#1 HeirloomerBoomer

HeirloomerBoomer

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationPiedmont North Carolina

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:19 PM

Lately, I've been reading about the endogenous cannabinoid receptor system we all have wired into and through-out our bodies. As Allyn Howlett, PhD and Raphael Mechoulam, PhD and Robert Melamede, Ph.D (Give 'em all the Nobel Prize!) have expounded - this human endo-cannabinoid system takes care of whatever business our immune system doesn't and is vital for the balance and regulation of all body systems, so (and I know this is controversial) why not, the next time you hear some helicopter parents spouting off about "but whaaadabout the cheeldrens?" and advocating shielding them from cannabis by all means... (even the dispensaries in the legal states have laws requiring they are not located within so many hundred feet of schools, I guess so that the kiddies will not walk by and even think about cannabis) ...why not let them know they would be holding back one of the most important nutraceuticals from which children could benefit? If we all have this critical endogenous cannabinoid system hard-wired in our bodies which is so essential to our good health & if wee children have the same endo-cannabinoid system & the endogenous cannabinoids are coursing through their brains and bodies to help in their proper development, & if they should get sick because they become deficient in these endo-cannabinoids, such as 'Anandamide', then why not supplement their lack with all the many phyto-cannabinoids that are available? Should we be hypocritical and even though we acknowledge the wondrous design of the endogenous cannabinoids system, yet we would say that plant cannabinoids are TABOO for children when they become sickly and deficient? We should advocate phyto-cannabinoids for children. They like brownies and cookies and other savory edibles don't they? Fill those foods with cannabinoids and let our children have a fighting chance to be healthy and vital and fully alive. And you pregnant mothers-to-be out there- ingest all the phyto-cannabinoids you can until you come to term. Give that little young'un a good head start in life! (I predict that children who have optimum levels of endo-cannabinoids and who are in good health & have been supplemented by plant cannabinoids in their early and formative years, will be far less likely to want a taste of any of the opiates or other hard drugs later in life...) http://www.medicalca...nabinoid-system HB/Tom
  • jangel, Turpene, Itinkso and 5 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Radic

Radic

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationNimbin

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:51 AM

greetnz
yes i gotta love and support cannabis therapy for babies and children

Cannabinoids as therapy in childhood
The gradual postnatal increase of anandamide and its CB1 receptors [10–12, 15], is accompanied by a gradual maturing response to the psychoactive potential of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC) or anandamide in postnatal mice between birth and weaning [67] .
This observation has important implications for cannabinoid therapy in children, since psychoactive
side effects may be expected to be minor when treated with cannabinoids at a young age. Indeed, very high doses of Δ8-THC (approximately 0.64 mg/kg/treatment) were given to children between the ages of 3 and 13 years who were undergoing chemotherapy for the treatment of various hematologic cancers, over long periods of time (up to 114 treatments, based on 4 treatments/24 hr during the days of chemotherapy). The anti-emetic effects were impressive, whereas the side effects were minimal [68]. In a preliminary report [69, 70] eight children (ages 3–14 years) with a variety of severe neurological diseases or damage, were treated with Δ9-THC (0.04–0.12 mg/kg/day). Significant improvements in behavioral parameters including reduced spasticity, improved dystonia increased
interest in the surroundings and anti-epileptic activity were reported without notable adverse effects. The same study reported the case of an 11 year-old girl who suffered a spinal contusion with total paraplegia and a frontal skull fracture following a traffic accident, who was deemed to suffer from posttraumatic disorder
with lack of appetite and mood disturbance. The daily THC administration improved appetite as well as mood. Interestingly, this clinical observations is in agreement with two recent animals studies which suggest
that the endocannabinoid CB1 receptor system is involved in posttraumatic forgetting [71, 72].

Psychoactive side effects of cannabinoid treatment
seem to be absent or much reduced in children possibly due to low concentrations of CB1 receptors. Further understanding of the underlying mechanisms will hopefully lead to the development of cannabinoid-based therapeutic strategies for the treatment of disorders
including infant “failure-to-thrive” and Cystic Fibrosis.

hail Melanie Dreher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9WorIM0RhA&feature=player_embedded

www.medicalcannabis.com/pregnancy.htm

DREHER'S JAMAICAN PREGNANCY STUDY

More Suppression of Marijuana Research

In the 1980s Melanie Dreher and colleagues at UMass Amherst began a longitudinal study to assess the well-being of infants and children whose mothers used cannabis during pregnancy. The researchers lived in rural Jamaican communities among the women they were studying. Thirty cannabis-using pregnant women were matched for age and
socio-economic status with 30 non-users. Dreher et al compared the course of their pregnancies and their neo-natal outcomes, using various standard scales.

No differences were detected three days after birth. At 30 days the exposed babies did better than the non-exposed on all the scales and significantly better on two of the scales (having to do with autonomic stability and reflexes).

Follow-up studies were conducted when the kids were four and five (just before entering school and after). The moms were defined as light users (1-10 spliffs per week), moderate (11-20), and heavy (21-70). Consumption of ganja tea was also taken into account.

Dr. Dreher is the principal researcher and director of several studies within the suppressed Costa Rican study,
i still havent seen any of the latest reportz
in this vid she sey
the kidz in the report are now adults with there own kidz and the studdy still golong so
results are
Posted Image
way more than just no difference
Posted Image
in fact ganga kidz are way in front,.,. in every test
hahahahaha
nuff Posted Image
more power to Dr. Dreher

Posted Image
the truth will revile to the babe and suckling
free ganga for kidz and mumz
Posted Image
forward cannabis
heal the children
heal the future
  • jangel, Itinkso, teddys head and 1 other like this

#3 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:57 PM

From someone with experience while pregnant,,I am a true believer.
  • jangel, Itinkso, teddys head and 1 other like this

#4 arnoldgirl613

arnoldgirl613

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

Absolutely agree... People need to get past the stigma... The truth is all around you.:unsure:
  • Itinkso, teddys head and DEBhasgrn like this

#5 Radic

Radic

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationNimbin

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:23 PM

irey thanx and praize for your words of womanly wisdom nuff raspect everytime free cannabis heal the children heal the future
  • Itinkso, teddys head and DEBhasgrn like this

#6 Speedcult

Speedcult

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationDesert just SW of my beloved Colorado

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:40 PM

Just thought I would add to this sticky if that's ok with my green kin... I know someone who has a 10 year old son. Problems at night were, bed wetting, night terrors, sleep walking AND talking... he would walk in her room at night and just stand there... VERY creepy. When her husband asked him what he was doing, he would mumble something about finding either someone or something and walk back to bed. He would also yell in his sleep at his older brother. Concerned about all this, she took him to a doctor who said he appeared normal and probably just wasn't sleeping well. The prescription? Melatonin. This did little to help. Soon her son was almost a walking zombie from the lack of sleep. Knowing some of the benefits and understanding the possible issues (none really), very small amounts of thc were introduced into his food (nobody else knew, not even her son). The first night, he slept through with no problems. Strange... he sometimes slept through but would always have the hardest time getting up she said. The next morning, he slept in later then usual and mom was concerned. After being told that his body may need a few days to finally catch up, she was okay. Sure enough, the 3rd day, he was acting better, calmer, more energy during the day (COMPLETE opposite of his tired-zombieness). The 4th morning... he was up before anyone else, watching TV and chowing on shredded wheat! WHAT?! Healthy food for breakfast? When his dad asked why he chose that, he said he was going to need the energy because he wanted to help his dad with yard work. No alarm clock, nobody woke him... his body had just finally caught up with sleep and was now on a schedule. Current state. His bed wetting stopped, the night terrors have stopped and same with the sleep walking. Funny thing is that the thc was stopped after a week to see if the problems would return... They haven't. Melatonin didn't do anything. Cannabis seemed like it did or it just so happens to be a huge coincidence that everything stopped at the same time thc was introduced. Personally I think thc is a wonder nutrient. Yes I say nutrient, because it sure seems to give the body something that is missing. I also believe that this powerful resin should be consumed by ANYONE that needs it, including kids, babies and pregnant women. Usually it reduces stress, helps relax muscles, eases pain, allows the bodies immune system to work more efficiently and so MUCH more! Autism, ADD & ADHD, Depression, Anxiety, Bi-Polar Disorder and many other "common" problems into today's children... which they are more then happy to start them young on Big Pharm addictions. Why should we be any more hesitant to "prescribe" a beautiful medicine that has been PROVEN to work with LESS side effects? Mr. Simpson was on the right path but was stopped. I believe that hemp oil can heal and restore as well. It's high time (pun intended) for the modern hippie and medicine men/women to start educating as many people as possible! My own doctor, just yesterday, told me that she didn't think I could get my medical card because I wasn't a cancer patient! I looked at her in shock and told her, "It's not just a cancer cure. It can help in SO MANY other areas, physically, mentally and emotionally." She said, "It doesn't cure cancer, if it did, we (meaning doctors I guess) would have heard about it." My reply, "There's so many things that are held back because of profitability, it's not your fault. Take a free minute and learn about Run From The Cure and you'll start to see." She shrugged, told me to bring a flash drive so I didn't have to pay for copies of my records lol. My point in all this? If YOU are reading this, you're either curious or serious about it. Not even our "professionals" are fully aware! This is something that has received little attention from the medical community because it is NOT endorsed by the FDA or Big Pharm! Why? We all know this... YOU CAN'T PATENT A PLANT! There's no money in it for them! So by THAT stupid, ignorant, selfish, greedy logic... LIFE IS NOT PRICELESS! How's it feel to know that our lives and more importantly, that of our children's lives have a price? How's it feel to know that that price is set by those that do not have our best interests at heart. The only interest they care about is that of their bank accounts. They make BILLIONS off of us being sick, you really think they will endorse or back research into something that will take away from that? Of course they will try to stop The Medicine. Of course they will tell us it will harm our children... they give treat clinics/disp/growers with the same respect they give a PEDOPHILE! Can't be xxx distance from schools, daycares, parks, etc. Like it's a dangerous thing! Those that know different, understand... this could help correct so many problems! There should be no age limit on this medicine. "They" don't really have any, so we need to do the same. Good medicine is good medicine and ours just happens to scare "them"... that's why they want to shut people up like Mr. Simpson. Yes it sounds like a conspiracy... it is... keep America sick and their pockets fat. They pay MILLIONS in support/endorsements/contributions to our government to buy our health. Do you think a child's life is priceless? Do you think we owe it to them to give them the best resources possible? Or should we just trust "Them"? Accept that "they" know what's best? Isn't it a parents job to protect their child?:rolleyes:
  • Itinkso, teddys head and tigger like this

#7 tigger

tigger

medicine woman

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:00 PM

FITH
Sorry if none of this makes sense. LOL
Thank you for this thread! I have been so torn up about what to do for my son. He is 10, suffers from restless legs (seriously bad!), bed wetting, nightmares, debilitating pain in his feet and ADD. His doctor finally talked me into letting him take Chlonodine. (I may have spelled that wrong) I told the doctor I don't want him to take anything NEW!!!!! Fekking scientists these days put you on something and they have no idea what it will do long term! (That's a whole nother story!)

FITH

Well, I recently starting smoking again Posted Image after being crippled for the last two years (and at times limited to a power chair for mobility) and I feel SOOOO much better! My memory is getting better, I'm losing weight, my spine is re-aligning and slowly, the once dreadful pain that was throughout my entire body is starting to subside. So I got to thinking, maybe I can un-medicate my child, if I "medicate" him on my own. Posted Image

My husband of course is completely against his use of THC in any capacity and for any reason so it would be hard to do without asking my child to keep a BIG secret from dad, and that's not right. I can't ask my son to lie, it's just wrong on so many levels.

FITH

Baking (he loves moms cookies!) and oil therapy sound like something I can do without anyone else knowing. That poor kid might actually have a chance! Posted Image

I was feeling so "criminal", it's a shame that society has burdened parents like me with such a ridiculous deception.

FITH!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Itinkso and teddys head like this

#8 lostinlymeland

lostinlymeland

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:24 PM

My daughter suffers from long term lyme disease. It is horrible..and through study it landed me here...I think this is the answer...but for me to "feeling" like a criminal just makes me mad..I am responding for 2 reasons..1- to say I so understand! 2- have you treated and how is he doing?
Blessings,
lostinlymeland
Cat

FITH
Sorry if none of this makes sense. LOL
Thank you for this thread! I have been so torn up about what to do for my son. He is 10, suffers from restless legs (seriously bad!), bed wetting, nightmares, debilitating pain in his feet and ADD. His doctor finally talked me into letting him take Chlonodine. (I may have spelled that wrong) I told the doctor I don't want him to take anything NEW!!!!! Fekking scientists these days put you on something and they have no idea what it will do long term! (That's a whole nother story!)

FITH

Well, I recently starting smoking again Posted Image after being crippled for the last two years (and at times limited to a power chair for mobility) and I feel SOOOO much better! My memory is getting better, I'm losing weight, my spine is re-aligning and slowly, the once dreadful pain that was throughout my entire body is starting to subside. So I got to thinking, maybe I can un-medicate my child, if I "medicate" him on my own. Posted Image

My husband of course is completely against his use of THC in any capacity and for any reason so it would be hard to do without asking my child to keep a BIG secret from dad, and that's not right. I can't ask my son to lie, it's just wrong on so many levels.

FITH

Baking (he loves moms cookies!) and oil therapy sound like something I can do without anyone else knowing. That poor kid might actually have a chance! Posted Image

I was feeling so "criminal", it's a shame that society has burdened parents like me with such a ridiculous deception.

FITH!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Speedcult

Speedcult

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationDesert just SW of my beloved Colorado

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:20 AM

Would you still feel criminal if you had to steal a loaf of bread to feed your child? What about if "they" poisoned your child? How would you feel then? What if you saw a suffering child alone? Now what if that child is yours? Who are they to play God? Funny thing is they don't care about God or being Gods... all they care about is how much money they can squeeze out of us. They don't care about you or your child... the teacher pay-cuts, welfare cuts, healthcare crap.... all show that the only thing that needs benefits is their bank account. WE ARE THE PEOPLE, NOT SHEEPLE. What natural methods you choose is purely yours. Our ancestors (wherever you come from) used natures remedies and lived longer!!! If our Mother Earth / God created these plants with such knowing as to WHAT it would do and it was wrong... why allow it? Why make it so useful? Coincidence? Trust YOUR instinct... you know your child better then they do. THEY are FITH!:)

#10 lostinlymeland

lostinlymeland

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:25 AM

Great thought provoking points!! Thank you!
blessings,
Cat

Would you still feel criminal if you had to steal a loaf of bread to feed your child?

What about if "they" poisoned your child? How would you feel then?

What if you saw a suffering child alone? Now what if that child is yours?

Who are they to play God?

Funny thing is they don't care about God or being Gods... all they care about is how much money they can squeeze out of us.

They don't care about you or your child... the teacher pay-cuts, welfare cuts, healthcare crap.... all show that the only thing that needs benefits is their bank account.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE, NOT SHEEPLE. What natural methods you choose is purely yours. Our ancestors (wherever you come from) used natures remedies and lived longer!!!

If our Mother Earth / God created these plants with such knowing as to WHAT it would do and it was wrong... why allow it? Why make it so useful? Coincidence?

Trust YOUR instinct... you know your child better then they do. THEY are FITH!:)

#11 CoNtRoVeRsIaL

CoNtRoVeRsIaL

I'm Just a CFL kinda Guy

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1271 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

very interesting thread, i like the topic/discussion and stories. makes me think Goodluck to all with children suffering from some disorder,and much prays and strength to the parents having to deal with it

#12 froggymountain

froggymountain

SHeaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

CANNABIS NEVER HARMS

Street Drugs and Enhancers Endangering Kids

End the prohibition - save our children.

Fake Pot Sending Increasing Number of Kids to ER - ABC News 19mar2012

http://abcnews.go.co...15940721&sid=26

Synthetic Marijuana Causing Intoxication in Kids

By KIM CAROLLO
Today, 11:30 AM

An increasing number of teens and young adults are turning to synthetic marijuana compounds with nicknames such as "K2," "Spice" and "Mr. Smiley" in search of a legal high. But as several new case reports point out, more and more teens and young adults who use these substances are turning up in hospitals with signs of intoxication.

In the latest edition of the journal Pediatrics, physicians from Children's National Medical Center in Washington, D.C. presented three case studies of teenagers who came to the emergency room after they each ingested fake pot.

Each teen suffered from a variety of serious adverse effects after they ingested these marijuana-mimicking substances. The authors described symptoms such as rapid heart beat, high blood pressure, excessive sweating and rigidity. Two of them also became extremely agitated. All three survived and were eventually released from the hospital.

"We became concerned about it after seeing these teenagers, and when we researched the literature, we realized there is very little out there about the effects of these compounds," said Dr. Joanna Cohen, lead author and associate professor of pediatric emergency medicine at Children's National Medical Center. "We wanted to publish these case reports mostly because we wanted to share the information we had gathered to let the medical community know what we were seeing."

These compounds are banned in almost every state, and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration recently extended a ban on some of the chemicals used to produce these substances.

They are relatively new, and clinicians don't always immediately realize what's going on with people who come to emergency rooms after smoking them. The compounds do not show up in routine drug screenings.

#13 xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx

THC- Transcendence Healing Cannabis

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts
  • LocationA place between Heaven and Hell when said in English

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:42 AM

I can not speak aloud on this story but want to share with a little incognito to keep this child safe that I am going to speak of .. I will only state that this child is 14 and has terminal Cancer , the worst type that can not be treated by chemo and was given 14-18 months to live and that is with modern medicine and our abilities as told by the medical profession .. Now this is not a story that can be brought into the mainstream due to security and controversy . The parents fear prosecution for helping there daughter hold onto lifes precious strand with Cannabis Oil .. The flip side of this coin is that the tumors have not progressed further due to oil and Cannabinoids .. I have been able to help this family as much as I can with aspects and wont say more there as well due to the security involved again ..Its hearbreaking even more so to know that the family hides in fear of prosecution and really should have support from the entire community that they live in ! Now to keep this short , I have seen this herb turn a sick child around and restore even the time left into a much comfortable one at that . And the real moral to the story is that the parents and this child have HOPE when the medical world as we know it left them for dead . Imagine being told that your child will die shortly after a year and we are sorry but thats all we can do ! Bullshit is right ! I dont care for most doctors as they tend to become disassociated early on .. Not all but most and then there are those who hold moral obligations to torment any marijuana patients they encounter , yes I have meet a few and many here know the type , the pain management doctors are notorious for this as well as many Psychiatric professionals ... I dont know about you but I will always be ready to heal my children if need be and they too are being educated well from the right age to understand this injustice they too have suffered.. PPS
  • bongbonghi, Itinkso and teddys head like this

#14 froggymountain

froggymountain

SHeaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

http://abcnews.go.co...36#.ULio9qxX2So

Cannabis Oil Pills Helped Child Go Into Cancer Remission, Mom Says

y SYDNEY LUPKIN
Nov. 27, 2012
When 7-year-old Mykayla Comstock was diagnosed with leukemia in July, it was less than three days before her mother filed Oregon medical marijuana paperwork so the child could take lime-flavored capsules filled with cannabis oil.

The decision to give Mykayla the capsules came naturally to Erin Purchase, MyKayla's mother, who believes marijuana has healing power, but doctors aren't so sure it's a good idea.

"The first doctor was not for it at all," Purchase told ABCNews.com. "She was rude and she told us it was inappropriate. "Basically she blew up at us and told us to transfer to another facility."

They found a new doctor, who knows that Mykayla takes about a gram of cannabis oil a day -- half in the morning and half at night -- but he doesn't talk about it with them.

"This is our daughter," Purchase, 25, said. "If they don't agree with our personal choices, we'd rather they not say anything at all."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users