#26 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:45 PM

No matter what method folks use to create multi branched plants I feel that two factors are most important.

1) Keeping a very even and vertically dense canopy (meaning minimizing vertical stretch between tops, secondary "shelf" and tertiary tops) so the highest percentage of the buds get intense light.

2) Keeping airflow high so that humidity isn't a problem and the light can be even closer to all the tops resulting in an even higher and more potent yield. Additionally, With proper airflow and temperatures a 600w aircooled HID can be slowly reduced to 6-8" from the top colas once the plants have adjusted to the lamp's intensity during maturation

Edited by MCOne, 15 March 2011 - 06:02 PM.

• CAMSTER626, Bueller, plant boy and 10 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 Philoanon

Philoanon

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNOW!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:23 PM

Yo yo MC, thanks for all the great info - legendery!

Heres what i've been doing - i had to start growing in a hurry so grabbed some veg stressed plants from two seperate friends - 4 s s haze and 5 random but def sativa strong.

Any way tent (1m x 1m x 2m) 400w hps, 1 ssh main leader was pinched and top bent over now got 16 big buds two weeks approx from harvest. (se first two pics, pic 2 cola is about the size of my hand of peace) but what i really thought you would be interested in was my own wee experiment - tent two (1.2m x 1.2m x 2m)600w hps - BOB's Technique (Bunch of bud) hehehe. Taking the best from all the techniques you have mentioned lst, SC, pinching, fim scrog etc (timing is everything!) These ladies pic 3 were halved at 1 1/2 ft high (leaving six lower brances) each lower branch was pinched, one more week of veg with high hormone from superthrive + normal veg nutes then flung in to flower.

I made a net out of gardening wire (squares 20 cm approx) about 1 ft above the plants and left them to do their thing for about two to three weeks. The canopy was all over the place (c'mon the net) i then weaved the high brances down through the net and the lower ones caught up, these are now 4 weeks from harvest.

(Here is a look at that same flower room with a second supercropping to level the canopy for the final time. I would not recommend supercropping during mid flower for others but this canopy was out of control and it needed to be done.) qoute MC

Maybe the weave in the net would help not cropping during mid flower?

oh man am excited - ill be swapping the ssh for a more thc cbd ballanced straing from a friend weight for weight for cancer cure, any info would be helpful.

Any way peace out and all the best with those ladies

Percy

Yo yo MC, thanks for all the great info - legendery!

Heres what i've been doing - i had to start growing in a hurry so grabbed some veg stressed plants from two seperate friends - 4 s s haze and 5 random but def sativa strong.

Any way tent (1m x 1m x 2m) 400w hps, 1 ssh main leader was pinched and top bent over now got 16 big buds two weeks approx from harvest. (se first two pics, pic 2 cola is about the size of my hand of peace) but what i really thought you would be interested in was my own wee experiment - tent two (1.2m x 1.2m x 2m)600w hps - BOB's Technique (Bunch of bud) hehehe. Taking the best from all the techniques you have mentioned lst, SC, pinching, fim scrog etc (timing is everything!) These ladies pic 3 were halved at 1 1/2 ft high (leaving six lower brances) each lower branch was pinched, one more week of veg with high hormone from superthrive + normal veg nutes then flung in to flower.

I made a net out of gardening wire (squares 20 cm approx) about 1 ft above the plants and left them to do their thing for about two to three weeks. The canopy was all over the place (c'mon the net) i then weaved the high brances down through the net and the lower ones caught up, these are now 4 weeks from harvest.

(Here is a look at that same flower room with a second supercropping to level the canopy for the final time. I would not recommend supercropping during mid flower for others but this canopy was out of control and it needed to be done.) qoute MC

Maybe the weave in the net would help not cropping during mid flower?

oh man am excited - ill be swapping the ssh for a more thc cbd ballanced straing from a friend weight for weight for cancer cure, any info would be helpful.

Any way peace out and all the best with those ladies

Percy

Pic 2

And pic three BOB's technique

Attached Files

• CAMSTER626, Bueller, plant boy and 8 others like this

#28 Philoanon

Philoanon

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNOW!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

Bollocks sorry mate i these files are huge - does make them look bigger :angry: Honestly tho i've no idea how to make these smaller, bit to toasted to try - it just took me like an hour to wrie this reply. wow Peace out - am away to bed :angry:
  • CAMSTER626, Bueller, plant boy and 5 others like this

#29 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:59 AM

Looks great mate It appears you have it down.

I wouldnt have had to supercrop mid-flower if I knew the strains better. But this was my first test run of these strains and JTR stretched more than I had anticipated.

I don't recommend cropping during mid flower for others. Just the first three steps as shown in the videos.

Here is a canopy update day 33 flower
lower left is vortex, top left is spacebomb, top middle is vanillia kush, top right is jtr and lower right is true blueberry

Attached Files

Edited by MCOne, 30 March 2011 - 01:30 PM.

• CAMSTER626, Bueller, plant boy and 7 others like this

#30 Guest_ecstaticM_*

Guest_ecstaticM_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:09 PM

Looks great mate It appears you have it down.

I wouldnt have had to supercrop mid-flower if I knew the strains better.
This was my first test run of these strains and JTR stretched more than I had anticipated.

I don't recommend cropping during mid flower for others. Just the first three steps as shown in the videos.

Here is a canopy update day 33 flower
lower left is vortex, top is spacebomb, and lower right is true blueberry

These photos show that you have good experience, and they are beautiful!

I am growing an auto flowering Easy Ryder that has a 3 week germ and veg cycle, 7 week flower and 10 - 12 week seed to harvest life span. How old would the girls need to be for me to do this?

#31 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:16 PM

THANK YOU!

I completely forgot about auto-flowering strains.
You do not have time to top, train or crop auto-flowers because of their short life cycle you would be taking energy away from floral development

The method I have been taught for auto-flowers is to transplant them into their finishing pots very early and run them under a HID the entire grow at 20/hr per day.

Hope that helps

Also when using this method for sativas you don't veg them quite as long because they stretch more after flowering.

Here is a relative size diagram that I am reminded of---

These photos show that you have good experience, and they are beautiful!

I am growing an auto flowering Easy Ryder that has a 3 week germ and veg cycle, 7 week flower and 10 - 12 week seed to harvest life span. How old would the girls need to be for me to do this?

Attached Files

Edited by MCOne, 07 April 2011 - 10:39 PM.

• CAMSTER626, Bueller, GeeGee and 8 others like this

#32 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:00 PM

I originally learned this technique from Soma as was suggested above. I learned yesterday that he agrees with me that super-cropping should not be performed after the third week of flower as the branches become quite rigid and with stretch ending, they will not grow back up vertically, just laterally or not at all.

Edited by MCOne, 25 March 2011 - 01:04 PM.

• CAMSTER626, Bueller, GeeGee and 7 others like this

#33 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

I am just about to harvest the tent and I must let everyone know that I had to add some fluorescent lights down low because of how dense the canopy ended up being. Next round I will run will be 4 plants instead of 5 in this space using the same method and the same size. More side lighting of the plants also will increase the harvest weight of each. Peace and prosperity

Edited by MCOne, 06 April 2011 - 07:34 PM.

• CAMSTER626, Bueller, GeeGee and 7 others like this

#34 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

Enjoy your toke to come MCOne :toking:

you deserve every bud m8 :welldone:

Health and happiness
  • Bueller, plant boy, KaK and 4 others like this

#35 Transcendence

Transcendence

South of Heaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationUnder the Sun, High watchng the Waves

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:11 PM

Cool MC1~ I glad to know I can still supercrop a bit 1 to 2 weeks in flower. I realize it probably depends on the strain also, my AK48 is strong and vigorous and has no tendency to hermi under stress. Thanks again bro> PeAcE!
  • Bueller, plant boy, KaK and 6 others like this

#36 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

Sorry about the videos everyone. They don't exist anymore.. Peace
  • Bueller, plant boy, KaK and 2 others like this

#37 xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx

THC- Transcendence Healing Cannabis

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts
  • LocationA place between Heaven and Hell when said in English

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:53 PM

I have been supercropping and using lst as well as toping tecniques for as long as I have grown , wish I would have had this info 20 + years ago .. Nice work McOne , very well written and detailed . If one follows this they will be sure to see more weight at harvest and as well it sure helps to know this when all else fails and you have to take em down .. I dont normally grow Trees but now and then that certain pheno comes around that just needs its neck broken while in early bloom , just hade to do this too a Jacks Cleaner x Plush pheno today .. I am growing it for the first time and wanted to see how much stretch she had and how her structure and genetics surface but in the end she will be a prime lady for all the work mentioned above .. Again nice work , this needs to be read by more new growers . it really can make a huge difference and especially when your grow is a small one .. PPS

Edited by ProffesorPotSnob, 17 October 2011 - 10:55 PM.

• plant boy, KaK, teddys head and 4 others like this

#38 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:36 AM

very nice my man! love it diff agree in the training and toping for a larger yeild this will help many bro. good thinking to post. thanks . KaK
  • plant boy, teddys head, OffDaBaba and 3 others like this

#39 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:06 PM

I found the video for the most important step, step two! How to super crop and spread your plants canopy while leveling it. The plant in the video was topped once early in its life to create the two 'plant like shoots' which get super cropped in this how-to :welldone:

Edited by MCOne, 18 December 2011 - 03:06 PM.

• plant boy, KaK, teddys head and 7 others like this

#40 Desiderata

Desiderata

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3096 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:09 AM

Thanks for the help here MC! I see you have a curious kitty helping in the background! I'm in day 10 of flower today and I'll be super cropping, but it may be too late to top. Just a bit of advice for anybody else that may have trouble pinching the stems hard enough to get them to bend and not break. I'll be trying a trick with a pair of pliers, ever so gently flattening the stem, then bending it over. I'll let you know how that goes, unless there are other ways to help with the process.
  • Bueller, plant boy, KaK and 7 others like this

#41 sandbreak

sandbreak

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:19 PM

Thanks so much for that vid (and for the knowledge in this thread), MCOne! I will be trying both supercropping and either topping or FIMing with my next grow, as I'm shifting from autos to photoperiod and grow space is very small...
  • Bueller, plant boy, KaK and 5 others like this

#42 Bong

Bong

420 BONG FREAK

• Moderators
  • 2248 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

this tread has answerd loads of questions and is really informative, let me jus say R.I.P. MCone and thank you for sharing your knowledge with us all. peace and respect dude R.I.P. bonghead
  • Bueller, Desiderata, plant boy and 4 others like this

#43 medMUser

medMUser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationOn 2 acres down a dusty dirt road.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Great thread. Very helpful. Thanks to MCO & other contributors. I like to FIM as I understand that FIMing contributes less stress than super crop cutting. But I don't think it stresses all that much & if done before flower cycle shouldn't matter much any way. I did learn that you can cut early in flower. Thanks every one! mM
  • plant boy, KaK, teddys head and 2 others like this

#44 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17378 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

we have lost a great teacher,,,,let us all pay it forward
  • Bueller, Desiderata, KaK and 2 others like this

#45 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 20507 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:05 AM

Bumping this for the good info...

• Bueller, plant boy, KaK and 2 others like this

#46 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:50 PM

A good bump my friend^^... miss him to this day..

• Bueller, KnuckleDragger, PoeticLife and 1 other like this

#47 Bueller

Bueller

Good Bye

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25979 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

Gracias for the bump KD

Good man, good soul and gone from us way to soon,,,, ditto above

• KaK, KnuckleDragger and PoeticLife like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic