Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:45 PM

Cherry AK 47

Goal; to isolate the incredible resin and smell of the Cherry AK 47

Possible pollen doners, Pandoras Box, Qrazy Train, Black Dahlia, (Vortex x G13), and late entry, Cindy99 Grapefruit pheno.

I am leaning towards using a male from my GAQ13 cross because of G13's indica structure and its dominance in a cross. G13 is known to overpower the taste of its breeding partners so using G13 would make it easy to select the plants with the recessive trait that cherry ak possess. I am assuming it is recessive (rr) because of its rarity and its stated occurrence rate of 1 out of 100.
_

So, working with say a dominant (GG) g13 male and the recessive (cc) cherry ak lets see what we would get:
This is making alot of assumptions about the way genes work and which genes are influencing smell. In reality with the plants it will not be this simple and may take 5 or more generations to cube the strain.

F1: GG x cc = 100% Gc - so the cherry would skip this first generation as Vic High had suggested. That is why we need to keep the P1 cherry ak (cc) to back cross to.
So selecting the most cherry of the Gc males, we then backcross him with the P1 cherry ak mother (cc)

F2: Gc x cc = 50% Gc and 50% cc -- half of the progeny is coded for cherry recessive now, selecting one of the cherry males from this generation we have our perfect doner male.

F3: cc x cc = 100% cc and now we have offspring that will carry the cherry trait. Now compare these with the effects of our original cherry AK mother, and see if we have made any improvements.
_

Now lets assume that I don't keep the cc mother to back cross with;

F1: Gg x cc = 50% Gc and 50% gc -- we see the recessive cc has skipped F1 again, but some of the gc should either mix the smells or possibly lean towards cherry. Selecting the least G13 smelling male (gc) and female (gc) and cross those,

F2: gc x gc = 50% gc, 25% gg and 25% cc -- so we now only have 25% true cherry and 50% that could lean towards cherry, so we will be selecting a true cherry female for the next round, but possibly a gc male

F3: cc x gc = 50% cc and 50%gc, so now we can choose a true cherry male and true cherry female more easily for round 4

F4: cc x cc = 100% cc

_

Now lets assume that I pick a mixed male which is Gv out of the cross, the v for vortex smell.

F1: Gv x cc = 50% Gc and 50% vc -- we see the resessive cc has skipped F1 again. What happens if we pic the vc male,

F2: vc x cc = 50% vc and 50% cc -- so we now have 50% true cherry and 50% that could lean towards cherry, so we will be selecting a true cherry male for the next round,

F3 cc x cc = 100% cc again

_

So like I said this is all assuming a great deal of information about smell and chromosomes. But what it illustrates to me is that by choosing a dominant trait to select against, that the recessive cherry traits should be more recognizable and I will be able to select against them.
_

The G13 hybrid is above ground now so male selection will begin soon. I hope to be able to continue this experiment live for GP to see, but until then, here are some Cherry ak photos (from day 30 of flower!!!)

Attached File  cherryAKweb8.jpg   293.02KB   16 downloadsAttached File  cherryAKweb2.jpg   102.62KB   17 downloadsAttached File  cherryAKweb.jpg   291.2KB   14 downloadsAttached File  cherryAKweb7.jpg   197.95KB   13 downloadsAttached File  cherryAKweb6.jpg   164.17KB   12 downloadsAttached File  cherryAKweb3.jpg   123.47KB   12 downloadsAttached File  cherryAKweb4.jpg   103.07KB   12 downloadsAttached File  cherryAKweb5.jpg   119.81KB   8 downloads

Edited by MCOne, 06 March 2011 - 02:13 PM.

• Bueller, KaK and indoh209 like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users