#1 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:50 PM

ELECTRIQ THAI aka E.T. aka Qosmos There are alot of cerebral stones out there but the red thai is in a world of its own. I picked up the clone from a friend with the promise it would have a crazy effect, like LSD. So as usual I did some reading and later determined it is most likely a highland thai variety like Dj Short wrote about. As that is where the beans had originated.. DJ compared it to 'taking too much lsd' and called it one of the fruitiest varieties he had worked with, potentially contributing in the creation of haze. Fast forward 110 days of flower, and we have selected 500 Electriq Thai F1 seeds -- P1 Mother 'Red Thai' clone, P1 Father 'Felipe' the Pandoras Box male (( Jacks Cleaner x Space Queen ) x P1 Space Queen ) I have to mention that while collecting the seeds my hands became covered in resin from the pure red thai plant. I made rubbings and collected the hash as usual, but then something really out of the ordinary happened. After smoking I started having visuals flash mentally as if I had taken a hallucinogen that were really strong.. I also felt as if someone was there with me, watching, guiding me, as I went on to 'trip out' for awhile and retire to bed at 5am only to find myself 'melting' and sliding all over the mattress.

Attached Files

Edited by MCOne, 04 April 2011 - 05:02 PM.

• jangel, CAMSTER626, Bueller and 8 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:53 PM

From Dj Short; ‘Highland Thai was among the absolute sweetest and fruitiest herb on the planet. The Highland Thai, I believe, is at least partially where the Haze variety originated. It was one of the finest Sativa plants grown for its finished product at 45°N.

It is from this variety that Juicy Fruit Thai came. Out of all of the varieties that I have worked with at 45°N, this Thai produced some of the most powerful herb. This stuff was purely cerebral, yet mentally devastating in quantity, with absolutely no ceiling. Once, a seasoned smoker friend and I tested how far we could go with the homegrown Juicy Fruit. I recall making it to the 14th bong hit and being completely incapable of continuing. My coordination and depth perception were so skewed that I was unable to physically conquer it. The experience rivaled that of taking too much LSD, causing an incapacitation of the psychedelic kind. Yet, it was also uniquely enjoyable, entertaining and educational at the same time. I had sparkly eyes for a day or two afterward. The aroma was a super-sweet fruity tropical punch and the flavor expressed itself both in the bud and the smoke.’

• jangel, CAMSTER626, Bueller and 6 others like this

#3 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:02 PM

Goals;
Select F1 progeny based on thai like traits (sativa dominant structure, red stems, thin leaves)
Select a desirable F1 male from progeny
Select F1 female based on the effect of their smoke
Create F2 cross
Select F2 Male, backcross to F1 Female

See what F3 progeny has to offer and proceed as needed.
At this time, given proper selection we will be at roughly 75% of the selected genetic information. With an additional backcross we would achieve 88%.

Or if I find an incredible F1 male, we will backcross using the male and select filial females which would be much easier selection each generation.

I will be selecting initially against the lemon trait which the PB male Felipe carries so strongly, in favor of the earthy smell of the red thai.

Eventually I hope to find a cherry and lemon plant that has the effect of red thai that we desire and stabilize that plant creating a hybrid instead of fully isolating the red thai genes. If I had intended to completley isolate the red thai I would have kept the P1 mother of the seeds but it was too racey of a effect for me.

Edited by MCOne, 07 March 2011 - 02:39 PM.

• jangel, CAMSTER626, Bueller and 4 others like this

#4 Tree

Tree

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationThe Great Pacific Northwest

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:47 PM

I'm eagerly awaiting more information on your strain development. I hope you’ll write more and let us know how it's going.
  • jangel, Bueller, DogFaceDude and 2 others like this

#5 Transcendence

Transcendence

South of Heaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationUnder the Sun, High watchng the Waves

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:14 PM

Luv your description of this cross! Looking forward to the progress on this one> MC! PeAcE!
  • jangel, Bueller, DogFaceDude and 2 others like this

#6 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:22 PM

Links to test grows: https://www.greenpas...__1#entry370577 https://www.greenpas...__1#entry403104 https://www.greenpas...__1#entry374670
  • jangel, Bueller, Turpene and 2 others like this

#7 Dudz

Dudz

Freak of Nature

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:23 PM

Wow sounds great!!! .....except for the 110 days of flower time. LOL

Edited by Dudz, 27 September 2011 - 08:24 PM.

• jangel, Bueller, DogFaceDude and 3 others like this

#8 chow

chow

cannasseur

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1102 posts
  • Locationknee deep in a bowl of rice

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:28 PM

whoa, i'm freaking drooling. ...i love "trippy" cannabis, and i especially love that it looks like strands of red chilis shooting out from the buds! chow
  • jangel, Bueller, DogFaceDude and 3 others like this

#9 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:13 PM

Good things come to those who wait Dudz, to each their own. I just throw one outside and do my normal thing otherwise. Peace!
  • Transcendence likes this

#10 Dudz

Dudz

Freak of Nature

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:20 PM

Good things come to those who wait Dudz, to each their own. I just throw one outside and do my normal thing otherwise.
Peace!

I totally agree, and would love to sample it someday!!
I just don't have a place to grow outdoors (not that it would finish in my area anyhow), and my broke butt can't afford to feed it light for 2 extra months. Posted Image
  • Transcendence and MCOne like this

#11 guestpatient

guestpatient

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

I remember a few hallucinatory highs from weed in the early-mid 70's in >high< school so this is intriguing. (all of what we smoked then were sativas of varying degrees of potency) I also remember having a very intense visual (not tripping but surprisingly bright) experience in 74 the first time we sparked a "pin" joint of "columbian" before school one day. 1 st hour Art class was never the same again...LOL. (and who has the DOUGHNUTS?? HUH???) Since then I have only had an un-named haze in the late 70's that had this quality. I keep reading about this strain or that (breeder descriptions) that "has no ceiling' or that is "electric" and I bought/grew some varieties from well-known breeders (not gonna name em) when I upped the plant counts via my med card(s) that were certainly "no ceiling"...mainly because they were tasteless offerings that you could smoke all day cus they were so weak. One was a "panama Red" cross that was the best of the bunch. slightly fuelly tasting..like charcoal lighter...and kinda spicy....she would makeyou anxious but there was no visual treat and overall it was an uncomfortable high for everyone who tried it. Another was a Neville's cross...this was from a highly touted/respected breeder, FWIW...and again...very weaksauce as my bros would say. If that is trippin those cats never did REAL ACID...LOL. The last was a thai..."Vision Thai"....was touted HIGHLY and I drove 200 miles+ for the cut....only to grow it and NOT GET HIGH ON IT. again..i wasn't alone and my buds gave me shit about smoking em STRAIGHT.... dddammn. (nuff of that). Needless to say....all of em took 14-17 weeks (VT was 11, i think) and none were worth the time.....thus i've grow indicas >solely< for the last 6 years. (gotta hit the pain) the HEAD would love a ride on something like you describe though...LOL best of luck on the project. mp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users