraged. Imagine the discouragement if they buy a cheap little vape that falls apart or does not function to specs.
So here is to THIS particular thread growing strong. Let's guide the new vapor enthusiasts in a proper way, so they don't get burned! (no pun intended).

***************************************************************************************************
Vaporizing Other Herbs

I have been enjoying trying various herbs for vaporization for a long time.

i found charts of temperatures at which to vaporize the various herbs. There are not any complete lists of temperatures, but when you try any herb, just start low, and work up.. you learn fast enough.

I decided the other day to get the feel for each of the herbs.

I collected 50 herbs (I imagine there will be more in this collection before this experiment is over)

I will do my very first Vapor hits of the day, before I medicate, with an herb.

I will give each herb I try a few days to see what the effects are.

Posted Image

I will compile the complete findings and post them, once my personal study is done!

The SSV (Silver Surfer) will be used for this entire project.
  • justanotherbozo, GeeGee, Lucky_Cat and 9 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:54 AM

The Prune Juice Vapor Bubble Bong
On a bunch of the forums, some of the people are Bong, and "bubbler" enthusiasts. Some spend $100+ for expensive elaborate glass with famous names!
I poked a hole in this empty prune juice bottle to show that us old guys can have a little fun too!

Just for fun!

The Prune Juice Bubble Bong

Posted Image
It was very fast and easy to do, and a piece of SSV tubing fits right in the hole.
I use the jar's opening as my mouthpiece.. as if I were drinking from the bottle!
  • Bueller, GeeGee, Lucky_Cat and 12 others like this

#3 Nicholas

Nicholas

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationThe moooooon

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:37 AM

LOL i love your prune juice bubble bong video gotta clear that shit outta there!!!
  • Bueller, Lucky_Cat, Itinkso and 3 others like this

#4 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:10 PM

Vito thanks so so much for doing this :coolpunk:

this will help folk on the search for there vape of choice :sabres:

tis what GP is about sharing and paying forward :fly: :fly: :fly:

i have the i-inhale jobby handy and portable :banana: http://www.my-iolite.com/

like the look of the NO2 seems the dogs thingymebobs :coolpunk:

keep er lit m8 rainbow.gif look forward to more :laughleaf:

Health and happiness

• Bueller, Lucky_Cat, Itinkso and 3 others like this

#5 Lucky_Cat

Lucky_Cat

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9678 posts
  • Locationllanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:37 PM

TOP SHELF

Vito mucker...

mrs cat is currently using the iolite (purple edition) and da herbalaire latest thang.. love da juice bottle and am finkin same gig but bow instead of juice..

brill gig mucker.
  • Itinkso, teddys head, Vitolo and 2 others like this

#6 VapeDaddy

VapeDaddy

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:53 PM

Vaporizing is the way forward, i got a volcano a few months back and haven't inhaled smoke since(besides in Dam).
I have the iolite too, i do not like it though i doesn't seem to get me highPosted Image
  • Itinkso, teddys head, painretreat and 2 others like this

#7 Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:39 PM

Vaporizing is the way forward, i got a volcano a few months back and haven't inhaled smoke since(besides in Dam).
I have the iolite too, i do not like it though i doesn't seem to get me high

VapeDaddy- I agree that Iolite is not the easiest one to learn to enjoy. I try my best to not badmouth a manufacturer that may come up with a real beauty one day (he will remember what I said), but I am not crazy about mine either! Each vape has a learning curve you have to go through, especially the portables. I recommend to my friends that with each vape, watch some Youtubes of it.. and spend the first day vaping with some "bunk" weed. once you get any vapor from just regular weed, then the more resin filled good weed will produce fogs!
I bet you enjoy that Volcano! I never have owned a bag type vape, but you can read a funny "bag of vape" story that happened to me at My SSV, a Fine Bud and a...Doggy Bag?

Vaporizing is the the way forward!
The 3 vapes I made the demos blasts with are my faves. I always felt a Vapor fanatic needs 2 vapes, just like you have. One solid state and one portable ( even if his/her portable kinda sucks). I am a bit of a Super Fanatic and always felt I needed 3 types.. one extra for portability, but a full session.
WAIT.... what about a 4th type.
I am an expectant parent!
I own a dozen Vaporizers, but have limited the ones I use to my favorites. I have a favorite heavy hitter(SSV), a portable full session(No2) & a "Fast Blast"(MFLB). I have been wanting one more unit for easy household use, that can be on 24/7. After trying one a number of times, I decided on the Zap (MyrtleZap), which is en route!

Posted Image

I feel like my family is complete!

* note- I still have never owned a bag unit, never been crazy about bags - but I may at some point!
  • Bueller, Lucky_Cat, Itinkso and 6 others like this

#8 VapeDaddy

VapeDaddy

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:57 PM

I totally agree with everything you say Vito, with the iolite there is no temperature adjustment and i always feel like i am not getting enough vapor although i haven't added the optimizer yet so i am not 100% against them yet and there is a new model about to hit the market....the iolite wispr im sure is called. I love Bag vapes but thats because before vapes Bongs where my device of choice as i never smoked joints so i was used to one big hit and the bag vapes are the best for giving me one big hit. The volcano is a tad over priced but in the long run it will be worth it as i smashed countless bongs and lost pipes all over the house. My iolite mouth piece broke last month and they replaced it within days free of charge so at least their customer service is up to scratch.
  • OniusOniusOnius, Itinkso, teddys head and 3 others like this

#9 Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

My iolite mouth piece broke last month and they replaced it within days free of charge so at least their customer service is up to scratch.

I am really glad to hear that their customer service is good. If you are going to make a plastic device, with moving parts... and advertise it under "Health/Pharmaceuticals' you should give some darn good service. MFLB gives great customer service.
Vapir, is a bit touchy about their warranty. Although they sell units to hundreds of distributors... and the boxes all contain a warranty notice, they will only honor a warranty that comes from an "Authorized Distributor". Why they would confuse the issue by selling thousands of units to unauthorized distributors is beyond me!
Not saying anything bad about the NO2 itself.. I think it's great! I just question the warrnty issue!
  • Bueller, GeeGee, Itinkso and 5 others like this

#10 Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:41 AM

Last night I saw a question about making a cheap bong for an MFLB.

I had to wait until my wife left for work, because I had no soda bottle, and I was about to poke a hole in her plant mister spray bottle!

Here's the cheap home made MFLB bong.

I use the mouth of the bottle for a mouthpiece~

Posted Image
  • Bueller, Itinkso, teddys head and 5 others like this

#11 teddys head

teddys head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:57 AM

dats very handy Vito :) you seem to get a good blast from it stanandollie.gif

hope da mrs don't mind donating for da cause :Legalize it!: :Legalize it!:

fair play mucker :D

Health and happiness
  • Bueller, Itinkso, Vitolo and 1 other like this

#12 Malinalxochitl

Malinalxochitl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

How did the bong hit from the MFLB compare to a regular MFLB hit? Keep up the good work Vito :D
  • Itinkso, teddys head, Vitolo and 1 other like this

#13 Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:44 PM

How did the bong hit from the MFLB compare to a regular MFLB hit..

Since we use a very slow and controlled hit for the MFLB, that restriction of the water, made the box hit more steadily.. as the draw is slowed and stabilized in speed by the water!
  • Bueller, Itinkso, teddys head and 3 others like this

#14 Nicholas

Nicholas

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationThe moooooon

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:22 PM

Ingenius! more videos eheheheheheh they make my day You should edit the first post and add in your MFLB home made bong video

Edited by Nicholas, 25 May 2011 - 05:23 PM.

• Bueller, Itinkso, teddys head and 2 others like this

#15 Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:50 PM

This will excite MFLB fans for sure. MFLB accessories are really in demand. PuffItUp always has good deals and free shipping.

I was lucky enough to get to check out an MFLB item that has not been released on their site yet.

It travels well, and grinds just enough herb for a trench!.

I have used it to refine herb that has been through my SpaceCases, and this made it even finer.

it fits perfectly into the opening of MFLB, and can be used on the move without losing a drop.

It is not on their website http://www.puffitup.com yet, but it will be soon.

Posted Image

Touch image to see the MFLB Mini Grinder

Edited by Vito, 27 May 2011 - 06:51 PM.

• Bueller, Itinkso, teddys head and 4 others like this

#16 Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:53 PM

A Vaporizer Dealer that Cares About the Community

I had posted a video about a new grinder made just for the MFLB. It will be sold by PuffitUp.

Play Safe, Vaporize! Puff It Up!

I am in touch with dozens of the Vaporizer dealers, and sellers of supplies. I order a multitude of vape accessories, just to find out who gives good support to clients.
Vaporization has been listed under Health and Pharmaceuticals, and as such we would hope they held customers in an especially high regard.
I spread the name of the companies that treat you guys right, as it should be, they deserve the word of mouth.
I speak with Puffitup on the 24/7 help line, and I jokingly have referred to him on these forums as "Puffy"
I learned a bit more about Puffy (Randy). Randy got into the Vaporizer industry at a young age, after he had started chemo-therapy. Randy is a shining example of a caring person that places the welfare of vaporizer users above the dollar.
Puffitup believes in really good customer service, and this is not just talk.
The prices are great, and shipping is freeā€¦ and fast.
The good part, is you can talk to a live person. Randy does not want to sell you anything you do not need or want. What Randy does want is to answer your questions, honestly and to the point about what part or ape might suit you.

PuffItUp has a small Vapor Lounge in Downtown San Jose.

Posted Image

They have been committed to helping people stop smoking , by letting them try vaporization. The Vapor lounge which is located near a Hospital in downtown San Jose is 100% free to patients. They help certified MMJ patients in their immediate area that can not afford vaporizers by donating returned vaporizers.
I endorse PuffItUp, as being one Helluva company, whose deals you would be hard pressed to beat.

Please.. I say with confidence. Call Randy at PuffiUp at 1 (800)420 -4237 with parts questions. Tell him Vito sent you!

Edited by Vito, 27 May 2011 - 06:55 PM.

• Bueller, OniusOniusOnius, Itinkso and 5 others like this

#17 Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:50 PM

I added to my collection of Vaporizers. I have been a fan of the log style vapes, and had a tough decision in deciding.

It was between PD (Purple Days), MZ (MyrtleZap, & WDZ (Woodeez).

After a couple of months of comparison, the MyrtleZap by AromaZap won.

The Vapor tube you see with my "Zap" was made by Ed's TNT

Posted Image

#18 GeeGee

GeeGee

Sheep connoisseur extraordinaire

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7941 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:04 PM

Awesome thread I'm making it a sticky! Keep them coming Vito, nice of you to share this!
  • Bueller, Itinkso, teddys head and 1 other like this

#19 Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:30 PM

I cleaned house!
I got rid of my:
-Eagle Bill Shake &Vape glass vape pipe
-Vapor Genie
-glass dome
-Easy Vape
-Hot Box
-Iolite

Now My household consists of:
SSV (hand held)
Vapir NO2
2 MFLB units (one for the new MFLB Power Adapter)
MyrtleZap

I feel so much tidier and more organized, and have been meaning to do this for a long time.
I still am looking into that "next vape" (always!) The Supreme looks interesting!

Edited by Vito, 05 June 2011 - 07:31 PM.

#20 teddys head

teddys head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:38 PM

mahn love your vids Vito m8 :) last one looks like a mallet from me tool box lol :banana:

top job Gee on the sticky :oldhippy:

did you not rate the iolite Vito ? theres times

i think me bud dosent be heated enough with it :laughleaf:

imho you need to use well dried bud :)

Health and happiness
  • Bueller, Itinkso, Vitolo and 1 other like this

#21 Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

Did you not rate the iolite Vito ?

Ahhh .. No I didn't rate the Iolite, in any objective capacity. I got it to work fine, but it wasn't among those I did a review on, as I tried to stick to those that were most user friendly, and had the most consistent results. (also ones that would not scare a "newby" if he had to actually look inside his unit!)
On my Iolite, I found that the herb dryness also depended on the herb. You obviously were using the good stuff!
With average herb, I found it worked best if the herb was somewhat fresh (due to lack of prominant crystals/oils). With the good grade, fresh herb became to much and it needed to be dry as you pointed out.

Iolite always got me where I was going. I passed my Iolite along, because a soul was in need of healthier medicating, and had none. I have vapes, and I can only use so many... so I kept what I use on a daily basis.
  • Bueller, Itinkso, teddys head and 3 others like this

#22 Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:14 PM

You should edit the first post and add in your MFLB home made bong video

Just so you know, I would have edited them all together, but there is not an edit option on posts after a specified time! I will keep posting though~Thanks!
  • OniusOniusOnius, Itinkso, teddys head and 1 other like this

#23 OniusOniusOnius

OniusOniusOnius

The-l-Onius-Monk

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:32 PM

Great forum Vito. Love the prune juice bong :cigar:
  • Itinkso, teddys head, Vitolo and 1 other like this

#24 eloquentsolution

eloquentsolution

Alchemist Extraordinare!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:29 PM

vito, i see no oil vaporizers in your collection???
  • Itinkso, teddys head and Blue61 like this

#25 Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:49 PM

vito, i see no oil vaporizers in your collection???

No, I have no concentrate equipment. I do use the oils I make for vaping into hash, which I use in my wand with the SSV- nestled in a bed of herb. The pure oils, I use the same way, just a drip. It makes that wand hit forever... thick clouds too. I don't keep enough oils or concentrates around to warrant my owning one... I use them as I make them, as I described. II am more of a "flower kind of guy".. BUT.. I would love to see photos, or vids of your unit/units that you like to use for concentrates.
Oooops... my bad....
I did have a traditional bubble hash oil pipe... that looked like my Eagle Bill Shake&Vape... That is vaping oils! ( my god that was 1969...where's time gone?)
  • Itinkso, teddys head, zzzzzzzz and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users